1. Post #3961
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    I'd be disappointed if they don't have new ones honestly. Everyone's seen every texture in HL2 like a thousand times by now, new textures for everything would be very refreshing.
    New weapons and new animations for the old weapons too, please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3962

December 2007
    150 Posts
    No, no replacing the old textures, only adding new ones.
    The textures of the game is one of the elements that makes the game special and gives the game its atmosphere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 10 (list)

3. Post #3963
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,681 Posts
    Who else would actually prefer if the textures of the next Half-Life look pretty similar to the previous ones? A drastic graphics update would be kind of jarring in my opinion.
    Look at Portal 2, CS:GO, and Dota 2. Now compare those graphics to HL2. Heck, even Ep2 looked better than HL2. Trust me, Valve improving their graphics is a good thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

4. Post #3964
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    What I'm saying is that I don't want a drastic art style change like the one from Portal 1 to Portal 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

5. Post #3965
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,687 Posts
    What I'm saying is that I don't want a drastic art style change like the one from Portal 1 to Portal 2.
    But that art style change was for the better. Portal 1's environments were so dull and boring. The Portal 2 ones were full of life and detail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

6. Post #3966
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,760 Posts
    But that art style change was for the better. Portal 1's environments were so dull and boring. The Portal 2 ones were full of life and detail.
    the thing is hl2s art style wasnt dull and boring
    to me, its one of the few sci fi games that you just find unique for its mixture of real world and sci fi elements

and i highly doubt valve would change the art style for the half-life games
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

7. Post #3967
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    Because I was lazy to shade.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Funny x 9Artistic x 4Friendly x 3Optimistic x 1Zing x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #3968
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    4,406 Posts
    Is it just me that finds it weird that they come out with a new Gordon Freeman action figure almost 5 years after the previous release of the series?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #3969
    Random guy
    March 2009
    1,914 Posts
    Is it just me that finds it weird that they come out with a new Gordon Freeman action figure almost 5 years after the previous release of the series?
    HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #3970
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,039 Posts
    Someone buy it I bet it has a key that releases Half-Life 3 without any marketing, ensuring that the game gets bad sales even though the community is strong enough to carry it but people still think that Valve is just going to get bored and release the game one day run-on sentence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #3971

March 2010
    335 Posts
    Wow the action figure is cheap! [Calculate shipping] Oh well never mid.... Its sad when the shipping is twice the cost of the product.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #3972
    Garb is the dry stuff in the corner of your eyes when you just wake up.
    May 2010
    1,875 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #3973
    Dennab
    May 2011
    564 Posts

nice nod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #3974
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,538 Posts

nice nod
    I... what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #3975
    August 2009
    960 Posts

nice nod
    Source? What? Or is that just your own photoshop?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #3976
    Source? What? Or is that just your own photoshop?
    looks like a workship item

read the url
    http://media.steampowered.com/apps/d...team_logos.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #3977
    Dennab
    May 2011
    564 Posts
    official blog
    looks like placing a lambda there was good idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Zing Zing x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #3978
    gay as h*ck
    January 2012
    2,009 Posts
    workship items for floors

nah its a team flag. they will add flags soon and you will be able to choose one.

edit:nooooooooooooooooooo ninja
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #3979
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,016 Posts
    For anyone considering a purchase of this Gordon doll, I implore you to think twice! For as you can plainly see in this image, a grievous sin has been committed by Neca: they forgot to include our hero's signature ponytail. This is an outrage and a true disservice to the character. I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3980
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    gordon doesn't have a ponytail and he never did
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 30Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #3981
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,595 Posts
    Yeah in HL2 art he has never been shown to have a ponytail, and the figurine is from HL2. Not sure about HL1 but I'm sure he didn't have one then either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3982
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,874 Posts
    He did in HL1 deathmatch, it's just that back then it was made up of like three polygons so it's kind of hard to tell at times.

Edited:

Yeah in HL2 art he has never been shown to have a ponytail, and the figurine is from HL2. Not sure about HL1 but I'm sure he didn't have one then either.
    Yeah, I suppose in the more recent art he is more clean cut, but I do remember that thing being pretty tiny. It wasn't like a pony tail that hung down his neck, it was just a little tuft on the end, and most of that art shows him from the front I'm pretty sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3983
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,367 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Zing Zing x 30Agree Agree x 6 (list)

24. Post #3984
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    For anyone considering a purchase of this Gordon doll, I implore you to think twice! For as you can plainly see in this image, a grievous sin has been committed by Neca: they forgot to include our hero's signature ponytail. This is an outrage and a true disservice to the character. I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder!
    He doesn't have one in Half Life 2, and that is a Half Life 2 figure. Unless he suddenly got that HEV version and the Manipulator in HL1 without me noticing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #3985
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,408 Posts
    He did in HL1 deathmatch, it's just that back then it was made up of like three polygons so it's kind of hard to tell at times.

Edited:

Yeah, I suppose in the more recent art he is more clean cut, but I do remember that thing being pretty tiny. It wasn't like a pony tail that hung down his neck, it was just a little tuft on the end, and most of that art shows him from the front I'm pretty sure.
    actually he didn't have it in hl1 deathmatch, but he had in in singleplayer

Edited:

/useless info
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

26. Post #3986
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,016 Posts
    actually he didn't have it in hl1 deathmatch
    Gordon's deathmatch model has his ponytail. You need to enable high quality models to see it.

He doesn't have one in Half Life 2
    I'd like to believe you, but do you have any evidence? I seem to be having trouble locating the Gordon model in the Half-Life 2 model viewer.

But on that note, you might notice that all official Half-Life 2 artwork quite conspicuously depicts Gordon from the front. Why would they go to so much trouble to hide his rear, you ask? Well, I theorize that Valve has been hiding the back of his head all this time so as to eventually include a dramatic reveal in the series' climactic moments of his long concealed ponytail which, since it's been about a decade according to the canon, has likely grown into a magnificent foot long flowing mane by now. That's right, don't hide your optimism, because it's a virtually guaranteed bet in Half-Life 3 that we'll see the glorious return of Gordon's backside and his 12-inch wonder!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 4 (list)

27. Post #3987
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,760 Posts
    Gordon's deathmatch model has his ponytail. You need to enable high quality models to see it.
    eww
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

28. Post #3988
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,874 Posts
    actually he didn't have it in hl1 deathmatch, but he had in in singleplayer

Edited:

/useless info
    Ahh, my bad, that was it. I probably thought I remembered seeing it in multiplayer because of its presence in Gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

29. Post #3989
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,910 Posts

I'd like to believe you, but do you have any evidence? I seem to be having trouble locating the Gordon model in the Half-Life 2 model viewer.

But on that note, you might notice that all official Half-Life 2 artwork quite conspicuously depicts Gordon from the front. Why would they go to so much trouble to hide his rear, you ask? Well, I theorize that Valve has been hiding the back of his head all this time so as to eventually include a dramatic reveal in the series' climactic moments of his long concealed ponytail which, since it's been about a decade according to the canon, has likely grown into a magnificent foot long flowing mane by now. That's right, don't hide your optimism, because it's a virtually guaranteed bet in Half-Life 3 that we'll see the glorious return of Gordon's backside and his 12-inch wonder!

Wasn't the HD models pack a third-party product, similar to OpForce?

In that case, the canonity is debatable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #3990
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,219 Posts
    Gordon's backside and his 12-inch wonder!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #3991
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,739 Posts
    Max, max, max...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

32. Post #3992
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,681 Posts
    The ponytail isn't canon.

"The ponytail isn't canon?!" shouted Marphy Black. "Bullshit! That twelve-footer whipped the SHIT out of the Nihilianith...Nihilist...Nihiliheideggerwhateverth efuck."

"Avast, ye malcontent Hammer Legion Member!" cackled Marc Laidlaw, bursting forth in a golden explosion of turrets and pink cookies. "Thou art full of folically challenged theories as though thou were betwixt choosing between thy butter and thy buttery spread! It is meaningless and inconsequential within the grande designs of mine worlds!"

"No!" cried Black in a fit of despair. "How can you, creator of the Half-Life story, be so certain that The One Free Man does not have The One Free Ponytail!?"

"Because," said Laidlaw with a sneering grin. "The Combine Overwiki says so." 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #3993
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    So it's not canon. Those models were made by Gearbox, not Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #3994
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,917 Posts
    Entering firstperson in the console in the original Half-Life reveals that Gordon does indeed have a ponytail in the original Half-Life game.

We never see the back of his head in HL2 art, for all we know he could still have it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

35. Post #3995
    February 2012
    146 Posts
    I've seen fans argue about some stupid things before, but at least i never saw the Trekkies and Warsies debate the canon status of a character's 5 polygon ponytail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #3996
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    But the solution is simple. The G-Man cut Gordon's ponytail off before he put him on the City 17 train so he would blend in better with the other citizens who all have short hair. The end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #3997
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    In HL, his hair seems to be much longer than HL2

Notice that his hairstyle has changed in HL2.

So I doubt that in HL2 he has a ponytail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

38. Post #3998
    April 2011
    91 Posts
    Hey, it's the 90's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #3999
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,016 Posts
    Wasn't the HD models pack a third-party product, similar to OpForce?
    I wasn't talking about the High Definition Pack. I was talking about the command "cl_himodels" which has always been in the game.

So it's not canon. Those models were made by Gearbox, not Valve.
    Every Gordon model in Half-Life 1 has a ponytail, and every last one of those models was made by Valve. However, Gearbox did retain the ponytail when they made their updated version for the PS2 port (no improved Gordon model was included in the original PC High Definition Pack).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 3 (list)

40. Post #4000
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    It kind of saddens me that valve put in commands like thirdperson into the console, but you don't get a nice gordon to look at any more :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)