1. Post #4041
    Man my SGSII running CodeNameAndroid using the FD24 modem SUCKS ASS with battery. 10% drain in 2 hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4042
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,083 Posts
    How to I change ROM to the cynogen ROM from my Hydrog3n one? Do I have to format my phone again?
    And your lucky you loose 10% battery in 2 hours, I loose 50% battery in 2 hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

3. Post #4043
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,374 Posts
    VIA should feel horrible for drafting the reference designs for those tablets.
    It's essentially that tab that gives android a bad name. People spend shit all on it and decide it's Android's fault that it lags/doesn't turn on/explodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4044
    Get out of here, G.A.R.R.Y.
    March 2010
    1,324 Posts
    Step 1: Apply face to desk with a large amount of force.
    Step 2: Lift face back up to upright position.
    Step 3: Go back to step 1, and repeat until you're unconscious.
    i did it and my fac bled plz help wat 2 do

edit: yes its from china :e
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

5. Post #4045
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

6. Post #4046
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,604 Posts
    Holy shit this phone is fast, as is t-mo's 4G, bloatware is rampant but once i root it itll be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

7. Post #4047
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,392 Posts
    It's essentially that tab that gives android a bad name. People spend shit all on it and decide it's Android's fault that it lags/doesn't turn on/explodes.
    tl;dr: they (the user(s)) are going it wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #4048
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,124 Posts
    tl;dr: they (the user(s)) are going it wrong.
    no, they're just shitty tablets that should not be sold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #4049
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    no, they're just shitty tablets that should not be sold
    Well it's still the users fault for buying them.
    That said, their existence is still pretty much pointless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #4050
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,083 Posts
    How to I change ROM to the cynogen ROM from my Hydrog3n one? Do I have to format my phone again?

11. Post #4051
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Flash cyanogenmod the exact same why you flashed hydrog3n, if it fails to boot up after flashing, flash it again that should fix it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #4052
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    I'm such a moron, I'm trying to flash a new kernel to my Nexus S - "SDcard mount error",
    I have full device encryption enabled don't I, doh!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #4053
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,083 Posts
    Flash cyanogenmod the exact same why you flashed hydrog3n, if it fails to boot up after flashing, flash it again that should fix it.
    Do I have to reformat my phone? And do you have a link to the newest Cyanogen?

14. Post #4054
    You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
    January 2007
    1,961 Posts
    What's with the Apple logo showing on my posts from my Galaxy Tab?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #4055
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    Browser useragent, its easier to detect apple tablets than android tabs serverside, due to the vague useragent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #4056
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,408 Posts
    Do I have to reformat my phone? And do you have a link to the newest Cyanogen?
    get.cm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #4057
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,554 Posts
    Wtf Sony. A friend got a Sony Xperia Mini Pro and wanted to put CM on it, though in the diagnostics menu it says "Bootloader Unlock Allowed: No". After looking around for an hour, it looks like the only way to unlock the bootloader is to get some guy by the name of "Jinx13" from some forum to unlock the bootloader remotely for $15 GBP (About $23 CAD).

And this is why I'm going to buy Samsung / Nexus phones for the forseeable future...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #4058
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,446 Posts
    Wtf Sony. A friend got a Sony Xperia Mini Pro and wanted to put CM on it, though in the diagnostics menu it says "Bootloader Unlock Allowed: No". After looking around for an hour, it looks like the only way to unlock the bootloader is to get some guy by the name of "Jinx13" from some forum to unlock the bootloader remotely for $15 GBP (About $23 CAD).

And this is why I'm going to buy Samsung / Nexus phones for the forseeable future...
    My Xperia Ray was unlock allowed when I got it from Vodafone. Maybe it depends on the carrier?

19. Post #4059
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    15???

What a dick.

20. Post #4060
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,554 Posts
    My Xperia Ray was unlock allowed when I got it from Vodafone. Maybe it depends on the carrier?
    It's from Rogers. After reading the thread, I see quite a few Rogers phone owners wanting unlocks.

21. Post #4061
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    Loving this HTC One X. I'm so glad the guy at the store told me about it, I got it about 30 minutes after the shipment had been delivered and the display wasn't set up yet.

A week later and still none of the reported issues. I had one time where it wouldn't connect to the 4G for some reason, so I just restarted the phone and it was fixed.

Hell, even the camera is great. Tried taking some slo-mo videos and I was surprised by the quality.

HTC really stepped up their game. Even the Sense 4.0 interface is fantastic. It's beautiful yet it feels extremely useable and efficient. It's not slow, clunky, and it doesn't seem like they put a lot of wasteful things into it. It just does what it needs to do.

And it's genius that they included a flashlight app by default that supports multiple flash brightness. Fuckin' useful.

22. Post #4062
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,604 Posts
    I would have gone with the HTC One S rather than the blaze if the down payment+ tax wasn't over $200

The blaze was $125 or so and i regret nothing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

23. Post #4063
    I just got SGS II, I won't have to use my old KP500 anymore.
    And the screen is SO. FUCKING. HUGE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

24. Post #4064
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,408 Posts
    And the screen is SO. FUCKING. HUGE.
    Congrats! It's still a kick ass phone, even though it's almost a year old now.

And come back in a week, you'll feel like the screen size is just perfect and everything smaller is a toy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #4065
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,792 Posts
    Congrats! It's still a kick ass phone, even though it's almost a year old now.

And come back in a week, you'll feel like the screen size is just perfect and everything smaller is a toy.
    It took me less than a day to realize that.

How the fuck can my friend live with that x10 mini pro jesus christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4066
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    How can my friend live with that iPhone jesus christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #4067
    I seem to have a problem already.
    While I can connect to my Wi-Fi network with WPA sercurity, it doesn't work with WEP. And the problem itself is that my brother's phone has only WEP. Is there any way to get WEP to work for mine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

28. Post #4068
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    I seem to have a problem already.
    While I can connect to my Wi-Fi network with WPA sercurity, it doesn't work with WEP. And the problem itself is that my brother's phone has only WEP. Is there any way to get WEP to work for mine?
    Network settings + screenshot of connecting not working might help.

29. Post #4069
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #4070
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Why are you static routing?
    Are your settings the same for all other devices in your network? The DNS ip doesn't look right to me, unless your router functions as a DNS server that is.

31. Post #4071
    When I have static IP disabled it's stuck at obtaining IP adress like this:

I've yet to check other devices, though I'm quite certain they have the same DNS addresses.

32. Post #4072
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Do you have a mac filter?

Edited:

I use my ISP's DNS server IP's, so I can't really say if what you're doing is correct or not.

Still, wrong dns settings shouldn't have anything to do with obtaining an ip address.

Edited:

I'm sure you've tried 'forgetting' the network, restarting your device and connect again?

33. Post #4073
    MAC's enabled, I added my phone too. I'll try forgetting and restarting now.

34. Post #4074
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    What I usually have to do is disable the mac filter, let the device connect to the network and then enabling it again, and adding the new device.

35. Post #4075
    For some reason I get 'Unable to connect to save the network' message when I try to connect now.
    I'll try doing as you said above.
    Edit: Oh wait, I've been typing in the wrong password.

Edited:

Disabling MAC filter didn't work, it's still obtaining IP.

Edited:

I also have everything set to automatic here.

Edited:

I've found a way to get my brother's phone to work with WPA. So right now all the problems are solved, I might need help with updating to ICS though later (I hope I'll be able to do that myself).

36. Post #4076
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,392 Posts
    It took me less than a day to realize that.

How the fuck can my friend live with that x10 mini pro jesus christ.
    The same way I live with my Mini Pro...

Every other phone is a fucking huge ass monster!

But still, my phone is sssslllllooooowwwwwwwww
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

37. Post #4077
    Planning to get a android tablet to substitude as a laptop for school. I asked one of the electronic shops, they said the transformer prime ended production, and adviced me to get a Eepad slider instead, they said the only good thing about transformer prime was that it has a additional usb slot, and the laptop dock is a about the weight of a eepad slider. But he told me the newer transformer prime will be coming in next month. Should I wait or get the eepad slider for $499?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

38. Post #4078
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,392 Posts
    Planning to get a android tablet to substitude as a laptop for school. I asked one of the electronic shops, they said the transformer prime ended production, and adviced me to get a Eepad slider instead, they said the only good thing about transformer prime was that it has a additional usb slot, and the laptop dock is a about the weight of a eepad slider. But he told me the newer transformer prime will be coming in next month. Should I wait or get the eepad slider for $499?
    I would wait but the new transformer prime will probably be more expensive than the eepad, but the base model is probably still $499.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

39. Post #4079
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Wait

40. Post #4080
    Silly question, can i boot into windows on the transformer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)