1. Post #1201
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    5,061 Posts
    so tell us more about that poster on the far right
    You noticed that before the Weezer one?
    You disappoint me, kid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1202
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    I certainly hope that wasn't a Weezer diss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1203
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,137 Posts
    If somebody of you guys want real sounding drums, send me in your gp5 files (please save it as gp4.0 file) and I convert it to my drumkit that I always use on my songs, just to be nice because I know how pissy it is not to have drums but just midi shit. But you need to have written the drums in guitar pro. Somebody interested?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Germany Show Events

4. Post #1204
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,752 Posts
    You disappoint me, kid.
    You're dead to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1205
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,508 Posts
    If somebody of you guys want real sounding drums, send me in your gp5 files (please save it as gp4.0 file) and I convert it to my drumkit that I always use on my songs, just to be nice because I know how pissy it is not to have drums but just midi shit. But you need to have written the drums in guitar pro. Somebody interested?
    But what If you have an actual electric kit to use?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #1206
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,137 Posts
    But what If you have an actual electric kit to use?
    You mean you do your midi stuff with your electric kit?

For now I can import midi files but best would be if they are written in guitar pro because it's actually in time and haves no mistakes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1207
    February 2011
    5,508 Posts
    I write the scores, export as .wav, then put in cubase.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #1208
    loves SHART and apologizes for being a dick
    June 2005
    12,421 Posts
    You disappoint me, kid.
    yes shame on me for noticing pretty ladies before the fat dude from lost
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1209
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,137 Posts
    I write the scores, export as .wav, then put in cubase.
    Then you missed the thing I wanted to say I guess.

What I meant was that if somebody wants some drums but haves no other options then give me your written midi drums and I transfer it to my good sounding drumkit and give it as .wav back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1210
    February 2010
    1,255 Posts
    RIP JIM MARSHALL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #1211
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,752 Posts
    yes shame on me for noticing pretty ladies before the fat dude from lost
    Pedophile.

Edited:

RIP JIM MARSHALL
    NOOOOOO!

12. Post #1212
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    It's a great shame when the founder of a company dies, especially a massive one like Jim Marshall and Marshall Amps. But what he's done is gonna last forever, no one's gonna forget the name, and the amps are gonna keep coming for years to come. Besides, Marshall amps have stood the test of time, the Bluesbreaker, JCM800, JTMs, Plexis, everyone knows them and people are gonna want them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #1213
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    It's a great shame when the founder of a company dies, especially a massive one like Jim Marshall and Marshall Amps. But what he's done is gonna last forever, no one's gonna forget the name, and the amps are gonna keep coming for years to come. Besides, Marshall amps have stood the test of time, the Bluesbreaker, JCM800, JTMs, Plexis, the MG series, everyone knows them and people are gonna want them.
    ftfy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #1214
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,752 Posts
    It's a great shame when the founder of a company dies, especially a massive one like Jim Marshall and Marshall Amps. But what he's done is gonna last forever, no one's gonna forget the name, and the amps are gonna keep coming for years to come. Besides, Marshall amps have stood the test of time, the Bluesbreaker, JCM800, JTMs, Plexis, everyone knows them and people are gonna want them.
    I agree, we lost Les Paul and now Jim Marshall. But you know what, while they may be gone everything they worked so hard for is still here.

15. Post #1215
    loves SHART and apologizes for being a dick
    June 2005
    12,421 Posts
    dying is the best thing you can do for your brand
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #1216
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,752 Posts
    Ok so I have had my Epiphone for a day and I think it is time for a review. Honestly I can't say enough good things about it. For the money it is an amazing guitar, I am glad I chose it.

Out of the box the set up was perfect, the action measured .055" at the 12th fret and the neck relief was about .010" at the 6th fret. Only problem is it was strung with 9-42 so threw some d'addario 10-52s and adjusted the truss rod. I noticed it has a double action truss rod so that is a plus, if only my Ibanez had that...

The intonation was bang on out of the box even after putting the d'addario's on it, which brings me to the tuners which are Grover mini rotomatics. The bridge and tailpiece are decent I can't find any problem with them but if i do they will be replaced.

The pickups are pretty muddy, they aren't bad but I will be putting something else in it. As far as the electronics go they are decent, I can see myself changing it all out though. The finish is flawless as far as I know I haven't found any defects in it so.... HOORAY! The only this that sucks is the pickguard has a crack next to one of the screws where someone over tightened it but hey if that is the only thing wrong that I am happy, just put a little bit of super glue on it and you will never know.

So overall I am extremely happy with this guitar.

17. Post #1217
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,603 Posts
    I found out mine has shit wiring, be careful when changing pickups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #1218
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,047 Posts
    Finally getting started on building my 7 string over the next 3 weeks . My top wood arrived last week . Beautiful slab of Tasmanian Blackwood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #1219
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    Wiring is something that can get completely redone with a pickup change. It's not really that much of a problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #1220
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,047 Posts
    Redoing the wiring is easy. My PRS SE had a fault in the wiring so rather than get it fixed I just had it all ripped out and replaced. Never had a problem since and it only cost me $50 or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #1221
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,752 Posts
    Wiring is something that can get completely redone with a pickup change. It's not really that much of a problem.
    Yeah I will probably redo all the wiring when I change the pickups. That is what I did when I changed the pickups in my Ibanez. I can say this though, whoever did the wiring in this guitar didn't do a bad job.

Yeah the wires are kind of a mess but the solder joints are good and strong. The pots are Alpha pots, which I know are kind of shit but I put one in my Ibanez and it lasted about a year with heavy use.

Edited:

Oh and for in the info the cavity is painted with that shielding paint. I checked it with a multi meter and it was holding a voltage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #1222
    Gold Member

March 2009
    4,520 Posts
    Got my Aunt's 1960's era Gibson J45 today. Fixed the loose battery pack and loose cord. new strings put on it. For some reason, after I put in the low E string, the peg for it didn't want to stay completely down. So it's a bit higher up than the other ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1223
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,603 Posts
    Redoing the wiring is easy. My PRS SE had a fault in the wiring so rather than get it fixed I just had it all ripped out and replaced. Never had a problem since and it only cost me $50 or so.
    Well it was a Chinese Epiphone Les Paul, the pickup switch had bad wiring, and the pickup wires used were rather weak, Since I didn't have soldering equipment on hand, I spliced them.

24. Post #1224
    February 2011
    5,508 Posts
    Learning Tupelo. Badumm badumm badumdadum dummm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #1225
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,340 Posts
    I think it's time for me to change my guitar strings once again, as the 1st snapped and the other are rusty as fuck.

Though I'd like to know what would you guys suggest:
    Last set was a .011 and I loved it, so I was thinking of buying a heavier gauge set, such as .012.
    But I was disappointed at how short this last set's lifetime was, so I wanted something that lasted longer, such as an Elixir set I bought back in december, which lasted 3 months before the 1st string for some reason snapped and the others started sounding badly, I still have the remaining strings around home, they still haven't built up a considerable amount of rust.
    But then, judging at how bad music and related things are in this city, I'm not sure I would find a .012 long-lasting Elixir set around here.

So what would you guys suggest I should buy, in case I don't find it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Brazil Show Events

26. Post #1226
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,809 Posts
    Ernie ball coated Not-Even-Slinkys ?

I've not tried Ernie balls coated strings but I've always wanted to give them a shot. I tend to buy in large quantities and I'm currently stocked up on Rotosound which seem to work for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #1227
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    I think it's time for me to change my guitar strings once again, as the 1st snapped and the other are rusty as fuck.

Though I'd like to know what would you guys suggest:
    Last set was a .011 and I loved it, so I was thinking of buying a heavier gauge set, such as .012.
    But I was disappointed at how short this last set's lifetime was, so I wanted something that lasted longer, such as an Elixir set I bought back in december, which lasted 3 months before the 1st string for some reason snapped and the others started sounding badly, I still have the remaining strings around home, they still haven't built up a considerable amount of rust.
    But then, judging at how bad music and related things are in this city, I'm not sure I would find a .012 long-lasting Elixir set around here.

So what would you guys suggest I should buy, in case I don't find it?
    You should probably be changing strings every few months or so anyway, and that's just bedroom playing. I use Ernie Ball's cobalt-coated strings and I love them to death. They've got pretty much their full range of sizes for 6-string guitars available in Cobalts. Depending on how bad the shops in your area are though, you might have to order online.

28. Post #1228
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,722 Posts
    Starting a new build for myself and one "extra" for open sale. Gonna build myself a spanish cedar Telecaster/Gibson SG hybrid with the 1982 Khaler trem and two hot humbuckers. Gonna order some stainless steel fretwire because I'm tired of this cheap-ass nickel "vintage" shit that wears down after a couple months of hard playing.

If you want to pitch a body design for the "open" one feel free. Nothing really affectatious though. Its a aesthetic > novelty situation, IE: something that looks good because it'll be for sale. Will probably have tele hardware so something retro looking might be good for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #1229
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    It's hard to get a good mix of different shapes a lot of the time. I really like the look of the ProBass Vantage though. Ricky/Jazz mix.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #1230
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    Starting a new build for myself and one "extra" for open sale. Gonna build myself a spanish cedar Telecaster/Gibson SG hybrid with the 1982 Khaler trem and two hot humbuckers. Gonna order some stainless steel fretwire because I'm tired of this cheap-ass nickel "vintage" shit that wears down after a couple months of hard playing.

If you want to pitch a body design for the "open" one feel free. Nothing really affectatious though. Its a aesthetic > novelty situation, IE: something that looks good because it'll be for sale. Will probably have tele hardware so something retro looking might be good for it.
    Firebird with Tele hardware would be badass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #1231
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,722 Posts
    Could try either of those, definitely something to sleep on though.

Interesting

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #1232
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    Could try either of those, definitely something to sleep on though.

Interesting

My god you're alive!
    You should totally make something like that guitar. I think it would be pretty awesome.

33. Post #1233
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts

maybe one of Conklin's soleil singlecut bodies applied to a guitar

34. Post #1234
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    5,061 Posts
    It's hard to get a good mix of different shapes a lot of the time. I really like the look of the ProBass Vantage though. Ricky/Jazz mix.

Ooh, I like that. Too bad it's not a five.

35. Post #1235
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,007 Posts
    the guy did do other stuff too but all of them have gone off of his site so I can't even see what they look like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #1236
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,752 Posts
    Made a little video tonight to convince my friend to set up a coil split for his pickups. Might as well post it here too.

It is my Ibanez RG120 with the seymour duncan '59 in the bridge and super 2 in the neck.

Couldn't play Foxy Lady tonight :(

37. Post #1237
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    Coil splitting is the best thing ever

Still can't believe how good coil split passive EMGs sound, I was really surprised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #1238
    "For I have dined on honey dew..."
    May 2010
    1,238 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #1239
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,866 Posts
    I just recently got a 12 string Fender acoustic/electric. It's pretty dope in general, it's just harder to play because the strings are all so close together and there are so many of them, so it feels like I have to press down twice as hard to fret them, while also requiring more accuracy. I'm getting used to it, though.

But I've read up about 12 string guitars eventually bending in the neck if tuned to standard E because such high tension over time isn't good for them, so I was wondering if maybe I should try something lower? I'm a fan of C#. I think the slack tuning may also make it easier to play.

40. Post #1240
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    i think that was only a huge issue till the truss rod was invented.
    still 12 strings sound pretty cool with down-tunings.

i also know that Rickenbacker 12 strings have 2 truss rods so they never warp even if you tune them up like Johnny Marr