1. Post #2641
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    4,523 Posts
    Good video, but the most significant weapon in Half-Life should be either the crowbar or the gravity gun. C'mon, at least use the crossbow.
    Crowbar and gravity gun aren't necessarily instakill weapons, so they wouldn't fit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

2. Post #2642
    Good video, but the most significant weapon in Half-Life should be either the crowbar or the gravity gun. C'mon, at least use the crossbow.
    None of those weapons were the games icon weapons.

Except maybe the golden gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #2643
    May 2011
    2,463 Posts
    None of those weapons were the games icon weapons.

Except maybe the golden gun.
    I dunno. The omni-tool seems pretty iconic to Mass Effect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #2644
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts
    Shoulda used defibrilators from battlefield...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #2645
    Crowbar and gravity gun aren't necessarily instakill weapons, so they wouldn't fit.
    Super gravity gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

6. Post #2646
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,724 Posts
    I hope a few more voice types are added to rebels. They all sound the same (and american, for eastern europe)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

7. Post #2647
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts
    Shoulda used defibrilators from battlefield...
    No I'm serious I have about 108 kills with those things!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #2648
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    Do you really think they had the time to super grav the guy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #2649
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,767 Posts
    There's not really a notable time difference between super grav'ing the guy and shooting the bouncy orb. The super gravity one would been cooler, too, if anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #2650
    There's not really a notable time difference between super grav'ing the guy and shooting the bouncy orb. The super gravity one would been cooler, too, if anything.
    and far harder to make, considering it'd fuck shit up as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2651
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    They shoulda had Dom ram a car into a oil barrel.

INSTA KILL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

12. Post #2652
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,852 Posts

3-Lights
    No turrets
    No mines
    Vortal Combat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 21Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #2653
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,786 Posts

3-Lights
    No turrets
    No mines
    Vortal Combat
    I want this as my theme song.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #2654
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,566 Posts
    So.. i haven't been on here in a while.

Has there been any official news about Half Life 2 Episode 3, besides misc conspiracies, and other stuff?

I would love to hear valve give us some info on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

15. Post #2655
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    Gamestop posted a half life 2 episode 3 thing... Thats the closest we've got.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #2656
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,602 Posts
    So.. i haven't been on here in a while.

Has there been any official news about Half Life 2 Episode 3, besides misc conspiracies, and other stuff?

I would love to hear valve give us some info on it.
    Gabe talked about it under the code name: "Ricochet 2". He mentioned about how they were having issues with the story arc and other things for the delay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #2657
    May 2011
    567 Posts
    Where did you hear/see that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #2658
    March 2010
    1,478 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

19. Post #2659
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,333 Posts
    That's part of their Powerup Site, it's to show what game you have, had, or want. Half-Life 2 Episode 3 has been on there ever since the site went up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #2660
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,327 Posts
    Gabe talked about it under the code name: "Ricochet 2". He mentioned about how they were having issues with the story arc and other things for the delay.
    Did they really imply that they're working on the next Half Life? I know I'm late but where can I find the source for this?

It would make me feel a little better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #2661
    Did they really imply that they're working on the next Half Life? I know I'm late but where can I find the source for this?

It would make me feel a little better
    There's no way Ricochet 2 is what they're working on, they kind of don't like 1, atleast, it's heavily implied by how they act towards it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2662
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    I hope a few more voice types are added to rebels. They all sound the same (and american, for eastern europe)
    America had a mass exodus after the RC after like 10 years of portal storms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #2663
    Dennab
    April 2012
    146 Posts
    America had a mass exodus after the RC after like 10 years of portal storms.
    So all buy like 11 males and 3 females exist?
    Seems legit...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2664
    October 2010
    12,780 Posts
    Gabe talked about it under the code name: "Ricochet 2".
    That's so stupid imo.

It's very likely that Valve hasn't worked on HL3 as much as they have worked on countless of other projects. (Plus company holidays.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

25. Post #2665
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,786 Posts
    Is it just me or do I have the feeling that they haven't even STARTED on Half-Life 3?

I know that they are, but Valve is acting very secretive about Half-Life 3. It's probably just me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree x 18Agree x 3Dumb x 3Zing x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #2666
    June 2010
    6,247 Posts
    Is it just me or do I have the feeling that they haven't even STARTED on Half-Life 3?
    Why would you think that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

27. Post #2667
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    of course they've started it, they're just doing a really good job at keeping it quiet until it's ready

anyone who says otherwise is insane
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #2668
    August 2011
    499 Posts
    Why would you think that?

maybe they are tired of the franchise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Spain Show Events Funny x 13Disagree x 5Zing x 1Dumb x 1Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2669
    August 2010
    1,027 Posts
    I think if they had really given up on the franchise they would tell us, and explain why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2670
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts
    Isn't it obvious they've already given up and started work on Ricochet 2 instead?

Apparently they're having some story issues though, I can understand that seeing how complex Riccochet 1's story was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2671
    June 2010
    6,247 Posts
    Question remains.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2672
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts
    There is so much they could possibly do with half life right now, so that's highly improbable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2673
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,724 Posts
    If valve have began to dislike working on half life

Then we should all pray for the wellbeing and sanity of the people imprisoned in infinity ward and treyarch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

34. Post #2674
    December 2009
    3,035 Posts
    I know people don't want it, but do you think the gravity gun will be scrapped for HL3 / Ep3 ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #2675
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,653 Posts
    I know people don't want it, but do you think the gravity gun will be scrapped for HL3 / Ep3 ?
    They couldn't possibly scrap it, it's part of the reason why Half-Life 2 and the episodes are a success in the first place. It's much more interesting than purely shooting stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

36. Post #2676
    September 2008
    1,261 Posts
    No. Simple as that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

37. Post #2677
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,724 Posts
    Replace it with something?

...VORTAL POWERS?!?!?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb x 3Disagree x 2Winner x 1Artistic x 1Useful x 1 (list)

38. Post #2678
    lol yep they got tired of their top selling franchise on an amazing cliff hanger + with everyone chanting "HL3!!!!" and with so much they could do right now it's sick. Literally, the franchise sells itself.

ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #2679
    September 2009
    2,016 Posts
    Seeing as Valve probably won't do it, perhaps someone could make a Griggs and Sheckley co-op mod taking place in white forest ? I think their attaching personality could make them great player characters.
    There could be a problem in contacting the voice actors, though, and I'm not sure they would accept to do voices for a mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #2680
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,179 Posts
    I think it'd be sort of amazingly badass if the vortigons blessed Gordon with the power of the vortecence somehow. He could shoot lightening out of his hands and have some epic fight with the Gman. Although I don't think fighting is his style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)