1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,321 Posts
    What happened to the RPS newsbot?
    It got mad that it was renamed to RockPaperShitgun and quit. Didn't even give Garry his two week notice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

2. Post #482
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2010
    1,111 Posts
    my avatar won't animate.
    it is a .gif and plays fine locally.
    but not as a avatar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

3. Post #483
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,744 Posts
    my avatar won't animate.
    it is a .gif and plays fine locally.
    but not as a avatar.
    It has to be under 80x80 before upload
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #484
    Yandere Princess
    Dennab
    April 2010
    22,320 Posts
    That's what Garry said but at the beginning of this month threads with as few as 1,000 posts were locked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #485
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,689 Posts
    How come the first time I sign in, I always get this message? I always gotta sign in twice.

Invalid Redirect URL (http://facepunch.com/)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

6. Post #486
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,914 Posts
    How come the first time I sign in, I always get this message? I always gotta sign in twice.

Invalid Redirect URL (http://facepunch.com/)
    you always ask questions that have been answered

It happens when you login at facepunch.com instead of www.facepunch.com.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2010
    1,111 Posts
    Is my avatar animated now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #488
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,662 Posts
    I wonder how much wasted money Ideal-Hosting has pumped into garry's title

I liked what jimbomcb did with it an hour ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

9. Post #489
    Official Moose of DD
    August 2010
    5,176 Posts

I'm curious, what was it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #490
    October 2010
    2,100 Posts

At least $50 in the last month.
    Garry's title is basically a billboard now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #491
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2010
    1,111 Posts
    wtf why is my gif not playing fully
    it just repeats the glasses falling
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    At least $50 in the last month.
    Garry's title is basically a billboard now.
    Maybe they should raise the price on moderator/garry titles, so that they make more money from people using it as a billboard.

Edited:

Is there more to it than that? It seems to loop really well for not "playing fully".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

13. Post #493
    June 2008
    4,668 Posts
    i remember seeing that gif around fp

it's just an endless loop of sunglasses falling from and inevitably long tree
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2010
    1,111 Posts
    i remember seeing that gif around fp

it's just an endless loop of sunglasses falling from and inevitably long tree
    there's supposed to be a dog
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    February 2010
    555 Posts
    Is there a compiled list somewhere of the different scripts (and shortcuts) used in posting? Obviously it's easy to remember Italics and Bold, but it would be nice to have them somewhere in the "Go Advanced" editing for stuff like the    black-out    and the link-in-name stuff.

If there IS a list somewhere, a link would be handy, if not; Garry could you make one please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #496
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    It's a very dull place where we are told what we should be doing by garry and sometimes we ask each other's opinions on bad users.

There's one thread for shooting the breeze, all the rest is Strictly Business.
    You forgot to mention the free money thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 5 (list)

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2010
    1,111 Posts
    You forgot to mention the free money thread.
    ban for leaking mod forum content
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    ban for leaking mod forum content
    You rate me funny, but there's truth to my post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 9Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #499
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,866 Posts
    I was told once that there are really good Chilli recipes there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #500
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Is there a compiled list somewhere of the different scripts (and shortcuts) used in posting? Obviously it's easy to remember Italics and Bold, but it would be nice to have them somewhere in the "Go Advanced" editing for stuff like the    black-out    and the link-in-name stuff.

If there IS a list somewhere, a link would be handy, if not; Garry could you make one please?
    There's http://www.facepunch.com/misc.php?do=bbcode , but I don't know how up to date that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #501
    October 2010
    2,100 Posts
    There's http://www.facepunch.com/misc.php?do=bbcode , but I don't know how up to date that is.
    You can also use the "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" setting in your general options, makes it easier to use tables and the like. But the bbcode list looks like it's changed, so it should be pretty accurate

What the hell does WYSIWYG stand for anyways?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

22. Post #502
    February 2012
    22 Posts
    You can also use the "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" setting in your general options, makes it easier to use tables and the like. But the bbcode list looks like it's changed, so it should be pretty accurate

What the hell does WYSIWYG stand for anyways?
    What you see is what you get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #503
    Equal Moderator
    April 2005
    5,297 Posts
    You rate me funny, but there's truth to my post.
    Actual screenshot of modforum business

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 12Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #504
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,542 Posts
    FP bugged out for me like 3/4 months back and I got signed in as Dragon and I could see the Mod section, was pretty weird, bit boring.

Oh hi Dragon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

25. Post #505
    February 2010
    555 Posts
    Neo Kabuto, Sumap and super-root, thanks mates!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

26. Post #506
    Equal Moderator
    April 2005
    5,297 Posts
    FP bugged out for me like 3/4 months back and I got signed in as Dragon and I could see the Mod section, was pretty weird, bit boring.

Oh hi Dragon.
    There was some glitch that would cache various pages and anyone could see them, someone sent me a bum link and posted the results around
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #507
    July 2007
    5,367 Posts
    I was told once that there are really good Chilli recipes there.
    not since BDA stepped down from being a mod :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14 (list)

28. Post #508
    weed 420 - hi mom - games r 4 nerds - i own - $WAG - *tips fedora* - do u lift?
    October 2007
    12,383 Posts
    There was some glitch that would cache various pages and anyone could see them, someone sent me a bum link and posted the results around
    BUTT likker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

29. Post #509
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,689 Posts
    you always ask questions that have been answered
    Seriously? I find that odd since I've only asked maybe 3 questions here since I've joined. You could have just answered it for me, but whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

30. Post #510
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,214 Posts
    What ever happened to the flags? they disappeared for me.
    they've been removed. I think this has been answered on nearly every page for most of this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events

32. Post #512
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,903 Posts
    hey mods, mind putting "flagdog is gone" on it's own line? people seem to miss it in the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

33. Post #513
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,223 Posts
    Any word if a better system that won't fuck over the load time will be implanted for flagdog?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #514
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,445 Posts
    Any word if a better system that won't fuck over the load time will be implanted for flagdog?
    yeah, any word on if garry is considering what I suggested?

Why not just add the option where any user can state which country he's from and show the according flag on each post?
    People could still lie about their whereabouts to troll people or chose not to disclose that info, but it's better than not having any flag icon at all IMHO.

Sort of like how it's being handled on the steam profiles I mean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

35. Post #515
    I made WAYWO a better place
    September 2011
    1,311 Posts
    Why does my OS shows up as Vista and my Browser as IE6, in some of my posts?

36. Post #516
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,260 Posts
    I thought it was just removed because of all the nation elitism going on: (EX: Oh you're from America, well that's probably why you are stupid ).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

37. Post #517
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,580 Posts
    -Never mind, it works now-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,854 Posts
    Whenever i try to rate something, i get linked back to http://www.facepunch.com/#.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Usually caused by noScirpt and/or disabled Javascirpt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

39. Post #519
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,223 Posts
    I thought it was just removed because of all the nation elitism going on: (EX: Oh you're from America, well that's probably why you are stupid ).
    I never saw any of that, I must of been in the wrong threads

40. Post #520
    weed 420 - hi mom - games r 4 nerds - i own - $WAG - *tips fedora* - do u lift?
    October 2007
    12,383 Posts
    I never saw any of that, I must of been in the wrong threads
    no you've been in the right threads..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)