1. Post #1081
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,515 Posts
    My Nexus S does the weirdest thing when I'm walking home and listening to podcasts with Google Listen. Occasionally, it just jumps to another podcast. Today, it cycled quickly between three different podcasts. Usually I pull it out of my pocket, remove the headphone plug from the jack and blow into it.

This would make sense if I had a headset with more than one button, though PowerAMP takes control of the single button on my headphones (Meelectronics SP51P), so the worst that should happen is my music starts playing instead of my podcast.

A bit of pocket lint in my headphone jack shouldn't be causing these weird problems. The only other factors that I could think of is static caused by the cord rubbing between my sweater and jacket or having one side of the phone warmed by my leg and the other cooled by the outside air.

Google Listen might be the problem, so I could try an alternative if there's a half-decent free app available.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #1082
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,260 Posts
    Whoa what the fuck. Now it says that sending the message failed, and I can't seem to receive any messages either: sent one from my brothers HTC.

Edited:

Umm ok. "Emergency calls only". No APNs listed. Mobile networks -> FI elisa, "unable to connect. try later."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

3. Post #1083
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,367 Posts
    Whoa what the fuck. Now it says that sending the message failed, and I can't seem to receive any messages either: sent one from my brothers HTC.
    Check you APN settings so they match with what your carrier had provided.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #1084
    March 2010
    582 Posts
    set up my college email which uses exchange.

now have the option to remotely wipe my phone. sort of creepy i guess...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #1085
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,260 Posts
    Check you APN settings so they match with what your carrier had provided.
    Seems to be my SIM card. It's just that... What the hell could happen that it SUDDENLY breaks? Like, in the middle of sending a text message. Gonna try it out in another phone.

Edited:

Wow. Alright. My SIM card works on my brothers phone. His card won't work on mine. I refuse to believe that the SIM card hole, whatever, would just suddenly stop working. What the fuck.

Edited:

Is it possible for rooting and flashing a custom ROM to do something like this?

Also can I reset the "custom binary download" counter to zero somehow? I have a feeling it has voided my warranty.

6. Post #1086
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,066 Posts
    I feel safe that I can use VPNs to use the Internet on my phone.

Anyone want a free vpn?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1087

November 2011
    410 Posts
    I did listen to what you guys said, I thought you were bullshitting cause I was posting from ios while my tablet charged but once you people explained it I listenned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

8. Post #1088
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,260 Posts
    If there's someone here from Nordic area with an unrooted GS2, I'd love you forever if you would provide me a picture of your settings' "about phone" page. I'm not hundred per cent sure of what I should download.

.. Well, if I COULD download anything. XDA is being awfully slow on uploading their shit on a new site/server.

9. Post #1089
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,367 Posts
    Seems to be my SIM card. It's just that... What the hell could happen that it SUDDENLY breaks? Like, in the middle of sending a text message. Gonna try it out in another phone.

Edited:

Wow. Alright. My SIM card works on my brothers phone. His card won't work on mine. I refuse to believe that the SIM card hole, whatever, would just suddenly stop working. What the fuck.

Edited:

Is it possible for rooting and flashing a custom ROM to do something like this?

Also can I reset the "custom binary download" counter to zero somehow? I have a feeling it has voided my warranty.
    I think you had the S2. To reset the counter and yellow triangle, get a USB jig or try this (if you're on ICS). If/When you do send it back for repairs, just reflash it with stock unrooted kernel/firmware and noone would be the wiser.

Edited:

Official firmwares
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #1090
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,260 Posts
    I think you had the S2. To reset the counter and yellow triangle, get a USB jig or try this (if you're on ICS). If/When you do send it back for repairs, just reflash it with stock unrooted kernel/firmware and noone would be the wiser.

Edited:

Official firmwares
    Thanks, the app worked.

Now I just need a mirror for XWKI4 stock and that multicsc.. Thing, so I can reflash it back to stock, hopefully un-voiding my warranty.

Or XWKI8. I'm not exactly sure which one it is. Build is i8, baseband is i4.

11. Post #1091
    RAPISTS ARE OPPRESSED
    April 2011
    12,403 Posts
    Thanks, the app worked.

Now I just need a mirror for XWKI4 stock and that multicsc.. Thing, so I can reflash it back to stock, hopefully un-voiding my warranty.

Or XWKI8. I'm not exactly sure which one it is. Build is i8, baseband is i4.
    Should be looking at build, not baseband.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #1092
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,066 Posts
    I did listen to what you guys said, I thought you were bullshitting cause I was posting from ios while my tablet charged but once you people explained it I listenned
    So you thought that the members here, who come to this thread regularly and post were bullshitting?

Does this happen on the iOS forums/threads?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #1093
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,177 Posts
    So you thought that the members here, who come to this thread regularly and post were bullshitting?

Does this happen on the iOS forums/threads?
    Stop post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #1094
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,260 Posts
    Should be looking at build, not baseband.
    Thanks for the affirmation, I'm downloading the right thing then.

Also, uh.. It started working again when I did a factory reset. Weird.

Downloading the stock firmware, will revert back to it if the messaging problem persists.

Edited:

Fuck it, I'll just flash back to the stock. I'll get my ICS in a week or two anyway.

Edited:

Alright lol. Flashed it with stock unrooted XWKI8 build and now I can't get past the install wizard thing, it keeps on crashing.

Edited:

Clearing cache and such helped, seems to work now. Completely stock, like right out of the shop!

15. Post #1095
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,725 Posts
    Anyone know if it's possible, due to the general shitty quality and nonstop hardware problems of my Windows Phone, that I could get Verizon to replace it with an Android phone of equal value?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #1096
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    7,753 Posts
    Anyone know if it's possible, due to the general shitty quality and nonstop hardware problems of my Windows Phone, that I could get Verizon to replace it with an Android phone of equal value?
    Not entirely sure, but I think its only if you have to return to the phone several times.

17. Post #1097
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,725 Posts
    Not entirely sure, but I think its only if you have to return to the phone several times.
    It definitely wouldn't be the first time I've replaced it.

I also have a $100 VZW gift card laying around for upgrading from my dumbphone. I just might want to get a new phone. I love WP7 but it's so bland.

18. Post #1098
    Oh my god.

YES.

ICS 4.0.3 AOKP build for my phone has EVERYTHING working. EVERYTHING. holy tits holy tits ahahah get fucked all you sgsII owners
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #1099
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,066 Posts
    In other news, Box.Net is giving out that 50GB storage space for free for ALL android users, for anyone who couldn't do so when it was originally for specific devices and didn't get it before December 31st, 2011. Either way, it's Free for android users so go upgrade!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02...cloud-storage/

Or you can hoard that shit.

I know I have (15 accounts and counting)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #1100
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,855 Posts
    I need some help rooting my G2X

I have no idea how to root so I'm hoping someone could help

21. Post #1101
    March 2010
    1,473 Posts
    I'm having trouble transferring files to my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket from my computer. I think it's because I'm only using the internal storage. Could that be why?
    Thing is, I didn't have this problem on my stock rom.

In other news, Box.Net is giving out that 50GB storage space for free for ALL android users, for anyone who couldn't do so when it was originally for specific devices and didn't get it before December 31st, 2011. Either way, it's Free for android users so go upgrade!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02...cloud-storage/
    Or you can hoard that shit.
    That's awesome... And I might use it to solve my problem :D Nope, can't open anything on my phone.
    BUT I also can't take pictures or videos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

22. Post #1102
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,066 Posts
    I need some help rooting my G2X

I have no idea how to root so I'm hoping someone could help
    No problem!

What version of Android do you have? "2.x.x"

The android version matters since the rooting tools can change and might not work for all versions.

If you have 2.2 use this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1039985
    Recommend you upgrade to 2.3 and beyond if you haven't done so already.

For 2.3.3. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1255214
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #1103
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,855 Posts
    Oh thank god I was getting lost in the google pages for this shit.

It's up to 2.3.3 so I'll go ahead and try the second link out now.

Edited:

Nevermind, found it

24. Post #1104
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,066 Posts
    I'm having trouble transferring files to my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket from my computer. I think it's because I'm only using the internal storage. Could that be why?
    Thing is, I didn't have this problem on my stock rom.
    When you connect your device to your computer, on your phone, change the settings. Instead of Mass Storage, change it to the other one. There, you should be able to access stuff on the internal storage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #1105
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,855 Posts
    Thanks for the help gary, it's rooted and now the app is working

26. Post #1106
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,066 Posts
    Thanks for the help gary, it's rooted and now the app is working
    What cha gonna do now since you got le root?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

27. Post #1107
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,855 Posts
    Get this stupid nag screen off power amp that's for sure

Edited:

And get that wireless tethering app

28. Post #1108
    March 2010
    1,473 Posts
    When you connect your device to your computer, on your phone, change the settings. Instead of Mass Storage, change it to the other one. There, you should be able to access stuff on the internal storage.
    I'll try that whenever my phone decides it's connected :/ Wait no that's only for Windows.
    Also I can't change the download location in any browser, and I can't make new folders in File Manager/AndroZip. It's as if the entirety of my phone's storage is nonexistent.

I can still install apps from the Android Market.

Edit: Hmm.. Looking at the storage settings, it says I have no SD card, but it gives me the option to erase AND unmount the SD card. This must have something to do with the ROM I have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

29. Post #1109
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,287 Posts
    Oh my god.

YES.

ICS 4.0.3 AOKP build for my phone has EVERYTHING working. EVERYTHING. holy tits holy tits ahahah get fucked all you sgsII owners
    get bent, everything was working already

not on an aosp build though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #1110
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #1111
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,792 Posts
    This just looks stupid.

Holy fuck that iPhone is god damn TINY compared to the Note
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

32. Post #1112
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,367 Posts
    I'm surprised with face unlock on Omega 3.0, it recognises me 80% of the time. The do need to change the version name though, my brother keeps asking me why my phone runs on fish oil.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #1113
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    404 Posts
    Anybody know if I will ever get official ICS on my HTC desire Z? the desire series was supposed to get it soon
    Nothing's been announced about the Desire Z, but given that the hardware is very similar to the Desire HD, I'm sure someone will port a fully-functioning ICS rom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

34. Post #1114
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    Nothing's been announced about the Desire Z, but given that the hardware is very similar to the Desire HD, I'm sure someone will port a fully-functioning ICS rom
    The CPU is a lil' bit slower, but it shouldn't be THAT bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1115

December 2011
    350 Posts
    Holy fuck that iPhone is god damn TINY compared to the Note
    I had a iPhone 4s and now I have a Samsung Galaxy nexus and the iPhone seems tiny now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #1116
    March 2010
    582 Posts
    my friend was trying to use siri to "call james" he did it about 7 times and it didnt work, so i used voice search and it did it straight away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #1117
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,144 Posts
    Just installed Ice Cream Sandwich on my Asus Transformer TF101.
    Holy fuck it's so smooth. And pretty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

38. Post #1118
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,066 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

39. Post #1119
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    quad-core = 4

fffuuu i need to learn 2 read
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

40. Post #1120
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,066 Posts
    quad-core = 4

fffuuu need to learn 2 read
    I know I did before I posted, funny how they say theirs 5 cores on a quad core when the fifth core is for power management.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events