1. Post #961
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    5,021 Posts
    The one on the left, I mean your right, I mean, okay why the hell is this image inverted?
    because, stupic iMac webcam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

2. Post #962
    Dennab
    February 2012
    124 Posts
    should use the s2 because the nexus seems to have a screen problem
    the shirt has a problem too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

3. Post #963
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,053 Posts
    yea, should buy a new one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #964
    Found 2 rooting guides for you here and here. This is the section for your device.
    Thanks! I'll try one of them out later on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #965
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,094 Posts
    Hey guys, so wich phone should I use today?

If your gonna use that nexus, can i have/borrow that sgs2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

6. Post #966
    August 2008
    1,846 Posts
    Is this (Iview 760TPC) a good tablet?
    [SUB]Runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
    ARM Cortex-A8 1.00GHz (Single Core)
    7" Capacitive Touch Screen
    800 x 480 screen res
    8GB flash HDD
    512MB memory
    802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
    --------
    1 Mini USB
    1 Mini HDMI
    1 3.5mm headphone jack
    SD Card Reader x 1 (Up to 32GB)
    2 Mega Pixel webcam[/SUB]
    [SUB]G-Sensor built-in
    --------
    Dimensions: 7.5" x 4.75" x 0.50"
    Weighs 2 lbs.
    --------
    Browser: Opera, UCWeb, SkyFire, Dolphin
    Support Flash 10.3
    Office Software: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF, TXT
    3D Game support
    Support for Market
    Supports MP3,WMA,MP2,OGG,AAC,M4A,MA4,FLAC,3GP,WAV, AVI H.264, DIVX, XVID, RM, RMVB, MKV, WMV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, FLV. HD 1080P max[/SUB]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #967
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,094 Posts
    also, repost:

how to use stylus on my phone? how to change my touch screen setting to accept pressure instead of that electro-whatever touch with my fingers n thumbs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #968
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,368 Posts
    also, repost:

how to use stylus on my phone? how to change my touch screen setting to accept pressure instead of that electro-whatever touch with my fingers n thumbs?
    Only Resistive touch screens can be controlled by a traditional stylus. Capacitive screens need a stylus with conductive foam for the nib such as this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #969
    Only Resistive touch screens can be controlled by a traditional stylus. Capacitive screens need a stylus with conductive foam for the nib such as this.
    What about a toothpick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #970
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,094 Posts
    damn it, so there is no other way then a stylus with conductive foam...

Alright then, since I'm as cheap as an Asian, I will make my own stylus with conductive foam!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

11. Post #971
    damn it, so there is no other way then a stylus with conductive foam...

Alright then, since I'm as cheap as an Asian, I will make my own stylus with conductive foam!
    And the materials are going to end up costing more than a cheap stylus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #972
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,368 Posts
    If you've bought any electrical parts before chances are you have some conductive foam lying around. Only other things you need are a pen/pencil/stick and some thin metal wire to wrap around it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #973
    Heineken made me rich
    June 2005
    4,677 Posts
    Nope, I made one from a biro, silver foil and a square cut from an ordinary washing up sponge.

Materials probably cost me around 60p.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #974
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    5,021 Posts
    If your gonna use that nexus, can i have/borrow that sgs2?
    sorry. already sold for 450 dosh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

15. Post #975
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,094 Posts
    sorry. already sold for 450 dosh

Wait, how much was that in CDN..?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

16. Post #976
    Heineken made me rich
    June 2005
    4,677 Posts
    Holy fuck, finally managed to get my phone to boot!

I was looking to try the cm9 ROM for the blade, but it just went into a boot loop :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

17. Post #977
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,053 Posts
    gods speed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

18. Post #978
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,792 Posts
    Holy fuck, finally managed to get my phone to boot!

I was looking to try the cm9 ROM for the blade, but it just went into a boot loop :(
    I've found an ICS rom that's apparently the most stable one. Can't install GAPPS no matter what, WiFi says it's not in range even though my router is 2cm away from the phone, default app drawer with default settings force closes so you can't even open it unless you tweak it beforehand, setting an alarm made the phone freeze and overall couldn't do shit. They said there'd be an update for it today but it got delayed till tomorrow. Gonna try it out and hope that the new one will work because holy shit even with all those bugs it was SMOOTH AS FUCK compared to other ICS roms.

Edited:

Worst part is that I've fucked around all day and still couldn't manage to make it work. Apparently it works fine for everyone else and it's just me who can't even install GApps on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

19. Post #979
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,268 Posts
    Hmm. Having weird problems with GS2's messaging; some messages won't send. Using handcent SMS, and sometimes the, uh, rolling circle just stays next to the message when I press send, not sending the message. Rebooting the phone sends it, apparently. It's pretty fucking irritating when I don't know for sure if a message has been sent or not. I'm on stock rom but not sure if it's the exact one I'm supposed to have, since I once rooted and flashed CM7 and didn't like it, and had not made a backup of the original.

Edited:

No wait, it can't be the right rom, an app called BBC iPlayer came with it, and I live in Finland.

20. Post #980
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,287 Posts
    Hmm. Having weird problems with GS2's messaging; some messages won't send. Using handcent SMS, and sometimes the, uh, rolling circle just stays next to the message when I press send, not sending the message. Rebooting the phone sends it, apparently. It's pretty fucking irritating when I don't know for sure if a message has been sent or not. I'm on stock rom but not sure if it's the exact one I'm supposed to have, since I once rooted and flashed CM7 and didn't like it, and had not made a backup of the original.

Edited:

No wait, it can't be the right rom, an app called BBC iPlayer came with it, and I live in Finland.
    probably installed wrong regional version? though it should work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

21. Post #981
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,053 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #982
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,268 Posts
    That's what I thought. I guess I'll wait for the ICS update and see if it fixes it, if not, I'll... I don't know.

23. Post #983
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,094 Posts
    What about a toothpick
    Wait, a toothpick works???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #984
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,300 Posts
    Meanwhile, the fight goes on.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post22841608

Apparently we should all say only good things, to "respect time and effort people put in their projects".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

25. Post #985
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,268 Posts
    Goddamn it. I'll root it again and flash ICS. What's the best ICS rom for S2? Most if not all features working and such. Also, if someone could link me a rooting/flashing tutorial, I kind of forgot how to do it... Pretty sure XDA had a great one but can't find it.

26. Post #986
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,287 Posts
    Goddamn it. I'll root it again and flash ICS. What's the best ICS rom for S2? Most if not all features working and such. Also, if someone could link me a rooting/flashing tutorial, I kind of forgot how to do it... Pretty sure XDA had a great one but can't find it.
    I'd say Omega 3.0 but you can check the others

if you want a faster download link for the omega rom just tell me since I have it uploaded on Dropbox

27. Post #987
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,053 Posts
    goddamit you edited it out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #988
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,094 Posts
    Meanwhile, the fight goes on.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post22841608

Apparently we should all say only good things, to "respect time and effort people put in their projects".
       That censorship   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

29. Post #989
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,053 Posts

if you want a faster download link for the omega rom just tell me since I have it uploaded on Dropbox
    i can confirm that Omega 3.0 is good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #990
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,268 Posts

I'd love an alternative link, I'm not going to spend over an hour downloading a rom.

31. Post #991
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,287 Posts
    I'd love an alternative link, I'm not going to spend over an hour downloading a rom.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17771882/Ome...tock_XXLPH.zip

have fun

also sorry tippz, it's the posting box thing that fucked up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #992
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,268 Posts
    Wow, fuck me and my awesome luck. Anyone have the XWKE2 kernel/whatever files, multiupload is down and I can't find em anywhere else.

No wait, I'll use CF-root. It's kinda the same thing, right?

33. Post #993
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,368 Posts
    i can confirm that Omega 3.0 is good
    +1 Thanks mankind_me for the link. I've got it mirrored on my server in case it goes down or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #994
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,287 Posts
    Wow, fuck me and my awesome luck. Anyone have the XWKE2 kernel/whatever files, multiupload is down and I can't find em anywhere else.
    get a newer kernel/baseband, preferably the LPB or LPH ones? go look around on xda, I'm afraid I can't give you the link right now :(

35. Post #995
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,053 Posts
    also sorry tippz, it's the posting box thing that fucked up
    lol, no need to say sorry mate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #996
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts

No wait, I'll use CF-root. It's kinda the same thing, right?
    Yes you can use CF-root.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

37. Post #997

November 2011
    410 Posts
    So what apps are essential that you can get without changing the firmware? A lot of the ones I've seen mentioned are for devices with a custom rom which I don't want to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

38. Post #998
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    So what apps are essential that you can get without changing the firmware? A lot of the ones I've seen mentioned are for devices with a custom rom which I don't want to do.
    What are you talking about? You don't need a custom ROM for most any android app.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #999
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,287 Posts
    the most you'll ever need for an app is root
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1000
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    the most you'll ever need for an app is root
    He has the crazy idea that rooting is the same as jailbreaking aka changing the firmware. /retard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)