1. Post #721
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,309 Posts
    Wait so I'm the idiot when it's taken 10 posts for someone (who isn't me) to explain what they are saying. Ok bro
    if you know better, why bother asking a forum with people familiar with android and how it actually works?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #722
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,632 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guernsey Show Events

3. Post #723
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    but vil diz maek dem relees stabl for sgs2 w/ recordin?????

Edit: anyway, I'd gladly donate, but then they're using PayPal so all the money might just get stolen by PayPal dissapear and they won't get a single dollar. So no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

4. Post #724
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,670 Posts
    I got a Samsung Galaxy S yesterday, can someone tell me how to root it, what flashing software to use and what are the best ROMs/Kernels closest to the standard ROM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #725
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,211 Posts
    So I forgot to charge my phone for a few days, so I'm on my iPod touch.

All I can say is what the hell. iOS 5 is glitchy, it's default apps crash a lot (twice now while typing this message) and worst of all it is unresponsive. I should not be seeing a visible delay between pressing a button and it happening on the touch gen 4.

I'm rediscovering why I switched to my SGS2 for everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #726
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,309 Posts

All I can say is what the hell. iOS 5 is glitchy, it's default apps crash a lot (twice now while typing this message) and worst of all it is unresponsive. I should not be seeing a visible delay between pressing a button and it happening on the touch gen 4.

as said before, we should start a SGS2 gang, there's shitloads of people with GS2s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #727
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    Can't say I didn't laugh I thought iOS was all about ease of use, speed and stability.

8. Post #728
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,486 Posts
    as said before, we should start a SGS2 gang, there's shitloads of people with GS2s
    What about us Note owners? We're pretty much the same, we just get a better screen and extra .2 GHz of CPU.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #729
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    Notes can join too :buddy:

NoteS2 Boyz in da hood yo

Edited:

We need a painful-to-make hand gang sign

10. Post #730
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,962 Posts
    What about the first GS? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #731
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,211 Posts
    Can't say I didn't laugh I thought iOS was all about ease of use, speed and stability.
    I would take a video now that I've had a chance to charge my phone, but CM9 doesn't have recording capability
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

12. Post #732
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    and that's why I'm still on Gingerbread :x

Sure, you can join too! And all the other phone brands and models. Actually, a gang might be hard to maintain like this.. Let's just make a thread.

Wait..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #733
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,962 Posts
    Its my birthday today and I was going to pick up an acer iconia
    Suddenly they re out of stock :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #734
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,486 Posts
    Let's make this the Galaxy Gang.
    Any Samsung Galaxy phone with a resolution higher or equal to 800x480 can join.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #735
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    Let's make this the Galaxy Gang.
    Any Samsung Galaxy phone with a resolution higher or equal to 800x480 can join.
    Still need a gang sign though

16. Post #736
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Still need a gang sign though

without the last 'S' of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #737
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,309 Posts
    fan club

What about us Note owners? We're pretty much the same, we just get a better screen and extra .2 GHz of CPU.
    looks like we'll be a fan club guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

18. Post #738
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    In other news, CyanogenMod reached their needed goal and will be ordering the new servers shortly. Nightly builds are about to return!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #739
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,925 Posts
    Probably getting a Galaxy Nexus in the next week or so, pretty excited to dump my HTC Hero which is too slow for its own fucking software
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #740

November 2011
    410 Posts
    if you know better, why bother asking a forum with people familiar with android and how it actually works?
    If I knew better I wouldn't need to ask

Edited:

Theres something wrong with your ipod

Edited:

No, you're an idiot for not listening to our advise and for thinking you know better.
    Yeah it's a bit hard to take someone's advice when they just assume everyone has the same level of knowledge as them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #741
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,309 Posts
    If I knew better I wouldn't need to ask

Edited:

Edited:

Yeah it's a bit hard to take someone's advice when they just assume everyone has the same level of knowledge as them
    well you pretty much ignored our advice and acted like you knew better

anyway, for a definite answer, look for Advanced Task Killer (only one I know) for one that you use to kill apps yourself, and it's worth looking into Watchdog Task Manager, it monitors apps and closes the ones that hog memory/cpu

22. Post #742

November 2011
    410 Posts
    Thanks

What's the point of a launcher and why should I get one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

23. Post #743
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Thanks

(If you know what you're doing) full control over your home screens and the app drawer.

24. Post #744
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,724 Posts
    don't

if you force a process to close it will clog up more memory when it starts up again, and if it's in the background it doesn't even use that much ram
    I'd like to add (assuming I'm not late) you should also kill apps that you are not using, for an example, if you play Cut the Rope and you know that you won't play it anymore (as in it's the end of your lunch break, etc.), then I would kill the cached background app and that annoying Billing service app. This applies to all games, IMO. Also, if your main keyboard is, let's say SwiftKey X and you see another keyboard, let's say GO Keyboard, you should kill Go Keyboard as you wouldn't use it, at all.

But you still shouldn't kill apps randomly at will, as said before, it will basically make that app restart. For an example, if you kill an important system app, it would restart and it restarting basically uses up more RAM and your battery to do so. Android is not like some other operating systems.

Only kill apps that you know you don't need or is hogging your resources (CPU, RAM)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #745
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    That's not 100% correct. You should only kill apps hogging CPU, not RAM. Apps that hog CPU are the ones that slow down your phone and drain your battery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

26. Post #746
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,724 Posts
    Thanks

What device do you have?

Anyways. if you don't like the launcher, you want it to look better, or if you want more options towards your launcher, then get a different one on the Android Market. But I would recommend you use the default one first, get used to moving stuff around and using folders/widgets, before lurking off into a new launcher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

27. Post #747
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    Yeah, I kill the ones that drain my battery loads, the browser seems to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #748

November 2011
    410 Posts
    What device do you have?

Anyways. if you don't like the launcher, you want it to look better, or if you want more options towards your launcher, then get a different one on the Android Market. But I would recommend you use the default one first, get used to moving stuff around and using folders/widgets, before lurking off into a new launcher.
    Transformer 101

29. Post #749
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,309 Posts
    Thanks

changes aesthetics mostly, and can enhance usability

30. Post #750

November 2011
    410 Posts
    How can you see if somethings hogging CPU or draining the battery, recently used apps doesn't say

31. Post #751
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,724 Posts
    Yeah, I kill the ones that drain my battery loads, the browser seems to
    Facebook is a huge culprit, so is Twitter. Even if you turn off sync.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #752
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    It is useless to kill any app that has any sort of syncing ability as it will just start itself up after some time anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #753
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,211 Posts
    Worst culprit is microsoft's hotmail app.

My dad installed it on his Nexus S instead of using the default mail app (even though the default one had more features/better interface). The OS consistently reported that ~37% of his battery was being used on that app.

Effects my gen 2, and my dad's gen 4 ipod touch as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

34. Post #754
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,309 Posts
    How can you see if somethings hogging CPU or draining the battery, recently used apps doesn't say
    phone acts sluggish, battery stats reports one app hogging an unusual percent of the battery, stuff like that

betterbatterystats even checks for wakelocks caused by processes

35. Post #755
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,153 Posts
    i always kill the browser since theres no other way to kill it, its always running
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

36. Post #756
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    i always kill the browser since theres no other way to kill it, its always running
    cm7 has a setting to kill an app by holding the back button.

37. Post #757
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,724 Posts
    Or if your phone is slowing down, it's always good to restart your phone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #758
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,211 Posts
    Assuming you are using opera mobile:

settings > advanced > [ ] Exit button.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

39. Post #759
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,724 Posts
    legit or not?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

40. Post #760
    click the fucking link and see if it's legit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)