1. Post #2081
    April 2012
    145 Posts
    DD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 26Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2082
    July 2009
    5,882 Posts
    per parsec

Faster than Han Solo completed the Kessel Run   
    It's quite obvious that when Episode 3 is announced, we'll be firing 200 dollar custom tooled threads at 10,000 posts per minute.

It'll cost Garry $400,000 dollars to keep Facepunch up...for 12 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny x 35Winner x 3Agree x 3Artistic x 1Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #2083
    GabeN

Nope. Its called humor.
    12 year old humor
    It's quite obvious that when Episode 3 is announced, we'll be firing 200 dollar custom tooled threads at 10,000 posts per minute.

It'll cost Garry $400,000 dollars to keep Facepunch up...for 12 seconds.

when it's announced I'll be making a lets play (or) a raw video of the actual gameplay itself like what I did here http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA957867831B4DF34
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #2084
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,229 Posts
    When it is announced I will be happy and carry on, it's a video game it doesn't really concern me.

I do want it though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #2085
    March 2010
    1,473 Posts
    What's your favorite place in the Half-life series? I personally love the initial plaza in City 17.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locations_of_Half-Life

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Locations
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

6. Post #2086

July 2011
    185 Posts
    Mine would probably be Black Mesa East.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #2087
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,330 Posts
    The entire water hazard chapter will always hold a special place in my heart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #2088
    August 2010
    147 Posts
    What's your favorite place in the Half-life series?
    White Forest
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

9. Post #2089
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,737 Posts
    Your all fucking stupid.

You wont be posting, you'll be masturbating.

Then posting.
    Welcome to the forum, dickhead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

10. Post #2090
    July 2007
    318 Posts
    I'll always love that part in Ep. 2 Where you come out of the mine. The way the light adjusts with the screen, and the areas atmosphere is amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #2091
    Love the c17 underground, but I think the HL2 leak's Depot is a pretty good competitor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #2092
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,209 Posts
    I have a question.

Why is it Valve has been all silent about EP3/HL3 for all those years and then suddenly start answering emails claiming there wont be a release this year? Have this been done before?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Zing Zing x 8Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #2093
    I have a question.

Why is it Valve has been all silent about EP3/HL3 for all those years and then suddenly start answering emails claiming there wont be a release this year? Have this been done before?
    VALVe is getting tired of people asking them over and over, so they've just started to say "no, no hl3"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2094
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,789 Posts
    What's your favorite place in the Half-life series? I personally love the initial plaza in City 17.
    The dam in Half-Life 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2095
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,885 Posts
    The hoverboat sections of HL2. All that time to yourself, a big area to explore and lots of nice little events and easter eggs to uncover. No stupid babbling shitface Alyx for at least a whole hour... heaven.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #2096
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    I have a question.

Because that was a fake email. Valve just ignores Half-Life 3 emails.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

17. Post #2097
    August 2011
    499 Posts
    Because that was a fake email. Valve just ignores Half-Life 3 emails.
    wha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

18. Post #2098
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,395 Posts

I've always loved this one spot in Water Hazard, right after a G-Man sighting, where there's this fork in the canal and to the right is a Metrocop shooting at you and a small refuge made of scrap (with craploads of headcrabs). The ambience there is so... soothing, somehow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

19. Post #2099
    The trainwreck area at the beginning of Episode 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

20. Post #2100
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,408 Posts

The cliff section of Surface Tension in Half-Life.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 33Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2101
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,764 Posts
    fav settings in order
    1. coastal chapters, somehow gives me the feeling that this is still the best source engine game to date w or w/o hdr
    2. canal chapters, ditto (doesnt even have hdr and its still sex)
    3. the mining site chapters in ep2
    4. dark fusion reactor (citadel teleport chamber)
    5. nova prospekt chapters, lighting and hdr just makes everything sexual

The hoverboat sections of HL2. All that time to yourself, a big area to explore and lots of nice little events and easter eggs to uncover. No stupid babbling shitface Alyx for at least a whole hour... heaven.
    i thought i was the only one who cant stand alyx
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #2102
    June 2010
    6,145 Posts
    I think Alyx only gets annoying if you replay the game too often. I didn't mind her on my first run and at all but afterwards I got annoyed quickly at "Gordon" here and "Gordon" there and essentially her railroading you. Kinda applied to Portal 2 for me as well.

Also I kinda have a thing for that house in HL2 you stumble across with the buggy, the one with the executed and burnt-down family and the two gravestones outside. There's just so much about it that tells a story without a single word.
    Gameplay-wise I think I prefer Nova Prospekt as a whole tho, as long as your own ant lions don't get in your way. I think it had quite a bit of visual variety to it, from the tunnels to the cells to the train station with the sarcophagi to the teleport chamber, there were plenty of Combine to shoot, you could use your antlions and turrets and throw manhacks back, you get to fight two ant lion bosses and that one poison headcrab zombie in the bathroom is still creepy to me, so plenty of variety in enemies and also in gameplay from ambushes and dodging turrets to get into position to holding your ground with turrets. You also gain greater insight into the Combine mentality when Breen is talking to them, you learn about another side to Judith and there's plenty of self-telling stories like the Vortigaunt torture cell or the cameras of unarmored Combine soldiers.
    All combined with the creepy atmosphere of a run-down building. Put some sawblades and roller mines there and it's perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #2103
    Dennab
    May 2011
    564 Posts
    Antlion caves, especially the scene with larval extract. The music there was very climatic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2104
    gay as h*ck
    January 2012
    2,009 Posts
    Citadel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #2105
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,764 Posts
    I think Alyx only gets annoying if you replay the game too often. I didn't mind her on my first run and at all but afterwards I got annoyed quickly at "Gordon" here and "Gordon" there and essentially her railroading you. Kinda applied to Portal 2 for me as well.
    i find it weird that i very much preferred glados as a companion more in p2 than i did with alyx
    mainly because the former doesnt tell the player what to do all the time and she still manages to be interesting on your portal gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2106
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,329 Posts
    Am I the only person that actually liked Alyx?

My favourite part in HL2 is probably the bridge on the coast. That was seriously just awesome. Also the climb up to the top of the citadel while in the pod, I can't even find words to describe how amazing that was. It's the perpetual "clinking" of the pod moving on its rails combined with eerie architecture and grotesque and menacing synths and mutants you see along the way that makes it so intimidating, but then you get one short, beautiful glimpse of the city below before you make it to the very top. "The calm before the storm."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

27. Post #2107
    June 2010
    6,145 Posts
    i find it weird that i very much preferred glados as a companion more in p2 than i did with alyx
    mainly because the former doesnt tell the player what to do all the time and she still manages to be interesting on your portal gun
    I was thinking more of Wheatley than Glados.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

28. Post #2108
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Am I the only person
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

29. Post #2109
    June 2010
    5,548 Posts
    Is this article and me HORRIBLY late? I apologize profusely if so.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/23/ha...ame=0&ns_fee=0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Late Late x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

30. Post #2110
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,764 Posts
    also it still concerns me that its been almost 2 years since the source engine update came out to hl2 and despite all the complains everywhere and on the steam forums, valve still hasnt fixed all the stretched skybox textures happening on any map that doesnt have hdr (aka 70% of hl2 maps)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #2111

December 2007
    150 Posts
    here is a video proof to my mail to gabe:
    And he said "...anything Half Life RELATED"
    which mean no HL3,EP3 or anything!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

32. Post #2112

February 2012
    20 Posts
    here is a video proof to my mail to gabe:
    And he said "...anything Half Life RELATED"
    which mean no HL3,EP3 or anything!
    After Effects

Seriously though, that video doesn't prove the authenticity of the e-mail. And if it was was authentic. It could be another ploy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #2113

December 2007
    150 Posts
    After Effects

Seriously though, that video doesn't prove the authenticity of the e-mail. And if it was was authentic. It could be another ploy.
    in which way do you want me to show you it?
    on skype?
    I have no interests here to lie!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

34. Post #2114
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,889 Posts

Well my favorite level is definitely Under the Radar in Episode 2. Alyx is with you but doesn't railroad you all the time, you get to drive the bitchin' car and it's relatively open. Plus at the start of that level was the first time Alyx winked at me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #2115
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,422 Posts
    I may possibly be late with this assumption but what if IGN was referring to the upcoming TF2 Meet the Pyro Video instead of anything HL-related?
    Pyro burning shit --> "Wake up and smell the ashes."

The upcoming release was also featured in the latest Portal 2 video.

Ah yes it seems quite a few people had that idea over at the Sensationalist Headlines thread before it popped into my head. Clocks away!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Late Late x 7Agree Agree x 6 (list)

36. Post #2116

February 2012
    20 Posts
    on skype?
    I suppose if you're really not lying. There is one thing you could do. You could place a shoe on your head while sitting in front of the monitor showing the e-mail while writing your username on your chest (to verify it's really you). Then make a picture of it and post it on Facepunch.

Of course if you don't do this, it's proof that you are lying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2117
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,254 Posts
    on skype?
    http://aruljohn.com/info/howtofindipaddress/

Check the IP and see if it is from Valve. Because faking e-mail addresses is easy as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #2118
    April 2012
    145 Posts
    The under bridge part in hl2 (so atmospheric) or the cliff in hl1(vertical ftw!).
    O-O

Edit: This thread suddenly gets 3 pages a fat... tensions building.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

39. Post #2119

December 2007
    150 Posts
    If you come to my in this attitude I see no use of giving you more proof that it's no edited and it's true.
    And if everything you see on the internet you think it's fake and the only way believe it is to put a shoe on the head and picuture it... you have a problem.
    I'm am not going to show you more proof, I know the truth by myself and it's you decision to believe it or not, keep having false hopes for announcement soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

40. Post #2120

February 2012
    20 Posts
    If you come to my in this attitude I see no use of giving you more proof that it's no edited and it's true.
    And if everything you see on the internet you think it's fake and the only way believe it is to put a shoe on the head and picuture it... you have a problem.
    I'm am not going to show you more proof, I know the truth by myself and it's you decision to believe it or not, keep having false hopes for announcement soon.
    Your "I don't care what you think" act contradicts with your desperation to prove that e-mail wasn't fake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)