1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    http://imgur.com/iis2R

1973 Nova. Just got it today.
    Did some car come with that rust, or....?

Seriously though, not bad. Hope you didn't pay too much for it since it's a four door. THose things are cheap (Because they are a bit ugly and worthless)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

2. Post #162
    November 2008
    2,080 Posts
    Saving the little extra money and going with a coupe is a lot better in the long run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,007 Posts
    How much would I need for all four rims? And would it look good if I just sprayed it over the hubcaps? (I don't have a jack to take off my wheels )
    I'd remove the hubcaps (they'll pop off, you don't need to jack the car up) and spray them off of the car, otherwise it's going to look kinda silly when the steelies underneath are only partially coated. It'll take you 2 cans for all 4 wheels. And your car doesn't have a jack/spare/tire iron in the trunk? Most cars come with a small scissor jack or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    May 2009
    2,874 Posts
    wrong damn forum sry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    You god damn better be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    I'd remove the hubcaps (they'll pop off, you don't need to jack the car up) and spray them off of the car, otherwise it's going to look kinda silly when the steelies underneath are only partially coated. It'll take you 2 cans for all 4 wheels. And your car doesn't have a jack/spare/tire iron in the trunk? Most cars come with a small scissor jack or something.
    My hubcaps are different, they're bolted on instead of being able to just pop off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #167
    December 2008
    610 Posts
    Compared to the cool little cars everyone's gotten recently, i have to say otherwise. I mean for fucks sake one of us has an 8 series, and that is literally my dream car.
    Get an 8 Series then, it is my dream car, i worked hard towards it and got one, it may not be as hard as you think to aquire one, depending on your country perhaps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #168
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts

My exhaust pipe is rusted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,007 Posts
    My hubcaps are different, they're bolted on instead of being able to just pop off
    Well, it'll work, it just won't look as clean as it would if you took them off and coated them seperately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #170
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    So is this: http://www.homedepot.com/Plasti-Dip/...&storeId=10051

What I need?

Edited:

Is use of primer really needed? I really don't want to unnecessarily spend money on something that I may or may not like the results of

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,007 Posts
    That's it, no primer required. 2 cans should do 2-4 coats on all four wheels. Light coats, don't lay it down thick. Be sure to wash them as well as you can first. If you don't like the results, peel it off and start over. No guarantees that it's going to look amazing, it's definitely not going to look as clean as it should since you can't take the wheels off. Try to avoid getting it on any of the brake components as well, it wouldn't hurt anything but it'll stink like shit when it starts to burn off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Turns out I do have a jack Now all I need is to find a place where I can take my wheels off, my landlords are bitchy about this kinda stuff

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,007 Posts
    Turns out I do have a jack Now all I need is to find a place where I can take my wheels off, my landlords are bitchy about this kinda stuff
    It'll take around 2-3 hours, maybe a friend's house?

14. Post #174
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    It'll take around 2-3 hours, maybe a friend's house?
    Yeah that's my plan. I'm gonna wait till spring though, too damn cold to do anything right now

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,471 Posts
    OLD

NEW

INTERIOR

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

16. Post #176
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    I wish I could post old and new pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

17. Post #177
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    I wish I had enough stuff done on my car to be able to post a good before/after picture

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Sweet car Meppers! I like the new Focus alot.

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    does plastidip work well on plastic? I feel like it might look good on the faded plastic cowl panel thing on my mustang.

20. Post #180
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,942 Posts
    does plastidip work well on plastic? I feel like it might look good on the faded plastic cowl panel thing on my mustang.
    I herd plastic does well on almost anything. So try it, If it doesn't work PEEL it off!

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    754 Posts
    Im almost certain it will work on most any plastic.

I know Ive seen people use it to black out chrome plastic emblems, so if it will stick to that it will probably stick to everything.

22. Post #182
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    OLD

NEW

INTERIOR
    Holy crap, what'd you use? Turtle Wax?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    I have an urge to cover my car with plasti dip to see how it looks. Exterior, interior, wheels, everything

Edited:

How well would it work with carpet? A large portion of my interior is carpet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    March 2011
    642 Posts
    Like this i think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I wish I could post old and new pictures.

And well, now:

26. Post #186
    December 2008
    610 Posts
    OLD

NEW

INTERIOR

Doesn't look to different to the mondeo i drive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,007 Posts
    I have an urge to cover my car with plasti dip to see how it looks. Exterior, interior, wheels, everything

Edited:

How well would it work with carpet? A large portion of my interior is carpet
    I've always wanted to buy a piece of shit car for $300 that doesn't even run just to try this.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Not mine but here's a picture of my friend Nick and Jap with Nick's CRX that he just bought. It's his first Honda.

....I have so much to teach him. :| He's going away for ~8 months for military, when he gets back this car is getting a full teardown and a LOT of stuff is getting changed. Ugh.

Edited:

Also technically still is a photo of my car, the blue EG back there is mine. (I haven't taken delivery yet, Jap is driving it until we get the CRX paperwork sorted out.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,595 Posts
    The downsides of fibreglass bodykits!

Nice colour though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    The color is nice, hate body kits.

Also has a JDM hood but the USDM front so it doesn't fit right. Sigh.

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,471 Posts
    Holy crap, what'd you use? Turtle Wax?
    its called the soap setting at the self serve car wash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

32. Post #192
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    I've always wanted to buy a piece of shit car for $300 that doesn't even run just to try this.
    If I were to do the body of my car, would it be better to use the spray can form, or the paint+brush form?

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,007 Posts
    If I were to do the body of my car, would it be better to use the spray can form, or the paint+brush form?
    Rattle can, all the way. I've never tried it but the guy who did it to his e46 said all he used was 4 and a half rattle cans.

Edited:

Not mine but here's a picture of my friend Nick and Jap with Nick's CRX that he just bought. It's his first Honda.

....I have so much to teach him. :| He's going away for ~8 months for military, when he gets back this car is getting a full teardown and a LOT of stuff is getting changed. Ugh.

Edited:

Also technically still is a photo of my car, the blue EG back there is mine. (I haven't taken delivery yet, Jap is driving it until we get the CRX paperwork sorted out.)

Rice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Late Late x 2 (list)

34. Post #194
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    its called the soap setting at the self serve car wash
    Well damn, I'll give that a try. I'm hoping my S10 will turn into a Ford F-150 Raptor!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    732 Posts
    The color is nice, hate body kits.

Also has a JDM hood but the USDM front so it doesn't fit right. Sigh.
    you finally got an eg hatch?

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Had one. Then Jap had it. Then I had it again. And now Jap has it until I can get the guy who signed my CRX title to transfer it so we can then transfer it into our names.

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    732 Posts
    Had one. Then Jap had it. Then I had it again. And now Jap has it until I can get the guy who signed my CRX title to transfer it so we can then transfer it into our names.
    what's done to it? if you weren't so far away i'd love to meet up and show our cars

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    D15Z1 block, with the P07 dishes, billet block guard, ARP studs, D16Z6 head, 4 wire O2 conversion (It was a VX), P28.

Was built for boost for Jap (by me) and he never did it. So now I'm going to.

Also progress yay

Edited:

Getting the block out of the EJ1 was a bitch. Took me an hour!

39. Post #199
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    754 Posts
    D15Z1 block, with the P07 dishes, billet block guard, ARP studs, D16Z6 head, 4 wire O2 conversion (It was a VX), P28.

Was built for boost for Jap (by me) and he never did it. So now I'm going to.
    Why no Vitaras and FJ I-beams?