1. Post #5801
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,094 Posts
    I imagine gabe returning from his vacation, his whole body violently attacked by sharks.
    He collapses on the ground on his belly, everyone goes silent
    Gabe mutters his last words: "I... I want you to.. To have thi--..."
    With his last strength, he turns his body around
    In his hands is Half Life 3.
    And the disc is broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 20Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #5802
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,760 Posts
    And the disc is broken.
    Use the steam key inside to add it to your account and download
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

3. Post #5803
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,678 Posts
    Use the steam key inside to add it to your account and download
    The ink has ran on the code due to it getting wet.

inb4 this turns into a text based adventure thread   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #5804
    Put into CSI scanner and say "repair"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 20Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5805
    June 2012
    528 Posts
    I imagine gabe returning from his vacation, his whole body violently attacked by sharks.
    In his hands is Half Life 3.
    Cool story bro:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #5806
    May 2007
    858 Posts

Antec, what are you hiding
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 47 (list)

7. Post #5807
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,368 Posts
    I recognize that image, Adam Lewis made it.

http://cghub.com/images/view/156969/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #5808
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    15,044 Posts
    It's sad, we don't even know the name of this game yet.
    the fact that every valve employee has referred to it as 'Half-Life 3' has to say something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree x 7Dumb x 3Zing x 2Optimistic x 2Disagree x 2 (list)

9. Post #5809
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,402 Posts
    the fact that every valve employee has referred to it as 'Half-Life 3' has to say something.
    I haven't seen it be mentioned as Half-life 3 without it being called that in the question that was asked them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #5810
    September 2011
    1,606 Posts
    I've noticed that whenever a Valve employee is getting asked about HL3, both the interviewer and the Valve employee get kinda quiet and awkward, as if they don't want to talk about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 19Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #5811
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,962 Posts
    In his hands is Richochet 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #5812
    August 2010
    860 Posts
    I've noticed that whenever a Valve employee is getting asked about HL3, both the interviewer and the Valve employee get kinda quiet and awkward, as if they don't want to talk about it.
    Development hasn't ever started.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Disagree Disagree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #5813
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,584 Posts
    It's also been referred to as Episode 3.
    Shit's crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #5814
    Dennab
    April 2012
    337 Posts
    What the hell are you doing valve!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #5815
    September 2009
    636 Posts
    It's also been referred to as Episode 3.
    Shit's crazy.
    It's not been referred to that by a Valve employee in a long time. These days, everyone calls it 'Half-Life 3'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

16. Post #5816
    October 2010
    104 Posts
    It's not been referred to that by a Valve employee in a long time. These days, everyone calls it 'Half-Life 3'.
    In most leaked files/path/entities names, they refer to it as "ep3".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 8Zing Zing x 3 (list)

17. Post #5817
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    15,044 Posts
    In most leaked files/path/entities names, they refer to it as "ep3".
    I never trust the file directories because they're always out of date.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #5818
    I hope they call it Half Life 2: Episode 2: Part 2 just to spite you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #5819
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    I hope they call it that so it comes after Episode 2 in alphabetical order.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #5820
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    424 Posts
    I hope that it's Prospero:Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #5821
    I hope that it's Prospero:Source
    Or

Valve presents "Gordon's 5th Game"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #5822
    January 2012
    689 Posts
    How about Half-Life 1: Episode 5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 19Winner Winner x 3 (list)

23. Post #5823
    Willing to off arm for a robot arm
    September 2011
    1,303 Posts
    Link to the CSGO trailer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #5824
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #5825
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,402 Posts
    Have they said Half-life 3 where it wasn't called that in the question that was asked? I don't think i've seen them do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #5826
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,172 Posts
    Why the fuck do you guys have to keep discussing what the title of the the next halflife game will be. They all end the same, we wont know until it is revealed. This has been discussed at least 50 times already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Late Late x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #5827

April 2011
    302 Posts
    Why the fuck do you guys have to keep discussing what the title of the the next halflife game will be. They all end the same, we wont know until it is revealed. This has been discussed at least 50 times already.
    Maybe this is over. Half-Life 2 = 1/2 Life X 2 = 1 Life.

HL3 is "Get a Life"!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista France Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

28. Post #5828
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,547 Posts
    The New Half Life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative x 5Winner x 3Agree x 2Zing x 2Funny x 2Artistic x 1Friendly x 1Late x 1Optimistic x 1Useful x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #5829
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,676 Posts
    Valve doesn't have time to name the next Half-Life game, they're going into film with their DOTA 2 documentary.

Then they're going to release a music service as part of Steam with ebooks and an ereader shortly after that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #5830
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,973 Posts
    It's like going to your dad and saying, "Oh, look at what I did daddy," and him being like, "Oh, that's cool. Where's your homework?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #5831
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,676 Posts
    It's like going to your dad and saying, "Oh, look at what I did daddy," and him being like, "Oh, that's cool. Where's your homework?"
    "It's been 5 years since the last piece of homework you've worked on, you've never brought it up again and you seem to be doing anything and everything but it."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

32. Post #5832
    June 2012
    856 Posts
    "It's been 5 years since the last piece of homework you've worked on, you've never brought it up again and you seem to be doing anything and everything but it."
    story of my life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #5833
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Maybe this is over. Half-Life 2 = 1/2 Life X 2 = 1 Life.

HL3 is "Get a Life"!
    Then it's already out? It doesn't look as good as I expected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #5834
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,676 Posts
    Games that valve has worked on since the Orange Box:
    -Left 4 Dead (2008)
    -Left 4 Dead 2 (2009)
    -Alien Swarm (2010)
    -Portal 2 (2011)
    -Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (2012)
    -Dota 2 (2012)

Game Related Things:
    -Updating pre-Orange Box games to that engine (including achievements)
    -Constant Team Fortress 2 Updates (including levels, mann co. store, events, etc)
    -Portal 2's level editor (now includes co-op option!)
    -Porting all of their games to Mac (Linux still in development, L4D2 first, more to follow)/having PS3 connect to Steam

Other:
    -Steam Overlay
    -Big Picture mode
    -Steamworks
    -Steam Workshop
    -Steam Greenlight
    -Steam for Schools
    -Release all "Meet The..." videos + Source Filmmaker
    -DOTA 2 Documentary

What we want:
    -The one fucking sequel to the game that Valve is know for
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 35Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #5835
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,230 Posts
    Games that valve has worked on since the Orange Box:
    -Left 4 Dead (2008)
    -Left 4 Dead 2 (2009)
    -Alien Swarm (2010)
    -Portal 2 (2011)
    -Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (2012)
    -Dota 2 (2012)

Game Related Things:
    -Updating pre-Orange Box games to that engine (including achievements)
    -Constant Team Fortress 2 Updates (including levels, mann co. store, events, etc)
    -Portal 2's level editor (now includes co-op option!)
    -Porting all of their games to Mac (Linux still in development, L4D2 first, more to follow)/having PS3 connect to Steam

Other:
    -Steam Overlay
    -Big Picture mode
    -Steamworks
    -Steam Workshop
    -Steam Greenlight
    -Steam for Schools
    -Release all "Meet The..." videos + Source Filmmaker

What we want:
    -The one fucking sequel to the game that Valve is know for
    It's like they don't even want fucking anything to do with it anymore. Do they really hate it or are they just afraid of how to approach it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

36. Post #5836
    June 2011
    632 Posts
    It's like they don't even want fucking anything to do with it anymore. Do they really hate it or are they just afraid of how to approach it?
    No, they're probably afraid it'll end up being like 2003. How would you feel if you had to go to a launch party with a lot of disappointed fans with nothing for you to show?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #5837
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    14,134 Posts
    before anyone posts it i would like to let everyone know this is fake:

http://black-aperture.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 28Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #5838
    December 2009
    2,633 Posts
    I see 745 new posts and start jizzing buckets, just to find nothing.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny x 12Agree x 7Winner x 2Dumb x 2Friendly x 2Late x 1Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #5839
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    im sorry for your loss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

40. Post #5840
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,172 Posts
    It's just that no one or not a lot of people at Valve are interested working on the next Halflife installment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)