1. Post #681
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,554 Posts
    EUREKA!
    It took 4 hours with help from my brother but the stripes are on!
    I can't decide if it looks sporty or rediculous. Either way, I've always wanted a car with stripes.

I greatly dislike silver cars, (naturally, I was given one. Haha) they have no identity and the fact that everyone (literally, there are 10 of them) at college has a silver car makes me dislike the colour more. I can't exactly afford a respray or a new car!

Oh and yes, I am compensating for the Hyundai badge :P
    dude that totally gives your hyundai 200 hp right there

Also I bring ye pageking

OMG FOGS

TARBO, well at least I wired up the lights :\

The volt gauge works though :)

My gauges
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #682
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    +118 hp yeahhhh.
    And FYI, mines the upgraded more powerful model Getz.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #683
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,709 Posts
    That engine has barely even got its cherry popped
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #684
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,422 Posts
    My 1984 scirocco is better<3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #685
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

approximately 500,000 miles between these two cars. It's funny actually, the motor that was originally in the CRX was put in the hatch, and the motor in the CRX was built using bits of the motor from the Civic. So I basically swapped motors out. :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #686
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    That engine has barely even got its cherry popped
    The car's nearing the 50,000 mile birthday!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #687
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,794 Posts
    approximately 500,000 miles between these two cars.

Not bad at all. With a bit of care they'll have that each in due time.

the assist is supposed to still work for a few brakings after the engines turned off, and good luck actually making that thing leak mid drive.

You get one good panic stop on the reserve, plus two or three normal ones. Oh, and they do fail mid-drive. The booster in my dad's truck did exactly that, the diaphragm failed and A: made the power brakes not all that power, and it made the engine run like absolute ass. Since the massive vacuum leak in the brake booster made the engine run like ass, the power steering got a bit stiff at idle, and there was less vacuum to operate the already failed booster. Oh, and half the time you'd roll up to a light and it would die entirely if you didn't heel-and-toe it, this was worse when the engine was cold. Oh, and because of the leak, there was zero brake assist the moment the engine died as well.

We fixed it by just cutting two inches off the hose, plugging one end, and mounting that cap on the manifold. The remainder of the hose was removed entirely. Fuck power brakes. We don't need 'em. I haven't had 'em for four years now on mine.

Like I said, being able to safely control a car with 0 power assist is something everyone holding a license should be able to do.

Oh, and my booster? Worked one day. Didn't work the next. No vacuum leak, no odd symptoms, it just worked one day, then the next time I went for a drive I didn't have power brakes. There was no reserve left and there's no vacuum leak. My dad and I suspect a slight leak in the master cylinder filled the booster with brake fluid to the point it no longer boosts, but doesn't interfere with manual brake application.

I don't know. But I'm not in any hurry to replace it. I can still lock the tires up if I need to, so I can still safely stop without it.

Also I bring ye pageking

OMG FOGS

TARBO, well at least I wired up the lights :\

The volt gauge works though :)

My gauges
    I like the font on your gauges, but if it were my cluster, I'd have the water temp reading in degrees(Unit would depend on what unit the country I'm driving it in uses primarily), not "Eeeh, it's in this range somewhere", and I'd have real-time oil PSI gauge and an ampere gauge in there as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #688
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Not bad at all. With a bit of care they'll have that each in due time.
    I drive the shit out of both of them.

Neither of them had complete engines when I got them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #689
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,887 Posts
    I like your stripes, Dip. I get that it wasn't done to make it look totally bad ass, but to look more unique/personal. Plus it's a lot more modest than putting some tribal graphics down the side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #690
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,794 Posts
    I drive the shit out of both of them.

Neither of them had complete engines when I got them.

Hahaha. I'm not afraid to put miles on mine too.

Either of them break 300K yet?

11. Post #691
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    I like your stripes, Dip. I get that it wasn't done to make it look totally bad ass, but to look more unique/personal. Plus it's a lot more modest than putting some tribal graphics down the side.
    Thanks. I just want something a little more extroverted and light hearted. I can't bear the invisible, pass-you-by silver car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #692
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Hahaha. I'm not afraid to put miles on mine too.

Either of them break 300K yet?
    Nah, my parts car has 312k on it though. It still ran but I took the head and block and parted them for separate projects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #693
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,889 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dip;35105833]

Well its great to hear that dispite all its many faults it's still being treated properly and actually valued for what it is. Glad it's still in the family.

If it were owned by the kinda person that see's a car as little more than a tool/appliance it would of hit the scrapper years ago. Here's hoping its got plenty more years ahead of it.

Can't be long until it attracts the attention of enthusiasts anyway, surely? If it were in the UK, I guarantee you'd have people at your door and phone numbers left on notes under your wiper.

Also, what's the mileage on it?
    10964(5 I think)

The guy who owned it before me beat it to shit and left it in a field though.

In California G1/2 Camrys are pretty common, especially G2. My current plan is to pay off the Corolla and use it as my daily driver and find another old Japanese toy (going to save my sheckles for a hachiroku) for myself on the east coast (where I'm eventually moving).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #694
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    [QUOTE=Strider_07;35114542]

10964(5 I think)

The guy who owned it before me beat it to shit and left it in a field though.

In California G1/2 Camrys are pretty common, especially G2. My current plan is to pay off the Corolla and use it as my daily driver and find another old Japanese toy (going to save my sheckles for a hachiroku) for myself on the east coast (where I'm eventually moving).
    109? That could be considered low millage for that cars age! Also, they're formally known as S10's over here. Best of luck with it anyway!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #695
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,385 Posts
    More pics from other guys:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #696
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    793 Posts
    More pics from other guys:

:images here:
    Man I wish we could do something like this around where I live.... well we kinda do that already, just with 3 friends rather than 5. Lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,148 Posts
    You make me miss the good ol' days of the summer where we all sat, talking about cars and life, around our cars in some parking. Cruising around and stuff. Bring me a flamethrower so I can melt all this snow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #698
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Man I wish we could do something like this around where I live.... well we kinda do that already, just with 3 friends rather than 5. Lol
    yeah and none of our shit is clean really

the black CRX isn't so bad but the hood is fux0r'd and the clear coat is peeling.

yours is alright just has that one fender and a white sunroof, and your paint is oxidized

I guess none of them are really that bad.

Except my hatch. I need fenders, pronto. And filler panels.

19. Post #699
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    yeah and none of our shit is clean really

the black CRX isn't so bad but the hood is fux0r'd and the clear coat is peeling.

yours is alright just has that one fender and a white sunroof, and your paint is oxidized

I guess none of them are really that bad.

Except my hatch. I need fenders, pronto. And filler panels.
    This. I got a faded door and trunk, clearcoat peeling on the hood, the heated side mirrors are almost turning white, the rims have a fair bit of road rash from the previous owner (Females, pfft) and I could use a new engine if I don't get a new car cause this is nearing 280k (Almost 175k miles). Yet an older 240 has better paint and better interior but needs a buttload of engine work. Should of bought it, if only I had a driveway. >:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

20. Post #700
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,385 Posts
    The first pic was just from the first rendevouz. We met 7 guys there, then went to a second rendevouz where an additional 10 Hondas showed up, and then we drove in line to the meetup place. There was 50ish Hondas in all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

21. Post #701
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    793 Posts
    The first pic was just from the first rendevouz. We met 7 guys there, then went to a second rendevouz where an additional 10 Hondas showed up, and then we drove in line to the meetup place. There was 50ish Hondas in all.
    Loads o' Hondas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #702
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    psh we've had that many hondas sitting in our yards combined

Edited:

almost

23. Post #703
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    724 Posts
    i love that red eg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #704
    July 2007
    433 Posts
    Just got done replacing the headlamp housings, tinting the turn signals, and a few other little things to my Mustang. What do you guys think?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #705
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I am no Ford guy, I hate Ford. But it looks really nice, you did a good job, very subtle mods and they look spectacular.

Thumbs up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #706
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,388 Posts
    Looks really good, I'm a fan of clean looking Mustangs but it's so rare that the owner actually has taste and doesn't add the biggest fucking chrome rims and spray paint random parts (taillights and headlights even) on their car.

If you black out your taillights I swear that I'll kill you :(

27. Post #707
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    Just got done replacing the headlamp housings, tinting the turn signals, and a few other little things to my Mustang. What do you guys think?
    [images]
    Wow, what a beauty. Very nice.

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

29. Post #709
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,385 Posts
    I diggg the rims brad!

Tried editing a photo of my car. I don't know if I over did it honestly. I'm pretty high right now.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #710
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    I diggg the rims brad!

Tried editing a photo of my car. I don't know if I over did it honestly. I'm pretty high right now.

Damn Ferosso, every pic of your civic makes me jelly. Your car is just so damn clean. Did you get it repainted or did you just pick up a really clean one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #711
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,385 Posts
    A really clean one. It's spotless, never driven winter etc. The milage when I got it was 70,000.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

32. Post #712
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Thanks, bro. The rims are slips, of course. 16x7. I traded my gold XXR 521s for them.

I need a front camber kit because I have EG big brakes/knuckles on the front and it threw me positive camber.

I also need to give it a damn good wash, it sat for a long time and is extremely dirty now.

33. Post #713
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,794 Posts
    Honda didn't provide enough adjustment from the factory to compensate?

34. Post #714
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Not for frankenstein suspension setups. Camber remains perfect for stock, but when you go throwing spindles off of other cars on there not everything fits right up. :P

Speaking of which, my dad bought me new tie rods today because mine were worn the fuck out. One was a little slacky, the other was sloppy and dry. Got it all back together already.

No pics though. Now I'm going out to my dad's place to shoot my new .38 Special I bought myself for my birthday.

35. Post #715
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,794 Posts
    Hahaha. My tie rods are worn enough to give me about a quarter turn in the wheel before the wheels react. It's kind of disconcerting when I'm carrying a passenger that isn't familiar with it, they almost always ask me if the front wheels are still attached.

I'm hesitant to fix it though. Part of it is that it's been that way since I bought the truck and hasn't gotten any worse so I'm not in any way worried something's going to break, part of it is replacing all the worn parts will costs about $150 and require power tools I don't have access to, and part of it is that it adds to the character of it.

36. Post #716
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,931 Posts
    Thanks, bro. The rims are slips, of course. 16x7. I traded my gold XXR 521s for them.

I need a front camber kit because I have EG big brakes/knuckles on the front and it threw me positive camber.

I also need to give it a damn good wash, it sat for a long time and is extremely dirty now.
    I like what you've done with your car, and the fact that you boosted it yourself is nothing to frown upon. I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't like that towhook though.

37. Post #717
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,616 Posts

just got it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

38. Post #718
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,148 Posts
    Neat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #719
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,709 Posts
    We need a jealous-rating
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #720
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    Is gonedead0 butthurt or something? He's just dumb spamming. And I agree with Ldesu. Seeing some of the people's cars here make me so jelly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)