1. Post #2001
    You must be new here
    so could you tell me any other reason ign would post something like that then? instead of saying subtly insulting shit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2002
    June 2011
    8,715 Posts
    IGN has literally nothing to gain from a random twitter post hinting at HL3, they didn't link to an article, they didn't even link to some youtube video on their YT page, it was just a quote, they gain nothing from it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #2003
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,253 Posts
    To add to atlas, since dota2 is going to be f2p i'm pretty sure once the remaining "big" heroes are released the game will be released, the other smaller heroes trundling along afterwards. That could be by the end of may, or start of June.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #2004
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,174 Posts
    IGN has literally nothing to gain from a random twitter post hinting at HL3, they didn't link to an article, they didn't even link to some youtube video on their YT page, it was just a quote, they gain nothing from it.
    More traffic on their twitter user which most likely means more followers, which is always good.

I remain a skeptic for now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #2005
    How was HL2 announced? Was it at an E3 or did they do an ARG?
    They posted this tease in Edge magazine;

No text or images or anything, just that. See how it makes a 2 with the shadow? One month later they officially announced it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic x 23Agree x 2Winner x 2Informative x 1Disagree x 1Dumb x 1Late x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #2006

September 2011
    131 Posts
    I remember some of the first screenshots released were actually orange developer textured maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #2007
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,187 Posts
    I saw 72 new posts this morning, you guys gave me a fucking heart attack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #2008
    Joz
    September 2009
    2,298 Posts
    I saw 72 new posts this morning, you guys gave me a fucking heart attack.
    If Valve would announce HL3, there would be over 720 new posts.

Per hour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 46Late Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #2009
    November 2008
    1,123 Posts
    So, has anyone tried emailing Valve and asking them what's up with the IGN tweet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2010
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    What are the chances that HL3 will have Kinect support?

EDIT: Not that I WANT Kinect support, I just wonder if it will have it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

11. Post #2011
    October 2009
    830 Posts
    From Garry's twitter:

Garry posted:
    Good News - Valve got HL3 working! http://orange.half-life3.com/apache2-default/
    It's an official subset of the HL2 Orange box website, so i have no fucking idea what to think - has this been around forever or am I missing something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2012

December 2007
    150 Posts
    So, has anyone tried emailing Valve and asking them what's up with the IGN tweet?
    It's just a tweet... It doesn't mean anything!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

13. Post #2013
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,831 Posts
    Fairly recently discovered url.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2014
    November 2008
    1,123 Posts
    It's just a tweet... It doesn't mean anything!
    Then it wouldn't hurt to ask, right? If it really does mean nothing, then they'll simply tell us that, and we can all go back to grasping at straws.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #2015
    April 2011
    266 Posts
    www.half-life3.com was registered by valve in 1999
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Zing x 7Informative x 3Winner x 2Funny x 1Useful x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2016
    December 2009
    2,572 Posts
    Im just wondering, but has Valve ever had a time where no games where in development?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #2017
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,471 Posts
    So this resolves as well, http://black.half-life3.com/apache2-default/ bring on the Black Box
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

18. Post #2018
    The Pain Train's a-comin! Woo woo!
    August 2010
    1,136 Posts
    So this resolves as well, http://black.half-life3.com/apache2-default/ bring on the Black Box

There you go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events Useful x 13Funny x 7Zing x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #2019
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,593 Posts
    CS:GO and Dota 2 are being released this year, by time E3 happens CS:GO might even be only a few weeks from release, they've got to announce a new game at some point.
    CS:GO isn't being developed by valve though. Far as we know Dota 2 is their big project and is being worked on pretty much studio wide. Which is a shame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

20. Post #2020
    March 2010
    2,435 Posts
    CS:GO isn't being developed by valve though. Far as we know Dota 2 is their big project and is being worked on pretty much studio wide. Which is a shame.
    Valve are working on CS:GO there's just some guys from Hidden Path joining in as well. There are 200+ employees at Valve and I highly doubt more than 50 are working on Dota 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2021
    "If something happens, be assured it was planned this way"
    April 2010
    1,970 Posts
    I want to believe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

22. Post #2022

December 2007
    150 Posts
    here I asked them:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 27Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #2023
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,545 Posts
    here I asked them:
    Full stop at the start of a sentence?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

24. Post #2024
    June 2010
    6,256 Posts
    Isn't DOTA2 mainly something they assist the original creators with (which they've hired by now)? Something about making their vision come true with the resources Valve can provide or something, and learning from them about MOBA gamedesign and in greater depth about the competitive eSports scene (info they want to use on CS:GO where they also work closely together with Pros)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

25. Post #2025
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,877 Posts
    here I asked them:
    this is like, the worst photoshop I've ever seen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #2026
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,831 Posts
    Full stop at the start of a sentence?
    Some languages are read right to left, so lines will start from the right. When translated they're often still stuck to the right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #2027
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    912 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #2028
    November 2011
    1,182 Posts
    300 mb update on HL2 EP2, real or fake? a friend told me that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

29. Post #2029
    I really hope it's real, like the Portal update, changing the ending a bit - but it's probably fake. I see nothing on the newsfeed about anything like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #2030
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,435 Posts
    There is no update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

31. Post #2031
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

32. Post #2032
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,758 Posts
    Confirmed fake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

33. Post #2033
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Retcon Eli back to life!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 26Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #2034
    April 2007
    259 Posts
    GIVE ME HALF LIFE 3 GABEN

I HAVE FED YOU MY DAUGHTERS FOR LONG ENOUGH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

35. Post #2035
    June 2010
    6,256 Posts
    Retcon Eli back to life!!!
    If it would benefit the plot more than him staying dead, I'm sure they'd actually do that.

But yeah he's got a lot of character strings attached to him, so "ripping him out" is a very effective and reasonable method of setting the tone for the supposedly darker and more horrifying sequel.
    I'm kinda concerned what an effect it'll have on Alyx as a character tho. In Episode 2 she was kinda there, but mainly just support to guide Gordon a bit. In Episode 1 she got a significant emotional development scene after the scary train ride, and in Episode 2 she had to overcome her new fear of Hunters. Now her family's dead and she'll probably have to be the one to tell it Judith of all people.
    Hope they don't make her snap in Episode 3, I think she's more useful for adding a human element to the scene without drawing all that much attention to her personal character arc. But it does seem like it's all leading up to something.

What do you guys think could/should/shouldn't happen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

36. Post #2036
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,950 Posts
    Oh, I will just be happy to see how wrong lotusking is.

Edited:

Valve won't hire a private booth to show Ep3, they will do it on public.
    Yeah because Valve has always been ones for big public announcements. HL2 was first shown in a private booth at E3, press only. It was also announced with this image.

Portal 2 was announced unexpectedly.

Yeah, I trust that Valve will definitely come out and say "yep ep3 be happy"!

Seriously, don't be daft. I'm 90% certain there's gonna be a Half Life announcement this E3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 7 (list)

37. Post #2037
    www.half-life3.com was registered by valve in 1999
    I guess it's time to burst your bubble..
       Registrant:
    Valve Corporation
    ATTN HALF-LIFE3.COM
    care of Network Solutions
    PO Box 459
    Drums, PA. US 18222 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #2038
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,950 Posts
    If it would benefit the plot more than him staying dead, I'm sure they'd actually do that.

But yeah he's got a lot of character strings attached to him, so "ripping him out" is a very effective and reasonable method of setting the tone for the supposedly darker and more horrifying sequel.
    I'm kinda concerned what an effect it'll have on Alyx as a character tho. In Episode 2 she was kinda there, but mainly just support to guide Gordon a bit. In Episode 1 she got a significant emotional development scene after the scary train ride, and in Episode 2 she had to overcome her new fear of Hunters. Now her family's dead and she'll probably have to be the one to tell it Judith of all people.
    Hope they don't make her snap in Episode 3, I think she's more useful for adding a human element to the scene without drawing all that much attention to her personal character arc. But it does seem like it's all leading up to something.

What do you guys think could/should/shouldn't happen?

I hope she gets mega-pissed at the combine and does some cool as melee combat near the end with like a hunter or advisor or some shit, and just beats the shit out of it, possibly dying in the heat of it, but smiles at Gordon and says "Good luck Freeman, you're gonna need it".

She later comes back as an advisor and you use her as a method of transport!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 16Artistic x 4Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #2039
    June 2010
    6,256 Posts
    I hope she gets mega-pissed at the combine and does some cool as melee combat near the end with like a hunter or advisor or some shit, and just beats the shit out of it, possibly dying in the heat of it, but smiles at Gordon and says "Good luck Freeman, you're gonna need it".

She later comes back as an advisor and you use her as a method of transport!
    Right, thanks for reminding me where I'm posting here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #2040
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,097 Posts
    Can I ask why people are all crying about whether it's 'Ep 3' or 'HL3'?

It hardly makes a difference to potential length (five years and they wouldn't dare give us anything shorter than HL2) or potential plot (we already know this is the last part of the Gordon/Alyx/Combine part of the series).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)