1. Post #2201
    August 2010
    707 Posts
    I just got my first car, a 2003 Golf GTi 1.8l turbo 5-speed! I'm really happy about it, it's black with one aesthetic change, the grille doesn't have the VW logo on it. I think it looks good. It only has ~130k miles and it looks brand new. We only paid $4400 for it.

Looks better in person IMO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2202
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,107 Posts
    I just got my first car, a 2003 Golf GTi 1.8l turbo 5-speed! I'm really happy about it, it's black with one aesthetic change, the grille doesn't have the VW logo on it. I think it looks good. It only has ~130k miles and it looks brand new. We only paid $4400 for it.

take that engine plate away and let that baby show itself off!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #2203
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,690 Posts
    Not my truck, but my dads. Drove it to drop my Grandpa off at his apartment. It's got a brand new front end on it so it drives so much straighter than mine. :(

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #2204
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    911 Posts

Did you take it out to a rally course with the windows down or did they not bother to clean it before they sold it? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2205
    January 2010
    3,540 Posts
    congrats, i'd love that as a first car.

Edited:

or as any car in general

Edited:

modify the shit out of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #2206
    July 2008
    601 Posts
    I got some bucket seats for my car.
    Kept the rear seats in though, proper tight squeeze for whoevers behind olol

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

7. Post #2207
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    illegal, imma call the shoe police.
    Despite popular belief it isn't illegal at all. I am another who likes to indulge in the bare knuckle, bare foot sport.

Also, fun fact: Wal-mart will kick you out if you walk in with no shoes. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #2208
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,439 Posts
    Usually i dislike it when people take the emblem away, makes the car look like voldemort.

Yours looks great, tho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #2209
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Despite popular belief it isn't illegal at all. I am another who likes to indulge in the bare knuckle, bare foot sport.

Also, fun fact: Wal-mart will kick you out if you walk in with no shoes. :(
    I've never understood why flip flops are OK but bare feet aren't...the only difference is a pad and some string soo...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2210
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Driving without shoes feels so much more different. You can feel the pedal and the pressure you're putting on it, unlike with shoes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #2211
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    driving with work boots is the worst thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #2212
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,296 Posts
    Driving without shoes feels so much more different. You can feel the pedal and the pressure you're putting on it, unlike with shoes
    Foot shoes are best shoes. or really thin ones.

13. Post #2213
    March 2011
    639 Posts
    I've got a pair of fivefingers, and lemme tell ya, they are freakin' awesome to drive in.
    Like these, for those of you who haven't been to a city with weird people like me in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #2214
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,159 Posts
    My work metal toe shoes aren't too bad for driving.. They look like running shoes of some sort but are padded like hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #2215
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,125 Posts
    Usually use some slip-ons to drive, comfy and they still provide good pedal sensitivity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

16. Post #2216
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    That's why i went with the really thin, almost slipper-like Villains. They're still shoes and therefore wearable anywhere but work, but have so little protection at all i may as well be wearing those fivefingers or some other sort of slipper or sandle/flip flop. I LOVE being able to 'feel' my car, although when i try and explain that to other people they look at me like I'm weird. I have a hard time driving with boots and the like, tend to ride the clutch a lot more; Can't feel the car as good nahmeen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #2217
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,741 Posts

Close up on that grill badge. Looks like a Audi Sport logo.

Also I'm digging it. Needs abit of cleaning under the hood. and needs hub centers. (I have 4 brand new ones with the audi logo on it if you want to buy some)

IMO here's the things I would do to it. ~ Comedic Wise~
    Euro Rear wiper.
    LIGHTLY Smoke the rear taillight. (To the point were the backup white becomes a deeper gray.)
    Completely smoke the front 2 "reflectors" in between your tire and headlight. (Cover with clear)
    Tint. 35% all around. (Depends on your state)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2218
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    727 Posts

do you live in/near pennsylvania? the guy i bought my car from has a car very similar to that, haha.

19. Post #2219
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I've got a pair of fivefingers, and lemme tell ya, they are freakin' awesome to drive in.
    Like these, for those of you who haven't been to a city with weird people like me in it.
    Those creep me the fuck out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 3 (list)

20. Post #2220
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    yeah i didnt want to say it, but my bro has a pair and they are just wierd.

21. Post #2221
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,954 Posts
    the scale ones are awesome, A customer at an old job i had walked in with them said were the best things ever till you stubbed your toe or you step on a thumb tack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #2222
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,687 Posts

Also I'm digging it. Needs abit of cleaning under the hood. and needs hub centers. (I have 4 brand new ones with the audi logo on it if you want to buy some)

Euro Rear wiper.
    LIGHTLY Smoke the rear taillight. (To the point were the backup white becomes a deeper gray.)
    Completely smoke the front 2 "reflectors" in between your tire and headlight. (Cover with clear)
    the grille says kamei or something on it
    already thinking about smoking/tinting shit
    already considering plastidipping the wheels

Edited:

do you live in/near pennsylvania? the guy i bought my car from has a car very similar to that, haha.
    lives in delaware bought the car from a guy in new jersey
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #2223
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,908 Posts

Do they make them in a size 16 US?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

24. Post #2224
    March 2011
    639 Posts
    I think so, Mine are a size 14, and they go larger.

25. Post #2225
    June 2010
    93 Posts
    1993 Jeep renegade

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2226
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,891 Posts
    I repainted 3 of my 4 wheels over the last few days. I was a little overzealous when painting the first one and put down way too many coats. It looks fine but now i don't have enough paint to paint the last wheel. (I used engine enamel which is like $5 a can)

Before

After

It looks nice though, hopefully it doesn't show dirt as much as i fear it might.

27. Post #2227
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,741 Posts
    the grille says kamei or something on it
    already thinking about smoking/tinting shit
    already considering plastidipping the wheels
    You do not want plastidipped wheels. Go with powder paint or go home.
    or what would be nice get a hyper silver based wheel color.

Edited:
    Looks like shit IMO (LOL @ seeing literally how dark the interior is in direct sunlight)

28. Post #2228
    August 2010
    707 Posts

Euro Rear wiper.
    Kinda closer, you can also see the halo headlights better

A lot closer

Also been thinking about plasti dipping the wheels and maybe put a thin red line along the outside edge if we find some time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #2229
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,687 Posts

30. Post #2230
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,741 Posts
    hnnnnnnng already pushing it.

Nice to see when you plan on a turbo upgrade.

31. Post #2231
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,687 Posts
    hnnnnnnng already pushing it.

Nice to see when you plan on a turbo upgrade.
    his dad probably won't let him he's still on his learners permit lol

32. Post #2232
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,741 Posts
    his dad probably won't let him he's still on his learners permit lol
    Very much lol.

Also sence I now have bigger rims. I now have a uneven stance. about 1 1/2 inch front and 2inch back of a gap.

Coil Over time?
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-C5_A6-...ers/ES2129999/
    Wile at it HD Control Arm's?
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-C5_A6-...ension/ES3005/

Moar low.

33. Post #2233
    June 2010
    93 Posts
    If anyone knows a way to repair extremely bad frame rust let me know.

not my jeep but its in this area but on mine its much much worse like there's the top and the bottom of the frame but its almost completely gone in the middle ill get a picture up tomorrow of my frame

34. Post #2234
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Talk to a mechanic/welder and ask them about having it patched, may be fixable.

35. Post #2235
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    If anyone knows a way to repair extremely bad frame rust let me know.

not my jeep but its in this area but on mine its much much worse like there's the top and the bottom of the frame but its almost completely gone in the middle ill get a picture up tomorrow of my frame
    scrap it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #2236
    June 2010
    93 Posts
    scrap it.
    I'm too attached to it to do that and i cant just scrap my vehicle i kinda need it ya know.

37. Post #2237
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,954 Posts
    I'm too attached to it to do that and i cant just scrap my vehicle i kinda need it ya know.
    Get ready for them to bill you for thousands of dollars for getting a new frame if it's even possible without just buying another shell from a junk yard it wouldn't really be the same car.

Frames arn't jokes, and depending on the year/truck/model (I dunno what that is and year) decides if the body and frame can even be separated. Basically, I'm not saying it's your fault but if you saw this forming you should have gotten it taken care of.

38. Post #2238
    June 2010
    93 Posts
    Get ready for them to bill you for thousands of dollars for getting a new frame if it's even possible without just buying another shell from a junk yard it wouldn't really be the same car.

Frames arn't jokes, and depending on the year/truck/model (I dunno what that is and year) decides if the body and frame can even be separated. Basically, I'm not saying it's your fault but if you saw this forming you should have gotten it taken care of.
    It was my mothers and she didn't properly maintain it and i really don't need to replace the entire frame i think Re boxing it should work fine. it also seems to be common on jeeps.

okay i have a picture of what it looks like
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #2239
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,908 Posts
    It's a big job but doable for the right person. If you need to ask us how to 'fix' it, then don't even think about doing it yourself at this stage. Find someone with the tools and know-how to cut it out, and try to source a replacement member and linkages to have them bung back in for you. Worst case scenario, you may have to have a new piece fabricated if you can't source a suitable replacement. You won't be 'restoring' that piece, put it that way... the rust has probably penetrated up into the member and attacked some of the bolts and whatnot I can see in that pic. Hard to say for sure. Not a hard job for the right person though to be honest, it's not THAT bad.

Also, I am going to kill someone's dick. My curtains didn't get shipped out until TODAY and I'll be lucky to see them by the weekend. That was going to be my weekend funjob™ :(

I did however receive my overhead ambient amber lights to retrofit, and after dicing and splicing some wiring, they're in and looking brilliant. Pics will wait until I get my goddamn motherfucking shithead curtains. Hmpf!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

40. Post #2240
    June 2010
    93 Posts
    Wasn't really asking how too fix it i was just seeing if anyone had any other ideas than me i thought just welding a whole new piece only thing I'm worried about it getting the alinement right