1. Post #7641
    July 2009
    6,020 Posts
    Maybe I should order a Freeman statue to go with my Combustible Lemon cup.

What a shitty page king.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #7642
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,308 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #7643
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,043 Posts
    Maybe I should order a Freeman statue to go with my Combustible Lemon cup.
    You want a Gordon Freeman statue to go with your cup? Seems a bit overkill just for a life size mug holder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #7644
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,731 Posts
    Wouldn't be the first time someone's stolen from Valve. They never do anything about it so people know they can just take their textures and models.

That's how nice Valve is.
    Remember that rubber duck with HL2 guns on it?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #7645
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,477 Posts
    In the Team Fortress update there was this image:

It's named crsk9.jpg, CRSK was an equip region in TF2 that has since been removed. In one of the TF2 schema updates prior to MvM this text was added:

TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_GLaDOS
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_Wheatly
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_ATLAS
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_PBody
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_CCube
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_DOG
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_RZOEY

Portal, Half-life, and Left 4 Dead references all made in one TF2 update. I believe that these references coincide with a future Valve "box" release. These references were likely TF2 cosmetic items that were related to an ARG type release. The MvM update was probably intended to be the start of such an ARG, however due to Valve's unreliable / unpredictable development process this plan was likely scrapped and MvM released on its own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 17Late Late x 4Informative Informative x 3 (list)

6. Post #7646
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    677 Posts
    Didn't we know about this a while ago?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #7647
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Didn't we know about this a while ago?
    We knew about the matchmaking text and the equipe region, but not the recipe.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was part of the MvM ARG?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #7648
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Speaking of which, anyone know when they're supposed to ship? I pre-ordered mine back in the summer on Entertainment Earth, and they said they'd come in September. It's October, and still nothing. Anyone know how much longer I might have to wait?
    They were supposed to show up on the 17th, but I got emailed this on the 14th:

Thank you for your recent Play.com order for Valve Half Life Gordon Freeman 7 inch Scale Figure

We have recently been informed by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 21-Sep-2012. We have updated this information on site and will endeavour to process your order in readiness to arrive with you on the release date.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.
    Followed swiftly by this on the 15th:
    Thank you for your recent Play.com order for Valve Half Life Gordon Freeman 7 inch Scale Figure

We have recently been informed by the manufacturer of this product that the release date has been changed to 19-Oct-2012. We have updated this information on site and will endeavour to process your order in readiness to arrive with you on the release date.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.
    I assume your retailer is having the same issues, but hasn't bothered to tell you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #7649
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,358 Posts
    Now watch as everyone hopelessly scours for more information they think will lead to an ARG that doesn't exist, only for them to find jack shit then become disappointed again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #7650
    July 2012
    3,565 Posts
    Alyx: Now let me call Dog. He loves to play fetch.

Alyx: Dog! Come!

Gordon: Uh, what's that big thing barreling towards us? Oh shit. Oh shit! OH SHIT!

Alyx: Gordon, this is Dog. My dad built him to protect me when I was a kid.

Gordon: THIS is "Dog?!" This isn't a "dog," it's a f*cking gorilla!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative x 9Funny x 8Dumb x 4Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #7651
    May 2008
    4,740 Posts
    In the Team Fortress update there was this image:

It's named crsk9.jpg, CRSK was an equip region in TF2 that has since been removed. In one of the TF2 schema updates prior to MvM this text was added:

TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_GLaDOS
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_Wheatly
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_ATLAS
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_PBody
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_CCube
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_DOG
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_RZOEY

Portal, Half-life, and Left 4 Dead references all made in one TF2 update. I believe that these references coincide with a future Valve "box" release. These references were likely TF2 cosmetic items that were related to an ARG type release. The MvM update was probably intended to be the start of such an ARG, however due to Valve's unreliable / unpredictable development process this plan was likely scrapped and MvM released on its own.
    There were more strings such as:
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_TFH
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_VICI
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_EpsilonPyro
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_EpsilonEngi
    TF_Matchmaking_TOBOR_CRSK_PJoe

It's very likely a thing that used to be in MVM, but was taken out eventually, and towards a later part of the development. Why they would use CRSK in the arg, it doesn't seem to have any reason other than a reference.
    Could also be something that's still in the game but all connections to "CRSK" are gone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #7652

December 2007
    150 Posts
    Everything fits right now...
    Back in August Valve had HL3 in the list of games they will show at "gamescom" but they changed it in the last moment, and the gamescom was in the exact day of the MVM update... I think there was meant to be an ARG but it was cancelled at the last moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #7653
    May 2010
    2,379 Posts
    I just tought of something while playing hl2 again. In the beginning of the game you are walking around the city before getting your HEV suit. What clothes is gordon wearing? Is he wearing blue citizen clothes just like everybody else? If so how did he change clothes. Is he wearing his lab coat from black mesa or just random clothing? But then why doesnt he look suspicious to everyone else and how did he get the random clothing? Is he naked?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Late Late x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #7654
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    I just tought of something while playing hl2 again. In the beginning of the game you are walking around the city before getting your HEV suit. What clothes is gordon wearing? Is he wearing blue citizen clothes just like everybody else? If so how did he change clothes. Is he wearing his lab coat from black mesa or just random clothing? But then why doesnt he look suspicious to everyone else and how did he get the random clothing? Is he naked?
    This came up a while ago. He's wearing a blue jumpsuit to blend in, most likely given to him by the G-man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

15. Post #7655
    May 2011
    345 Posts
    Nothing, because he is a floating camera without body
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny x 15Agree x 5Informative x 3Zing x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #7656
    March 2010
    1,775 Posts
    "Get him out of his civvies"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #7657
    July 2011
    2,290 Posts
    i still laughed when i imagined gordon strolling through city 17 in his underwear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #7658
    i still laughed when i imagined gordon strolling through city 17 in his underwear.
    more like NSFW
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Optimistic Optimistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #7659
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,931 Posts
    Gman stripped him, lightly caressed his dick, then put him in civvies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 18Optimistic x 6Agree x 2Artistic x 2Friendly x 1Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #7660
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    1,644 Posts
    the vorts had a turn with him

Edited:

as breen said he was sold to the highest bidder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

21. Post #7661
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    The first time I played through, I heard the line as "Get him out of his skivvies", and did a double take. That's a big part of why I turn the captions on now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

22. Post #7662
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,092 Posts
    Lucky Asians

Then even have things that don't exist!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Funny x 38Late x 2Winner x 2Informative x 1Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #7663
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,917 Posts
    Lucky Asians

curious to know what they put in it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

24. Post #7664
    June 2011
    2,962 Posts
    Viruses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 2Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #7665
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,902 Posts
    Lucky Asians

What is the logo of the pirate bay doing in the top right corner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 40Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #7666
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,662 Posts
    Also notice the Sierra logo, Valve haven't been with Sierra/Vivendi for years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

27. Post #7667
    November 2008
    1,125 Posts
    Sierra itself hasn't even been around for a few years now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree x 11Friendly x 5Informative x 2Late x 1Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #7668
    April 2011
    5,449 Posts
    Off topic, but whatever happened to the 'Mind fuckery in Valve games' thread?
    For a while it was a pretty popular thread, but I haven't seen head nor tail of it for a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #7669
    October 2012
    6 Posts
    Lucky Asians

Source of image, please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Poland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #7670
    July 2012
    3,565 Posts
    Dr Breen/Cave Johnson
    * Intelligent, forward-thinking individual, driven mad by dire predicament. Wears a turtleneck sweater with brown jacket.

Dr. Mossman/Caroline *coughgladoscough*
    * Presumed traitor, rival of player character, has a change of heart at the end of second game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative x 15Zing x 1Artistic x 1Funny x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #7671
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,477 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #7672
    July 2012
    3,565 Posts
    Lucky Asians

Episode Two is the third game in the Half-Life 2 story arc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb x 14Agree x 2Informative x 2Late x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #7673
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,836 Posts
    i remember when i bought half-life 2 during mid 03
    good times

Edited:

im serious i didnt use the internet back then i actually thought half-life 2 came out so i bought it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #7674
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,092 Posts
    i remember when i bought half-life 2 during mid 03
    good times

Edited:

im serious i didnt use the internet back then i actually thought half-life 2 came out so i bought it
    So, you bought the leaked version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #7675
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,836 Posts
    it was actually the cs series and hl1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #7676
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,092 Posts
    it was actually the cs series and hl1
    Oh, I thought that someone was selling bootleg CD of leak, because it happened about that time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #7677
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,836 Posts
    nah this was before the leak
    i think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

38. Post #7678
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,778 Posts
    Episode Two is the third game in the Half-Life 2 story arc.
    But then what would that make Half-Life 1?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #7679
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    1,644 Posts
    But then what would that make Half-Life 1?
    the first game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #7680
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,214 Posts
    As seen in a game where you try to destroy the world with a deadly virus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 25Winner x 4Late x 3Useful x 1Informative x 1 (list)