1. Post #841
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,460 Posts

75,000 KMs, 7,500€ ... Really good shape, barely any rust in it. Only problem is the left hand side mirror (driver's) is gone, the casing it still there, it's just the actual mirror that's gone.

I'm seriously considering this fucking shit.
    I'd say do it, but don't do what testecull said, keep the 4age and just do stuff to the 4age so you can have epic 1.6 power.

Edited:

unless you're actually american and it's with drum brakes and crap..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #842
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,367 Posts
    Do it. Swap in a throaty N/A or supercharged V6 with headers and a proper 5-speed manual, do something a bit unique. I'd leave it mostly stock on the outside too, catch people out. Hehe. Edited: Nice. Gas or diesel? I'd be more inclined to say it stripped a section of the belt in that case. If they're that tolerant of a few teeth logic says it'd stop running worth a damn before the valves hit anything. I know just a stretched chain in a V8 makes them run like absolute arse, nevermind skipping some teeth. My family's quite religious about changing timing belts. The only one we ever let fail was on a Ford 2300 in my mom's T-bird, and since that's not an interference engine it didn't harm anything internally. That's good. You could put deep dish slugs in it to balance that out if it actually does need some. If not, you could probably have the chambers dished a bit, or get a really thick head gasket to try to alleviate that.
    ...petrol?

Edited:

This android app is so broken
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #843
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,985 Posts
    Brand new belt. I don't think so.
    If the tensioner fails it could strip one seconds after installation.

They aren't TOLERANT of a few teeth in misalignment
    I meant that mechanically, as in it'd tolerate the cam being a few teeth off without smashing valves.

Edited:

...petrol?

Ahh, good.

I'd say do it, but don't do what testecull said, keep the 4age and just do stuff to the 4age so you can have epic 1.6 power.

Blah. Everyone does that. It's dull and boring.

I say the same thing about 5.0 mustangs. Just...every time someone builds one that's what they use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #844
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    If the tensioner fails it could strip one seconds after installation.
    It will not do that on the D series spring-type tensioner. If the tensioner fails, the belt slips -- dogtooth belt. When the tensioner fails it releases all slack, it won't ever fail and tighten up. You will not strip teeth on a D series belt unless it is extremely old or worn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #845
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,168 Posts
    I can't really afford the swap nor the space to have it done in. And I sure as hell am not doing it outside, not here at least.
    Car's European btw.

I think I'd rather tune up the 4AGE, even if it is the boring way out it seems the most reliable and least expensive, considering this isn't America and any V engine is quite expensive to maintain here.

Been trying to make the guy sell it for 7k, I know the 7,5k price isn't bad... But if I can save 500 that's for parts I could potentially buy...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

6. Post #846
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,460 Posts
    even if you do want to do some kind of swap, don't do a v6... it would be wrong to do that to an ae86, even if testecull disagrees or thinks I'm stupid for not liking his ideas.

Edited:

oh and not a v8 either, stick to a 4 banger or a proper japanese inline 6.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #847
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    What about a proper Japanese V8?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #848
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,163 Posts
    get a v3 dual turbo charged

9. Post #849
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,473 Posts
    Brand new belt. I don't think so.

They aren't TOLERANT of a few teeth in misalignment -- one tooth off will make it run like arse, but it will run if you get the dizzy timing way retarded or way advanced depending on the direction the tooth is off -- two teeth will make it spit and pop but not start.

The most likely thing is that the tensioner's spring arm bent, it lost its pull, and when I went to low RPM in 3rd gear going 20~ on Jap's street the crank slipped on the belt a few teeth before catching it again and then the engine died.

I'll be doing a compression check on it when I get it here and timed properly with a new tensioner, to see if I've bent any valves. If I have, I'll pick up a new head. They aren't terribly expensive around here, just a matter of finding one. A complete head would cost the same as replacing two valves in my current one, doing the work myself.
    Speaking of timing belts I have a B16A sitting in a DA which has been holding down the gravel in my front yard until it gets a little warmer and I acquire a set of tappet nuts since 11 of them aren't in the head and only two were still on the tappets..

Anyways my before we had done really anything to it we rewired the ECT sensor so that it would run correctly and it ran rather nicely despite it probably being a tooth off. So my buddy took it for a drive and brought it up to redline, shifted then it totally died out and the red top battery which had been used as a replacement for a properly working alternator was pretty dead.

After that it never ran correctly, wouldn't go over 3k and hesitated and backfired all the way. When I used a timing light it was firing near the TDC mark or TDC lined up near the timing marks or something similar to that. I checked the compression and it was all pretty solid with a 14psi spread. The previous owner said he did a headgasket and a valve adjustment and he hasn't timed it quite right when we bought it.. The headgasket looks like some blue rubber thing, should I just pull the head and replace the headgasket or just call it good and do a valve adjustment and put a new timing belt on it?

I'm just not sure what I should be doing to get it running again. Everyone keeps telling me that it has bent valves but I'm really skeptical since the compression looks perfect for a older motor and it still moved under it's own power.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #850
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,985 Posts
    What about a proper Japanese V8?

A V8 is fine too. Don't see many of them, see even less Japanese V8s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #851
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    Murrican V8 > Wapanese V8

Any day of the week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

12. Post #852
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,163 Posts

Any day of the week.
    Everyone in this forum knows ill take a bullet up the ass and a dick in the mouth before i choose Murrican over japs

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #853
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

Any day of the week.
    >Japanese 242 ci V8 == 290hp

Let's check some equivalent American V8s of the time:
    GM LT1 (350 ci) -- 275-300hp (100 cubic inches == 15 extra horsepower?)
    GM LS1 (347 ci) -- 350hp (65 extra horsepower is still not much for 100+ cid)
    Ford Modular SOHC V8 (281 ci) -- 260hp (during the 1UZ-FE's existance)
    Ford Modular DOHC V8 (281 ci) -- 305hp (It took them supercharging it to get 390hp later on)

As far as Chrysler.... Let's not look into that. At the time they had shit all for powerplants.

As far as I'm concerned the Japanese are even better and building V8s than we are.

Japanese Muscle is the shit, wish they would have mated tiny Jap V8s to these originally:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #854
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    FUCK THAT 302ci 215 HORSEPOWER ALL DAY ERRY DAY

AMERICA!

Edited:

>Japanese 242 ci V8 == 290hp

Let's check some equivalent American V8s of the time:
    GM LT1 (350 ci) -- 275-300hp (100 cubic inches == 15 extra horsepower?)
    GM LS1 (347 ci) -- 350hp (65 extra horsepower is still not much for 100+ cid)
    Ford Modular SOHC V8 (281 ci) -- 260hp (during the 1UZ-FE's existance)
    Ford Modular DOHC V8 (281 ci) -- 305hp (It took them supercharging it to get 390hp later on)

As far as Chrysler.... Let's not look into that. At the time they had shit all for powerplants.

As far as I'm concerned the Japanese are even better and building V8s than we are.

Japanese Muscle is the shit, wish they would have mated tiny Jap V8s to these originally:

btw not arguing here but the DOHC supercharged engine they put in 03/04 cobras actually put out closer to 430 horsepower

EDIT:

AMERICA! and so on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #855
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    >implying any amurrican v8 engines from 1990-2009 were any good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #856
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

AMERICA!

Edited:

btw not arguing here but the DOHC supercharged engine they put in 03/04 cobras actually put out closer to 430 horsepower

EDIT:

AMERICA! and so on
    I'm sure the 1uZ-FE could put out some ponies with a nice supercharger on it.

I'm shocked it's not a more widely developed platform. It's the best of both worlds: efficient Japanese engine + Roaring V8 layout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #857
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    >implying any amurrican v8 engines from 1990-2009 were any good

ford 4.6 DOHC engines were fantastic imo

also the 351 in the cobra R

18. Post #858
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Great engine, yeah. One of the best V8s of their time; small package, plenty of power.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #859
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts

AMERICA!

Edited:

EDIT:

AMERICA! and so on
    do you ever drive at night in the freezing cold with the top down?

me and my friend do

20. Post #860
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,163 Posts
    Hardcore muscle car drivers live by these rules (If they have convertibles)

1 - Top down 24/7
    2 - Remain outside in public reachable areas 24/7
    3 - Any car related devices must remain in the car and cannot be removed, Ex: GPS, Car Stero if your one of those people who take theres off there unit or something
    4 - Shovel in trunk 24/7 to shovel out snow in winter from your interior, Towel to put on seat to help the wetness of your chair after rain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #861
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    I'd always worry about having a convertible.
    If it started to rain while you were driving, would it screw shit up before you could get the roof up? Like the speakers, electronics, etc?

22. Post #862
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,985 Posts

also the 351 in the cobra R

The 4.6 mod motors couldn't breath for shit. The twin cam heads alleviated that in exchange for an enormous footprint, larger physically than a 460ci big block that made twice the power with about a quarter the complexity.

I'm not a fan of the modulars. Not at all. They're reliable wheezers put in grandpa cars.

Edited:

Let's see here....

Proper V8 noises: Check

Proper V8 power: Check.

V6 handling: Check.

Verdict: If it has three pedals I'd drive the hell out of it.

The one problem with the Japanese V8s is cost. They're not very common so they're expensive to buy, and parts are expensive to buy as well. A crate LS9 makes as much power for a third the cost, even if it does need significantly more displacement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #863
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,163 Posts
    I'd always worry about having a convertible.
    If it started to rain while you were driving, would it screw shit up before you could get the roof up? Like the speakers, electronics, etc?
    Going for drive? Type area code in google. see anything but just a sun then tops up.

24. Post #864
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Yeah, but it's always the possibility. Like that Mythbusters episode where they drove the Porsche in the rain with the top down. Made me hurt inside.

25. Post #865
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    i drove for an hour in heavy snow with the top down it's not that bad

Edited:

Hardcore muscle car drivers live by these rules (If they have convertibles)

1 - Top down 24/7

yes

2 - Remain outside in public reachable areas 24/7

what do you mean by this?

3 - Any car related devices must remain in the car and cannot be removed, Ex: GPS, Car Stero if your one of those people who take theres off there unit or something

also what?

4 - Shovel in trunk 24/7 to shovel out snow in winter from your interior, Towel to put on seat to help the wetness of your chair after rain

the towel one is true but not the shovel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #866
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    The one problem with the Japanese V8s is cost. They're not very common so they're expensive to buy, and parts are expensive to buy as well. A crate LS9 makes as much power for a third the cost, even if it does need significantly more displacement.
    Picking up a second hand 1UZ-FE is going to cost you under a grand generally. Manual tranny is available but you'll have to buy an aftermarket bellhousing.

Really they aren't as expensive as you'd think they would be. They are cheaper than LS engines and aren't far from making the same power out of a much smaller package.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #867
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,163 Posts
    i drove for an hour in heavy snow with the top down it's not that bad

Edited:
    Means your in the projects of detriot? Keep that shit on the street with GPS still on the dash or window and some people have the radio units where you can take off the front of it so people dont go into your car to steal your radio

28. Post #868
    July 2010
    763 Posts
    V8's in small cars, yeah us Australians did that. A Holden Torana legendary car over here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #869
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,460 Posts
    whatever, do what you want with it, i can't be assed giving my opinion on anything here anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

30. Post #870
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    V8's in small cars, yeah us Australians did that. A Holden Torana legendary car over here.
    We put V8's in front wheel drive cars!

Wait...

31. Post #871
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,985 Posts
    Picking up a second hand 1UZ-FE is going to cost you under a grand generally. Manual tranny is available but you'll have to buy an aftermarket bellhousing.

Really they aren't as expensive as you'd think they would be. They are cheaper than LS engines and aren't far from making the same power out of a much smaller package.
    I did a for-giggles lookup for a 1UZ-FE in my area and it came out to around twice the cost of an LS9. They may be cheaper to buy where you live, but where I am you've got to be fairly loaded. I also only found one within a hundred miles.

I may be more inclined to ship one from outside my area if I ever get my hands on one of my dream cars though. I've always wanted to build a V8 R34 Skyline, mainly because the cars look awesome, V8s sound awesome, and it'd be somewhat unique. The LS9 would more or less convert it to RWD, a 1UZ-FE may let me keep the AWD if I can mate it to the existing 6-speed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

32. Post #872
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I did a for-giggles lookup for a 1UZ-FE in my area and it came out to around twice the cost of an LS9. They may be cheaper to buy where you live, but where I am you've got to be fairly loaded. I also only found one within a hundred miles.

I may be more inclined to ship one from outside my area if I ever get my hands on one of my dream cars though. I've always wanted to build a V8 R34 Skyline, mainly because the cars look awesome, V8s sound awesome, and it'd be somewhat unique. The LS9 would more or less convert it to RWD, a 1UZ-FE may let me keep the AWD if I can mate it to the existing 6-speed.
    >All R34 Skylines are AWD

Don't get a GT-R, they are overpriced and you'll probably be murdered for dropping a V8 in one. Get a lower model.

Personally I think the R34 is overrated, my favorite Skyline is the R31. Second favorite is the R32, mainly because it's so close to the S13 chassis.

Edited:

I also like the R30 but only in RS trim.

And another thing, why is everyone obsessed with the R34? The R33 was making more power before the R34 even came out and it still had the best engine of the entire series, the RB26DETT. Cheaper, sleeker, maybe easier to import... I don't see the advantage of the R34. I guess it's the looks, but I don't see why. The R34 isn't all that great looking, it's like an Acura Legend in drag. The R33 and back have their own look about them, which is nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

33. Post #873
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,985 Posts
    >All R34 Skylines are AWD

There'd be no room for the front diff if I put an LS9 in there. Erego, I'd have a RWD R34 if I put an LS9 in one.

Don't get a GT-R, they are overpriced and you'll probably be murdered for dropping a V8 in one.
    If they don't like the V8 they can go suck on a rotten donkey dick. My car, my rules. And my rules state V8. Everyone else attaches a jet engine to an RB26 and calls it a day. Yawnsville. I want to do something different. So I'll put a V8 in it, and it will be either naturally aspirated or supercharged. Hell, it's my car, if I want to mount the driver's seat on a pole 15 feet above and behind the car ala Dave's Farm I bloody well will. I wouldn't, it would ruin the car, but if I own it I can do whatever the fuck I want to to it.

They're welcome to buy the old RB26 off me though. I won't be needing it.

The same sentiment is why I'm keeping the I6 in my pickup. Everyone else would throw it away and put in an SBF. I'll just build the six. Do something different. After all, the whole point of modifying and customizing a car is to make it the way you want it, not the way everyone else wants it.
    Get a lower model.
    Lower models don't look as good IMO, and looks are why I want a Skyline in the first place. Well, looks and handling.

And another thing, why is everyone obsessed with the R34?
    Because they like them? You can ask the same question regarding every popular car on the face of this planet.

The R33 was making more power before the R34 even came out and it still had the best engine of the entire series, the RB26DETT.
    I don't really care, I'd be ripping the RB26 out anyway. Also, R33s had weak gearboxes.
    I guess it's the looks, but I don't see why.
    Looks are subjective. Some people think the Veyron looks good, I think it's fucking hideous. You think the R34 is dull, I think it's one of the best looking cars that Japan has ever produced, right alongside the NSX, 2000GT, 240/280Z, and 240SX.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #874
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    There'd be no room for the front diff if I put an LS9 in there. Erego, I'd have a RWD R34 if I put an LS9 in one.

If they don't like the V8 they can go suck on a rotten donkey dick. My car, my rules. And my rules state V8. Everyone else attaches a jet engine to an RB26 and calls it a day. Yawnsville. I want to do something different. So I'll put a V8 in it, and it will be either naturally aspirated or supercharged.

They're welcome to buy the old RB26 off me though. I won't be needing it.

The same sentiment is why I'm keeping the I6 in my pickup. Everyone else would throw it away and put in an SBF. I'll just build the six. Do something different.
    Lower models don't look as good IMO, and looks are why I want a Skyline in the first place. Well, looks and handling.
    Just about every model of R34 looks the same, a few minor differences are barely noticeable from base model to top level GT-R. Get a GT, drop a V8 and LSD in it, slap an R34 wing on it and call it a fucking day. Or leave the boy racer wing off of it.

Because they like them? You can ask the same question regarding every popular car on the face of this planet.

I don't really care, I'd be ripping the RB26 out anyway. Also, R33s had weak gearboxes.
    Looks are subjective. Some people think the Veyron looks good, I think it's fucking hideous. You think the R34 is dull, I think it's one of the best looking cars that Japan has ever produced, right alongside the NSX, 2000GT, 240/280Z, and 240SX.
    There was nothing particularly wrong or weak about the R33's 5-speed gearbox, it just didn't have a 6-speed which is why most kids bitch about it. I say deal with it -- 5 gears is all you need. It's more than you would have got in the old days!

Agreeing though, looks are suggestive. I just never found the R34 as attractive as the R33 or R32. I'd pick up an R32 if I had a lot of dosh, they generally go for cheap as they are the latest legally allowed to be imported to the states IIRC.

I'd hunt up an R31 or R30 if I had wads of cash but I've only seen ONE R30 for sale in all the US in my searches.

35. Post #875
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,990 Posts
    Means your in the projects of detriot? Keep that shit on the street with GPS still on the dash or window and some people have the radio units where you can take off the front of it so people dont go into your car to steal your radio
    The psychology behind this is fascinating to me. I enjoy parking my car with the top down at restaurants, and sitting at window seats where I can keep an eye on it. I've never seen anyone reach into my car... I've seen shifty glances, but nothing serious. I feel comfort in the fact that if they were to touch any button in the car it'd set off the alarm.

36. Post #876
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,985 Posts
    Just about every model of R34 looks the same, a few minor differences are barely noticeable from base model to top level GT-R. Get a GT, drop a V8 and LSD in it, slap an R34 wing on it and call it a fucking day. Or leave the boy racer wing off of it.
    It's not really a 'boy racer' wing. It was there from the factory.

But hey, if that's a boy racer wing, then I suppose you'd agree that this car is riced too.

If it came on the car from the factory it's excluded from being rice. It can still look dumb, but it's not rice or boy racerish if it was there when the car rolled off the assembly line.

I say deal with it -- 5 gears is all you need. It's more than you would have got in the old days!
    The sixth gear does two things. On the autobahn/at Bonneville, it means you can go much faster than you could with a five speed while retaining the same acceleration. With everyday 70-90MPH freeway running, that same sixth gear drops the engine's RPMs down, which quenches a lot of that big V8's thirst.

The six speed is better than the five speed. You get higher top speeds while retaining quick acceleration on the track, and on the street you can squeeze 25MPG highway out of a 7.0L supercharged V8.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #877
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,984 Posts
    Too much bird shit so had to give it a wash. Also heard an air raid siren go off for about 7 seconds...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #878
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    It's not really a 'boy racer' wing. It was there from the factory.

But hey, if that's a boy racer wing, then I suppose you'd agree that this car is riced too.

If it came on the car from the factory it's excluded from being rice. It can still look dumb, but it's not rice or boy racerish if it was there when the car rolled off the assembly line.
    Man, you're fucking right. The Daytona is a huge boy racer fad so I don't want anything to do with that wing.

The R34 wing is decent, but it's not something I enjoy. I rather think it spoils the look of the car. No shit it's a factory wing, so is the wing on the STi -- Doesn't make that one any less of a boy racer wing either.

The sixth gear does two things. On the autobahn/at Bonneville, it means you can go much faster than you could with a five speed while retaining the same acceleration. With everyday 70-90MPH freeway running, that same sixth gear drops the engine's RPMs down, which quenches a lot of that big V8's thirst.

The six speed is better than the five speed. You get higher top speeds while retaining quick acceleration on the track, and on the street you can squeeze 25MPG highway out of a 7.0L supercharged V8.
    Actually, the 5 speed in the R33 had a 0.759 5th gear, where the R34's Getrag had a 0.79 6th.

On a track fewer gears is better -- longer powerband. Tell all those guys running powerglides to start running more gears. I'm sure they'll gladly start doing that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #879
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,990 Posts

Actually, the 5 speed in the R33 had a 0.759 5th gear, where the R34's Getrag had a 0.79 6th.

On a track fewer gears is better -- longer powerband. Tell all those guys running powerglides to start running more gears. I'm sure they'll gladly start doing that.
    He's right. When I used to track my Miata, the guys out there running the 6 speed tranny's were CONSTANTLY complaining about how frustrating their gear ratios were, as they had to continuously shift from second to third when with a 5 speed they would have had enough playroom to stay in second gear the whole time. When you're trying to concentrate on your driving, having to shift can be very detrimental to your final time. I'll stick with a 5 speed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #880
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    i'm still so confused! I live in delaware i leave my top down when i go into subway (chicken bacon ranch MMMM) i dont even own a gps and yes my radio has the removable face cover thing but i just leave it on there

Edited:

oh i get it

by 24/7 you mean 24/7 not just when i'm in the car lol

it all makes sense now it's like the "convertible challenge" i thought you were saying that like anyone with a convertible muscle car does that shit or something

Edited:

i feel so dumb