1. Post #5161
    Ask me about my .gif fetish
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    That needs to be added into the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

2. Post #5162
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,770 Posts
    it would be cool if www.facepunch.com somehow redirected to just facepunch.com
    but i'm not a computer wizard so i don't even know if that's possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #5163
    Buy Some Apples
    April 2008
    8,892 Posts
    Any plans on updating the event images on the fp_events.php page to add boostar and getting rid of out-dated events?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #5164
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,254 Posts
    it would be cool if www.facepunch.com somehow redirected to just facepunch.com
    but i'm not a computer wizard so i don't even know if that's possible.
    why would it need to, doesn't going to any thread at www.facepunch.com redirect to facepunch.com?

or is it just logging in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

5. Post #5165
    There's two strange users that are having posts with two broken images.

http://facepunch.com/threads/1179408...1#post35977886
    There's one of them, the other guy's username is "Mokol" but I can't seem to find the posts he made again, all four of them.

I'd investigate the links to said broken images but every time I try, WOT freaks out and says it's an untrusted site so I'd rather keep myself safe.

I'm posting this because I'm curious to know if anyone knows what the hell they're doing.
    And so the mods can see it, in case it's something rule-breaking.

Edit: Found the other's.
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1184287...=#post35976496
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #5166
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,733 Posts
    There's two strange users that are having posts with two broken images.

http://facepunch.com/threads/1179408...1#post35977886
    There's one of them, the other guy's username is "Mokol" but I can't seem to find the posts he made again, all four of them.

I'd investigate the links to said broken images but every time I try, WOT freaks out and says it's an untrusted site so I'd rather keep myself safe.

I'm posting this because I'm curious to know if anyone knows what the hell they're doing.
    And so the mods can see it, in case it's something rule-breaking.
    I'm not sure, the img you gave us the link to appears to be linking to some site that links through. With a button that says "Click here to go to the image". I'm guessing it's like adfly or something, but I can't be sure since I've got adblocker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #5167
    Blue Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,976 Posts
    They're referral link spammers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #5168
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,871 Posts
    They're referral link spammers.
    Something like that. I think they are trying to achieve hits by placing links in IMG tags.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #5169
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,362 Posts
    Is anybody else getting cloudflare errors?
    Like not down stuff, but just a triangle and "An error has occurred."?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #5170
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    I know superimposed image macros are bannable but what about posting faces and stuff like this?
    All of my feels.

Run your fingernail across the rigid edge of a jewel case.
    Another question, are memes like that bannable too? "that feel when" shit like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

11. Post #5171
    August 2009
    4,176 Posts
    welp time to close it....
    facepunch will improve ten fold if you do so

Edited:

no
    TWELVE fold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #5172
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,362 Posts
    facepunch will improve ten fold if you do so

Edited:

no
    TWELVE fold
    no.
    all the "terrible posters" (most of which aren't really that terrible, they just want to look at some entertaining pictures) will just flood out into all the other threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #5173
    Buy Some Apples
    April 2008
    8,892 Posts
    no.
    all the "terrible posters" (most of which aren't really that terrible, they just want to look at some entertaining pictures) will just flood out into all the other threads.
    so what? as long as they dont post memes everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #5174
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,639 Posts
    no.
    ok and? If they act like idiots they get banned. We do have moderators you know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 2 (list)

15. Post #5175
    June 2009
    3,288 Posts
    no.
    I'm tired of people saying this. Listen to Postal. He is better than Craptasket, you know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Zing Zing x 4Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #5176
    Seriously, why do none of my images work with transparency. I make it trans, have saved it in PNG and it comes out white on facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #5177
    Buy Some Apples
    April 2008
    8,892 Posts
    Seriously, why do none of my images work with transparency. I make it trans, have saved it in PNG and it comes out white on facepunch.
    Are you talking about avatars or just in posts?
    Because if it's for an avatar it needs to be 80x80 pixels or less or the transparency will be lost upon resizing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

18. Post #5178
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,108 Posts
    I'm tired of people saying this. Listen to Postal. He is better than Craptasket, you know.
    marginally
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

19. Post #5179
    Are you talking about avatars or just in posts?
    Because if it's for an avatar it needs to be 80x80 pixels or less or the transparency will be lost upon resizing.
    Sorry but I am a photoshop failure, how do I reduce the amount of pixels?

Edit: Never mind I just figured out what the fuck a pixel was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #5180
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,084 Posts
    Is everyone getting random 404 errors for Facepunch? Everything breaks for me all of a sudden but refreshing fixes it for a bit. Is there a reason for this? nevermind

Also, am I allowed to bump this thread and not get banned? I updated the op a bit and I think it would be a good cause.

And if you guys are feeling extra nice, can someone rename the thread to "The Legendary Thread Archive"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #5181
    March 2012
    4,362 Posts
    Is everyone getting random 404 errors for Facepunch? Everything breaks for me all of a sudden but refreshing fixes it for a bit. Is there a reason for this?

Also, am I allowed to bump this thread and not get banned? I updated the op a bit and I think it would be a good cause.

And if you guys are feeling extra nice, can someone rename the thread to "The Legendary Thread Archive"?
    I keep on getting 500 server errors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events

22. Post #5182
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,259 Posts
    Is everyone getting random 404 errors for Facepunch? Everything breaks for me all of a sudden but refreshing fixes it for a bit. Is there a reason for this? nevermind

Oh thank you, I have been looking for so many of those threads.

23. Post #5183
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts

FACEPUNCH WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY RAM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 8Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #5184
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,382 Posts

Happened to me on chrome
    but not firefox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #5185
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,848 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #5186
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,108 Posts
    down to every square mile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #5187
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,259 Posts
    Minnesota Chat thread was the original, and best. The rest are impostors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #5188
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,966 Posts
    are nsfw avatars still bannable

29. Post #5189
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,108 Posts
    yup

30. Post #5190
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,966 Posts
    aw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 26Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #5191
    Ask me about my .gif fetish
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    Just wait until the UK starts doing that as well. One thread for each on this list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...United_Kingdom

I'm just finishing up the OP for the Bristol chat thread V1: BANK$Y edition and I'm assisting with the Somerset chat thread V1: Drink up thee zider young un
    All five of us from the south-west will soon have somewhere to chat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #5192
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,605 Posts
    Just wait until the UK starts doing that as well. One thread for each on this list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...United_Kingdom

I'm just finishing up the OP for the Bristol chat thread V1: BANK$Y edition and I'm assisting with the Somerset chat thread V1: Drink up thee zider young un
    All five of us from the south-west will soon have somewhere to chat
    I can see it now:
    "Oxfordshire Chat Thread: Toffees for the toffee god!"

Not the best of ideas to have, but there you are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

33. Post #5193
    February 2011
    599 Posts

seriously stop using chrome pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 44Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #5194
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,744 Posts
    Does anyone have the Ratings Flowchart listing every alternate use for ratings?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #5195
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,633 Posts
    So that's the Americans reaction to us making our own language chat threads, I should probably have known that by now. I actually thought it as a joke like the Norway thread. Why can't someone just make one English/US chat thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

36. Post #5196
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,440 Posts
    I can see it now:
    "Oxfordshire Chat Thread: Toffees for the toffee god!"

Not the best of ideas to have, but there you are.
    i don't get it

unless you're trying to joke about toffs and not toffees..?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #5197
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    why can't you just enjoy things autumn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #5198
    February 2011
    599 Posts
    why can't you just enjoy things autumn
    what do you think being a mod means

[SUP][SUB][SUP][SUB][SUP][SUB]no fun allowed[/SUB][/SUP][/SUB][/SUP][/SUB][/SUP]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #5199
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,437 Posts
    I know superimposed image macros are bannable but what about posting faces and stuff like this?

Another question, are memes like that bannable too? "that feel when" shit like that.
    First ask yourself
    Are memes bannable

Edited:

Also holy balls can somebody make this section not shit
    http://www.facepunch.com/forums/15
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #5200
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    what do you think being a mod means

[SUP][SUB][SUP][SUB][SUP][SUB]no fun allowed[/SUB][/SUP][/SUB][/SUP][/SUB][/SUP]
    that's modism dude and I do not support such persecution
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)