1. Post #5041
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    5,189 Posts
    I got a Samsung galaxy nexus as a backup device
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #5042
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,348 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #5043
    September 2009
    486 Posts
    Planning to get Xperia Neo V. Viewed a bunch of articles about it, yet still want to hear more about it from you guys. Any thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

4. Post #5044
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,079 Posts
    Awesome
    I love carmageddon
    fUCK YES

i absolutely loved carmageddon, played it a lot with a friend as a kid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5045
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    I hate you people with your white S3's, really, fuck you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #5046
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,131 Posts
    I can't decide between a S2 or Note :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

7. Post #5047
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,608 Posts
    fUCK YES

i absolutely loved carmageddon, played it a lot with a friend as a kid
    I was very young and my English was terrible. I had no clue what I had to do. I kept losing the races because I had no clue where to go and I was more interested in killing everyone in sight

The game was a lot of fun because of the killing, but besides the movement keys I understood nothing about the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

8. Post #5048
    I'M A MASSIVE FAGGOT AND LOVE COCKS
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    Motorola Razr for 395€, probably going to buy it since i lost my omnia 7, is this a good buy? i've seen some RAZR reviews with leaked ICS rom and they said it was worth it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

9. Post #5049
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Motorola Razr for 395€, probably going to buy it since i lost my omnia 7, is this a good buy? i've seen some RAZR reviews with leaked ICS rom and they said it was worth it
    I would get an s2 if I were you. My friend has a razr and the jelly dribbles from his face whenever he's around me.

10. Post #5050
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    The RAZR is absolute junk when it comes to custom ROMs, I'd say don't buy any Motorola android phone at all and just consider something like the S2 or the O2X if you don't mind rooting and installing custom ROMs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

11. Post #5051
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,079 Posts
    I was very young and my English was terrible. I had no clue what I had to do. I kept losing the races because I had no clue where to go and I was more interested in killing everyone in sight

The game was a lot of fun because of the killing, but besides the movement keys I understood nothing about the game
    pretty much the same here, but atleast i knew some basic english from playing other games and i knew it was a race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

12. Post #5052
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts

I just ran over everybody i could and rammed all the opponents.
    Apparently that made you a winner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #5053
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,707 Posts
    so i hear the one X is still better than the SIII
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #5054
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,079 Posts
    that too

Edited:

@van-man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

15. Post #5055
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580070

Per app DPI motherfuck

makind_me™ approves of this post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #5056
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,299 Posts
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580070

Per app DPI motherfuck

makind_me™ approves of this post
    I totally approve of this, check it out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

17. Post #5057
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    I "unlocked" my galaxy s2 i777, so how do i get ICS?
    Since everyone is being a meanie and not responding to you, I'll try.

You'll have to choose a ROM. I chose CM9 on my i777, but AOKP is another great option. I don't know the exact differences.

This guide: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/cyanog...llation-guide/
    is what I used to put CM9 on my phone. You'll have to essentially restore your phone before you do it, so make sure to do a backup on whatever you want to keep. (SMS can be backed up with an app). Just follow that guide and you'll have CM9 ready after an hour or two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #5058
    March 2010
    583 Posts
    does anyone have any ideas for a CM9 theme? i either want to make a really nice one or a really horribly bad one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #5059
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,195 Posts
    does anyone have any ideas for a CM9 theme? i either want to make a really nice one or a really horribly bad one
    Silver version of this http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....1#post36134860
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #5060
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,382 Posts
    dude what, silver sucks, make an acid green one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events

21. Post #5061
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,195 Posts
    dude what, silver sucks, make an acid green one
    Radioactive theme
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #5062
    I'M A MASSIVE FAGGOT AND LOVE COCKS
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    The RAZR is absolute junk when it comes to custom ROMs, I'd say don't buy any Motorola android phone at all and just consider something like the S2 or the O2X if you don't mind rooting and installing custom ROMs.
    Only have 400€ no more :\

What is the O2X? never heard of it

Edited:

Just saw a Galaxy Nexus for 414€, worth giving the extra dosh i suppose.. but how is it performance wise? i've herad it's kind of slow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

23. Post #5063
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,386 Posts
    How much does sk17a cost now.

Could use a brick as a backup
    You can get it for like 200$

Edited:

Planning to get Xperia Neo V. Viewed a bunch of articles about it, yet still want to hear more about it from you guys. Any thoughts?
    It's a pretty good phone, it's basically like my mini pro but bigger, with a better screen and isn't a thick ass brick.

24. Post #5064
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    God CM9 is beautiful on my ZTE Blade.
    That's right, butter smooth.
    Are there still colour issues on it?
    Because I might update my mums Blade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #5065
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    How does CM9 run on a 600mhz phone? I thought ICS was really demanding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

26. Post #5066
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,408 Posts
    Pretty decent phone, my bro has one. Quite cheap, no issues, but it is kinda sluggish sometimes (especially the camera takes a while to load) but then I have a Galaxy S2 so I'm used to lighting speed. Also official Android 4.0 is available for it already (through the desktop updater tool), so that would be a plus too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #5067
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,131 Posts
    Oh god reading reviews scares me so much because they talk about so many issues with both the SII and the Note and they dont make it easier to decide. Someone help me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

28. Post #5068
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,408 Posts
    I've had a nightmare with my first S2, which was randomly restarting and nothing would fix it and it took me a few months to get my money back since the warranty repair people were ignorant monkies.
    But my second one has absolutely zero issues and it's the best phone I've ever had.

Just go for the one you like better, HW wise they're almost the same and by now, any mass issues should be fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

29. Post #5069
    You can get it for like 200$

Edited:

A brick costing 200 bucks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

30. Post #5070
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,386 Posts
    A brick costing 200 bucks?
    That is actually useful and runs Android 2.3 (ICS coming soon)

31. Post #5071
    September 2009
    1,424 Posts
    Just saw a Galaxy Nexus for 414€, worth giving the extra dosh i suppose.. but how is it performance wise? i've herad it's kind of slow
    I don't know where you heard that, its not slow at all, I've never run into any performance issues or slowdowns on my GNex.

32. Post #5072
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,819 Posts
    I am confused as to the meaning you gentlemen are assigning to the word "brick". Do you simply mean a phone that is thick and maybe ugly? In common parlance, I believe the word refers to a phone that has been rendered useless by some kind of malfunction, usually firmware related.

33. Post #5073
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,382 Posts
    Oh god reading reviews scares me so much because they talk about so many issues with both the SII and the Note and they dont make it easier to decide. Someone help me.
    Never trust reviews, seriously. Go to a shop and check the device out. If you like it, buy it.
    Before buying, examine it, if you can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #5074
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    I am confused as to the meaning you gentlemen are assigning to the word "brick". Do you simply mean a phone that is thick and maybe ugly? In common parlance, I believe the word refers to a phone that has been rendered useless by some kind of malfunction, usually firmware related.
    A brick is a thick and ugly phone, a bricked phone is a phone rendered useless by a firmware related malfunction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #5075
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,933 Posts
    My dad got himself a wildfire s
    It seems ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

36. Post #5076
    July 2009
    2,867 Posts
    so i hear the one X is still better than the SIII
    I might as well do a breakdown of One X vs SIII.

Display:
    Yes, the GS3 has SAMOLED HD. Yes, it is good. However, since we're comparing at stratospheric levels, S-LCD2 is better at everything but black levels, response time, and possibly outdoor visibility depending upon whether or not the screens have lower reflectivity levels.

SoC:
    For the US this doesn't matter at all because all US GS3s will have Snapdragon S4 deal with it. Internationally, the Exynos is faster than the Tegra 3 and will probably have better power efficiency to some extent, but if both are running equally optimized ROMs (CM9) then it's close enough to not really matter. If you play shitloads of emulators and 3D games though, and will do so for a good two years on the same device, go with the GS3 Exynos and use Chainfire3D to get Tegra games.

Battery life:
    GS3 will probably have the upper hand because it just has a bigger battery.

Aesthetics/Industrial Design:
    The GS3 is kind of plain, but apparently is very ergonomic and fits in the hand. The One X may look much better with it's unibody and all the various design touches HTC has done. (drilled speaker holes, etc) For the most part however, this is personal opinion.

Camera:
    The GS3 probably has the better sensor here, but it's marred by crappier optics. HTC One X has the same sensor as the GS2, but with much better low light performance. Basically the biggest issues with the One X is just the fact that HTC overcompressed images and video to try and reduce the space taken by them. The quality of the images and video is probably better, but will need either HTC to release an update that reduces compression of JPEG or stores in PNG, and to raise the bitrate of videos to at least 20 Mbps, or for xda to have a mod that accomplishes this.

Misc:
    MicroSD will be big in your decision. If you care about microSD enough because you really do use a shitload of data, go with the GS3 if you are outside of the US. If you are in the US on Sprint, the Evo LTE will basically match the GS3, with the only differences coming down to software and 100 mAh of battery

tl;dr Judging purely on tangible advantages the GS3 probably wins, but HTC's intangibles can make all the difference in the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

37. Post #5077
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Really the SD card slot and just the fact that it's samsung are the dealbreakers for me.

38. Post #5078
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,386 Posts
    Really the SD card slot and just the fact that it's samsung are the dealbreakers for me.
    same here, I must have a microSD card slot.

In other news, there was that Windows Phone 7 vs. other phones contest at a Rogers store offering $100 if you beat them. Saw a Phone 7 battle it out against an iPhone 4S. The Phone 7 cheated (technically).

39. Post #5079
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    same here, I must have a microSD card slot.

In other news, there was that Windows Phone 7 vs. other phones contest at a Rogers store offering $100 if you beat them. Saw a Phone 7 battle it out against an iPhone 4S. The Phone 7 cheated (technically).
    What was the contest about? And wouldn't it be pretty easy to get that 100$ then?

40. Post #5080
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,386 Posts
    What was the contest about? And wouldn't it be pretty easy to get that 100$ then?
    Here's how Windows Phone 7 cheated (technically).

The contest was to see who can write something to Twitter and Facebook faster.

This is the iPhone approach: Go to Twitter, write something, submit. Go to Facebook, write something, submit.

This is the Windows Phone 7 approach: Type something, press send. Bam, it's sent to every social media site you setted up.

Here's an analogy of this: You are going onto a flight to let's say New York City, so is the other guy (with the Windows Phone 7). You wait in line, get your bags checked, go through security, and get on your flight. You arrive to New York City. The other guy on the other hand skips the lines, skips the security and skips the flight and still arrives to New York City, faster than you, therefore practically teleporting to New York City.

This is why Windows Phone 7 won, instead of going to each app, there's a unified social media system that just sends everything off on every social media site you selected before, saying the same message.

You can beat this if you had an app that can do what Windows Phone 7 did.