1. Post #2761
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,813 Posts
    Personally i'd still like to see a game with multiple Gordons from multiple universes, playing in different campaigns, like Gordon Prime (our Gordon) discovers some powerful multiverse access device within the Borealis, and when it activates he's able to "commandeer" the alternate Gordons in their respective settings, like Ivan the Space Biker in the Space Biker setting, Sir Gordon Fremaine in the Crowblade setting (basically medieval Half-Life with Gordon as a knight of sorts), and suchlike. The plot could be assembling an extradimensional army of Gordons to assault the Overworld and shut down the Combine for good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2762
    But magnesium is a great element, why would they kill it?

My money would have to be on either Barney or Mossman, though.
    oh wait fuck you I just realized the typo

Edited:

Personally i'd still like to see a game with multiple Gordons from multiple universes, playing in different campaigns, like Gordon Prime (our Gordon) discovers some powerful multiverse access device within the Borealis, and when it activates he's able to "commandeer" the alternate Gordons in their respective settings, like Ivan the Space Biker in the Space Biker setting, Sir Gordon Fremaine in the Crowblade setting (basically medieval Half-Life with Gordon as a knight of sorts), and suchlike. The plot could be assembling an extradimensional army of Gordons to assault the Overworld and shut down the Combine for good.
    Jorgon Freemaine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

3. Post #2763
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,917 Posts
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrCABTpZUk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

4. Post #2764
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,482 Posts
    I just also want to see a new engine, Valve's source engine is extremely old, and dates back to the 90s technically because it is based off Quake's code. Honestly 7 or so years in the making you would expect a new engine.
    You can guarentee it will be source do to compatibility issues if it wern't, besides source isn't so bad. We have lots of new technologie in it only its spread across games. A.I director, Scaleform, Vscripts, Cloth simulation, Integrated EXTREMELY easy to use map maker, Mac support, Upcoming linux support, Steamworks integrated, upcoming Sixense support, A.I based on bots, cross-platform and others that don't come to mind. I can guarentee you you will see most of these in half-life 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2765
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    You can guarentee it will be source do to compatibility issues if it wern't, besides source isn't so bad. We have lots of new technologie in it only its spread across games. A.I director, Scaleform, Vscripts, Cloth simulation, Integrated EXTREMELY easy to use map maker, Mac support, Upcoming linux support, Steamworks integrated, upcoming Sixense support, A.I based on bots, cross-platform and others that don't come to mind. I can guarentee you you will see most of these in half-life 3.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2576354

Number 8

This was like 2 posts down from his, how did you miss it...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

6. Post #2766
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Integrated EXTREMELY easy to use map maker
    I really doubt even Valve could make one that's as simple for a Half-Life game, unless some things really change about the game's setting. It works really well in Portal, since test chambers are naturally blocky and not really detailed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

7. Post #2767
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    What if Episode 3 has been done for a long time and Valve is just waiting for us to discover the ARG that they have set up and we still haven't done it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Zing Zing x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #2768
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    What if Episode 3 has been done for a long time and Valve is just waiting for us to discover the ARG that they have set up and we still haven't done it?
    Then i'll kick a cat and punch a dog.

(not a d0g)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #2769
    watch

it's incredibly obvious and we've been looking at completely different things out of paranoid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #2770
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,482 Posts
    I really doubt even Valve could make one that's as simple for a Half-Life game, unless some things really change about the game's setting. It works really well in Portal, since test chambers are naturally blocky and not really detailed.
    It might work if we get a bit of hammer and a bit of in-game editor in the sense that we, for example, select 3 guards and group them they are a squad, we select the squad as point a and set another place as point b, we add a timer in the section so that when the player passes it the guards come from a to b. We could have them play animations that time with the timer, and determine the wall textures that surround the player. It could work, if the in-game editor, as I said above, has significant improvements and somewhat merges with hammer (While having a stand alone hammer of course.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #2771
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    If half life 3 was announced and released today, what would you REALISTICALLY do.
    Cry due to my mother using all of my money to buy food and my internet so bad it would take 3 weeks to download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #2772
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    Cry due to my mother using all of my money to buy food and my internet so bad it would take 3 weeks to download.

Yeah, your mom really is a fatass and i use your intertnet, good stuff.

(User was banned for this post ("Last warning, knock it off with the awful shit posts." - postal))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 27Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #2773
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,482 Posts
    Anyone think HL3 will use file streaming for its maps to Reduce load times?

Yeah, your mom really is a fatass and i use your intertnet, good stuff.
    Thanks for the quality post.

Also, get a dog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

14. Post #2774
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    Anyone think HL3 will use file streaming for its maps to Reduce load times?

Thanks for the quality post.

Also, get a dog.
    I would but your not the
    Dog guy, copycat.

And what are your thoughts on a talking gordon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #2775
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,938 Posts
    So, is this "Half Life 3 general discussion V2" or "Flaming other users V2"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #2776
    July 2009
    6,056 Posts
    I would but your not the
    Dog guy, copycat.

And what are your thoughts on a talking gordon?
    What the fuck are you saying?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

17. Post #2777
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    This other guy always said "get a dog" whenever someone flamed, so this guy copied him..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

18. Post #2778
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    dog must you! the copycat when
    the doing stop!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #2779
    October 2007
    1,250 Posts
    this thread shit went
    full is of spam people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #2780
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    Answer my previous question then , what are your current thoughts on voice acted gordon freeman?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

21. Post #2781
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    goran can't speak therfor he has no voic acter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #2782
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    Morgan Freeman; naturally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2783
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,799 Posts
    If Morgan Freeman voiced Gordan Freeman.

Just seeing something similar to this at the end of EP3 of Gordan, or another important character would be specatular.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #2784
    November 2008
    1,127 Posts
    All Valve would need to do is make a new account on a popular forum (like here) and say something like "Oh, look what I found!"

Bam, ARG started.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #2785
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    All Valve would need to do is make a new account on a popular forum (like here) and say something like "Oh, look what I found!"

Bam, ARG started.
    What if they're waiting for us to find it ourselves though, and they don't WANT to be like "Hey look what I found."

26. Post #2786
    March 2010
    1,807 Posts

Number 8

Those magnusson animations don't really look valve quality.

27. Post #2787
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,799 Posts
    Probably because they would still be WIP. They still look damn good though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2788
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    If Morgan Freeman voiced Gordan Freeman.

Just seeing something similar to this at the end of EP3 of Gordan, or another important character would be specatular.

...But I'm British!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 34Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #2789

Number 8

Source 2 was probably just an iteration (internal naming scheme) and since it talks about debugging and performance I assume that this was for the Portal 2 branch, since they added Vprof and made it work a ton better on the PS3

AKA, Portal 2 = Source2(internally)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2790
    June 2009
    3,288 Posts
    I just want an AR3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #2791
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts

...But I'm British!
    I got this and pretty much went "What the fuck, seriously bbc?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #2792
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,336 Posts
    I don't think this has been posted yet, after-credits Half-Life segment in this week's Zero Punctuation. Starts at 5:35. I thought it was pretty nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #2793
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,622 Posts
    I just want an AR3.
    Just go to the city, the place is riddled with them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 9Zing Zing x 2 (list)

34. Post #2794
    June 2010
    6,315 Posts
    Someone else is going to die.
    That actually made me think. Eli's death was well-written because it wasn't just there to create drama or set the tone, it was a highly effective way of advancing the narrative of both characters (Kleiner, Alyx, Mossman) and plot (Resistance falling apart, somebody having to take his place?). What other character *could* they kill to achieve a similar effect? It would need to be a character with plenty of connections to other characters and a player, and one that isn't mostly comedy relief.

I think Vortigaunts are a prime target. We're building up to the finale, so I can see this species, that seems to know more about the things "behind the curtain" involving the G-Man, getting more important. They also pissed off the G-Man that, after Alyx' delivery to White Forest to relay his message, will want Freeman back like at the end of the original. We got a fair bit of characterization of different Vortigaunts throughout the game, both in the original and in Episode 2, so killing them would also emotionally correspond with a lot of characters and the player and make us realize the size of the conflict should it escalate as a setup for HL3.

Certainly makes sense from a Combine perspective to kill off humanity's allies with an access to the vortessence. Not sure how they'd do it, if anyone we know is an expert at this, they are it. Maybe they will even hire one of G-Man's other mercenaries and that's how we'll get a peek behind the curtain.
    Also makes sense from a narrative to freshen up the "Liberating Earth" mission. The Vorts helped humanity reclaiming their homeworld. Would only make sense if we now help protect theirs. We might even get a travel to the Vortigaunt homeworld with this suggested conflict and the possible Borealis technology.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #2795
    July 2007
    345 Posts
    Maybe they will even hire one of G-Man's other mercenaries and that's how we'll get a peek behind the curtain.
    That'd be really cool to fight an alien race's "version" of Gordon. It'd be a good chance to add some challenging enemies to the game. Challenging in the way of the female assassins in HL1 rather than the challenge of Striders or Antlion Queens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #2796
    September 2010
    446 Posts
    I got this and pretty much went "What the fuck, seriously bbc?"

Me too, i'm british aswell. What the fuck is going on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #2797
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,799 Posts
    What the fuck...

Hopefully this video works for all the British, unless you haven't googled it already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

38. Post #2798
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2008
    1,742 Posts
    I'm hoping in the next installment (whether Half-life 2:Episode 3 or a new Half-life altogether) for a return of some more of the original half-life's creatures. Since the Citadel's destruction and scattering of Combine infantry forces, maybe we'll be seeing more Xen-related creatures since we're now roaming the wilderness far outside City 17. Houndeyes, bullsquids, (and maybe even some Hl beta creatures), as well as maybe even a Gargantua or Gonarch.

Hopefully Valve adds plenty more substance to the next Half-life game

p.s. more synths and different types of antlions are cool too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

39. Post #2799
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,799 Posts
    It would be pretty neat to see some of the Aliens, but not all of them though. The Gonarch is suppository a very rare specimen. Infact it's probably the last stage of the headcrab life span, which probably takes years to get to considering the life span of the average headcrab on Earth. It would be extremely hard for it to develop into a big mama.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #2800
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,896 Posts
    I think Mossman will be the next to go.
    I hope she's the next to go. I still don't trust her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)