1. Post #81
    October 2007
    1,240 Posts
    Played until getting to Highway 17. Gonna take some rest now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,271 Posts
    I played to the place when you are going to teleport.

Wait, damn I am still in the start of the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,048 Posts
    You know what I just realized,
    maybe kliener is keeping lamarr as a pet so it can grow into a gonarch
    She's in space now, but I did really like that theory that Kleiner would come in and save the day riding on Gonarch Lamarr.

Edited:

Actually last year I took a long weekend to play the entire Half Life series, to replay HL2 and to finish HL1, which I had never actually finished. I started Thursday after school, Finished HL1 on Friday, Finished Blue Shift later that night and finished Opposing Force on Saturday early afternoon, and then managed to finish HL2 by Sunday evening, and then Episode 1 was started straight after and I managed to finish it early Monday and then finally Episode 2 by Monday evening. Best Half Life marathon ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #84
    So I'm testing out my editting and uploading skills with Episode 1 and possible 2 before I do it with ep3/hl3 when it comes out

Here is what I have so far. It's meant to be raw video, death free, no voice, just game play in HD at the highest settings. There will be a few minor skips or 'jumps' but I'm doing my best to edit them out the best I can. So far, I'm really happy. Anyone else have any thoughts and opinions of what I should do when I upload more, and when I upload Ep3/HL3?

Note I'm NOT going to make a "Lets play" for the purpose of educational use about the game, so people can actually see genuine game play, no mods or anything silly like that. I'm also going to post a video containing all the best pictures of the game I've taken throughout the game (HD, auto snapped every 30 seconds by fraps).

So, for a Product Design project I had to make a movie poster. This is what I ended up with:

I have a massive A3 version if you're completely insane and want it on your wall.
    It seems like you put in generic things, but that is very very well edited. Keep it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    April 2011
    393 Posts
    The G-Man toy in the happy meal would be awesome!
    Press the button in his back, and hear such quotes as:

"-Mr Freeee-maaan!"
    "-Is it really that, TIME again?"
    "-We'll SEE about THAT!"
    "-Prepare... For unforeseen... Consequenses!"
    I'd like an Alyx toy.

just sayin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Mexico Show Events

6. Post #86
    I'd like an Alyx toy.

just sayin
    -insert stupid sex joke here-

oh I bet you do!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,457 Posts
    I wish there were more people playing HL2:DM.

Anyways every time I see this thread it makes me go play Half Life 2 for a couple of hours.
    Agreed. In fact, I'm working on a remake of Deck (from the Unreal series) for HL2DM right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

8. Post #88
    October 2007
    1,240 Posts
    So, at last, I finished Half-Life 2 again for the billionth time, but this time on hard (always played on normal). Those last fucking levels were rage inducing, and oh god how I wished that you could kill your squad members..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #89
    Dennab
    April 2011
    229 Posts
    I think we should create a paypal account for the Steam group, everyone send money on it, and then we'll maybe have 10k $ and so we'll buy more than 1000 crowbars to send it to Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista France Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #90
    I think we should create a paypal account for the Steam group, everyone send money on it, and then we'll maybe have 10k $ and so we'll buy more than 1000 crowbars to send it to Valve.
    rofl fuck that

what if the account owner suddenly decides "Hmm wellll I COULD keep the money"

you should totally trust ME with that money!

Edited:

So, at last, I finished Half-Life 2 again for the billionth time, but this time on hard (always played on normal). Those last fucking levels were rage inducing, and oh god how I wished that you could kill your squad members..
    I want to record and upload ep2 and hl2 after I do ep1 but I've played hl2 enough to be bored away by it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

11. Post #91
    November 2011
    108 Posts
    hehe 40 crowbars were enough

they will respond us soon. when they find a thing to do with them

vaaalveee timeeee
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events

12. Post #92
    hehe 40 crowbars were enough

they will respond us soon. when they find a thing to do with them

vaaalveee timeeee
    Honestly I don't get why people are so needy with communication.

Let Valve do what they want to do, so they don't feel rushed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,292 Posts
    Honestly I don't get why people are so needy with communication.

Let Valve do what they want to do, so they don't feel rushed.
    We already know Valve are working on it.

Whatever they say will partialy ruin the announcement for me. If they say something like "It's coming soon" and then we get it announced a month later i will be slightly disapointed as we already knew it was close to the announcement, but if it just suddenly appears that would be great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #94
    December 2009
    5,967 Posts
    I bet you they disguised it as one of the railworks DLCs it's the perfect crime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

15. Post #95
    October 2007
    1,240 Posts
    I've never had a problem with the friendly AI in this game, so when people complained of it being bad and all that I couldn't believe them. Well, that was before playing on hard. The fight against the two gunships before entering Nova Prospekt was insane, and those fucking antlions always kept getting in the way, and they couldn't kill soldiers for shit. I blasted those little buggers myself with the shotgun, couldn't be bothered to wait for them to move. HNGGGG. And the part where you extend the bridge on top of the nexus, you have to cross over it with soldiers coming form the other side (can't remember if it was an infinite wave, but they just kept coming so I pushed onwards). I had one fellow rebel in front of me, so it was difficult to advance, and then a combine soldier threw a grenade right under my feet. Instinctively, I tried to retreat, but something was blocking the way behind me. When I turned back, and as the shrapnel of the nade pierced my brain, and the fire burned my face, I swear I saw the fucking rebel blocking my way smiling gleefully. And then the screen turned red.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

16. Post #96
    Actually a cool guy
    June 2005
    2,982 Posts
    "Mr Neeeeewwweeeellllllll....

I realise this moment may not be the most convenient time for a heart-to-heart, but I had to wait until your... colleagues... heh... were otherwise occupied. Mm... There was a time they cared nothing for Half-Life, when their only experience of gaming was a space invader coming at them down from the top of a screen. When I played Half Life for the first time... heh... I acted in the face of objections that it was a mere Doom-clone and that it would not amount to anything. I have learned to ignore such naysayers when... hurting them... was out of the question. Still, I am not one to squander my investments and I remain confident it was worth far more than the initial appraisal. That's why I must now... extract... from you some small repayment owed for your own success. Tell us what you know about Half Life 3, Mr Newell. I wish I could do more than email you, but I can't afford to visit you... in person. Well... Now, listen carefully mate. When you next go... online... relay this information: the current status of Half Life 3."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 44Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #97
    Dennab
    April 2011
    229 Posts
    So far, the only thing the HL CFC managed to achieve was to give a purpose in life to a bunch of nerdy freaks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista France Show Events Dumb x 14Funny x 3Disagree x 2Friendly x 1Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,812 Posts
    So far, the only thing the HL CFC managed to achieve was to give a purpose in life to a bunch of nerdy freaks.
    oh you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #99
    July 2011
    2,355 Posts
    "Mr Neeeeewwweeeellllllll....

I realise this moment may not be the most convenient time for a heart-to-heart, but I had to wait until your... colleagues... heh... were otherwise occupied. Mm... There was a time they cared nothing for Half-Life, when their only experience of gaming was a space invader coming at them down from the top of a screen. When I played Half Life for the first time... heh... I acted in the face of objections that it was a mere Doom-clone and that it would not amount to anything. I have learned to ignore such naysayers when... hurting them... was out of the question. Still, I am not one to squander my investments and I remain confident it was worth far more than the initial appraisal. That's why I must now... extract... from you some small repayment owed for your own success. Tell us what you know about Half Life 3, Mr Newell. I wish I could do more than email you, but I can't afford to visit you... in person. Well... Now, listen carefully mate. When you next go... online... relay this information: the current status of Half Life 3."
    Email him now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #100
    Actually a cool guy
    June 2005
    2,982 Posts
    Email him now.
    Done and done (I think - it didn't make it very clear on whether the email was sent or not).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 35Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    101% Asian
    April 2007
    1,931 Posts
    It should say if it was sent. If you get the captcha wrong, it won't tell you you got it wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

22. Post #102
    Actually a cool guy
    June 2005
    2,982 Posts
    Success.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    November 2007
    2,411 Posts
    Knowing Gabe, he's gonna reply with "The current status of Half-Life 3"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 40Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #104
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,542 Posts
    Okay, hear me out here.
    The Superbowl has just started, right?
    What if, during the ads, a Lambda appears, followed by a 3. You hear a familiar voice: "Doctor Freeeeemannnn..."
    And then, nothing.

They don't show the Superbowl ads on BBC1, let me know if there's a massive HL3 reveal, internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,048 Posts
    Okay, hear me out here.
    What if, during the ads, a Lambda appears, followed by a 3. You hear a familiar voice: "Doctor Freeeeemannnn..."
    And then, nothing.
    Because everyone knows that Football fans love HL! Super Bowl ads are reserved for Doritos, condoms and mountain dew. Oh, and everyone's favourite video game genre, modern war shooters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

26. Post #106
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,542 Posts
    Because everyone knows that Football fans love HL! Super Bowl ads are reserved for Doritos, condoms and mountain dew. Oh, and everyone's favourite video game genre, modern war shooters.
    Which is why it would be so unexpected!
    I mean, they showed a trailer for The Avengers, didn't they?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #107
    May 2011
    254 Posts
    Okay, hear me out here.
    And then, nothing.

They don't show the Superbowl ads on BBC1, let me know if there's a massive HL3 reveal, internet.
    G-man walks out of a house on Albert Square and says "Doctor Freeeemannnnn.." and you hear the doomphs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,542 Posts
    G-man walks out of a house on Albert Square and says "Doctor Freeeemannnnn.." and you hear the doomphs
    I'd pay to see this happen.

Edited:

John Madden walks onto the field holding a Crowbar. He screams "FOOTBALL!" then explodes into astronauts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 21Funny Funny x 4 (list)

29. Post #109
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,728 Posts
    I'd pay to see this happen.

Edited:

John Madden walks onto the field holding a Crowbar. He screams "FOOTBALL!" then explodes into astronauts.
    YES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

30. Post #110
    May 2011
    1,910 Posts
    Okay, hear me out here.
    And then, nothing.

The G-Men won the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

31. Post #111
    June 2010
    4,389 Posts
    just had a thought, and it's more of a general half-life thing than hl3 specific

how long does a resonance cascade last? i'm unsure as to whether or not the aliens continuing to teleport into the facility near the end of Half-Life was a result of the resonance cascade or if it was the nihilanth's doing. but if portals were still opening up in the deepest parts of the facility, are portals still opening and spitting out random xen creatures (and Race X creatures if Op:For is canon) in the ruins of Black Mesa even after it was nuked?

Or was this the same sort of thing as the missile launched in Episode 2, where the explosion neutralized the portals?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,394 Posts
    Taking part in RLD yesterday made me realize how spectacularly my reflexes have improved since HL2 first came out. I couldn't believe how fast I was snapping through CPs with the pistol.

Though, I think Obsidian Conflict turned me into a speedy bastard. I never bunny hopped before, but now I'm doing it nonstop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

33. Post #113
    October 2007
    1,240 Posts
    I can't believe I'm still finding new stuff after 8 years of playing. Just found 3 hidden "item packs" (medkits and batteries) and a lambda cache that I've never seen before, all in water hazard, during the helicopter chase (which makes it difficult to explore, I found them fooling around in Garry's mod -yes, lame, I know-). And mind you, I'm still missing 5 lambda caches for the achievement, which I plan on finding without "cheating" again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    December 2009
    2,991 Posts
    cast for half life 2 movie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 49Funny Funny x 26Late Late x 4 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,048 Posts
    As sad as that would be, I would pay to see it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

36. Post #116
    June 2010
    6,183 Posts
    Replaying HL2 has been really worth it.
    I don't know how many people did this before, but it's a first for me: I abducted Dog's "ball" and made it my pet roller mine that now happily bounces around me in Ravenholm.

I did manage to watch the HL2 finale from Breen's chair, let's see for how long I can keep this little bugger around. It can explode, but it also follows me around unless I throw it at an enemy (which is an excellent distraction).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Dennab
    April 2011
    229 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

38. Post #118
    cast for half life 2 movie?
    They would fuck that movie up so bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,812 Posts
    you are like an adhd kid who cries for help all the time but when your classmates do shit that isnt to your interest you fucking cry out how unfair it is
    you also bring up the dumbest things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #120
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,896 Posts
    Gentlemen, have some art.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 22Artistic Artistic x 7Late Late x 2 (list)