1. Post #881
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,033 Posts
    Actually, the 5 speed in the R33 had a 0.759 5th gear, where the R34's Getrag had a 0.79 6th.
    And the T6060 I'd use would have a .56 sixth.

You think that getrag would mate up to an LS9 anytime this century? Fuck no. Everything's completely wrong for that. Bellhousing pattern, depth, input shaft, spline count, everything. Not even close. Besides that, the LS9 would shred it a new asshole even if it did. I'd end up putting as much money into it to beef it up to the point it could handle 600FT Lbs as I would spend on an off-the-shelf ZR-1 spec Tremec T-6060.

If i went the LS9 route the getrag gearbox would be dead weight to me. Wouldn't be worth spending the money to modify it to fit and withstand the torque when the same dosh would buy a ZR1-spec Tremec six speed with double overdrive that's designed for that very engine in the first place. I'd only consider keeping it if I went with a Jap V8 that stands half a chance of mating up to it, though I'd still end up spending a bit to beef the internals up. I'd do at least 500HP 500FT LBs.
    Tell all those guys running powerglides to start running more gears. I'm sure they'll gladly start doing that.
    Drag racing sucks as far as specators go. It's six to fifteen seconds of engine noise followed by ten minutes of commercials and fucking announcer blabble. I'd honestly rather watch Nascar.

Oh, and I suppose F1 teams are derp for using 7-speed boxes, right? They've got 800HP and 500KG cars, better power/weight than that big block Chevelle at the drags. By your logic they should be using two speeds too. Or at least four speeds, given FIA regs, they're allowed a minimum of four speeds up to a max of seven, plus reverse. But no, they've got seven speeds, and they're the fastest racing machines that are worth watching, able to regularly pull 5Gs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #882
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    I only realize how tall my blazer is when im behind someone, my lights are right at their head level Btw i just got my internet back as a lighting strike fried it monday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #883
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    Drag racing sucks as far as specators go. It's six to fifteen seconds of engine noise followed by ten minutes of commercials and fucking announcer blabble. I'd honestly rather watch Nascar.

i didn't even know they broadcasted drag racing on TV, but going to the track and sitting in the stands is quite honestly one of the most awesome ways i could possibly spend a night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #884
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    watching drag racing is possibly the most boring thing ever. In person or on tv.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #885
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    It's always someone in a mini-van trying to peel out while a guy in a riced Eclipse holds it on the rev limited until it hits green.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #886
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    i feel sorry for you guys

7. Post #887
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    ITT: All drag racing is the same
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #888
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Animal drag racing is where it's at.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #889
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    washingmachine drags at moes tavern

nerdz.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Animal drag racing is where it's at.
    Not the only sport where racing a Viper and a Cobra is potentially lethal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

11. Post #891
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Oh hey look what I just got

More pics tomorrow when there is actually light
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

12. Post #892
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    Nice b-rad! You'll have to let me crash it whenever I come up there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #893
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Nice b-rad! You'll have to let me crash it whenever I come up there.
    Totally!

Man, I don't know who that guy is that dumb'd you but I'm sure glad he totally knows our relationship with one another and that you were joking!

Anyways, pics in a little while, I have a bit of work to catch up on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #894
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,612 Posts
    Totally!

Man, I don't know who that guy is that dumb'd you but I'm sure glad he totally knows our relationship with one another and that you were joking!

Anyways, pics in a little while, I have a bit of work to catch up on.
    Are you still planning on a meetup this summer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #895
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Are you still planning on a meetup this summer?
    Maybe, it all depends how things wrap up in the next couple of months.

Edited:

Just took the hood off to install water pump, distributor, and other odds and ends. Might get it fired up sometime tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

16. Post #896
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    439 Posts
    Jeep count as car too?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #897
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,007 Posts
    Damn, clean crawler dude! The decals are awesome.

18. Post #898
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    439 Posts
    Damn, clean crawler dude! The decals are awesome.
    Thanks, I've put a lot of work and pride into her. And yes, I do take her offroad. Not a mall crawler. Should be even moreso when I move to Texas in a week. Loads of land and mud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #899
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Maybe, it all depends how things wrap up in the next couple of months.

Edited:

Just took the hood off to install water pump, distributor, and other odds and ends. Might get it fired up sometime tomorrow.
    lol you've got the worst model corvette. C-4's are slow as dick, and just generally shitty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #900
    November 2008
    2,080 Posts

Pampered as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

21. Post #901
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,612 Posts
    lol you've got the worst model corvette. C-4's are slow as dick, and just generally shitty.
    Haha, maybe the base model.

C4's are pretty much the best track-day platform you can get under $10K.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #902
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,033 Posts
    i didn't even know they broadcasted drag racing on TV, but going to the track and sitting in the stands is quite honestly one of the most awesome ways i could possibly spend a night.
    They do but it's on the lesser known networks. Speed will sometimes show it, ESPN likes to air NHRA stuff.

Speed has the decency to cut the blabber out for the most part, making it bearable enough to watch. ESPN airs it live I think, or at least uncut.
    watching drag racing is possibly the most boring thing ever. In person or on tv.

I imagine it's pretty fun as a driver. I just don't think it's any good from a spectator's POV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #903
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Uh. Okay?

Why the hate for the C4? I love the looks personally, the digital dash is spiffy and slightly retro, the platform is new enough to be similar to the latest setup but early enough to carry over the small block Chevrolet engine. It's really the best of both worlds. It has a better chassis than the C3 and its power plants were stronger or on par with any other 'Vette from 1973 and up. By the time the C4 went out of production you could get one in trims producing more power than the new LS1 equipped C5.

Contrary to popular belief, they were NOT the slowest Corvette. The base model 1984 Corvette was running 0-60 a full second faster than the big bad 327 powered '68. The ZR1 C4 was pulling 0-60 times on par with the modern LS2 powered C6! The slowest Corvette overall was in fact the C3 -- ALL of the slowest Corvettes are all in the C3 generation. Even the biggest, baddest 427 powered C3 is a tenth of a second slower from 0-60 than a stock LT1-powered C4.

It's a shame, really, that people downtalk the C4 Corvette as if it is "the worst corvette" when in reality it was faster, more reliable (Except for the one year of crossfire injection -- which it carried over from the C3), stronger, and carried superior handling over the previous generations. I think its radical looks drove people to begin talking bad about it, to make them feel better about their outdated fiberglass coffins that they had paid too much for already.

Regardless; at the end of the day I still have a Corvette, last I checked. And it's been my dream car for a little while.

And I'm fucking proud of myself for finally having earned one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16 (list)

24. Post #904
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,694 Posts
    Uh. Okay?

Why the hate for the C4? I love the looks personally, the digital dash is spiffy and slightly retro, the platform is new enough to be similar to the latest setup but early enough to carry over the small block Chevrolet engine. It's really the best of both worlds. It has a better chassis than the C3 and its power plants were stronger or on par with any other 'Vette from 1973 and up. By the time the C4 went out of production you could get one in trims producing more power than the new LS1 equipped C5.

Contrary to popular belief, they were NOT the slowest Corvette. The base model 1984 Corvette was running 0-60 a full second faster than the big bad 327 powered '68. The ZR1 C4 was pulling 0-60 times on par with the modern LS2 powered C6! The slowest Corvette overall was in fact the C3 -- ALL of the slowest Corvettes are all in the C3 generation. Even the biggest, baddest 427 powered C3 is a tenth of a second slower from 0-60 than a stock LT1-powered C4.

It's a shame, really, that people downtalk the C4 Corvette as if it is "the worst corvette" when in reality it was faster, more reliable (Except for the one year of crossfire injection -- which it carried over from the C3), stronger, and carried superior handling over the previous generations. I think its radical looks drove people to begin talking bad about it, to make them feel better about their outdated fiberglass coffins that they had paid too much for already.

Regardless; at the end of the day I still have a Corvette, last I checked. And it's been my dream car for a little while.

congrats, it's a damn fine ride
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #905
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,612 Posts
    Uh. Okay?

Damn right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #906
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,104 Posts
    I like the C4 best too. I'm assuming you're making it look less retarded right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

27. Post #907
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts
    Finally got round to cleaning the beast:

Even did the windows inside and out.

You're just jealous your car doesn't have tables and a clipboard built in ;) - Plus, 58MPG and signature cushion-soft Citroen suspension.
    VV
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

28. Post #908
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,997 Posts
    Shiny! I need to get around to cleaning the inside of my car, there are fingermarks on the back windows from when i bought it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #909
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I like the C4 best too. I'm assuming you're making it look less retarded right?
    I'm ditching the black painted C4 sawblades as soon as I can for something a bit cleaner and not so "80s". I'll also be painting it black eventually, when I can afford it. When it is on the road it'll be my daily driver for a while, I don't drive much so I don't expect to put a lot of miles on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #910
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,425 Posts
    Well if some of you can remember I posted about a month ago that I was thinking of getting a 1984 VW Scirocco for $500. Well about a extra $250 in parts bringing the total to $750 got me this...

Next would be a car wash. ;p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #911
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,054 Posts
    Hello retro volksbro :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

32. Post #912
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts

:D Looks so nice when clean... just gotta fix that rust on the wheel wells.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #913
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts

:D Looks so nice when clean... just gotta fix that rust on the wheel wells.
    That thing has the proportions of a Supra, at least in that lighting. Love those cars, man, and yours is really nice. the wheels look really good on it, Not too big, but enough so that it loses the old-person-car look.

34. Post #914
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    They're slightly smaller. The Supra has a longer front due to the larger, longer engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #915
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    And the nose on the supra isn't fugly.

I really couldn't live with a Prelude like that. I mean, they aren't the worst thing I've ever seen, but definitely the least pretty pre-2000s Honda.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #916
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    And the nose on the supra isn't fugly.

I really couldn't live with a Prelude like that. I mean, they aren't the worst thing I've ever seen, but definitely the least pretty pre-2000s Honda.
    To each their own, I definitely like the exterior of the 5th Gen Prelude more, but I think the 4th Gen just has so much more character. It really tried to be unique, especially with the fully digital dash. I'm really trying hard to find a digital speedo for my car, I wish I had got a 94 or later. :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #917
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I'm not saying it's a terrible car at all, the car is amazing -- except the nose.

I love shit with digital dashes. My C4 happens to be a digital dash model and it's fucking awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

38. Post #918
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    1,016 Posts
    this is my sweetheart :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

39. Post #919
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,054 Posts
    Daaaamn that is... a bit over designed but sexy as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #920
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    1,016 Posts
    its a Dodge Custom Royal 1956 :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)