1. Post #4441
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,726 Posts
    I'm pretty sure she's not in the right emotional state for doing at present moment.

I mean, Christ, she's been    mourning over her father's dead body    for nearly five years now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 25Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #4442
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    912 Posts
    I mean, Christ, she's been    mourning over her father's dead body    for nearly five years now.
       Nihilanth dies at the end of Half-Life.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 25Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #4443
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,726 Posts
       Done...what have you done...   

Speaking of when it's done, I am genuinely curious if we will ever get to see/learn more about his race.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4444
    April 2011
    2,652 Posts
    Actually, something makes me think that's not the case. I've interpreted him as some kind of omnipresent/omniscient being that doesn't actually have a true physical form, but is capable of taking one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4445
    July 2009
    549 Posts
    I have had a MASSIVE idea for an episode 3 possibility for years now. However, it is so radically different from everything we have seen, that it really isn't an episode 3 possibility. I mean this because it has things in it from different medias such as lightsabers and psychic powers. But don't let this turn you off. I added these things and ideas into the HL2 universe in a very plausible way that makes sense given the games universe context. It's called the Life of John, based on a comic series I created in GMOD, that tells the story of a bartender in a tiny island who goes on to become the savior of the planet due to him having near god-like powers. It is set in 2018, three years after the events of EP2, in an altered timeline. It's extremely big, and would take a trilogy to tell the entire tale. So if you guys like to hear it all so far, just ask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Optimistic Optimistic x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #4446
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,488 Posts
    Actually, something makes me think that's not the case. I've interpreted him as some kind of omnipresent/omniscient being that doesn't actually have a true physical form, but is capable of taking one.
    Nah, the Nihilanth wasn't that powerful. It was just a telepathic being that was enslaved by the combine. I think we will be going back to Xen to destroy the border world and prevent anymore combine from coming through. That's why they were headed to the Borealis, to use Aperture's portal technology. In the end the G-man will actually be the sentient-fungi cloud from the leaked concept art.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #4447

July 2012
    2 Posts
    Try it it is good

(User was permabanned for this post ("Advertising" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #4448
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,488 Posts
    ಠ_ಠ

(User was banned for this post ("Quoting spam / meme face" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #4449
    wat

(User was banned for this post ("Quoting spam" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #4450
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,854 Posts
    Future Army Gamers...

F.A.G!

(User was banned for this post ("Quoting spam" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #4451
    April 2011
    5,479 Posts
    Lets just report it instead of quoting it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #4452
    January 2012
    872 Posts
    It's called the Life of John
    John Freeman?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #4453
    July 2009
    549 Posts
    John Freeman?
    John Walker. He has nothing to do with Gordon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #4454
    October 2007
    1,250 Posts
    I have had a MASSIVE idea for an episode 3 possibility for years now. However, it is so radically different from everything we have seen, that it really isn't an episode 3 possibility. I mean this because it has things in it from different medias such as lightsabers and psychic powers. But don't let this turn you off. I added these things and ideas into the HL2 universe in a very plausible way that makes sense given the games universe context. It's called the Life of John, based on a comic series I created in GMOD, that tells the story of a bartender in a tiny island who goes on to become the savior of the planet due to him having near god-like powers. It is set in 2018, three years after the events of EP2, in an altered timeline. It's extremely big, and would take a trilogy to tell the entire tale. So if you guys like to hear it all so far, just ask.
    kickstart that shit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4455
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,370 Posts
    John Freeman?
    Oh god a Full life consequences mod.

That would be amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

16. Post #4456
    July 2009
    549 Posts
    The story starts with a recap of HL2 and its episodes. It then picks up immediately after the ending of EP2, just after Gordon passes out. A tall figure dressed in rebel clothes walks towards Alyx, whom is crying over Eli’s corpses, and quickly points a gun at her and shoots her in the shoulder, causing her to fall on the ground in pain. The man than walks over towards Gordon, whom awakens as he approaches. The man looks at Gordon and softly says: “Your employment is over.” He then grabs Gordon’s crowbar, which was laying by Gordon’s side, and proceeds to horrifically beat Gordon with it while Alyx helplessly watches. After taking several deadly blows, the man than grabs Gordon by the head and gouges out Gordon’s eyes with his thumbs before throwing Gordon’s dead body aside. He then approaches Alyx, who is trying to crawl to safety with blood pouring from her shoulder. The man takes the crowbar and bashes her leg, before beating her senseless until she is unable to move. The man tosses the crowbar aside as he watches Alyx squirm in pain. A few moments later, the man is approached by another man, a bald man with a black combine overwatch tattoo on his left eye. The two men than leave the base, and a few minutes later, the entire White Forest Base explodes into flames, killing everyone inside.
    That's simply the prelude. If you like it, I'll tell more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #4457
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    so episode 3 involves 30 seconds of gameplay?

also the first part didn't make any sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #4458
    July 2009
    549 Posts
    ?also the first part didn't make any sense
    I changed the timeline for my own preferences. This is not any gameplay this is simply the opening cinematic. It may seem confusing at first, but there is a big reason why the two men were there and what they did afterword.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #4459
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    so basically your intro is the rebels are too dumb to get the memo to evac when eli was personally gangbanged by 2 angry combine advisors and after several waves of striders beforehand, and alyx gets brutally beaten up by a combine spy instead of them just going straight to blowing the base up before everyone could even evac

god i hope valve doesnt make an intro as stupid as rebels staying around in white forest still
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

20. Post #4460
    July 2009
    6,056 Posts
    So Gordon dies, Magnusson dies, Kleiner dies, everyone else who was in White Forest dies, and Alyx is left for dead.

Gee what a great beginning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #4461
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,544 Posts
    This reminds me of my own HL3 idea I posted a while back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

22. Post #4462
    May 2011
    567 Posts
    This reminds me of my own HL3 idea I posted a while back.
    At least my ideas actually follow the storyline...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

23. Post #4463
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    I do like your story, Cornwaffle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic x 2Funny x 1Informative x 1Agree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #4464
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,370 Posts
    Oh boy, all major characters die and you instead have to play as some stereotypical douchbag.

How fucking wonderful, what marvelous idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #4465
    January 2012
    68 Posts
    I have an idea for a HL3 beginning.

First, you see flashbacks on how Eli died. It ends when it shows Alyx is crying over his dead body. After that, you see Alyx sitting at a bench in the helicopter from the end of EP2, Then she says, "Gordon... Gordon, snap out of it! You're staring at me again. *chuckles* " (Reference from HL2 unused sounds.) Then the pilot (Unknown, Maybe Barney) says, "Are you ready, guys?" Alyx says, "Yeah, lets go."

What do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #4466
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,370 Posts

First, you see flashbacks on how Eli died. It ends when it shows Alyx is crying over his dead body. After that, you see Alyx sitting at a bench in the helicopter from the end of EP2, Then she says, "Gordon... Gordon, snap out of it! You're staring at me again. *chuckles* " (Reference from HL2 unused sounds.) Then the pilot (Unknown, Maybe Barney) says, "Are you ready, guys?" Alyx says, "Yeah, lets go."

What do you guys think?
    I imagine she'd be rather pissed off/depressed after her fathers death and I don't think she'd be chuckling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #4467
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,418 Posts
    That scene seems very forced to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

28. Post #4468
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,289 Posts
    Alyx is left for dead.

I can see the beginning already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #4469
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,322 Posts

What do you guys think?
    It was all a dream?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

30. Post #4470
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts

What do you guys think?
    I know after i have a loved one get brutally murdered in front of me, i enjoy getting right back to work happy as a kitten and chuckling all about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #4471
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,800 Posts
    I could also fly a helicopter while sobbing uncontrollably the whole way, probably Alyx crashed the helicopter in the Concept art.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #4472
    January 2012
    68 Posts
    I'm looking back at my beginning, and I do agree it's kinda forced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #4473
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,726 Posts
    and Alyx is left for dead.
    She becomes a special infected?

We're not getting L4D3 or HL3. We're getting a crossover.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #4474
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,724 Posts
    I don't think we have good enough rebels. We have.. four (i think) voices and the faces of rebels are quite outdated.

I would like to hear some different accents on the rebels. It is odd to hear all Americans in eastern Europe even when we take into account the relocations of citizens. Furthermore it would be interesting to see how the faces of the tf2 characters could be snuck into the game alongside rebel faces(but keeping the hl2 artstyle of course).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

35. Post #4475
    I just hope Gordon will be the pilot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

36. Post #4476
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,289 Posts
    I just hope Gordon will be the pilot.
    I think if Gordon isn't the pilot, they can implement some sort of defensive sequence to that helicopter-to-icy-pole scene in which the player (Gordon) have to defend the helicopter against The Combine, which will appear not too long after taking off from The White Forest.

Would be cool if done right, in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #4477
    February 2012
    90 Posts
    I've been patiently waiting for Half-Life 2 Episode 3 to come out, and don't get me wrong, I still am.. But man, would it be great to get to play this game sometime soon, get some full on media happening, a release date, something? You know?

Just played from HL1-Ep2 and now I'm sad I have nothing to continue on with   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #4478
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    3,770 Posts
    snip I'm an idiot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #4479
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,544 Posts
    HL1-Ep2?

wat
    He played the whole Half-Life series, starting with Half-Life and ending with Episode Two.

how can this be unclear to you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #4480
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    I think if Gordon isn't the pilot, they can implement some sort of defensive sequence to that helicopter-to-icy-pole scene in which the player (Gordon) have to defend the helicopter against The Combine, which will appear not too long after taking off from The White Forest.

Would be cool if done right, in my opinion.
    I don't think Valve is going to have a turret sequence, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events