1. Post #4401
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,265 Posts
    whoa i just tried out kies air for the first time on my galaxy note.

i can send text messages and shit from my PC web browser.

this shit's cray yo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4402
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,374 Posts
    whoa i just tried out kies air for the first time on my galaxy note.

i can send text messages and shit from my PC web browser.

this shit's cray yo
    cough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #4403
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,541 Posts
    Okay guys, what do? Me and my cousin were installing a theme into his Droid Razr (GSM version) and the tutorial didn't say to wipe cache before flashing the theme, so we got stuck in a bootloop. No biggie, just go into RSDLite and reinstall the default ROM. But then it failed saying the battery was low, so we left it for 30 minutes charging. No luck. Left it for about an hour. Still failed saying battery low. So he goes home and says he'll leave it charging overnight and try it on his own.

Today I wake up and see that he messaged me on Facebook saying that it doesn't charge anymore. It just sits there when it's plugged into a wall. The battery is not removeable, and due to the locked bootloader we can't just go and restore a nandroid to where it recognizes that it's supposed to be charging. What can we do now?

tl;dr: Droid RAZR stuck in a bootloop + wont charge so I can flash a factory ROM. how do fix?
    http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...e-phone-apart/

4. Post #4404
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Thanks man, I'll let my cousin know about this and see how it goes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

5. Post #4405
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    Well that's the problem, I didn't buy a warranty and 14 days after I get a phone, I can't get another replacement.

I've done plenty of reading on this and I know they're not just shitting me to save money. I'm legitimately bent over to Verizon right now.
    You have a one year warranty with HTC too. Cash in on it.

Edited:

I can't stand AT&T support, they kept trying to tell me that my problem was not covered by the warranty, even though it had overheated constantly causing the screen to go bad.
    ALSO don't get insurance for your phone because you have to pay the same amount you payed for it and they will "PAY THE REST" No point to it.

How do I reset the root counter on my phone, I have to send it in with the stock rom
    Either use USB jig (it's a resistor on one of the microusb pins to send it to download mode when off), or use Chainfire's triangleaway app.

Edited:

They're still iOS themes. Your point?
    Android can look good but it requires money or a lot of digging through shit to find the diamonds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #4406
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,841 Posts
    You have a one year warranty with HTC too. Cash in on it.
    I would be left without a phone, wouldn't I? For some time at least.

7. Post #4407
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    I would be left without a phone, wouldn't I? For some time at least.
    True, but hey, if it means you get a working phone I'd say it'd be worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #4408
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,841 Posts
    True, but hey, if it means you get a working phone I'd say it'd be worth it.
    Well I doubt the model is reliable since this is my third phone anyway.

9. Post #4409
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,198 Posts
    Very good SGSII Kernel thread for those interested:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1610044

XDA needs more of those threads, they're brilliant.

10. Post #4410
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,084 Posts
    Is it normal for Android OS to take up 38% of battery use
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4411

May 2006
    8,988 Posts
    I'd be pretty butthurt if I spend shitloads of dosh on a device and it can't even keep tabs open.

Edited:

Bearing in mind he's wanted a Note since like the third Android thread.
    Never heard of the problem he's having, my Note keeps tabs open just fine.

12. Post #4412
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,399 Posts
    It only happens on ICS, Gingerbread is fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #4413
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    not really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

14. Post #4414
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    7,924 Posts
    ALSO don't get insurance for your phone because you have to pay the same amount you payed for it and they will "PAY THE REST" No point to it.

How do I reset the root counter on my phone, I have to send it in with the stock rom
    You do know a brand new phone costs like $500+ off contract right? Even used they can be a very substantial amount (most likely more than you payed for it). The $100 you probably payed for the phone is just a subsidized price. Its more like a down payment. Insurance is there for a reason. The $80 (that's what it is with Verizon anyway) deductible to get a new phone is a pittance in comparison.

Whether or not insurance is a ripoff is still up for debate (if you never use it, you're out $10 month for 24 months) and if you have an old phone its probably not worth insurance, but to say there is no point is pretty silly.

Edited:

I know the Galaxy Nexus had a bug which showed abnormally high Android OS usage in 4.0.2. It was fixed in 4.0.4 as far as I can tell. So it might just be a bug.

15. Post #4415
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,785 Posts
    Any news on when the next update for the Asus transformer prime is coming.
    Im looking forward to getting android 4.0.4 for my tablet, aswell as some bugs being fixed for the asus firmware itself

While talking about bugs, im getting this issue with my prime where sometimes games will all of a sudden go into a loop of a few frames, and i will have to exit the game, or, sometimes have to reboot my tablet for it to work again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

16. Post #4416
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,446 Posts
    I was thinking about getting the HTC One X because it looks pretty awesome, but there's one huge flaw which I think ruins the phone; the unibody design. When I'm switching ROMs, I quite often freeze the phone on boot due to me forgetting to wipe the cache partition or whatever, and can only fix that by taking out the battery and putting it back in again... if I do that on a One X, do I really have to pull the entire phone apart or wait for the battery to run down? Or am I missing something.

17. Post #4417
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,198 Posts
    I was thinking about getting the HTC One X because it looks pretty awesome, but there's one huge flaw which I think ruins the phone; the unibody design. When I'm switching ROMs, I quite often freeze the phone on boot due to me forgetting to wipe the cache partition or whatever, and can only fix that by taking out the battery and putting it back in again... if I do that on a One X, do I really have to pull the entire phone apart or wait for the battery to run down? Or am I missing something.
    Press and hold power button simulates battery removal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4418
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,446 Posts
    Press and hold power button simulates battery removal
    Oh! I didn't know that. Well, that clears up that glaring issue. Thank you!

19. Post #4419
    April 2009
    14,399 Posts
    Checked out the One X today, guess what issue I found on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #4420
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,408 Posts
    Starting to sound like a russian conspiracy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

21. Post #4421
    October 2007
    2,001 Posts
    Why did Sprint insist on renaming the One X and then putting it in a different case?

22. Post #4422
    April 2009
    14,399 Posts
    Because they have their own HTC Evo brand

Edited:

Which is a pretty cool name, and the phones under that name are pretty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events

23. Post #4423
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,412 Posts
    n7Player Unlocker is $2.49, (on sale), but what was the original price, $4.99? I haven't touched n7player in a month now but I know it's pretty good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...playerunlocker

also, OfficeSuite Pro 6 is on sale for $0.99, a month after I bought it for $2.99...

I wonder if I can still get a refund and buy it again now...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

24. Post #4424
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,454 Posts
    n7Player Unlocker is $2.49, (on sale), but what was the original price, $4.99? I haven't touched n7player in a month now but I know it's pretty good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...playerunlocker

also, OfficeSuite Pro 6 is on sale for $0.99, a month after I bought it for $2.99...

I wonder if I can still get a refund and buy it again now...
    How does it compare to poweramp?

25. Post #4425
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,574 Posts
    PowerAMP is the best allrounder
    Neutron Music Player for audiophiles who hate their batteries
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4426
    Recently I had problems with updating my SGS II to ICS because Kies refused to update it as my firmware has been detected as Korean. I downloaded flashed a correct ROM (unbranded Polish) and it still detects as Korean. This is very confusing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

27. Post #4427
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,408 Posts
    Recently I had problems with updating my SGS II to ICS because Kies refused to update it as my firmware has been detected as Korean. I downloaded flashed a correct ROM (unbranded Polish) and it still detects as Korean. This is very confusing.
    I thought flashing would reset that.. oh well, another way:
    *#272*YOURIMEI#

A list of codes will appear, I think XEU is the unbranded Polish code. Select that, it will factory reset your phone though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

28. Post #4428
    it will factory reset your phone though.

Still, thanks for the info. I've already made backups so I'll find out the code and do the reset either this evening or tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #4429
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,412 Posts
    PowerAMP is best overall, n7 looks great and has this nice Album viewer, try out the trial
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

30. Post #4430
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,408 Posts

Still, thanks for the info. I've already made backups so I'll find out the code and do the reset either this evening or tomorrow.
    Just checked for you:
    XEO = Unbranded
    IDE = Orange
    PLS = Plus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #4431
    March 2010
    583 Posts
    i think poweramp and this n7 thing look a bit gaudy to be honest

32. Post #4432
    Just checked for you:
    XEO = Unbranded
    IDE = Orange
    PLS = Plus
    Nice, that's kind of you. So after I type that code with IMEI and then choose the XEO CSC code this should be it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

33. Post #4433
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    I just use spotify as my music player
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #4434
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,408 Posts
    Nice, that's kind of you. So after I type that code with IMEI and then choose the XEO CSC code this should be it?
    I think so, yes. your phone will factory reset/restart and you should hopefully be sorted for the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #4435
    I think so, yes. your phone will factory reset/restart and you should hopefully be sorted for the future.
    All right then, I just finished setting it up after the reset. Kies says there's an update available, but it says I need to completely charge up the battery.

Edited:

Oh, I almost forgot - thank you everyone who helped me with this, I'm really grateful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #4436
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,084 Posts
    Is there any good skins for Poweramp? I think the UI is pretty ugly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

37. Post #4437
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    8,912 Posts
    Is it worth buying a Droid Bionic new for $300? I'd like a Razr, but they're still crazy expensive. The Bionic sports the same processor and screen, and seems like a deal now that it's obsolete. I love my Droid X, but it's ancient. I want something with more modern specs that I can also use with aftermarket ROMs.

38. Post #4438
    October 2007
    2,001 Posts
    You do know that the bionic has the same locked bootloader as the X right?

39. Post #4439
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    8,912 Posts
    You do know that the bionic has the same locked bootloader as the X right?
    I didn't know the X had a locked bootloader. I can root it and run custom roms just fine, would it be the same for the Bionic?

40. Post #4440
    October 2007
    2,001 Posts
    Well the problem with the locked bootloader (I would know, I'm on a Droid 2 Global), is that you can't truly run custom ROMs. We can't overwrite the kernel and it prevents a lot of stuff from working, so the custom ROMs are hack jobs, they work but they're not flawless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)