1. Post #2561
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,322 Posts
    Don't you dare call HL2:DM shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 38Funny Funny x 4 (list)

2. Post #2562
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Yeah, don't you dare have a different opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Zing x 12Agree x 4Disagree x 3Funny x 1Dumb x 1Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #2563
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    how exactly is it good in your eyes? honest question, i respect your opinion as well as surprised that people like it, maybe i'm not seeing something you see, which is why i want to know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #2564
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    Can we call it unbalanced? It is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #2565
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,800 Posts
    Can we call it unbalanced? It is.

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Half life 2 Deathmatch was never unbalanced, nor was it in Half life 1 where I pulled out my Laser cannon of death and spawn camped everyone, nor was it in HL2 DM where I camped all the spawns with toilets. Half life 2 Deathmatch was a master piece of balancement.

Do you call toilets overpowered death devices of doom?

I can't wait for HL3:DM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Zing Zing x 1 (list)

6. Post #2566
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,724 Posts
    do people still play hl2dm?

I loved... the official map based on the hl2 nova prospect level. With the bathroom. Although i never could find any amazing custom maps/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #2567
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,583 Posts
    i love coop maps in hl2dm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 14Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #2568
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    912 Posts
    Sounds like we have some jealous HL2DM noobs in here...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #2569
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,322 Posts
    how exactly is it good in your eyes? honest question, i respect your opinion as well as surprised that people like it, maybe i'm not seeing something you see, which is why i want to know
    In 2010 I'd wake up at around 6am in the summer, I'd have breakfast and everything and then I'd play HL2:DM. I had so much fun making teams with friends and barricading, especially on dm_lockdown and dm_overwatch. They may not have had a lot of fancy additions or anything to make it amazing, but it was damn enjoyable.

The point is, I made it crative. I didn't just sprint around shooting everyone while spamming grenades like most people, I'd do a bunch of things to make it more fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2570
    Hl2:Dm

gravity gun matches are so amazing

THROW

CATCH

THROW

CATCH

THROW

MISSOHGODNO

BOOM DEAD

What more could you ask for?!

That, plus rocket matches

I need to get back into HL2:DM but I don't feel like it :O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2571
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,800 Posts
    My favorite is when Sv_Cheats are enabled and someone types into console host_timescale 0.1

Slow motion dodging toilets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #2572
    May 2011
    2,479 Posts
    Best map was easily that one with the nuke. Play TDM with a good team and you can totally lock down the bunker and barricade it with props. Then you just launch down constant nukes of death
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #2573
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,800 Posts
    Oh god, there was that one glitch were you just kept ramming into the button spamming E for a whole fuckload of nukes causing the server to rage quit, one of my personal favorites.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #2574
    Oh god, there was that one glitch were you just kept ramming into the button spamming E for a whole fuckload of nukes causing the server to rage quit, one of my personal favorites.
    I have macro's, going to hop on and try that.

if anything happens, I'll post results.

Edited:

nope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #2575
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,800 Posts
    Fuck, I must be thinking of that HL1 map then, I also remember in an early build you could also do that as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #2576
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,583 Posts
    In 2010 I'd wake up at around 6am in the summer, I'd have breakfast and everything and then I'd play HL2:DM. I had so much fun making teams with friends and barricading, especially on dm_lockdown and dm_overwatch. They may not have had a lot of fancy additions or anything to make it amazing, but it was damn enjoyable.

The point is, I made it crative. I didn't just sprint around shooting everyone while spamming grenades like most people, I'd do a bunch of things to make it more fun.
    On runoff I usually got people to cooperate and build forts together and to block the gates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events

17. Post #2577
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    How does it compare to all these BS shooters now a days? No xp system i hope. Is it like css?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

18. Post #2578
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,482 Posts
    I know I'm gonna get beat on for this but whats up with the synergy website? I usually go there to see updates but it has apparently been suspended?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

19. Post #2579
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    How does it compare to all these BS shooters now a days? No xp system i hope. Is it like css?
    Literally just HL2 against other people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

20. Post #2580
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    Yeah idk wuts up with synergy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #2581
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,939 Posts
    Apparently it has been suspended for non-payment, I guess. Or it has expired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #2582
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,482 Posts
    And synergy fans, looks like they are gonna make an update soon so we can play hl1 coop again. They are comming around.

http://twitter.com/#!/SynergyMod/sta.../photo/1/large
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #2583
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    408 Posts
    Uhhh, guys?... Something strange happened to me last night. I don't know if every one has found this before and it's always been there and I haven't noticed it, but last night my friend was playing Portal 2 again on the PS3, and he got to the part where you first arrive at the underground section.

He found the sealed doors with the Cave Johnson recordings, but here's the thing; when he listened, every time it started you would hear Dr. Kleiner's line from HL2 of him saying; "D'ooooh, fiddle sticks. What now?"

...Am I the only one who's found this? Or am I just late as fuck?

EDIT: Guess I am late as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #2584
    And synergy fans, looks like they are gonna make an update soon so we can play hl1 coop again. They are comming around.

http://twitter.com/#!/SynergyMod/sta.../photo/1/large
    Synergy is pretty shitty last I played it, so horribly over the top with scripts.

hope that's fixed, even though Sven coop is still alive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #2585
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,939 Posts
    Synergy is pretty shitty last I played it, so horribly over the top with scripts.
    Right now it's the only HL2 coop mod I have to use, sadly. Obsidian Conflict doesn't have that much servers right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2586
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Uhhh, guys?... Something strange happened to me last night. I don't know if every one has found this before and it's always been there and I haven't noticed it, but last night my friend was playing Portal 2 again on the PS3, and he got to the part where you first arrive at the underground section.

He found the sealed doors with the Cave Johnson recordings, but here's the thing; when he listened, every time it started you would hear Dr. Kleiner's line from HL2 of him saying; "D'ooooh, fiddle sticks. What now?"

...Am I the only one who's found this? Or am I just late as fuck?

EDIT: Guess I am late as fuck.
    That's the sound that plays when an audio file can't be loaded. It's the audio equivalent of the giant red/blue error model, or the pink/black checkerboard texture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 12Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #2587
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    408 Posts
    That's the sound that plays when an audio file can't be loaded. It's the audio equivalent of the giant red/blue error model, or the pink/black checkerboard texture.
    Thought so. I guess just the sound of the button being activated couldn't be loaded.

Funny too, because I once made that my windows error sound. It fits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #2588
    support my deus ex fanfiction
    November 2009
    1,507 Posts
    Funny too, because I once made that my windows error sound. It fits.
    now I have to do this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

29. Post #2589
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,707 Posts
    shame HL2:DM is pretty much dead now, i remember it back in its hayday. now there are like 3 populated servers and 2 are killbox maps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #2590
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,807 Posts
    What's with killbox? I remember playing HL2:DM for the first time in ever and most servers had killbox on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #2591
    What's with killbox? I remember playing HL2:DM for the first time in ever and most servers had killbox on it.
    It's basically a big box, now add random junk like catwalks to it, etc

Edited:

Posts in this thread

1. J!NX 119

2. glichvid 59

WOW
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #2592
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    shame HL2:DM is pretty much dead now, i remember it back in its hayday. now there are like 3 populated servers and 2 are killbox maps
    On the other hand, it might be a better fate than it having only servers filled with bots forced to kill each other for all eternity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #2593
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,807 Posts
    On the other hand, it might be a better fate than it having only servers filled with bots forced to kill each other for all eternity.
    I remember hearing that elsewhere...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #2594
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    I remember hearing that elsewhere...
    The was a not-very-creepypasta about bots like that on CS. It pops up as a thread on 4chan's /v/ board occasionally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

35. Post #2595
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,807 Posts
    I remember hearing it on Facepunch, actually. Someone was talking about how the world would end and then somebody mentioned bots would be in the servers killing each other for all eternity. I dunno but it was quite interesting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #2596
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,220 Posts
    If valve does choose to make multiplayer, they should spend more time on it aka
    a real coop mode. maybe something that has a ai director like in l4d.
    or maybe a balanced competitive mode with different game modes, leaderboards, proper progression, more maps, etc.
    if they had a separate team dedicated to multiplayer, it could be so much better. yeah hl2dm is fun, but you can't deny that it's halfassed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #2597
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,094 Posts
    In my experience HL2DM's simplicity always lead to player innovation. It's not like most games today where you are obligated to follow a specific set of gameplay rules. HL2DM doesn't have these rules, and because of that you can see servers where spamming toilets is the norm and servers where the key is roleplaying or completing objectives or what have you. Sure, it does lead to more bad servers, but the good servers are infinitely better. Though, I can't say what the situation is now; I haven't played the game in years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #2598
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,544 Posts
    I remember hearing it on Facepunch, actually. Someone was talking about how the world would end and then somebody mentioned bots would be in the servers killing each other for all eternity. I dunno but it was quite interesting
    yeah i believe i said that, i remember something like that

EDIT: this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #2599
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,770 Posts
    chances are the next half-life multiplayer will be just as half-assed as hl2dm was

its just hl2dm's shittiness is overlooked because it brought us unscaleable mountains of mods (which is worth it)
    Sorry, but I'm going to have to cut you some time in the future.

No hard feelings.

Edited:

Also greetings from 2009
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

40. Post #2600
    It's basically a big box, now add random junk like catwalks to it, etc

Edited:

Posts in this thread

1. J!NX 119

2. glichvid 59

WOW
    You miss-spelled my name!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)