1. Post #2521
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,886 Posts
    use copter, not invisibleshield

invisibleshield is a fucking mess... expensive, looks bad on the phone (small bumps in the actual screen protector) and it comes off after 5 months

its a piece of shit

Edited:

http://copter.cc/screenprotector/

this to be exact
    Not sure if they have my design and I think it gets shipped over to my place too (since the retailers are no where near Canada I believe)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #2522
    Heineken made me rich
    June 2005
    4,681 Posts
    Easy way to root an HTC Desire? my buddy just got one for 30 and I might be buying it off him. its pretty slick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #2523
    drunk
    August 2007
    29,174 Posts
    Not sure if they have my design and I think it gets shipped over to my place too (since the retailers are no where near Canada I believe)
    order it online on a canadian electronic store then, its worth it

its very good

Edited:

and im sure they have your design
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

4. Post #2524
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Easy way to root an HTC Desire? my buddy just got one for 30 and I might be buying it off him. its pretty slick
    Try Revolutionary.

Doesn't need a goldcard and worked for my friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

5. Post #2525
    Heineken made me rich
    June 2005
    4,681 Posts
    currently got unrevoked3 sat there saying "Running root..."

what's a good icon hiding app? my friend's left me to root his phone which he said is impossible, so when he gets back from the pub, there'll be no superuser to give the game away .

6. Post #2526
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    12,348 Posts
    Is there any way to take a screenshot of an Android device without "rooting" it?

I'm using a Galaxy GT-S5363, I've saw methods where you press Home+Back, but they don't seem to work, can anyone help me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

7. Post #2527
    Heineken made me rich
    June 2005
    4,681 Posts
    Ok, got it rooted.. Superuser and spareparts are hidden from show.

looked out the window down to the pub, he's still there enjoying himself, little does he know he's an idiot :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #2528
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,192 Posts
    I don't understand XDA logic (unless I'm the dumbass here).

Why do so many people there insist that you have to run a format script multiple times?

And why do they insist on using the script in the first place?

And why are the devs so egotistical? I'm fucking showing you the problem with your ROM. Don't tell me that it's my fault when someone else pointed out the same problem earlier.

why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #2529
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    Awesome! I get free levels on Angry Birds Space since I'm on a Samsung Device.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

10. Post #2530
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    turns out i'm due for an upgrade from ATT (USA)

the LG Nitro HD looks ridiculously fast and it's got a 720p screen, but the stock ROM looks absolutely terrible and i don't see any ICS roms for it :(

thinking i should just get something slower as long as it has an ICS ROM out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #2531
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,554 Posts

12. Post #2532
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    i think i've settled on the Galaxy S2, apparently they've already released the ICS kernel so there's a ton of ICS roms, and samsung makes nice phones so woo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #2533
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    turns out i'm due for an upgrade from ATT (USA)

the LG Nitro HD looks ridiculously fast and it's got a 720p screen, but the stock ROM looks absolutely terrible and i don't see any ICS roms for it :(

thinking i should just get something slower as long as it has an ICS ROM out
    HTC One X.

Edited:

i think i've settled on the Galaxy S2, apparently they've already released the ICS kernel so there's a ton of ICS roms, and samsung makes nice phones so woo
    Depends upon your tastes and whether you can afford to wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

14. Post #2534
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    HTC One X.

Edited:

Depends upon your tastes and whether you can afford to wait.
    looks like the HTC One X is for sprint, im with ATT so i'll stick to the S2. thanks though, the One X looks absolutely amazing

15. Post #2535
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,971 Posts
    Finally bought a case for my acer a500 and started using a mouse
    Tablet experience 2.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #2536
    Is SGS II very incompatible with games? Asking because I've heard some rumors about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

17. Post #2537
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    looks like the HTC One X is for sprint, im with ATT so i'll stick to the S2. thanks though, the One X looks absolutely amazing
    Look again, the One X is coming to AT&T first, then about a month or so after Sprint is releasing it.

18. Post #2538
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Look again, the One X is coming to AT&T first, then about a month or so after Sprint is releasing it.
    holy hell

well if its slated for a release next month then fuck it i'll wait and shell out the extra cash, this thing looks insane and my first android was an HTC and it was great

thanks

19. Post #2539
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    Is SGS II very incompatible with games? Asking because I've heard some rumors about that.
    As an S2 owner I can tell you that most, if not all games work. The only issue is with THD games which are released exclusively for Tegra devices (usually for a limited time).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #2540
    Oh, all right. I want to make sure it's not a bad idea if I happen to get it instead of Tegra-based SGR.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Poland Show Events

21. Post #2541
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,414 Posts
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ainol-n...ack-8gb-123540
    or
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/acho-c9...-a8-8gb-122808

They say Ainol is good, but I haven't tried it myself, but both of these have the same MALI 400 used in the Galaxy S II, even though these are single core
    I've heard a LOT about Ainol tablets, and apparently there's a problem with some units being pretty bad (build quality, issues with the OS, hardware issues). Basically, some work and some .. not so much. I really wanted to buy one of those at first, but then I read about all these issues + waiting up to one month for delivery (no matter where from) so I think I'll pass, for now.

The Play Store UI is near perfect when Books/Movies/Music are not available in your area. It's like 97% less clusterfucked.
    Plus I think the mockup UI is a little too much Metro-like which could cause legal problems. Not to mention the flood of "OMFG WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PLAYDROIDSTOREMARKET" posts all over the internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2542
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    Posting from MIUI ICS. Hnnng so nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #2543
    What new besides ICS changes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

24. Post #2544
    aaa
    June 2009
    1,847 Posts
    i'm waiting a few months to get a phone. currently I'm looking at the padfone or the s3. what do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

25. Post #2545
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,196 Posts
    I'd wait a few months before deciding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #2546
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,965 Posts
    I can get MIUI ICS for my phone but it's wonky as shit right about now. Stuff like USB mounting is completely broken and you can forget about using internal storage AND an SD card.

27. Post #2547
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,886 Posts
    The FTP server running off my phone happens to crash after copying over 100 MB or more, I think it might be by router how it boots my phone off the WiFi some times (as in often)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #2548
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Maybe you shouldn't run an FTP server on a Mini Pro?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #2549
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    anyone know a method to get ADHOC networks working with ICS?

30. Post #2550
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    anyone know a method to get ADHOC networks working with ICS?
    WiFi Direct?

Edited:

holy hell

well if its slated for a release next month then fuck it i'll wait and shell out the extra cash, this thing looks insane and my first android was an HTC and it was great

thanks
    Be aware that you don't get expandable storage with the One X, and the battery is not removable. It's a good phone, but those are two drawbacks.

31. Post #2551
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    WiFi Direct?

Edited:

Be aware that you don't get expandable storage with the One X, and the battery is not removable. It's a good phone, but those are two drawbacks.
    expandable storage?

Edited:

my only concern is that the One X will come out and it'll be ridiculously expensive even with my upgrade options

do brand new phones get an upgrade discount or what? i would hate to wait a whole month and then find out i cant afford the new phone. the One X looks absolutely amazing but i'll be p disappointed if i have to spend more than $200 on top of my upgrade discount.

Edited:

weird, it seems like some sites say the HTC One X is quad core and some say it's dual, whats up with that
    oh great, the ATT american version is dual core.

32. Post #2552
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,554 Posts
    expandable storage?

Edited:

my only concern is that the One X will come out and it'll be ridiculously expensive even with my upgrade options

do brand new phones get an upgrade discount or what? i would hate to wait a whole month and then find out i cant afford the new phone. the One X looks absolutely amazing but i'll be p disappointed if i have to spend more than $200 on top of my upgrade discount.

Edited:

weird, it seems like some sites say the HTC One X is quad core and some say it's dual, whats up with that
    If it's the new Qualcomm S4 chip, I think I've seen benchmarks of that beating the Tegra 3 more often than not.

33. Post #2553
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    all these phones are just too confusing im getting a Jitterbug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

34. Post #2554
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    expandable storage?

Edited:

Edited:

Expandable storage is basically being able to put a microSD in the phone for extra music/movies and stuff of that sort.

It will be 300 dollars, tops, on AT&T, if you are a new customer or upgrading. You will always get a discount, but it won't be as much as older phones that they want to clear out.

The AT&T version is a dual core yes, but each core is much, much faster than a single core in the quad core version. Just to put things in perspective, in some benchmarks two cores are beating 4-5 cores.

Oh, and the dual core processor is made on a much more power efficient process to begin with, and all the modem stuff is built in with the same power efficient process. This means that 4G LTE will drain less power, and I'm absolutely sure you can set up another mobile network access profile that will let you shut down LTE completely no matter what.

35. Post #2555
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    This is pretty annoying. Applied a full body skin to my phone (Bestskinsever), it was smooth for the first 2 days, wake up, find a 2cm bubble in middle of the battery cover skin.

:frog:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

36. Post #2556
    August 2008
    429 Posts
    Oh my god I hate my phone, I got a Samsung Exhibit 4G expecting to be able to put ICS or at least any other custom rom on it, apparently Samsung made sure that was impossible because nobody can figure out how to do it.
    It's even more tragic because after using the phone for a week it likes to lock up and restart itself every 6 hours.

37. Post #2557
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    guys, I'm looking for this so called "OTG" cable to connect my USB gamepad into my phone. Is this it? Also, I don't risk damaging my MicroUSB port by using a cheap cable off of eBay or something, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

38. Post #2558
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,379 Posts
    guys, I'm looking for this so called "OTG" cable to connect my USB gamepad into my phone. Is this it? Also, I don't risk damaging my MicroUSB port by using a cheap cable off of eBay or something, right?
    Thats it. I have that exact same one and it works perfectly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #2559
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Thats it. I have that exact same one and it works perfectly.
    Thanks. There's no risk in buying a cheap one off the internet other than it simply not working, right? I don't really feel like damaging my phone's only way of connecting to my PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

40. Post #2560
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,379 Posts
    Thanks. There's no risk in buying a cheap one off the internet other than it simply not working, right? I don't really feel like damaging my phone's only way of connecting to my PC.
    Pretty much yeah. It's only a cable so there's no way of damaging your phone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events