1. Post #3841
    Well, IMO, Half Life 2 was different from Half Life 1. Half Life 2 Episodes 1 and 2 were very similar to Half Life 2. If they're going to continue the current story (Going somewhere in that fancy helicopter) they should call it Half Life 2 Episode 3, and not Half Life 3.

Also, it would make more sense if Half Life 3 would have a new engine, as Half Life 2 also has a new engine after Half Life 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3842
    I'm guessing Half Life 3 because Chet recently said this;
    “When we announce Half-Life 3 it won’t be on a t-shirt or a forum or some obscure internet game. We’ll do it in our own way.”
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3843
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,091 Posts
    “When we announce Half-Life 3 it won’t be on a t-shirt or a forum or some obscure internet game. We’ll do it in our own way.”
    It doesn't necessarily apply to the next game after ep2, only a future release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

4. Post #3844
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    He probably slipped his tongue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #3845
    He just meant Episode 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3846
    And then they release Half Life 2: Episode 2: Chapter 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #3847
    February 2009
    1,909 Posts
    Half life 3: aftermath
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

8. Post #3848
    Valve did say that Ep3 would be HL2's story arc ending. If I remember correctly, they mentioned it was the end of Gordon's arc or some shit. HL3, if there ever is going to be one, will probably feature somebody or somewhere else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10 (list)

9. Post #3849
    December 2009
    8,712 Posts
    No they said it WOULDN'T be the end of gordon's story arc.

God damnit man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #3850
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    they mentioned it was the end of Gordon's arc or some shit.
    :smith:

Edited:

God damnit man.
    Wait what? Now who's right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #3851
    December 2009
    8,712 Posts
    You'll have to shoot one of us.

BUT WHICH ONE IS THE REAL ONE?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

12. Post #3852
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    And then they release Half Life 2: Episode 2: Chapter 1.
    To The White Forest?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Funny Funny x 14Zing Zing x 4 (list)

13. Post #3853
    Random guy
    March 2009
    1,914 Posts
    What if... when Valve finishes HL3, they split it into small episodes... and release them a few weeks* apart? More episodes = more money

*Valve time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #3854
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    7,762 Posts
    Valve did say that Ep3 would be HL2's story arc ending. If I remember correctly, they mentioned it was the end of Gordon's arc or some shit. HL3, if there ever is going to be one, will probably feature somebody or somewhere else.
    And I remember hearing Episode 1 was going to be called Aftermath with Alyx as the main protagonist. How that turned out...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

15. Post #3855
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,760 Posts
    And I remember hearing Episode 1 was going to be called Aftermath with Alyx as the main protagonist. How that turned out...
    they never said that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

16. Post #3856
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,324 Posts
    I still wish they included the Greenish combine with red eyes. Looked pretty good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #3857
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,402 Posts
    they never said that
    I slightly remember something with Aftermath, but not anything with Alyx.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #3858
    August 2010
    854 Posts
    We can wait more, just be it fine and long enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

19. Post #3859
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,681 Posts
    And then we get Half-Life 3: Episode 3
    Well, IMO, Half Life 2 was different from Half Life 1. Half Life 2 Episodes 1 and 2 were very similar to Half Life 2. If they're going to continue the current story (Going somewhere in that fancy helicopter) they should call it Half Life 2 Episode 3, and not Half Life 3.

Also, it would make more sense if Half Life 3 would have a new engine, as Half Life 2 also has a new engine after Half Life 1.
    Valve has stated in the past that it may have been more appropriate to have called the episodes HL3:Ep1-2-3 instead of HL2.

It would be the end of the current HL story arc, not Gordon's.

Aftermath, yes. Starring Alyx instead of Gordon, no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #3860
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    I slightly remember something with Aftermath, but not anything with Alyx.
    EP1 was originally to be called Aftermath. But yea, nothing to do with Alyx being the main protagonist here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #3861
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,561 Posts
    I think Aftermath originally comprised EP1 and EP2, but then they split them.

That is why they had an Episode 2 trailer ready so soon for release with EP1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3862
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,681 Posts
    I think Aftermath originally comprised EP1 and EP2, but then they split them.

That is why they had an Episode 2 trailer ready so soon for release with EP1.
    Aftermath was just Ep1, as I recall. But they worked on all three episodes pretty close to one another.

Listen to the Ep2 commentary and notice how many times they discuss Ep3 and the work they were doing on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

23. Post #3863
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,561 Posts
    There were hunters on the concept cover of Half Life 2:Aftermath

http://www.desura.com/company/valve/images/office-tour4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #3864
    gay as h*ck
    January 2012
    2,009 Posts

God damnit man.
    Nope. They said it's the end of Gordon's story (He saves the world and stuff). But not Half-Life story (ex. cancelled episode 4).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3865
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    Mini Striders
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Vietnam Show Events

26. Post #3866
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,681 Posts
    Nope. They said it's the end of Gordon's story (He saves the world and stuff). But not Half-Life story (ex. cancelled episode 4).
    Episode 3 concludes the trilogy that tells the story of the events which directly follow the destruction of a major Combine portal at the end of Half-Life 2. Valve has stated that the culmination of all three episodes effectively stand as Half-Life 3, though they haven’t said if this will be the end of the series, or merely the end of the current story arc.
    Source.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 4 (list)

27. Post #3867
    gay as h*ck
    January 2012
    2,009 Posts
    edit:
    "In December 2007, Episode Three was said to be only the end of the current Half-Life 2 story arc, not the end of the overall Half-Life franchise, nor the episodic releases, with even more episodic games unconnected to the current story arc to be made."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events

28. Post #3868
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,681 Posts
    Old news. Didn't you hear about episode 4 getting cancelled.
    The quote I posted was in response to your statement about Gordon's story, not Episode 4. But yes, I am aware of the "Return to Ravelholm" situation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

29. Post #3869
    June 2005
    94 Posts
    I was just about to comment on Episode Four! (Well, okay, I did. But then I saw the post above and quickly edited.)

30. Post #3870
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,561 Posts
    Mini Striders
    That was their name before episode 2 came out, they're the same thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #3871
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    5,128 Posts
    I'd be more than alright with them releasing it as HL3 if it had Episodes 1 and 2 included, updated with the new version of Source and all that.

32. Post #3872
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,050 Posts
    hey remember this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 24Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #3873
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,681 Posts
    That's pretty sexy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #3874
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,760 Posts
    I still wish they included the Greenish combine with red eyes. Looked pretty good.
    when you think about it, that fits in with the combine atmosphere way better than the red and brown gear of the shotgun soldiers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #3875
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,017 Posts
    What would be cool in HL3 is if an oldish (50-60) resistance member who was previously a grunt recognizes Gordon and dislikes him for killing his friends at Black Mesa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #3876
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,092 Posts
    What would be cool in HL3 is if an oldish (50-60) resistance member who was previously a grunt recognizes Gordon and dislikes him for killing his friends at Black Mesa.
    Except that Black Mesa was destroyed in Atomic Explosion... And people in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Slovakia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #3877
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,127 Posts
    It turns out it was one of the guards    that dragged you into that crushing area (the part Shephard witnesses in OF)   

And you can kill him   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #3878
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    It turns out it was one of the guards    that dragged you into that crushing area (the part Shephard witnesses in OF)   

And you can kill him   
    I don't want to sound like an asshole, but the witness is Barney.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #3879
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,017 Posts
    Except that Black Mesa was destroyed in Atomic Explosion... And people in it.
    Barney escaped, why wouldn't a few grunts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #3880
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,127 Posts
    I don't want to sound like an asshole, but the witness is Barney.
    The scene Barney witnessed then god :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)