77 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #322
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    What does the N mean?
    In Canada, Each province has a different age but we follow a universal system. At a certain age (16 here in BC), you go for a written exam to get your "L". This is your Learner's License.
    When you have your L, you can drive only with a 25+ Year Old with their full license supervising. This stage lasts for a year.

After a year, you go for your road test. Passing your road test, you get your N. You are now allowed to drive alone with one passenger excluding immediate family (and immediate Step-Family). They are excluded from your limit. So you can drive
    with five family members, or three family members and another passenger, etc etc.
    There's also some other restrictions such you may have no alcohol in your system (Blowing 0.01 on the breathalyzer can get your license taken away. I know someone who had that happen, it's the lowest it can register) and you're not allowed
    to use a blue-tooth handset. During this stage, it's very easy to lose your license, and you're very likely to get pulled over (N Drivers are notorious for racing).
    While in each stage, you must display a magnetic sign on your car. In my case, I display an N to show I am a novice driver.

After 2 years (1 1/2 Years if you take an accredited driving school program like I have), you may go for your final road test. This is more encompassing including downtown and highway driving. Once you succeed at this road test,
    you are given your Class 5 which certifies you are able to drive all passenger vehicles with no restrictions. There are other Classes for Commercial Vehicles (Buses, Taxis, Semi-Trucks) and Motorbikes.

The Gearbox is good. Shifts really easy, my friend says the clutch is at 50%. I'm not experienced with clutches so I'll take his word for it. The suspension is good, firm but comfortable. I can definitely feel bumps in the road
    but it doesn't break my back if I hit a big bump (There's a couple around here).

The only thing that really concerns me atm is a high pinched squeal only as I'm starting up the car, it only does it for a second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,796 Posts
    In Canada, Each province has a different age but we follow a universal system. At a certain age (16 here in BC), you go for a written exam to get your "L". This is your Learner's License.
    When you have your L, you can drive only with a 25+ Year Old with their full license supervising. This stage lasts for a year.

After a year, you go for your road test. Passing your road test, you get your N. You are now allowed to drive alone with one passenger excluding immediate family (and immediate Step-Family). They are excluded from your limit. So you can drive
    with five family members, or three family members and another passenger, etc etc.
    There's also some other restrictions such you may have no alcohol in your system (Blowing 0.01 on the breathalyzer can get your license taken away. I know someone who had that happen, it's the lowest it can register) and you're not allowed
    to use a blue-tooth handset. During this stage, it's very easy to lose your license, and you're very likely to get pulled over (N Drivers are notorious for racing).
    While in each stage, you must display a magnetic sign on your car. In my case, I display an N to show I am a novice driver.

After 2 years (1 1/2 Years if you take an accredited driving school program like I have), you may go for your final road test. This is more encompassing including downtown and highway driving. Once you succeed at this road test,
    you are given your Class 5 which certifies you are able to drive all passenger vehicles with no restrictions. There are other Classes for Commercial Vehicles (Buses, Taxis, Semi-Trucks) and Motorbikes.
    Not bad at all. Way better than what I went through.

Turn 15, went in and took written test. 25 questions, 15 of which pertained to only DUI shit. Learner's permit granted, wherein I could drive any Class D car at any time so long as I had a licensed over 21 in the car. Turn 16, another written test with the same random DUI questions, then a driving test. That test consisted of putzing around a suburb. Pass that and I was granted a full Class D, the only restriction being no more than one other teenager in the car. No further testing was necessary, when I turned 21 that restriction automatically disappeared.

Piss easy to get a license here, no surprise nobody can drive.

The only thing that really concerns me atm is a high pinched squeal only as I'm starting up the car, it only does it for a second.
    Change the belt and tensioner. Should shut right up. That's a classic sign of a stretched accessory belt that's due for replacement.

Edited:

Fo' point O

Edited:

...Fix that poor old Ford. It's too noble a workhorse to rot away with no face like that. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,148 Posts
    where do you live? its beautiful brah
    Saguenay region, Québec.

That picture was actually taken on a frozen bay, on the fjord.

And I agree, there's been an inbound of new posters.

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,391 Posts
    Change the belt and tensioner. Should shut right up. That's a classic sign of a stretched accessory belt that's due for replacement.
    Honda motors only have timing belt tensioners from from what I've ever seen(v6 might, idk), belts are tightened by adjusting the object which is being turned.

It's probably ready for some new belts though, belts are really fun because you have to take off the driver side motor mount for them. My power steering belt has screeched ever since I spilled some ps fluid on it if started when cold, it would bother me more to replace it so I haven't bothered since it's only a year old belt anyways.

6. Post #326
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts

...Fix that poor old Ford. It's too noble a workhorse to rot away with no face like that. :/

Restoring the ford, gonna be my weekend offroader/ cruiser/ umadhippies

Edited:

and the grille is fine, i gotta replace the rad mount and fenders :v

7. Post #327
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Wash, wax and detail

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #328
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    park it up on that snowbank
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #329
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Wash, wax and detail

You should get a front license plate on that, it's illegal to not have one here

How the fuck is this dumb? It's true
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,796 Posts
    You should get a front license plate on that, it's illegal to not have one here
    Not every state requires one, and it seems his is on the list that doesn't. Mine doesn't either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #331
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Colorado requires one. A relative of mine has been pulled over before for not having a visible front license plate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #332
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Colorado requires one. A relative of mine has been pulled over before for not having a visible front license plate
    Fuckem if they cant take a joke.

13. Post #333
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Usually a quick google search will let you know whether you need one or not. In fact, i don't think they let you leave the DMV without two plates if the state requires them. Here in new mexico it's optional, they actually charge you extra if you want to put one on the front.

Edited:

(Why you would is beyond me but whatever, I'm sure as hell not drilling two holes into my front grille to put one on)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Have never mounted a plate, have never had a problem.

park it up on that snowbank
    How about my old car?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #335
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    I'm sure it depends on the cop who pulls you over. My windows are tinted below the legal limit and I've been pulled over without them questioning my tint
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #336
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    I don't get pulled over, either ;)

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,796 Posts
    I never get pulled over either. I flew past a cop doing 55 in a 45 on a country backroad once. He didn't care. Drove for over a year with a busted taillight. Nobody cared. Left front blinker bulb won't stay in the housing and therefore doesn't work? Nobody cares. Big-ass spider crack in my windshield, lower left corner, with cracks running to top left and top right? Nobody cares and I've been driving with that for two years now. No muffler? Nobody cares.

Gotta love old, beat up 80's pickups. Cops just don't give a shit about you, even when you're blatantly breaking the law. It's like you're cloaked or something.

18. Post #338
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Cops driving behind me with my temp plates expired? Happened 3 times and didn't get pulled over
    Tint is painstakingly obviously below the legal limit? Never been pulled over for that either
    50 in a 35 past a cop? nothing happened

Get pulled over 20 seconds after getting in my car for not having my lights on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #339
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I did a skid for once without checking for 5-0 and smoke everywhere and then oh fuck thats a cop

he gave no fucks even though i was then stuck at the back of redlight traffic and he was 1 block away with open space all around him.

20. Post #340
    November 2008
    1,953 Posts

Snow snow snow.

Went for a ride in the field on my dads $14000 Summit X, about a foot of snow, took a turn, got off balance, went to correct myself by grabbing the right handle, clip the throttle, fuck, fuck, fuck, pulls forward, loose control, fall off, snowmobile flips on the side, damage report: $800 in plastic panels and a air box. Nothing really serious but I'm not going to ride around the acreage till we have at least 3 feet of snow.

Edited:

Should I remove the mud flaps, or trim them to fit the inside of the wheel well(so they don't stick out at all)
    Agree for remove, disagree for keep, useful for trim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #341
    July 2010
    740 Posts
    Fo' point O

Edited:

Is that a Jeep Cheroke ute?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

22. Post #342
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,720 Posts
    Well kinda but it's called Jeep Comanche

also Cherokee is with two e's at the end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,066 Posts
    Lol ute. Silly Australians, it's a pick up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,796 Posts
    We don't have utes in America. They never sold well, pickup trucks are sufficiently well appointed that there's no market for a car with a pickup bed on the back.

Snow snow snow.

Went for a ride in the field on my dads $14000 Summit X, about a foot of snow, took a turn, got off balance, went to correct myself by grabbing the right handle, clip the throttle, fuck, fuck, fuck, pulls forward, loose control, fall off, snowmobile flips on the side, damage report: $800 in plastic panels and a air box. Nothing really serious but I'm not going to ride around the acreage till we have at least 3 feet of snow.

Edited:

Should I remove the mud flaps, or trim them to fit the inside of the wheel well(so they don't stick out at all)
    Agree for remove, disagree for keep, useful for trim.

I say get rid of 'em entirely, and put the tailgate up. You'll gain 2-4MPG.

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    4,670 Posts
    testing out my new phone camera

new rear dampers on the way, haven't been replaced in decades
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #346
    April 2008
    163 Posts

Audi A3 2.0TDI
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,796 Posts

[big-ass pic snipped]
    Not bad at all. Bit on the dark side though.

Sounds like mine. I think they last worked when Ronald Reagan was in office. Bouncy bouncy bouncy!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

Did some more cleaning today, put iceman 1-piece CAI on because EF is going to sit anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

29. Post #349
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    So my truck, which i park under trees, got carpet bombed by fucking birds a couple days ago. Took it to the carwash and pressure washed all that birdshit off, and sprayed the whole truck down with degreaser. Birdshit-b-gone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #350
    q0q
    February 2012
    699 Posts
    Have never mounted a plate, have never had a problem.

How about my old car?

Oh my lord, a Pontiac Sunbird. My first car was a 1991 Sunbird. It was mechanically fucked up, but I loved driving it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #351
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Oh my lord, a Pontiac Sunbird. My first car was a 1991 Sunbird. It was mechanically fucked up, but I loved driving it.
    I miss the car sometimes...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #352
    q0q
    February 2012
    699 Posts

They were a riot to drive, I eventually ended up scrapping mine when it got to the point of having to tap the gas pedal constantly whilst stopped in order to keep the car from completely stalling. So much gas got wasted, I went form like 20mpg city to 14mpg city.

33. Post #353
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,887 Posts

I wish i could park my car in the garage all of the time.

34. Post #354
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,712 Posts

Audi A3 2.0TDI
    I really like the A3/S3. BUT WHY PINK! Or is it a different color but appears pink?

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

Fucking Sunbird GT.

What did you do with that marvelous beast? Was it the 2.0 turbo?

36. Post #356
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,889 Posts

<volvo>

That's a beautiful Volvo, man.

37. Post #357
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    Took my car to Nissan Today to get my friend to wash it. We soaped it up and rinsed it, used the all purpose cleaner they have to clean the trim, muffler, etc (Muffler looks brand new now) and used their industrial strength degreaser and rim shine to clean up my rims, along with their tire shine.

Car looks nearly brand new except for the paint fade and sticker-covered damage. :)

38. Post #358
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,555 Posts
    Wash, wax and detail

How are you going to put a gun rack on that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #359
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Fucking Sunbird GT.

What did you do with that marvelous beast? Was it the 2.0 turbo?
    Nah, it was a 1989 SE, 2.0 NA. I put the 91-94 Cavalier Z24 body kit and hood on it, and the 91-94 Sunbird GT headlights.

Edited:

How are you going to put a gun rack on that?
    Decklid, obviously.

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Ah, well it looked good. Really had me thinking it was a GT.

What happened to it?