3,204 Posts
    power amp is stupid and shit and has too many features you will never use
    such as?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

2. Post #5402
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    15,045 Posts
    So I bought myself a Galaxy S 3, I seen someone posting above about how the One X beats the S3, but how so? I personally made a decision to never buy HTC again after the disappointment I had in a severe lack of OTA updates with both my Magic and Desire Z so I'm not too bothered, but I'd just like to know people's opinions.
    There's very little difference between the hardware, but the main difference is feel and design, which the One X has an upper hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #5403
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,584 Posts
    So I bought myself a Galaxy S 3, I seen someone posting above about how the One X beats the S3, but how so? I personally made a decision to never buy HTC again after the disappointment I had in a severe lack of OTA updates with both my Magic and Desire Z so I'm not too bothered, but I'd just like to know people's opinions.
    HTC One X is prettier.
    That's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #5404
    I make Minecraft mods.
    January 2009
    1,533 Posts
    Damn it... my phone's stuck in a boot loop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

5. Post #5405
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,973 Posts
    Damn it... my phone's stuck in a boot loop.
    Can you get into recovery?
    If you can't just reflash the firmware using a tool like odin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

6. Post #5406
    I make Minecraft mods.
    January 2009
    1,533 Posts
    Can you get into recovery?
    If you can't just reflash the firmware using a tool like odin
    Can't get into recovery, and my computer won't even recognize the phone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

7. Post #5407
    CP doesn't necessarily have to have a victim, it's just that 99.9% of the time it does. The thing with pedos is that they've been demonized to be horrible no matter what, and I don't think that's the case.
    April 2006
    16,101 Posts
    such as?
    let me use this sweet real time on screen equalizer so i can squeeze the most audible quality out of my smartphone with a five cent bargain bin DAC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #5408
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,914 Posts
    holy fuck the note is huge. i thought everyone was just exaggerating it.

9. Post #5409
    CP doesn't necessarily have to have a victim, it's just that 99.9% of the time it does. The thing with pedos is that they've been demonized to be horrible no matter what, and I don't think that's the case.
    April 2006
    16,101 Posts
    the one x is the best looking and well designed android phone to date but doesnt have the full force of htc behind it like samsung has with the sgs and so it doesnt have as much polish and probably wont have the future support

10. Post #5410
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,275 Posts
    How good is the HTC Evo? I am thinking of buying it for $300 and getting the virgin mobile $55 a month plan without a contract. Thank god it doesn't have a contract as I am only 17 and thus can't legally sign a contract .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

11. Post #5411
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    453 Posts
    I just had a realization today while playing around with my One V: the reason many people think that the iPhone's 3.5" screen is fine is because it has an aspect ratio of 5:4. It makes it much wider, and that horizontal space gives the appearance that there's a lot more room.

When you take the iPhone's screen and compare it to the One V's (800x480, 15:9) screen, the One V feels much smaller since it's taller.

I do realize that this post has virtually nothing to do with Android, so I'll add this little snippet: the One V's a solid phone but the screen is slightly too small .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #5412
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,753 Posts
    power amp is stupid and shit and has too many features you will never use

the regular gingerbread media player works fine or even better, the ics one. both auto-pause music
    Can't tell if sarcasm or not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #5413
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,190 Posts
    I prefer the default music player as well, all the others I've tried are ugly as sin or are chock-full of features I'll never use...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #5414
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

15. Post #5415
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,753 Posts
    I prefer the default music player as well, all the others I've tried are ugly as sin or are chock-full of features I'll never use...
    How can you think of features as a disadvantage? Especially when they actually work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #5416
    April 2006
    16,101 Posts
    Can't tell if sarcasm or not
    let me use this sweet real time on screen equalizer so i can squeeze the most audible quality out of my smartphone with a five cent bargain bin DAC

17. Post #5417
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    4,874 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #5418
    March 2008
    3,204 Posts
    i might just be an idiot but i don't see how that is a pointless feature. especially since it actually works well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #5419
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,379 Posts
    The magic wasn't HTC's fault, but it eventually got 2.2.1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #5420
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,769 Posts
    I can't help but think that Samsung is slowly going the wrong way.

Rather than more computing power and bigger screens I'd see longer battery run time, RFID(ow whatever it was called) chips and finally a housing that doesn't feel cheap in my hands.

Don't get me wrong I love my Si9000 but I also see what's wrong with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Germany Show Events

21. Post #5421
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    I can't help but think that Samsung is slowly going the wrong way.

Rather than more computing power and bigger screens I'd see longer battery run time, RFID(ow whatever it was called) chips and finally a housing that doesn't feel cheap in my hands.

Don't get me wrong I love my Si9000 but I also see what's wrong with it.
    "But who cares about battery life, when you instead can get a phone that's thin enough to be used as a shank, or one where 90% of the R&D budget were spent on making it ~~byooteeful~~"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #5422
    Today I was in two malls and decided to check out some phones and prices, both in general hardware stores and those owned by operators.
    The first one I saw was Galaxy Note. It looked neat, but it's way too big for my pocket, I was even afraid if S2 is going to fit in, but about this one I have no doubts.
    I also saw an S3. It doesn't really look that bad like on photos.
    And the last thing which I was curious of was the price of S2. The range was about 470-500, while I got it for ~340. There even was a couple looking at it and I was about to tell them to buy it online for a lot less, but I was afraid that a store employee would hear me saying this stuff and I would face the consequences.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

23. Post #5423
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,173 Posts
    How do I start the note in recovery mode? Trying to root it but volume down doesnt seem to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

24. Post #5424
    April 2006
    16,101 Posts
    i might just be an idiot but i don't see how that is a pointless feature. especially since it actually works well.
    yeah it works well but it's a fucking full band equalizer on a phone with cheap parts does that not seem ridiculous to you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #5425
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    How do I start the note in recovery mode? Trying to root it but volume down doesnt seem to work.
    Volume down + home + power.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

26. Post #5426
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,173 Posts
    Actually Volume up that was the problem

Edited:

Welp, using Titanium Backup to restore any data kills the phone.

Edited:

So uhm I installed soem apps from the play website but nothing is happening on my Note.?

27. Post #5427
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    yeah it works well but it's a fucking full band equalizer on a phone with cheap parts does that not seem ridiculous to you
    Not really, no. There's nothing impeding you from plugging in your $500 headphones or whatever you "need" to make use of the equalizer. Not to mention it helps you get better clarity out of your cheap/cheap-ish earbuds or whatever. Besides, if it's so useless like you say, why not just leave it alone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

28. Post #5428
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Not really, no. There's nothing impeding you from plugging in your $500 headphones or whatever you "need" to make use of the equalizer. Not to mention it helps you get better clarity out of your cheap/cheap-ish earbuds or whatever. Besides, if it's so useless like you say, why not just leave it alone?
    It's not the headphones that are the problem, it's the DAC in the phone that's cheap as shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #5429
    April 2006
    16,101 Posts
    It's not the headphones that are the problem, it's the DAC in the phone that's cheap as shit.
    ye + the qualizier is dumb as it takes up screen space on top of the shit ui

poweramp is for dumb edge case sperging otherwise just use the regular media player

30. Post #5430
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    I use the spotify player anyways
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #5431
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    ye + the qualizier is dumb as it takes up screen space on top of the shit ui

poweramp is for dumb edge case sperging otherwise just use the regular media player
    It's still better than no equalizer at all IMO, but whatever you say. Still, most of the ROMs for my phone (with the exception being a huge 2 ROMs) don't come with the default player, and I can't install Play Music since I'm not from the US, so PowerAmp is perfectly fine for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

32. Post #5432
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,173 Posts
    Anyone who ever said the Note is too big is a fucking retard.

33. Post #5433
    SK17a
    October 2010
    14,067 Posts
    I think the DAC/headphones jack in my phone is good, the music does sound better with higher end headphones, of course
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #5434
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,584 Posts
    Anyone who ever said the Note is too big is a fucking retard.
    No. That's an opinion - the Note is too big for some people.
    The person that said that everyone who bought a Note is an idiot is a retard, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #5435
    April 2006
    16,101 Posts
    I think the DAC/headphones jack in my phone is good, the music does sound better with higher end headphones, of course
    what phone

Edited:

It's still better than no equalizer at all IMO, but whatever you say. Still, most of the ROMs for my phone (with the exception being a huge 2 ROMs) don't come with the default player, and I can't install Play Music since I'm not from the US, so PowerAmp is perfectly fine for me.
    poweramp is for dumb edge case sperging

36. Post #5436
    ~ pissing excellence ~
    May 2005
    2,844 Posts
    poweramp is for dumb edge case sperging
    most of the ROMs for my phone (with the exception being a huge 2 ROMs) don't come with the default player
    Edited:

I didn't get your point, cm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #5437
    SK17a
    October 2010
    14,067 Posts
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17a, to he honest the headphone jacks on HTC and Samsung phones are better IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #5438
    April 2006
    16,101 Posts
    it actually has a good dac

tbh i expected you to say some shitty lg froyo keyboard phone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #5439
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,478 Posts
    Could anybody here recommend a good ICS ROM and a good kernel for the Verizon Fascinate? It seems like every one I try starts fucking up after a few months. Mine just got caught on an infinite boot loop for no apparent reason so I'm flashing it to stock.

Edited:

The more bare bones and stable, the better. I'm not looking for a fancy MIUI implementation that looks nice but crashes every ten seconds and lags to hell.

Edited:

Actually I'm probably just going to keep it on stock. I know it will work and I don't even use any apps that require ICS. From there I can get a launcher that mimics ICS and get the nice look I enjoy.

40. Post #5440
    SK17a
    October 2010
    14,067 Posts
    it actually has a good dac

tbh i expected you to say some shitty lg froyo keyboard phone
    It's getting ics soon and I'll take that as a compliment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events