1. Post #641
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    Anybody willing to sell there car? :P
    $8500 and it's yours.

It's a '97 Chevy Lumina.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #642
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,412 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Dodge Caravan with illegal tint?!? you're such a rebel man I'm jealous

Edited:

Woops, didn't see that there was another page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #644

November 2010
    510 Posts
    Dodge Caravan with illegal tint?!? you're such a rebel man I'm jealous

Edited:

Woops, didn't see that there was another page
    I know right, fuck da po-lease.

Really though, it's to keep sun mostly out of my face and make it hard for people to see what's inside so I don't get my expensive stereo stolen.

Edit: Plus I don't think my windshield is too far tinted so I doubt I'm ever going to get in trouble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,165 Posts
    So I brought my GoPro back to life, it still had battery in one of my batteries, so I decided to mount it on my dash, and take a little video to see how it was, I had 22 mins of footage and just uploaded 5, since well, it's for the sake of it.

And I am sharing the video here :
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #646
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    I know right, fuck da po-lease.

Really though, it's to keep sun mostly out of my face and make it hard for people to see what's inside so I don't get my expensive stereo stolen.

Edit: Plus I don't think my windshield is too far tinted so I doubt I'm ever going to get in trouble.
    Yeah, the legal limits are silly. Here it's 27%, and mine is 15% which is just the right amount of tint. Not too dark, but you can't see easily inside either.

Is your entire windshield tinted? That's illegal, but I'm sure you already knew that. I don't think many cops pay attention to tint though, I've been pulled over before and no mention of my tint was made

7. Post #647

November 2010
    510 Posts
    Yeah, the legal limits are silly. Here it's 27%, and mine is 15% which is just the right amount of tint. Not too dark, but you can't see easily inside either.

Is your entire windshield tinted? That's illegal, but I'm sure you already knew that. I don't think many cops pay attention to tint though, I've been pulled over before and no mention of my tint was made
    I think it's at 50%, can't remember though as it was done a long time ago.

8. Post #648
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    50% isn't too noticeable, for some reason I thought it was much darker

9. Post #649

November 2010
    510 Posts
    50% isn't too noticeable, for some reason I thought it was much darker
    It may be higher, or it's just the complete lack of light in my garage. I'll take another pic after I'm done washing it tomorrow, it's filthy as hell anyway. My rims in particular have so much grime caked on, ugh. Although at least they're polished aluminum and not the crappy plastic hubcaps you see on most.

10. Post #650
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Are you saying that there are hubcaps out there that aren't shitty?

11. Post #651

November 2010
    510 Posts
    Are you saying that there are hubcaps out there that aren't shitty?
    Haha not at all, just that I'm glad I don't have any. :D

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,902 Posts
    So I brought my GoPro back to life, it still had battery in one of my batteries, so I decided to mount it on my dash, and take a little video to see how it was, I had 22 mins of footage and just uploaded 5, since well, it's for the sake of it.

And I am sharing the video here :
    Heh, nice. I've got a mount for my phone that lets me use it as a dash cam. Tested it out a couple days ago, taped an hour and a half before the battery got low.

Not sure how much I'll upload though, I had my dad with me and I don't think the two of us shut up for five seconds the entire trip.

Also, I need to flip the footage, my mount gets in the way if I have my phone right way up. Has to be upside down for a clear shot.

My nearly mint space capsule reporting for duty. Crappy cellphone pic, front view only.

Fun fact: My window tint level is illegal in most states :)

Also, for some reason I love the look of these things.
    I wish you the best of luck with that thing. I have had absolutely horrible luck with Chryslers, thanks in no small part to a '94 and '96 Caravan, to the point I refuse Mopar anything if it's 1985 or newer.

You actually shifted into first gear on a stock gearbox and tranny at 3k revs of the 2nd gear? It might be because I drive a relatively old car and have tranny issues (no pun intended ) but I'd never think of dropping into first unless I really needed to stop fast or if I'm basically stopped.

I'd throw a rod if I did that! 3K in second puts me at about 55MPH, 3K in first is about 25. Redline is 4100.

New CRX with GSR swap get!

Niice. Not molested, well done, good condition. I'd drive it.

I've had a cop behind me when I engine braked he was not happy.
    But I was doing it hard like shifting into 2ed @5k rpm's letting it die to 3k and shift into 1st.

Got a warning for it. Not my fault I was going 60 thin 30 thin 5mph
    If I downshift like that people hit the deck. All the popping and snorting sounds like gunfire, funny seeing the paranoid folks in crowds run for cover after hearing it.

i engine brake to a stop since coasting to a light wastes more fuel and I also have less vacuum power so there is a noticeable amount of extra braking effort needed

I haven't had power brakes for four years now. Man up brah, it isn't hard to stop a car with no booster, you should still be able to lock up/trigger your ABS with no vacuum assist at all.

IMO that should be a requirement to get a license, being able to stop and steer a modern vehicle with no hydraulic steering assist and no vacuum brake assist. Engines die all the time, for silly reasons, people need to be able to maintain control of a car without the engine's assistance.

Anybody willing to sell there car? :P
    You couldn't part me from my pickup if you had enough money to pay off the US Debt six times over. :p

That thing may be barely worth it's weight in scrap metal to anyone else, but it's got tons of sentimental value. It's always come through for us when everything else refused to work. I intend to see it up to 350,000 miles and beyond.

13. Post #653
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    I posted it in General Discussion and everyone seemed to not care or not see it, it got passed by so fucking quick. And since everyone is posting theirs here, i figured i would, too. It's not really a bad watch to be honest, other than the fact that i was only able to go up about 1/4 of the way before i saw some cops pulling a guy over on one of the higher turns...So i turned around. Anyways:

First we show off...

Then we drive

If you look above my mirror around 2 minutes in, you can kinda see why i slow way down and eventually turn around..My luck I'd get pulled over again...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    You really don't know that car very well haha.

We're having a hell of a time with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

15. Post #655
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,902 Posts
    You really don't know that car very well haha.

We're having a hell of a time with it.
    Going on those pictures it looks like it's in good shape. Must be a wreck beneath the skin.

16. Post #656
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Not really a wreck beneath the skin, the guy we got it off of wasn't smart about swapping, hacked up the harness a bit. Body is pretty decent, other than mismatch sunroof and the core support missing the T-bar so it bent down (Jap got a new T bar yesterday). And the driver's fender is a bit mangled but it's not too bad.

Mostly the guy took ALL of the interior apart, every bit, and left it apart. And the tranny only likes to go into a few gears.... when it feels like it.

Luckily we picked up a pair of B16 trannies last night.

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,902 Posts
    Ahh. I had an old '72 C10 like that once. 250 I6, three-on-the-tree, 2WD. The prev owners had used a twig to plug a vacuum line, they used a four-speed floor shifter to convert it, the brakes were shot, the wiring was shot, the steering box had 90 degrees of play in it, the right front ball joints were fried, and the clutch was shot. Oh, and there was some significant floorpan rot, and one bed side was all crumpled up like it had been tagged by a bulldozer or something.

Ended up scrapping it after the engine just died. Drove it into town once day, got out of Autozone with a new air filter for it and it made it another 100 yards. After that, it only coughed out the intake like the timing was off, yet the timing wasn't actually off. Maybe it was something as simple as an intake valve stuck open, idunno, but that thing was absolutely junk. Not worth trying to restore.

Such a shame, too. I liked that truck. Wouldn't mind another '67-'72 C10, but I'd insist on finding one that wasn't rednecked this time.

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Yeah, alot of those 67-72s are rednecked out around here. It's a shame, some of the last genuinely good looking Chevy pickups. The generation after that is just a box on wheels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #659

November 2010
    510 Posts
    Heh, nice. I've got a mount for my phone that lets me use it as a dash cam. Tested it out a couple days ago, taped an hour and a half before the battery got low.

Not sure how much I'll upload though, I had my dad with me and I don't think the two of us shut up for five seconds the entire trip.

Also, I need to flip the footage, my mount gets in the way if I have my phone right way up. Has to be upside down for a clear shot.

I wish you the best of luck with that thing. I have had absolutely horrible luck with Chryslers, thanks in no small part to a '94 and '96 Caravan, to the point I refuse Mopar anything if it's 1985 or newer.

I'd throw a rod if I did that! 3K in second puts me at about 55MPH, 3K in first is about 25. Redline is 4100.

If I downshift like that people hit the deck. All the popping and snorting sounds like gunfire, funny seeing the paranoid folks in crowds run for cover after hearing it.

I haven't had power brakes for four years now. Man up brah, it isn't hard to stop a car with no booster, you should still be able to lock up/trigger your ABS with no vacuum assist at all.

IMO that should be a requirement to get a license, being able to stop and steer a modern vehicle with no hydraulic steering assist and no vacuum brake assist. Engines die all the time, for silly reasons, people need to be able to maintain control of a car without the engine's assistance.

You couldn't part me from my pickup if you had enough money to pay off the US Debt six times over. :p

That thing may be barely worth it's weight in scrap metal to anyone else, but it's got tons of sentimental value. It's always come through for us when everything else refused to work. I intend to see it up to 350,000 miles and beyond.
    So far it's still working great. I need a new alternator and tires soon, but other than that it's all good. The 41TE ultradrive still shifts pretty smooth given the mileage. Although now that I've talked about it it's probably going to destroy itself when I start it tomorrow, lulz.

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,894 Posts
    out with the old, in with the new

Took the 'rolla out with my camera to an old tarmac I like to drive on

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #661
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,895 Posts

I'd rather have the old one, thank you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 23Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,165 Posts
    The new one is a gold age colored Toy Worldmostboringcar! Are you 50+?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,687 Posts

fcuk you UP!

24. Post #664
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,894 Posts
    I'd rather have the old one, thank you
    It had to go for bad suspension issues.

bad to the point where I can't drive it to texas, which I need to.

Edited:

The new one is a gold age colored Toy Worldmostboringcar! Are you 50+?
    It may not be an old ricey tuner but I like it.

It's also a manual, while the old one was unfortunately an automatic.

25. Post #665
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,165 Posts
    It may not be an old ricey tuner but I like it.
    And it's what really counts!

Riced out corolla freaks me out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

26. Post #666
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

Yup.

27. Post #667
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,894 Posts
    And it's what really counts!

Riced out corolla freaks me out.
    If I had my choice there was an unmolested AE86 I wanted to turn into a sleeper, but I haven't got a garage and needed something reliable to travel in, so I went with this after I found out I couldn't afford the Lancer they had at the dealer. It's surprisingly springy and quick on it's feet for a commuter economy sedan. At first I felt a bit like a geometry teacher but it's really grown on me now.

28. Post #668
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    It's fucking muddy behind my shop.

Edited:

FUCK YOU RAPING MY MERGE

Edited:

D:<
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #669
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    [QUOTE=Strider_07;35097659]out with the old, in with the new

You know how much I love your Camry. Anti-Corolla.
    What's the Camry heading next?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,894 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dip;35100434]

You know how much I love your Camry. Anti-Corolla.
    What's the Camry heading next?
    My Brother needs a car, being that he's learning to drive, and in exchange for a loan from my mother (to help boost my down on the Corolla), I'm passing it off to him. It seemed like a fitting place for it, even when the dealer offered to take it in trade. (I couldn't bare to see my Camry go to the scrapper)

Nonetheless, I love it too. It's been a faithful companion despite the bad suspension that bottoms out on speed bumps, the wibbly tie rods that make it pull to one side if you let go of the wheel, the wonky power steering at low speeds, the leaky head gasket it came with, the bad washer nozzles, the dents and scrapes and bad paint and the slow leak in the driver's tire immediately after I replaced them all.

31. Post #671
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    [QUOTE=Strider_07;35100617]

My Brother needs a car, being that he's learning to drive, and in exchange for a loan from my mother (to help boost my down on the Corolla), I'm passing it off to him. It seemed like a fitting place for it, even when the dealer offered to take it in trade. (I couldn't bare to see my Camry go to the scrapper)

Nonetheless, I love it too. It's been a faithful companion despite the bad suspension that bottoms out on speed bumps, the wibbly tie rods that make it pull to one side if you let go of the wheel, the wonky power steering at low speeds, the leaky head gasket it came with, the bad washer nozzles, the dents and scrapes and bad paint and the slow leak in the driver's tire immediately after I replaced them all.
    Well its great to hear that dispite all its many faults it's still being treated properly and actually valued for what it is. Glad it's still in the family.

If it were owned by the kinda person that see's a car as little more than a tool/appliance it would of hit the scrapper years ago. Here's hoping its got plenty more years ahead of it.

Can't be long until it attracts the attention of enthusiasts anyway, surely? If it were in the UK, I guarantee you'd have people at your door and phone numbers left on notes under your wiper.

Also, what's the mileage on it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,464 Posts
    i could, but i don't think my car cares how manly i am on a daily basis

33. Post #673
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,902 Posts
    i could, but i don't think my car cares how manly i am on a daily basis
    Being able to panic stop your car with no vacuum assist is a safety bonus. It has nothing to do with being 'manly'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #674
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    EUREKA!
    It took 4 hours with help from my brother but the stripes are on!
    I can't decide if it looks sporty or rediculous. Either way, I've always wanted a car with stripes.

I greatly dislike silver cars, (naturally, I was given one. Haha) they have no identity and the fact that everyone (literally, there are 10 of them) at college has a silver car makes me dislike the colour more. I can't exactly afford a respray or a new car!

Oh and yes, I am compensating for the Hyundai badge :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #675
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,410 Posts
    Being able to panic stop your car with no vacuum assist is a safety bonus. It has nothing to do with being 'manly'.
    the assist is supposed to still work for a few brakings after the engines turned off, and good luck actually making that thing leak mid drive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

36. Post #676
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    Not a fan of the stripes im afraid, looks like you've done a good job of applying them though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #677
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    You can't see scratches as easily on silver cars
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #678
    September 2008
    2,402 Posts
    And dust
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #679
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    Not a fan of the stripes im afraid, looks like you've done a good job of applying them though.

This.

Very nicely done with applying them but it's the wrong car to put stripes on. Not many cars can pull it off, Hyundais I'm afraid, don't look right with them. Even the Coupes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

40. Post #680
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    Thanks!
    We did it using the dry (one chance only) technique. It was very difficult, we practised with masking tape first then followed the tape lines with the vinyl. The roof was even more difficult.

Yeah, I know it's not the car to put stripes on. But I'm not taking the whole image thing with this that seriously. I'm 19, I'm allowed to be stupid and stupid stripes on Mum's old Hyundai, it's not like I can afford to buy a car worthy of stripes at my age! Haha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)