1. Post #2521
    January 2010
    3,547 Posts
    they had fucking touchscreens in the 80's?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2522
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,347 Posts
    Yea I feel ya on the millage for the Jeep, but I could never part with mine.
    It was a really cool car. I am not used to not having a convertible haha. Both of my cars would spend a hell of a lot more time with the tops down than on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2523
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    ^Damn, that interior is cool. I really liked Gm's "cram digital everything into the dash" phase.
    I really wish you weren't such a bonerhead sometimes, because a lot of the things you like are really cool. <3

You've got a killer attitude though.

Stay sassy~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #2524
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    640 Posts
    they had fucking touchscreens in the 80's?
    this isn't my car but it's the same exact dash setup, and touchscreen tv

i call it the bat mobile ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #2525
    March 2010
    1,653 Posts
    Well, not really a picture, but after the positive feedback on the Ford 4000 I decided to make a video today, so here it is:

Edited:

Well actually it isn't even a car
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

6. Post #2526
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Well, not really a picture, but after the positive feedback on the Ford 4000 I decided to make a video today, so here it is:

Edited:

Well actually it isn't even a car
    I don't care how many dumbs i get this time, but this is seriously my heaven. I love rusty tractors. so fucking sexy.

And i'm not even a redneck, go figure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2527
    January 2010
    3,547 Posts
    this isn't my car but it's the same exact dash setup, and touchscreen tv

i call it the bat mobile ;)
    that's cool as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #2528
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,158 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2529
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    640 Posts
    I was looking around online and saw a few things about my riviera, most people are saying in this shape it's worth about $9,000 USD, what do you guys think? that's an insane price considering i only put..300$ into it and its running good, 100k miles

10. Post #2530
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    I was looking around online and saw a few things about my riviera, most people are saying in this shape it's worth about $9,000 USD, what do you guys think? that's an insane price considering i only put..300$ into it and its running good, 100k miles
    If you can find someone willing to pay 9k flat for it, then go for it, but otherwise keep it. It's a damn clean car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2531
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    640 Posts
    Gonna post it on craigslist for 9,000 and see if i get any offers, i absolutely love this car and really don't want to get rid of it, but for that price..can't really resist, hard to get rid of such a nice car but i need the money

12. Post #2532
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,471 Posts
    I have to say that this accord has been one of the few cars which I've liked with aftermarket headlights.

13. Post #2533
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Gonna post it on craigslist for 9,000 and see if i get any offers, i absolutely love this car and really don't want to get rid of it, but for that price..can't really resist, hard to get rid of such a nice car but i need the money
    You can get a nice sporty car for what, 3 grand? and then save the rest or invest it in your new car with plenty left over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2534
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    640 Posts
    You can get a nice sporty car for what, 3 grand? and then save the rest or invest it in your new car with plenty left over.
    Yeah i love classic cars, older muscle cars, anything in the 60's or 70's i love if in the right condition

and i found these two which are just absolutely beautiful to me, check em out! (:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3143322671.html
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/3139395528.html

15. Post #2535
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,480 Posts
    Yeah i love classic cars, older muscle cars, anything in the 60's or 70's i love if in the right condition

and i found these two which are just absolutely beautiful to me, check em out! (:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/3143322671.html
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/3139395528.html
    God damn why are cars so cheap every where else

An AMC or Rambler in shitty shape with the slow 304 or 232 engine are all like $4000 or more in Florida, and a Nova in the same shape as the one you linked are like 2-4 times more expensive.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/3097226966.html
    why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #2536
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    God damn why are cars so cheap every where else

An AMC or Rambler in shitty shape with the slow 304 or 232 engine are all like $4000 or more in Florida, and a Nova in the same shape as the one you linked are like 2-4 times more expensive.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/3097226966.html
    why
    Stop trying to justify your purchase of an overpriced car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #2537
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,613 Posts
    Stop trying to justify your purchase of an overpriced car.
    I'm looking at tampa, all the avalons are like 3 grand.

Hell he could buy this for 1.5k more which makes the avalon look like a joke.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/3111337365.html

18. Post #2538
    April 2011
    3,179 Posts
    I'm looking at tampa, all the avalons are like 3 grand.

Hell he could buy this for 1.5k more which makes the avalon look like a joke.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/3111337365.html
    that is a seriously nice car

19. Post #2539

September 2011
    106 Posts
    I don't know if I ever shared this one...it's my friends car that some other friends and I may have damaged...on accident of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #2540
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    it looks like plastic

21. Post #2541
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,158 Posts
    that poor accord

22. Post #2542
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Just super thin sheet metal. Honda is bad about using super thim metal for body panels, it got thinner around '96 too. They ding pretty badly, and wad up too. Definitely not a fun repair if they are mangled.

Cheap cars, what do you expect? Meh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #2543
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    640 Posts
    had a few minor problems this morning, worked it out though! she's back up and running pretty damn good. sorry about the music didn't think my phone would pickup that much audio from it.

24. Post #2544
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    919 Posts
    had a few minor problems this morning, worked it out though! she's back up and running pretty damn good. sorry about the music didn't think my phone would pickup that much audio from it.

Music fits for some reason. And I love that dash. Makes me wonder why this technology wasn't pursued further until the late 2000's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

25. Post #2545
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,465 Posts
    yeah I don't want to be reading tiny font when I can just reach for a switch or something

26. Post #2546
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,480 Posts
    Makes me wonder why this technology wasn't pursued further until the late 2000's.
    Because they were notoriously unreliable in some cars, and people complained about them being expensive to maintain and hard to read in certain lighting conditions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

27. Post #2547
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Fucking pinestraw.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #2548
    November 2008
    2,041 Posts
    Dat clear coat flaking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #2549
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Dat clear coat flaking
    pretty common on that body silverado.

30. Post #2550
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,883 Posts
    pretty common on that body silverado.
    I've notice that too. But on almost all GM vehicles around that time.

Very Common if I say.

31. Post #2551
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Yeah GM used some pretty shitty clearcoat back then. Although GM's never been known for durable paint.

32. Post #2552
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    GM's paint all through the mid-80s through the 90s was terrible, in 1998 (Or 99, I forget) they finally switched to decent paint again. Every Chevy truck I've seen in that era has had terrible paint damage just from age, not neglect.

If I recall correctly they were experimenting with a new water-based paint (or some other terrible base for a paint) and, well, in the end, it was a terrible run.

And clearcoat is just always hard to keep right. I like it because it looks nice and adds more shine when waxed, but under a lot of sunlight, any clear coat starts to peel. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

33. Post #2553
    November 2008
    2,041 Posts
    The clear coat on my ram peals also, must be some new paint they introduced in the 90s because any paint before that NEVER pealed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

34. Post #2554
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,091 Posts
    Clear coat? What's that?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

35. Post #2555
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,883 Posts
    I got bored at work and made this.

(Apply's to PYC because my Audi is behind that Greenish Trailblazer.)

Double parked. Residential style!
    Ohgod just looked at it, Don't look at the cat on the porch.

Something went freddy krueger all up on my clearcoat.

36. Post #2556
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    another edition of a cool car in the foreground but then my car just kinda sitting in the back ground

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #2557
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    another edition of a cool car in the foreground but then my car just kinda sitting in the back ground

Brostang envy

38. Post #2558

September 2011
    106 Posts
    Twins!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #2559
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,990 Posts

New photo! ...It is supposed to be my car

Tried out a drawing board. Too bad I can't draw for shit   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #2560
    January 2009
    614 Posts
    Not a car, but I just picked this up from the dealer earlier today.
    I'd say not bad for my first vehicle, but I'll be paying it off for the next 3-5 years.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)