1. Post #1721
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,057 Posts
    I emailed asking what the 10' UI is

Edited:

Really can't think of what else it would be than Big Picture though, what else do we even know that Valve are doing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #1722
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,339 Posts
    I emailed asking what the 10' UI is

Edited:

Really can't think of what else it would be than Big Picture though, what else do we even know that Valve are doing?
    Steam Big Picture is a 10' UI, so 10' UI is steam big picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #1723
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,876 Posts
    Nothing new at E3 ? I am really sad... I think I need a hug.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 17 (list)

4. Post #1724

December 2007
    150 Posts
    Guys Gabe sounds very sarcastic at the reply...
    I mean... think about it again... if you hear it from someone it would be sarcastic for you...
    And Gabe was sarcastic not long time ago with Ricochet 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1725
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,677 Posts
    Guys Gabe sounds very sarcastic at the reply...
    I mean... think about it again... if you hear it from someone it would be sarcastic for you...
    And Gabe was sarcastic not long time ago with Ricochet 2.
    Yeah the podcast he did with Seven Day Cooldown lately, that was most certainly not not about Ricochet 2...

Also in that e-mail he said they're not announcing Half-Life 3, we know Gabe is clever and sneaky and he technically didn't say Episode 3...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

6. Post #1726
    November 2008
    1,127 Posts
    The pessimist in me says you guys are just grasping at straws at this point (not that I blame you).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #1727
    March 2007
    548 Posts
    The pessimist in me says you guys are just grasping at straws at this point (not that I blame you).
    Hope dies last.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #1728
    Silly men accomplish magnificant tasks, the current ammount of womens rear exits that have surrounded my penis makes me confident I will accomplish, shit.
    July 2008
    3,461 Posts
    it feels like 2011 E3 again.
    and 2010
    and 2009
    and 2008

how the fuck time passed so fast holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 26Late Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #1729
    November 2008
    707 Posts
    imho it's fake, this response doesn't feel like it's from Gabe at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 22Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1730
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,370 Posts
    This thread is depression fuel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #1731
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    I don't think it's real, it seems unlikely that Gabe would tell Valve's E3 plans to some random guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

12. Post #1732
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,057 Posts
    Steam Big Picture is a 10' UI, so 10' UI is steam big picture.
    Oh fuck I completely forgot ' means foot, it's not something you really ever see in the UK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1733
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    408 Posts
    Imho, fail troll is fail. That honestly does not look or even remotely feel like a Gabe response, judging from my experience with talking to him, this really just isn't his style.

Edited:

On the other hand, if it is real, I'll be pretty sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #1734
    July 2009
    6,056 Posts
    Have we all forgotten that Ricochet 2 is now code for HL3/Ep3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #1735
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 39Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #1736
    March 2011
    1,556 Posts
    yeah i dont think gabe would call the new steam big picture thinger the "10' UI"

:26
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 5Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #1737
    June 2011
    631 Posts

I still hope it's not real
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #1738
    July 2007
    668 Posts
    just imagine valve displaying a blank screen at e3 and then you can hear g-man:

"Time, Dr. Freeman?"

or something of a similar effect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

19. Post #1739
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,598 Posts
    Half-Life 3 was just an elongated Episode 3 all along.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #1740
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    396 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that the HL-team is in the final stage of development. Why? Because they all grow beards. They did the exact same thing in the final stage of developing HL1 and HL2 IIRC..

I'm keeping my head held high, but I could really use a hug too after all these years of disappointment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree x 21Funny x 3Informative x 1Winner x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #1741
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,229 Posts
    Someone needs to make an app called the beard-ometer, where judging by the length of their beards we can tell progress on HL3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Winner Winner x 5 (list)

22. Post #1742
    March 2011
    1,556 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that the HL-team is in the final stage of development. Why? Because they all grow beards. They did the exact same thing in the final stage of developing HL1 and HL2 IIRC..

I'm keeping my head held high, but I could really use a hug too after all these years of disappointment.
    ...did ALL of the team grow beards?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1743
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    396 Posts
    I have no idea. But Gaben does and Chet too..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #1744
    December 2009
    2,631 Posts
    That email could have been taken out of context. Perhaps the emailer was asking about something else beforehand like "Richoshit 2" and so Gabe replied with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #1745
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    I still hope it's not real
    That doesn't prove it's real at all. The only thing that can prove it is if Gabe says something about it himself to a media outlet, but I doubt we'll hear confirmation either way until E3.

26. Post #1746
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,209 Posts
    just imagine valve displaying a blank screen at e3 and then you can hear g-man:

"Time, Dr. Freeman?"

or something of a similar effect
    Gabe comes on stage, talks about the success with dota2 and cs:go beta at this very moment, decides to announce a new game, it's ricochet 2.

So at this stage everyone is upset and surprised, probably laughing but they show a trailer of it when all of a sudden the rooms gets quiet and dark and you just hear the gman go "Dr. Freeeeeemaaaan. It has been a while since we last, met."

The next moments all you hear is screams with a kickass trailer and everyone is so excited.

My ideal E3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #1747
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,059 Posts
    Gabe comes on stage, talks about the success with dota2 and cs:go beta at this very moment, decides to announce a new game, it's ricochet 2.

So at this stage everyone is upset and surprised, probably laughing but they show a trailer of it when all of a sudden the rooms gets quiet and dark and you just hear the gman go "Dr. Freeeeeemaaaan. It has been a while since we last, met."

The next moments all you hear is screams with a kickass trailer and everyone is so excited.

My ideal E3
    I think that's everyone's idea. I myself prefer the classic "Gabe on stage, lights dim, huge 3 appears behind him. Crowd goes apeshit, but Gabe simply smiles as 'L4D' appears on the left side of the 3."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #1748
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    15,040 Posts
    Like everyone else, I seriously cannot go another year. It's pretty painful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1749
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,509 Posts
    I am worried what might happen to the internet if Ep3 was revealed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #1750
    RAIN BOW DASH IS TEH BEST PONY! SWAG!
    November 2010
    1,618 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 19Friendly Friendly x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #1751
    May 2011
    1,915 Posts
    Welp this sucks.

Maybe we'll get it next year, guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

32. Post #1752

November 2010
    488 Posts
    Maybe they have a bet to grow a beard until EP3 is finished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1753
    December 2009
    2,631 Posts
    Maybe they have a bet to grow a beard until EP3 is finished.
    Ive always wondered where people would store their beard when it got to long to hold on their face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #1754
    October 2011
    542 Posts
    This thread is depression fuel.
    It made me cry look this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #1755
    April 2012
    122 Posts
    im sorry but Half life 3 is not going to happen sorry guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree x 4Zing x 2Dumb x 2Friendly x 2Useful x 1Optimistic x 1Late x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1Funny x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #1756
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,486 Posts
    43 days till E3, only time will tell...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1757
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,209 Posts
    Portal 2 had a surprise appearance, I hope half life does too.

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #1758
    August 2011
    499 Posts
    I want a confirmation of this being real.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1759
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,370 Posts

New thread music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

40. Post #1760
    support my deus ex fanfiction
    November 2009
    1,496 Posts

New thread music.
    Now excuse me while I carve out a Three into my arm and hang myself upside down so that all the blood drains from my arm, while listening to this.

Fuckin' Gabe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)