1. Post #1441
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,587 Posts
    You can get a lot of wallpapers here at wallbase.cc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #1442
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,412 Posts
    opera mini is pretty shit to be honest

only good for when on EDGE (which is never)
    It's the best solution for when you have a shitty FUP limit from a shitty provider. Painful to use certain website elements but the data saving makes it worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

3. Post #1443
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,130 Posts
    oh, right, i forgot :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

4. Post #1444
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    Why is The One XL, US only.

God damn it HTC.
    It's LTE only, so they will be region/carrier specific, but the only difference will by the supported radio bands.

Edited:

At least, that's what I'm guessing. Expect some GSM carriers in Canada, some in Korea, Australia, and possibly in Europe to get the phone, judging by the way the HTC Raider was sent out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

5. Post #1445
    ''just wondering''
    December 2008
    2,848 Posts
    After trying to wake up my Unrooted Asus TF101 it powered on and got stuck in a bootloop....
    fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Edited:

and then it stopped when I plugged it into an outlet... scariest moments of my life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1446
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,633 Posts
    For whatever reason a lot of colorful things on my phone would have fugly color banding problems, and i randomly enabled surface dithering in CM settings for shiggles, rebooted and now they are gone :D

7. Post #1447
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    Is it me or is the ICS stock browser a LOT faster and less crashier than the Honeycomb stock browser? It actually feels like a Dual-Core device with 1GB of ram now.

Edited:

And more apps need native keyboard and mouse support, now that mouse support is officially in Ice Cream Sandwich.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events

8. Post #1448
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,050 Posts
    opera mini is pretty shit to be honest

only good for when on EDGE (which is never)
    Or your phone's shit/live in South Dakota. Seriously Opera Mobile is a pretty demanding application for my phone.

9. Post #1449
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    For whatever reason a lot of colorful things on my phone would have fugly color banding problems, and i randomly enabled surface dithering in CM settings for shiggles, rebooted and now they are gone :D
    That's indicative of low color depth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

10. Post #1450
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,435 Posts
    So many dock icons! Also, mind sharing that wallpaper?

and what the hell, suddenly I can't rate from Opera Mini..
    Not exactly dock icons.
    Also, here, just pick a size: https://www.google.com/search?q=unfo...w=1280&bih=728
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Russian Federation Show Events

11. Post #1451
    Hi.
    July 2011
    4,353 Posts
    Just got a Galaxy nexus on a plan and I'm loving it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #1452
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,952 Posts
    Can any Acer Iconia users recommend me a good rom?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

13. Post #1453
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,698 Posts
    You know how someone called be a bloody thief and how I couldn't steal anything better than that Mini Pro? Well Guess Again.

Edit: This was suppose to be a joke but it has clearly failed.
    you are a snoop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

14. Post #1454
    Hi.
    July 2011
    4,353 Posts
    Is it normal for a nexus to charge 30% in 3 hours if it is in use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #1455
    February 2011
    4,526 Posts
    Is it normal for a nexus to charge 30% in 3 hours if it is in use.
    Depends on what you use it for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

16. Post #1456
    Hi.
    July 2011
    4,353 Posts
    Also I'm guessing you can't but is there a way to leave youtube videos playing with audio while you switch processes. pauses as of now.

17. Post #1457

November 2011
    410 Posts
    Also I'm guessing you can't but is there a way to leave youtube videos playing with audio while you switch processes. pauses as of now.
    i asked this and they called me stupid
    aka they cant see people want to use a device that advertises itself as being customisable to do what you want, to well, do what you want

18. Post #1458
    Hi.
    July 2011
    4,353 Posts
    Oh I know it's a dumb question, I'm 99% sure you can't as it would be running it in the background to free up ram. Thought I may as well ask anyway.

Edited:

Is there a quick way to close all sessions though?

Mine gets backed up and I cant find anything.

19. Post #1459

November 2011
    410 Posts
    the thing is though ios can do it and every single one of their devices has less ram
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

20. Post #1460
    February 2011
    4,526 Posts
    the thing is though ios can do it and every single one of their devices has less ram
    Seriously dude, if you haven't taken the hint yet then just leave this thread and go back to iOS.

Stop your unjustified bitching about Android IN and Android thread!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1461

November 2011
    410 Posts
    So im not allowed to talk about a great feature i (and others) want for my tablet that another os has because you dont like it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #1462
    February 2011
    4,526 Posts
    So im not allowed to talk about a great feature i (and others) want for my tablet that another os has because you dont like it
    By all means, be my guest to do that, but not in a way that is set off to agitate and intentionally dis Android without backing your argument up with constructive criticism to justify your complaint.

Don't just say "iOS does that already" and that's it. You are bound to attract hate with that attitude in an Android thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

23. Post #1463

November 2011
    410 Posts
    but ios can do it where android cant, and android devices are known for having a much higher ammount of ram than ios

24. Post #1464
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,377 Posts
    I don't know about running it in the background, but I highly dislike the fact that the video pauses when I lock my phone. I sometimes listen to music from Youtube and it'd save at least a bit of the battery.

Especially irritating seeing how you could lock your phone without it stopping the video before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #1465
    Hi.
    July 2011
    4,353 Posts
    Maybe an app..

26. Post #1466
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,412 Posts
    There's an app for almost everything, so something like a "youtube music player" has to be around.

On the other hand, I fail to see why would people want to listen to music on youtube. Most of the videos have changed pitch/speed to avoid getting taken down by youtube takedown bot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #1467
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,123 Posts
    There's an app for almost everything, so something like a "youtube music player" has to be around.

On the other hand, I fail to see why would people want to listen to music on youtube. Most of the videos have changed pitch/speed to avoid getting taken down by youtube takedown bot
    Get Tinyshark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

28. Post #1468
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,435 Posts
    Seriously mcgee, you're like Gizmodo, hating every android device that's different from the iPhone for being different from the "golden standard" of iPhone and iPad, and hating every device that is similar for being a rip off.

why did you even get an android device, if you don't even like android?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

29. Post #1469

November 2011
    410 Posts
    its not that i dont like it, its that i cant do what i want to do with it and when you ask about it you get some spergy response about how your doing it wrong

it was either a free transformer or a laptop so i thought why not ill give it a go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #1470
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    its not that i dont like it, its that i cant do what i want to do with it and when you ask about it you get some spergy response about how your doing it wrong

it was either a free transformer or a laptop so i thought why not ill give it a go.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...stig.QueueTube

You might want to try this google thing some time, gives you all kinds of handy linky thingys that let you go to other website thingys where you can read thingys and quite possibly find a solution thingy you know?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #1471
    [release]
    Google once considered issuing its own currency, to be called Google Bucks, company Chairman Eric Schmidt said on stage in Barcelona at the Mobile World Congress Tuesday.

At the end of his keynote speech, Schmidt hit on a wide array of topics in response to audience questions. "We've had various proposals to have our own currency we were going to call Google Bucks," Schmidt said.

The idea was to implement a "peer-to-peer money" system. However, Google discovered that the concept is illegal in most areas, he said. Governments are typically wary of the potential for money laundering with such proposals. "Ultimately we decided we didn't want to get into that because of these issues," Schmidt said.

He also hinted that Google might be preparing for a battle in China once its acquisition of Motorola is complete. "Google's been willing to take on China pretty well," he said, in response to a question about whether Google expected to continue to ignore theft of Motorola intellectual property in China, as Motorola has been doing. The acquisition hasn't closed yet, Schmidt noted. "We've taken a pretty strong position on IP. We are well aware of the issues and we are considering your question," he said.

Google is still waiting for some government approvals of its proposed acquisition of Motorola.

Schmidt, who showed off the new Chrome browser that runs on Ice Cream Sandwich devices, said he expects Android smartphones to continue to get cheaper. Ice Cream Sandwich is the newest version of the Android OS. "We have many partners who are working on phones that will be in the $100 to $150 range," he said. Their goal is to reach $70. While Android phones may sell in the U.S. at about $150 with a two-year contract, they are often several hundred dollars without a contract.

Schmidt also said he hopes that some companies that are using Android but not adopting any Google products will change their minds. Products like Amazon's Kindle Fire use Android, which is available through an open-source license, but don't include the Android Market or other apps that make money for Google. "We hope that people who decided not to use the Android Market will see they'll be more successful if they do so, but it's their choice," he said.

After making prepared remarks that described a future where Internet access becomes a great leveler for even the most disadvantaged and oppressed people, Schmidt sounded only slightly apologetic to one questioner from Iran. The audience member noted that while Gmail is sometimes blocked by the Iranian government, Google itself blocks Android and Chrome from Iran. He asked Schmidt to remove that block.

"The answer is no, I'm sorry," Schmidt said. Due to U.S. policy, Google isn't able to allow those products, he said. "We can't violate U.S. law. I'm with you, but in prison there's no bandwidth," he joked.[/release]

http://www.itworld.com/networking/25...suing-currency

I bet faze would had walk into a Apple store and throw his google currency all over the floor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #1472
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,412 Posts
    I bet faze would had walk into a Apple store and throw his google currency all over the floor
    Shirtless with a giant Android tattoo on his body. With his nipples used as Androids eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

33. Post #1473
    Shirtless with a giant Android tattoo on his body. With his nipples used as Androids eyes.
    And a paper cut out of the android pasted over his crotch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #1474
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,377 Posts
    No other way of listening to a specific song at the moment is pretty much the only reason. I don't know of anything like Spotify for Android.

Weird though, I haven't noticed any changes in the songs I've listened to. There's not many, admittedly, but it might be the fact that listening from Youtube usually happens in a car.

35. Post #1475
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,502 Posts
    No other way of listening to a specific song at the moment is pretty much the only reason. I don't know of anything like Spotify for Android.

Weird though, I haven't noticed any changes in the songs I've listened to. There's not many, admittedly, but it might be the fact that listening from Youtube usually happens in a car.
    Grooveshark is pretty good, and I think there's a grooveshark app.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #1476
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,377 Posts
    Grooveshark is pretty good, and I think there's a grooveshark app.
    Found one called Tinyshark. Apparently missed Robber's post earlier. Thank you guys, seems like just the app I need!

37. Post #1477
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,123 Posts
    I'll post it again:

Get Tinyshark. It has more music than Youtube and is free.

Edit:
    Oh, the irony. Now I didn't see Muntu's post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

38. Post #1478
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,561 Posts
    ICS on my Asus transformer
    Smooth and sexy

Also noticed that they now have spelling check built in
    they will underline words and you can hold down on it for spelling suggestions.

Edited:

Stock browser, facepunch ticker works really well now, it is not smooth, but it updates constantly

Edited:

Only complaint so far is that it does not show the charge of the dock battery
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

39. Post #1479
    I hate how I can't use my music player to make songs into my ringtones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1480
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,587 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)