1. Post #5321
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,296 Posts
    Jee-sus.
    I asked about a new phone for $350 and rather than suggest anything good, you started to criticize me that I don't want used SGS2.
    Let me put this ~very~ clear: I'm. Not. Interested. In. Used. Phones. And. Samsungs.

Or actually, forget about I asked or said, I'm planning to buy SE Xperia Pro, your suggestions were most helpful, thank you very much.
    Good day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

2. Post #5322
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Jee-sus.
    I asked about a new phone for $350 and rather than suggest anything good, you started to criticize me that I don't want used SGS2.
    Let me put this ~very~ clear: I'm. Not. Interested. In. Used. Phones. And. Samsungs.

Or actually, forget about I asked or said, I'm planning to buy SE Xperia Pro, your suggestions were most helpful, thank you very much.
    Good day.
    Doesn't want an s2, get's an experia pro. Lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

3. Post #5323
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,583 Posts
    Jee-sus.

Good day.
    http://market.yandex.ru/guru.xml?CMD...G=10&hid=91491
    Pick your poison.

HTC One V and Desire HD are quite good.
    If you REALLY want a Sony Ericsson, at least get a good one - Xperia Arc.
    Samsung Nexus S is great. Yes, it's a Samsung, but it's GOOD. Why do you even hate Samsung?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #5324
    I notice us smartphones are fucking cheap, but there's are cons for that right? My bro told me sms there's are expensive of something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Singapore Show Events

5. Post #5325
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Jee-sus.

Good day.
    Here you go. Make sure to flash a new ROM if you want to use the phone to it's fullest extent, stock is pretty crappy. But you get what you pay for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

6. Post #5326
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    What did Samsung do to Russia?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #5327
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,583 Posts
    What did Samsung do to Russia?
    I have no idea, but there's A LOT of people here who say that Samsung is shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #5328
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,616 Posts
    Anybody know if a ZTE Skate 4.3 is worth getting for uh, free? Local phone shop has it up for literally 0 and with a 12/month data plan.

It has a 4.3 inch screen, runs Android 2.3 and has a 5 MP camera, but only a 800Mhz processor. It's no doubt better than my old Samsung Galaxy 3 but it's just that I don't trust Chinese ZTE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

9. Post #5329
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,173 Posts
    Well Samsung mobile phones used to have kinda crappy OS but that's a few generations back and has nothing to do with all the other nice stuff they've been making for forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #5330
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,793 Posts
    Anybody know if a ZTE Skate 4.3 is worth getting for uh, free? Local phone shop has it up for literally 0 and with a 12/month data plan.

It has a 4.3 inch screen, runs Android 2.3 and has a 5 MP camera, but only a 800Mhz processor. It's no doubt better than my old Samsung Galaxy 3 but it's just that I don't trust Chinese ZTE.
    ZTE, despite being chinese, is great plus if the Skate is anything like the Blade then it has a huge community behind it as well.

I'd say go for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #5331
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,832 Posts
    Before I go ahead and try getting a One X, I have some questions. This would be from my dad's upgrade, but I'll be using the phone. He doesn't need to have the best phone and he's fine with his current. My upgrade is in January. Will the One X still be good then, because I can get it for free by asking for it as a birthday present (my bday is 1/20). I'd rather wait the six months because I have no job, and it might be cheaper so it'd be easier for my dad to buy it. I'd only have it for a year because then my dad's early upgrade would be near January and I can keep pulling the same thing for a new phone every 12 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #5332
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    691 Posts
    Should I root my HTC WildFire S? Also does unlocking the bootloader will actually remove all my installed apps and messages and stuff like that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

13. Post #5333
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    flashing back to stock on my sgs 2 hurts, I hope it comes back fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #5334
    September 2009
    486 Posts
    I decided on the One X. Thanks guys!
    Will be purchasing it too in the next month!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

15. Post #5335
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    flashing back to stock on my sgs 2 hurts, I hope it comes back fast
    So much hate :/ I'm on stock and I love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #5336
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    Have you ever not been on stock?

17. Post #5337
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Have you ever not been on stock?
    Yes, and I missed touchwiz :/ Not as a launcher as I use launcher ex either way, but all the little stock functions that you just don't have on any other ROM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #5338
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    Like what?

Edited:

There are stock-based ROMs, that add rather than change

19. Post #5339
    I'm also using TouchWiz. Probably because it's very functional, but I would like it to have color scheme and style more similar to the stock ICS, like in Galaxy Nexus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

20. Post #5340
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,176 Posts
    the stock roms by samsung isnt that bad really, i like them too

quick and just works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #5341
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    I've been on another ROM for ages and it feels so clunky in comparison, I probably wouldn't notice it after a while, but the quick change makes it obvious

22. Post #5342
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    One X is a superior phone. One of the, if not, the best phone on the market.
    Eh, S3 and One X have pretty much the same specs, though S3 seems to perform a little better in benchmarks than One X. I prefer S3's interface to One X. What I don't like about S3 is the cheap plastic on the back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #5343
    Got myself this:

Can someone please give me tips on what to do/download?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

24. Post #5344
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    Make it turn into a lorry.

Just look around the internet for things you like the look of and you will find a
    "I want a thing where..." then you'll have your goal and eventually your ideal setup type thing

or maybe that's just me

25. Post #5345
    BOSSMAN
    January 2009
    4,492 Posts
    Got myself this:

Can someone please give me tips on what to do/download?
    Search up things like "things to do when you get android" or something. Usually they cover most of the essential things you need and would probably forget about.

26. Post #5346
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,927 Posts
    Dualboot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

27. Post #5347
    To windows 7?

Edited:

Or 8?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

28. Post #5348
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,904 Posts
    To windows 7?

Edited:

Or 8?
    8 obviously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

29. Post #5349
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,972 Posts
    Then go find me SGS2 for $350 and available in Russia, instead of making any smart comments.
    I bought an unused SGS for half of the original price about three months after it was released worldwide in Russia. You just have to look for it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

30. Post #5350
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,913 Posts
    quite annoyed by motorola failing to communicate with razr owners about ics. so much speculation and rumor mills, getting tired of waiting for ics.

31. Post #5351
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,554 Posts
    About that whole One X versus SIII conversation last page, doesn't the American SIII have 2 GBs of ram versus the One X's 1 GB?

32. Post #5352
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,340 Posts
    quite annoyed by motorola failing to communicate with razr owners about ics. so much speculation and rumor mills, getting tired of waiting for ics.
    That's why I didn't go with the RAZR Maxx. Amazing battery life. Really, really poor flashing capabilities.

33. Post #5353
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,554 Posts
    That's why I didn't go with the RAZR Maxx. Amazing battery life. Really, really poor flashing capabilities.
    What did you go with? Isn't the Razr/Maxx the best phone on Verizon right now?

34. Post #5354
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,173 Posts
    I bought an unused SGS for half of the original price about three months after it was released worldwide in Russia. You just have to look for it
    I DON'T WANT SAMSUNG MY FRIENDS THINK ITS SHITE!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

35. Post #5355
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,744 Posts
    SAMSUNG'S SAMOLED SCREENS ARE SHIT. MONOCHROME LCD ALL THE WAY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #5356
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,927 Posts
    http://xkcd.com/1068/

If you like SwiftKey X
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #5357
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,966 Posts
    Somehow managed to break Firefox on my Atrix's lapdock mode. Literally not the faintest clue as to how to go about fixing it though. Literally just stopped working one day. Tried reflashing my ROM to no avail. Hopefully it's not a hardware issue.

38. Post #5358
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    Then get an HTC or something, they're all the same.

39. Post #5359
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Xbox live app finally out for android!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

40. Post #5360
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    It makes me sad to see HTC slipping in Android, I don't think they really stand a chance against Samsung right now.

I really don't want to see only one OEM really dominate Android, serious competition for flagship models is what drives innovation and pricing for the better.