1. Post #4841
    November 2010
    1,356 Posts
    In HL/OP4 demos, your view is kinda tilt a bit when strafing left/right and It would be great to have the same thing in the official games. I wonder why they removed it.
    The camera bob (i think that is how is called) was in the WON version too. For me is cool, and i enjoy of it when a GoldSrc/Source mod have it.

Maybe it was removed because it could dizzy the players when jumping platforms or running from enemies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

2. Post #4842
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    Ehhh, never had any problem with it. But I seriously like that feature because it makes you really feel like you're moving fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #4843
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,262 Posts

Not sure if this has been posted in here, but it's rather interesting and makes a lot of sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4844
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    I'd like weapon idle animations like Gordon did in HL1. He used to examine the guns, play with the snarks, rotate the ammunition drum on the revolver, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4845
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    I noticed that the idle animations played constantly on some of the weapons in HL1. As long as it isn't like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

6. Post #4846
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,012 Posts
    I noticed that the idle animations played constantly on some of the weapons in HL1. As long as it isn't like that.
    I didn't mind it. Infact I liked it.

the deagle in op4 has like 7 idle animations.

every single source game so far has none of these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #4847
    May 2009
    401 Posts
    I didn't. I found it annoying and came to the conclusion that Gordon had alzheimer's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 20Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #4848
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,688 Posts

the deagle in op4 has like 7 idle animations.

every single source game so far has none of these.
    In Counter-Strike: Source when the player has the knife out for a while he brushes his hand along the side of the blade
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11Late Late x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #4849
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,724 Posts
    but as well as idle animations for guns i would like first person view model animations for

walking
    running
    sprinting (whilst still pointing the thing forward to fire)
    strafing
    turning
    falling
    jumping
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #4850
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,329 Posts
    I think the pistol should also get a buff. In HL1 it was a very effective sidearm, but in HL2 it was only useful until you had a reliable SMG ammo supply.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

11. Post #4851
    September 2009
    1,831 Posts
    I think the pistol should also get a buff. In HL1 it was a very effective sidearm, but in HL2 it was only useful until you had a reliable SMG ammo supply.
    I always felt the SMG was less accurate than the pistol, so I used the latter to pick up remote enemies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

12. Post #4852
    HL2's pistol does a ton of damage for headshots ('Specially in MP)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

13. Post #4853
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,558 Posts
    The .357 was a faux Sniper, 100% accurate or damn near close. Aim with the suit's zoom then fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #4854
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,681 Posts
    I always felt the SMG was less accurate than the pistol, so I used the latter to pick up remote enemies.
    The HL1 pistol was great for long-distance shooting. The SMG was good for close-quarters stuff, otherwise you'd be wasting ammo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #4855
    September 2009
    1,831 Posts
    The HL1 pistol was great for long-distance shooting. The SMG was good for close-quarters stuff, otherwise you'd be wasting ammo.
    I had some problems with AR2 ammo being scarce, though, as I used it for medium range, which is the weak point of both the SMG and pistol. SMG is not accurate enough and the pistol doesn't do enough damage to repel assaults (unless you can headshot at will).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4856
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,427 Posts
    56K Warning LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Alright I'm bored so here are some images I've collected,

THESE ARE NOT Half-Life 3, Episode 3, or S.O.B. RELATED

I've just pulled them from Valve's artists blogs / webpages, so don't get your hopes up. They range in date from 2008 - 2012. I know some of these are supposed to be Alien Swarm concept art, but they do look a lot like Aperture equipment on a boat.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 24Winner Winner x 4Late Late x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4857
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    New Alien Swarm? The images with the bugs and the eggs sacks look like it, but I don't know about the rest though.

Edited:

Thumb those images, please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Funny Funny x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4858
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,760 Posts
    New Alien Swarm?

Edited:

those are concept art of the first level of alien swarm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #4859
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,427 Posts
    New Alien Swarm? The images with the bugs and the eggs sacks look like it, but I don't know about the rest though.

Edited:

Okay...

Edited:

those are concept art of the first level of alien swarm
    IDK, Alien Swarm was released in 2010 those images are dated 2011
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #4860
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,760 Posts
    thats because those concept arts were released 2011
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

21. Post #4861
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,427 Posts
    thats because those concept arts were released 2011

Maybe, but there's an Aperture logo clearly visible in this image. An they were all part of the same set.

Also those Alien Swarm images have a lot of Asian characters in them,

Guess what else has Asian characters in them?

(User was banned for this post ("Image macro" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 24Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #4862
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,760 Posts
    i hope you do realize some of those office arts are for portal 2 and the other ones are for alien swarm
    how hard is it to use common sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

23. Post #4863
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    wtf r u doing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27Zing Zing x 1 (list)

24. Post #4864
    July 2009
    5,878 Posts
    Whatever happened to that picture of a giant chicken crashing through Aperture's offices? What was that even all about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #4865
    January 2010
    993 Posts
    Went to Valve's offices today, I recognize some of those concept arts...

This:

and this:

were both in large prints hanging on the wall.

Aside from those, the only other visible concept arts on the tour were of Portal 2, Dota 2, TF2, and L4D/2.

I don't think they're from half life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4866
    April 2012
    145 Posts
    Went to Valve's offices today, I recognize some of those concept arts...

This:

and this:

were both in large prints hanging on the wall.

Aside from those, the only other visible concept arts on the tour were of Portal 2, Dota 2, TF2, and L4D/2.

I don't think they're from half life.

You went to Valve...
    Yew basterd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #4867
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,760 Posts
    first recognized this concept art from a hidden youtube profile that likes to make arg shit
    he put this weird oldies song into the vid with only that pic and a watermark on the corner of his vid, and a lot of people questioned if it was legit and everyone ending up establishing it as a fake/fanmade arg thing

but ive always wondered where the guy even got that concept art
    his account name was something like tubersonbrothers or something and that vid was posted way before portal 2 was released

i always compared that pics style to the meet the medic concept art which looks exactly the same style

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #4868
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,092 Posts
    This looks like that It's a kitchen on a ship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4869
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    it's alien swarm

literally none of those concepts are related to episode 3 if you actually read his blog and see the pictures in context you'll know this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4870
    a lot of those are/identical to CS:GO models
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4871
    November 2010
    1,356 Posts
    I liked the designs about the submarine or the seaplane. Also, i believe that the shop design is from L4D2 and the rocket launch from EP2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #4872

January 2012
    31 Posts
    first recognized this concept art from a hidden youtube profile that likes to make arg shit
    he put this weird oldies song into the vid with only that pic and a watermark on the corner of his vid, and a lot of people questioned if it was legit and everyone ending up establishing it as a fake/fanmade arg thing

but ive always wondered where the guy even got that concept art
    his account name was something like tubersonbrothers or something and that vid was posted way before portal 2 was released
    Quite a bit of seemingly legit stuff was brushed aside as fake during the ARG. What really annoyed me during the days of the ARG wasn't that per se, however, but rather just how elitist and condescending the ops were in the IRC channel. Whenever something "old" was brought up, and the person had sufficient reasoning to believe it was legit, the channel would be silenced and one of the ops would go on a spiel about how it's absolutely, 100% fake; people should use their brains; if it comes up again, people will be banned; and so forth. It got worse as the ARG went on, eventually reaching such a point that I stopped contributing.

Sorry, but running the ARG wiki gives you neither final say nor the right to act like a bunch of pompous dicks.

Super late edit:
    How many times was babel research brought up during that?
    I seldom remember what I had for breakfast by the time the clock strikes midday, let alone the finer particulars of an ARG that ended over a year ago. :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree x 3Artistic x 1Informative x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #4873
    March 2010
    1,653 Posts
    How many times was babel research brought up during that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

34. Post #4874
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,012 Posts
    In Counter-Strike: Source when the player has the knife out for a while he brushes his hand along the side of the blade
    Right.

And the engineer's wrench in TF2, too.

Still, 2 out of ~200 possible weapons is sad.

Best anims were the HL1 crossbow, sporelauncher, gaussgun and the snarks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #4875
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,150 Posts
    This looks like that It's a kitchen on a ship.
    Ships doesn't usually have concrete pillars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Zing Zing x 8Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4876

May 2010
    148 Posts
    I'm not sure, but it does not seem like a concrete pillar to me. I can see slight reflection on it and it seems more like matte steel or whatever. I doubt this is related to HL3 anyway... And even if it is concrete, ship rly usually don't have concrete, but it's not a rule and from time to time, concrete is rly used in the interiors of the ships.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #4877
    November 2011
    4,739 Posts
    Ships doesn't usually have concrete pillars.
    Yeah. It could be a steel pillar. If it's a concrete pillar it's most likely just a room with ship-like doorways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #4878
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,062 Posts
    There are 4 Valve booths at Quakecon...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6 (list)

39. Post #4879
    Golden Egg
    June 2010
    816 Posts
    There are 4 Valve booths at Quakecon...
    CS:GO, I'd assume.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 16Zing Zing x 2 (list)

40. Post #4880
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,062 Posts
    CS:GO, I'd assume.
    :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)