1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,163 Posts
    Again, no shit. It's supposed to be a joke to show how bad it is
    Which is why I quoted it in spoiler tags, I lol'd hard at the end of the video when you went "Not good!" ... Jeez, ease up on passing judgement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

2. Post #482
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,099 Posts
    Ohhhhhhhh! No I said MURRICA.

Edited:

In a awful George bush accent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #483
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,893 Posts

You inspired me. I kinda bogged it off the line and short shifted the whole thing(not to mention a bit slowly) so it's like 1-1.5 seconds slower than it could be(i think.) Although, the rpms were a bit higher than it appears, due to the prospective of the camera, and the speed was a smidge lower up to 80(Yeah i'll admit it, i'm sure you guys can figure what the needle was showing from the proper vantage point).

I just don't like to rip through gears because i'm not the best at it, and don't want to tear up my shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #484
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,932 Posts
    Not bad at all. Sounds nice.

Best place to practice your power shifting is when you get on the interstate. It's perfectly legal, and helpful to other motorists, if you absolutely lay into it when you're on that on-ramp. Just make sure you keep your speed down to a level where your grip is more than enough, don't want you running off the road.

Speaking of, I should probably record mine as well. All 14 seconds of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #485
    November 2008
    2,017 Posts
    I'll grab the go pro and rip down the range road for when I get my mail with it tomorrow, if I can't find it I'll do a shakey phone video or just duct tape my phone to my head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #486
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,163 Posts
    I might actually do one of these in my puny lil 106 later today, we'll see how that goes.
    Inb4 my engine blows. (car's as old as me)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,099 Posts
    Oh and before I forget, that wasn't a 0-60 vid or anything. It was just me kind of putting around, I was just wanted you guys to hear the engine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

8. Post #488
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,687 Posts
    all i have are 0-60 videos

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #489
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,163 Posts
    -snip- Nevermind, stupid question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

10. Post #490
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,163 Posts

There we go, stop and goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Edit - Damnit auto merge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #491
    November 2008
    2,017 Posts
    Was too icey out to do a 0-60 so have a cold start, complete with my incredibly deep voice and a very short rev.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

12. Post #492
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    -snip-

wrong thread, meant to post in GD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #493
    November 2010
    895 Posts
    ill go too, the truck i traded for my wk2.
    all stock auto. v6 trd sport tacoma 09 4x4

click on it. trac control kick in on me. not a race just goofing off

ill get a 0-60 in my 81 toyota 4wd if i can make a vid that long lol

Edited:

Not bad at all. Sounds nice.

Best place to practice your power shifting is when you get on the interstate. It's perfectly legal, and helpful to other motorists, if you absolutely lay into it when you're on that on-ramp. Just make sure you keep your speed down to a level where your grip is more than enough, don't want you running off the road.

Speaking of, I should probably record mine as well. All 14 seconds of it.
    i got pulled over for acceleration too quickly in the 2011 mustang gt 6-speed. i pulled out in second and at bout 2k i stepped on it. ran it up to 7k rpm ( just under 65mph) and got pulled over for it. just a verbal warning he called it wreckless acceleration, there was no one beside or in front of me. he was an idiot in a v6 charger. so when he pulled out he stepped on it and spun and jumped to the left lane so i out accelerated him to 65mph speed limit in the right lane, then he went back by me a flying.

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,327 Posts
    So it's not just me that gets that feeling.
    Also, hurrah for my '03 still carrying its original wheel trims. Scratch free when my mother had it, since buckled, chipped and scraped!
    Previous owners I assume curbed the wheeltrims to shreds and replaced them. There's a dent in the bonnet where someone pushed it shut instead of dropped it and there's a huge scrape on the other side of the front bumper, god knows what they did there but it's taken loads of paint off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,932 Posts
    Edited:

i got pulled over for acceleration too quickly in the 2011 mustang gt 6-speed. i pulled out in second and at bout 2k i stepped on it. ran it up to 7k rpm ( just under 65mph) and got pulled over for it. just a verbal warning he called it wreckless acceleration, there was no one beside or in front of me. he was an idiot in a v6 charger. so when he pulled out he stepped on it and spun and jumped to the left lane so i out accelerated him to 65mph speed limit in the right lane, then he went back by me a flying.

Sounds like the cop was just jelly then. V6 chargers are an absolute joke, no faster than the 'vics they 'replace' and 100% less reliable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    793 Posts

There we go, stop and goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Edit - Damnit auto merge.
    There needs to be a boring rating for this post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #497
    August 2005
    1,893 Posts
    I honestly like his car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    The car or the video?

19. Post #499
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,417 Posts
    Pic from last year where my car had some cameras fitted thought it looked funny

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

20. Post #500
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,428 Posts

can finally post something in here :D

Edited:

o shit lemme resize lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #501
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,465 Posts
    removed roof rack, still waiting on wheels

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #502
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,599 Posts
    Still wip

Lots of spraypaint later...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #503
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Jesus Psygo, you get that car from Pretoria or something?

24. Post #504
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,428 Posts
    Jesus Psygo, you get that car from Pretoria or something?
    it's called restoration in progress :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

25. Post #505
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,163 Posts
    Please, don't give me THAT much constructive criticism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #506
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    caved

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 18 (list)

27. Post #507
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,854 Posts
    thats not black

it's really dark blue
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #508
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    it's black you shut your mouth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

29. Post #509
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    thats not black

it's really dark blue
    Whatever it is

It's really girly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #510
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Gopro tomorrow, then video. Can't wait, everyone else is (was anyway) posting up videos of their stuff so it's the perfect time i suppose :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #511
    August 2005
    1,893 Posts
    Congrats, it looks nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #512
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,599 Posts
    Going to the junkyard tomorrow, see what I can find for my soon to be Turbobrick

33. Post #513
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    Congratulations! We're picking our one up on Wednesday!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #514
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,972 Posts
    You have gained my respect, and I can promise you you will never be more in love with a car then you're going to be from now on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #515
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

36. Post #516
    August 2005
    1,893 Posts

My modest honda civic needed to be washed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #517
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,972 Posts
    , on Flickr

Now that I've accumulated some miles I want to do something to it. I'm looking into some CAIs but since this is the first time I've looked into anything like that I basically don't know what to look for/or if they are worth it. Pros would be slight HP/TQ/(mpg?) gains (and sound...) but how about hydrolocking or increased wear on the engine (due to less filtering?). Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?
    My boss had a MS3, the only things he did to it was a test pipe and cat-back... car was still a complete monster with no negative side effects.

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    What spec is your MX5? the one we're picking up on Wednesday is a S-special with the LSD and extra bracing and Bilstein suspension, its the 1.6 too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #519
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,932 Posts

My modest honda civic needed to be washed.

Going by that picture it's already spotless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

40. Post #520
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,951 Posts
    Going by that picture it's already spotless.
    Not "needs"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)