1. Post #1841
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    I got the phone, but I'm having an issue. When I go to the app market I'm told "there are no android phones associated with this account". I've searched around for a solution but I can't find anything. They all say to use the app on your phone but that's what I'm doing.
    I've now managed to get the app market working, but it appears to be the old one rather than google play. not sure if thats a problem

also the camera on this thing is amazing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #1842
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,879 Posts
    ... You might want to get checked if you're green and have antennas on your head.
    I happen to wear a green shirt, green hoddie and green socks, oh shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

3. Post #1843
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,994 Posts
    Because you're on O2?
    I actually agree.

4. Post #1844
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,879 Posts
    I have noticed that google play is faster than the android market app.

Also this is going to be the last four hours with my mini pro until I send it off for fixing...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1845
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,379 Posts
    Not sure if you still need it but here:
    http://carbon.navalrp.co.uk/AOKPNoteM4.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #1846
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    Just read the iPad 3 thread in the news section. God dammit faze needs to stop posting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1847
    November 2009
    10,508 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #1848
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    holy shit you haven't been here since ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

9. Post #1849
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,879 Posts
    Well after looking at the specs for once annotated eating apples, I was like on the specs. Quad core graphics? Like the ps vita. That hd screen, better than pretty much any android tablet to date.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

10. Post #1850
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,174 Posts
    im sorry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Sweden Show Events

11. Post #1851
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,879 Posts
    Wow, 300mb I believe my ICS update would be smaller but still, that's a lot.

12. Post #1852
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    Wow, 300mb I believe my ICS update would be smaller but still, that's a lot.
    Something tells me 220mb of that is Sense 3.6
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

13. Post #1853
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,879 Posts
    I think you're right about that.

14. Post #1854
    February 2011
    4,526 Posts
    Can't say I feel particularly lucky when I don't own an HTC Sensation to upgrade...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #1855
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    Flash the entire ROM without bootloaders in Odin again. If that fails, flash a version with bootloaders and pray you don't get a failed flash midway through.
    I managed to find a rom with a bootloader, and it works now. Thanks for your help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #1856
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,879 Posts
    So I just factory reset my phone, ready to give it in.

Hey, will they accuse me of rooting my phone/installing different ROM or whatever therefore voiding my warrenty because I reset or flashed it twice?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #1857
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    as long as it's on a stock rom and unrooted, you should be okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events

18. Post #1858
    : |
    February 2009
    3,702 Posts
    My HTC Desire S has stopped auto-capitalising letters after punctuation marks. I googled the problem but found nothing useful to me.

It's not a terrible problem, it just gets annoying having to press shift whenever I start a new sentence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

19. Post #1859
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,879 Posts
    It's going to be a grim week or so without my Mini Pro...

I'll laugh if they send me a new one the next day

What are the chances of them sending me a brand new one? I mean there are a ton of problems with it.

Problems sent:
    1. Electrostatic Noise on both speakers
    2. Defective phone body causing clicky back panel
    3. Dead pixels on screen
    4. (I'll add) Touchscreen lag, not responsive

They are basically replacing most of the phone.

20. Post #1860
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,554 Posts
    I recommend anyone who feels like they're experiencing less than satisfactory battery life to let their phone run down all the way to zero. You'll be surprised when your phone hangs at one percent for two hours. And it will make your phone have better battery reporting stats after that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #1861
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    4. (I'll add) Touchscreen lag, not responsive
    I think that's thanks to your slow processor, and not a problem with the phone itself. Same with the creaking, it's just cheap plastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

22. Post #1862
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    No creaking Galaxy S2 master race

hurr ur fones made of plastik
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #1863
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    My HTC Desire S has stopped auto-capitalising letters after punctuation marks. I googled the problem but found nothing useful to me.

It's not a terrible problem, it just gets annoying having to press shift whenever I start a new sentence.
    Go into your input settings?

24. Post #1864
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,174 Posts
    but galaxy s2 is good plastic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #1865
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,879 Posts
    I think that's thanks to your slow processor, and not a problem with the phone itself. Same with the creaking, it's just cheap plastic.
    I was installing uninstalling something, couldn't press okay, ended up using the keyboard to press enter.

I believe the touchscreen fails...

Also, for the creaking, ive tried other back plates from other people (it's what happens when I help people choose phones ) and it still has that problem, so it's the phone's bodys fault

26. Post #1866
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,489 Posts
    So what's a good remote control app?
    I was looking at gPad but apparently that sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #1867
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    Unfortunately, pulling the battery didn't do anything. I fell asleep after pulling it last night, plugged it back in this morning, and the battery is still plummeting.

Halp :c
    Try getting another kernel/ROM, flash at 100%.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #1868
    March 2008
    3,203 Posts
    I was installing uninstalling something, couldn't press okay, ended up using the keyboard to press enter.

I believe the touchscreen fails...

Also, for the creaking, ive tried other back plates from other people (it's what happens when I help people choose phones ) and it still has that problem, so it's the phone's bodys fault
    Sony's firmware is bloated, thats why there is input lag. Get CM7. The uninstall thing was just a bug, nothing to do with the screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #1869
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,971 Posts
    Try getting another kernel/ROM, flash at 100%.
    Or just wipe the battery stats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

30. Post #1870
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    Or just wipe the battery stats
    Doesn't do shit, you have to get the phone into learn mode for HTC phones and for Samsung phones they don't need to be calibrated anyway.

31. Post #1871
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,971 Posts
    Doesn't do shit, you have to get the phone into learn mode for HTC phones and for Samsung phones they don't need to be calibrated anyway.
    My samsung I9000 battery stats didn't work well until I wiped them (showed 50% on full and held for hours on 1%)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

32. Post #1872
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,726 Posts
    My samsung I9000 battery stats didn't work well until I wiped them (showed 50% on full and held for hours on 1%)
    If that's what wiping the battery stats fixes, then that's not my problem. When my battery is at 1%, it's definitely at 1%

I also know that my rom isn't the problem, because I was using cm7 before, and the battery was better than the default Sense rom.

So it's most likely the tiamat kernel. I'm hesitant to try one of those "trickle charge" roms, because knowing my luck I'll be the one that gets his phone battery turned into a bomb because of it.

So what's a good battery life preserving kernel for my Evo 4g?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

33. Post #1873
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    If that's what wiping the battery stats fixes, then that's not my problem. When my battery is at 1%, it's definitely at 1%

I also know that my rom isn't the problem, because I was using cm7 before, and the battery was better than the default Sense rom.

So it's most likely the tiamat kernel. I'm hesitant to try one of those "trickle charge" roms, because knowing my luck I'll be the one that gets his phone battery turned into a bomb because of it.

So what's a good battery life preserving kernel for my Evo 4g?
    Just try the stock CM7 kernel?

Edited:

Sounds unlikely, I would've just pulled the battery at 4.2v to calibrate.

34. Post #1874

November 2011
    410 Posts
    Shit, I'm still suffering from the Apple fan disease, I want that new iPad, even though I like Android more and sold all my Apple stuff :(

Though I'm also waiting for that unannounced 11.6 Galaxy Tab.

Edited:

Also, HTC have really stepped their game up this year.
    I wonder what samsung is going to do about this.
    Hopefully they will get their shit together and stop releasing so fucking many useless identical low-range phones..
    Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Gio, Galaxy Mini, Galaxy Three, Galaxy Bullshit...
    seriously anything past the iphone 4s dpi is a waste of money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #1875
    Tea
    Dennab
    December 2008
    4,084 Posts
    is there any way I can upgrade my htc desire to the latest version of gingerbread but not have the htc sense bullshit?

36. Post #1876
    is there any way I can upgrade my htc desire to the latest version of gingerbread but not have the htc sense bullshit?
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1877
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    404 Posts
    CM7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #1878
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    I recommend anyone who feels like they're experiencing less than satisfactory battery life to let their phone run down all the way to zero. You'll be surprised when your phone hangs at one percent for two hours. And it will make your phone have better battery reporting stats after that.
    also, I've heard yesterday that the high battery drain on the SGS and SGS II on Android 2.x is caused by applications which use sensors

and I think I might confirm that, I've used that sleep tracking app which uses the accelerometer, left the phone plugged in overnight like I always do, and I found the phone extremely hot when I woke up (really scared me)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

39. Post #1879
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,879 Posts
    Sony's firmware is bloated, thats why there is input lag. Get CM7. The uninstall thing was just a bug, nothing to do with the screen.
    I know, I plan to root when the warrenty is done (Sept. 2012) so I can just root it and install CM7, or just remove all of the crap from my carrier and Sony Ericsson.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

40. Post #1880
    I know, I plan to root when the warrenty is done (Sept. 2012) so I can just root it and install CM7, or just remove all of the crap from my carrier and Sony Ericsson.
    root it now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)