7,650 Posts
    IS that really photoshop?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2362
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,247 Posts
    IS that really photoshop?
    Yeah, the hood is white so it's as simple as making a new layer set to multiply and then coloring that layer where the hood is. I got the color code for Ford MK 'Twlight Blue' online, which is why it matches so well, except of course the areas I missed.

3. Post #2363
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,885 Posts
    Yeah, the hood is white so it's as simple as making a new layer set to multiply and then coloring that layer where the hood is. I got the color code for Ford MK 'Twlight Blue' online, which is why it matches so well, except of course the areas I missed.
    Hah, I knew it!

However, get that hood painted in the color of the body and it'll look much much better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

4. Post #2364
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,247 Posts
    Hah, I knew it!

However, get that hood painted in the color of the body and it'll look much much better
    Yeah, for sure. It's black primed right now and awaiting it's final color.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #2365
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,717 Posts
    Wow hey i completely forgot about this thread. Anyway i recently sold my trusty Volvo S40 (Sometimes when i'm alone i still cry myself to sleep for selling it) and bought this:

It's not a Volvo but the top of the line interior and a lot of silly gadgets (who doesn't love voice control and a comparatively big screen integrated into the speedo) kinda make up for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #2366
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Yeah, for sure. It's black primed right now and awaiting it's final color.
    Have to say, it looks far better than Stock Hood + Bra. I am liking it. <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #2367
    October 2011
    1,281 Posts
    Wow hey i completely forgot about this thread. Anyway i recently sold my trusty Volvo S40 (Sometimes when i'm alone i still cry myself to sleep for selling it) and bought this:

-img-

It's not a Volvo but the top of the line interior and a lot of silly gadgets (who doesn't love voice control and a comparatively big screen integrated into the speedo) kinda make up for it.
    Wrc tune time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #2368
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,717 Posts
    Wrc tune time?
    Sorry to disappoint you but i'm not planning to modify it on the outside beyond new alloys maybe. It's supposed to make me look like serious business and not like a 20-year old with too much cash in his hands
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

9. Post #2369
    December 2009
    511 Posts
    I finally got my first car!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #2370
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,608 Posts
    I'll probably buy this babe tomorrow. The car itself has always been in a heated garage and has never been out at winter. As my father works at Mercedes Benz, I can get cheap parts, even for old Benz cars like this! I'm excited.

Now thinking of it, I'm actually very excited. If it happens to be in good mechanical condition, then I'll make sure to take some new pictures of it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 16Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2371
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,472 Posts
    Why is that funny? :( My first and current car is a 6th gen accord as well. Nice to see someone else other than Cubeman (i think) with one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #2372
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I'll probably buy this babe tomorrow. The car itself has always been in a heated garage and has never been out at winter. As my father works at Mercedes Benz, I can get cheap parts, even for old Benz cars like this! I'm excited.

Now thinking of it, I'm actually very excited. If it happens to be in good mechanical condition, then I'll make sure to take some new pictures of it!
    Do any other companies do that?
    I remember reading about Mercedes making like ANY part you need for any vehicle they ever made for replacement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2373

June 2011
    24 Posts
    Peugeot 207 Sportium, got it pretty recently brand new. Lovely little car.
    ~CaMeRaPhOnEEEE~

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #2374
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,608 Posts
    Do any other companies do that?
    I remember reading about Mercedes making like ANY part you need for any vehicle they ever made for replacement.
    Yeah, Mercedes does (to an extend). I think I've heard of BMW doing it too, but I read that like years ago so I'm not too sure. Let me look that up for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #2375
    March 2008
    9,885 Posts
    Volkswagen do too.

I got some brand new parts in my Beetle

16. Post #2376

September 2011
    106 Posts
    House sitting with a friend and the owners have this sitting in the drive...if only I knew were keys were.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #2377
    March 2010
    1,650 Posts
    Well, this is what I usually drive around in:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11 (list)

18. Post #2378
    March 2008
    9,885 Posts

CitroŽn Bil-senter Fredrikstad?

Are you really that close to me?

19. Post #2379
    March 2010
    1,650 Posts
    CitroŽn Bil-senter Fredrikstad?

Are you really that close to me?
    Haha, no, the previous owner bought it there

20. Post #2380
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    9,030 Posts

rated heart because I feel sad about you driving a citroŽn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2381
    March 2010
    1,650 Posts
    rated heart because I feel sad about you driving a citroŽn
    I never really understood why people dislike CitroŽns so much. The only argument I've ever heard against them is "they're bad cars"

22. Post #2382
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    9,030 Posts
    Exactly.

They're also ugly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #2383
    March 2008
    9,885 Posts
    Nah, that one is one of the few good looking CitroŽns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #2384
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,694 Posts
    but i like the other citroens, and dislike that one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events

25. Post #2385
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,134 Posts

How is this bad and/or ugly..? I really don't understand. I've driven a DS3 Racing and that damn thing, in white and black is purrty, nimble and responsive as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

26. Post #2386
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,760 Posts
    Because French.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #2387
    March 2008
    9,885 Posts

How is this bad and/or ugly..? I really don't understand. I've driven a DS3 Racing and that damn thing, in white and black is purrty, nimble and responsive as fuck.
    That's kind of a racing car. It's not much stock CitroŽn left in that anywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #2388
    October 2008
    2,656 Posts
    Any of these pics come out good? They're all HDR, but my eyes are pretty weird, so I have a hard time adjusting them right

It's my dad's truck. 2000 F250, 7.3l PowerStroke, 6-speed manual.
    The pics make it look like the back sits higher than the front, but the road isn't level so the rear is flexing slightly. It actually sits flat.

29. Post #2389
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,030 Posts
    House sitting with a friend and the owners have this sitting in the drive...if only I knew were keys were.

That looks familiar...
    Does the owner also have a blue mustang/ are you in MA?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

30. Post #2390
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,134 Posts
    That's kind of a racing car. It's not much stock CitroŽn left in that anywhere.
    The original argument was that Citroens were bad cars, no one said anything specific regarding commercial or racing.. :c Also, as I said, the DS3 Racing is an impressively hot hatchback.

This:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

31. Post #2391
    July 2012
    150 Posts
    lol. my 2000 caviler.

mismatching $25 rims (on the other side). bought it from an alcoholic & the car had a fucking breathalyzer on it that was used to start it. a cars a car tho, i can't complain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #2392
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,755 Posts
    lol. my 2000 caviler.

mismatching $25 rims (on the other side). bought it from an alcoholic & the car had a fucking breathalyzer on it that was used to start it. a cars a car tho, i can't complain.
    Remote start ready!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #2393
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Take those piece of shit hubcaps off of there. Rolling steel is better than that garbage.

Rolling rusty steel is better.

Otherwise, super clean!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #2394
    March 2008
    9,885 Posts
    The original argument was that Citroens were bad cars, no one said anything specific regarding commercial or racing.. :c Also, as I said, the DS3 Racing is an impressively hot hatchback.

This:
    It might be a good car that one but I don't like how it looks.

I very rarely think any new car looks good anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #2395
    POLITICAN
    Dennab
    August 2008
    7,023 Posts
    Caviler is what I learned to drive with
    Grand prix passed road test with

Learning how easy it is to park with small car then road test car another two feet or three feet long :v

Rather drive coops then 4 doors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

36. Post #2396
    March 2010
    1,650 Posts
    Well, I just came back from an hour in the forest with this guy:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 18 (list)

37. Post #2397
    Stolt Svensk
    June 2008
    9,030 Posts
    That's a real beauty right there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #2398
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,967 Posts
    Picked up a set of 330ci sport rims off of Craigslist for $150, staggered setup. 17x7.5 f, 17x8.5 r. The rear's tires were toast, but the front are totally brand new! I had the front tires swapped to the rear for a bit of stretch and had some old tires I had kicking around mounted to the front. I don't think the dude knew how much they were worth. Saved me $400 on new tires. :)

Should I dip them black? Or just leave them be. Input is appreciated. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2399
    March 2011
    639 Posts
    I'd say leave them as they are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

40. Post #2400
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Well, I just came back from an hour in the forest with this guy:

i'd take this over a super car.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)