1. Post #1001
    Your monitor must have low brightness settings or something, because that is pretty intensly bright and fairly washed out.
    I wonder if yours is set really high, because it looks fine to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #1002
    YOU ARE DUMB AND NOBODY LIKES YOU
    January 2010
    6,061 Posts
    looks like there's no contrast to me too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1003
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,934 Posts
    looks like there's no contrast to me too
    find an enb config for skyrim that has the perfect amount of everything

opethfeldt's config is the most realistic out of all of the ones I've tried
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #1004
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,929 Posts
    I wonder if yours is set really high, because it looks fine to me.
    Sorry, but on a properly calibrated monitor it's DEFINITELY washed out. The saturation isn't too bad (except on the blood stain shot), but there's very little depth to the image.

5. Post #1005
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts

why am I playing ths at 4 am
    Alan Wake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #1006
    Sorry, but on a properly calibrated monitor it's DEFINITELY washed out. The saturation isn't too bad (except on the blood stain shot), but there's very little depth to the image.
    Haha

7. Post #1007
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,934 Posts
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...n&sku=224-9949

8. Post #1008
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,429 Posts
    do you even know what aberration means?
    Perhaps he meant abomination?
    um

aberration
    noun

1. A departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically one that is unwelcome

2. A departure from someone's usual moral character or mental ability, typically for the worse

3. A characteristic that deviates from the normal type

9. Post #1009
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,535 Posts
    There is no alan wake thread so i'll just say it here:

BUY ALAN WAKE. Seriously, one of the best single player games i've played in the last 3 years. The story is amazing, and it's actually a pretty long singleplayer game for today's standards (12 hours for 6 episodes, last 2 DLC episodes not even included in that time)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

10. Post #1010
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    I agree. It's good, especially for the low, low price of $30!

Remedy might do Alan Wake 2, but they want to be sure that enough people will play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

11. Post #1011
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    holy fuck dodging is awesome in this game

gets old after awhile though.

pretty scenery I tell ya whut.

spooky ass shit man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

12. Post #1012
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,440 Posts
    SRTT co-op.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

13. Post #1013
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,929 Posts
    I wish I had one of those. Regardless, had a fun time calibrating my monitor with a light meter a couple weeks ago; I don't think the picture has ever looked better.

14. Post #1014
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,934 Posts

gets old after awhile though.

pretty scenery I tell ya whut.

spooky ass shit man
    good god that avatar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1015
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Best way to play Alan Wake is without HUD.

16. Post #1016
    February 2009
    512 Posts
    Turning off the HUD is a pretty awesome new feature with this scenery
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #1017
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,247 Posts
    Too bad the mountains in the back look bad, otherwise the scenery looks great.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

18. Post #1018
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,445 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

19. Post #1019
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,014 Posts
    Dat Asssss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #1020
    May 2011
    2,411 Posts
    Turning off the HUD is a pretty awesome new feature with this scenery
    Them low def mountains in the skybox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

21. Post #1021
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    507 Posts
    Some ACR beta

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

22. Post #1022
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Alan Wake again.

This is such a fucking pretty screenshot.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1023
    April 2008
    1,383 Posts
    Метро две тысячи тридцать-три

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #1024
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,207 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #1025
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    in regards to that previous screenshot posted that someone called "washed out and bright"

eh, have any of you been outside recently? that's closer to realistic looking than the base game. It does look a bit odd though, but I think in the end it does come down to choice, thing is all these games trying to go for a high contrast look to look "Realistic" are doing it wrong, the thing is outdoors has a LOT of "ambient" light, or basically light bouncing off of shit into other shit and around the inside of shit, that's why our arms and shit don't look black in the shadow, only slightly darker but too many "Realistic" configs try to get strong blacks for shadows and shit. Looks crappy when they do that IMO, but to each his own
    same applies to the environment, too many go for the super high contrast black shadows look when doing outdoor environments, that's rarely the case in reality though... it does depend on area and tree coverage and all that sort of shit but in terms of open areas, there needs to be less contrast and more ambient if they're tryna get "Realistic"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

26. Post #1026
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,586 Posts
    in regards to that previous screenshot posted that someone called "washed out and bright"

eh, have any of you been outside recently? that's closer to realistic looking than the base game. It does look a bit odd though, but I think in the end it does come down to choice, thing is all these games trying to go for a high contrast look to look "Realistic" are doing it wrong, the thing is outdoors has a LOT of "ambient" light, or basically light bouncing off of shit into other shit and around the inside of shit, that's why our arms and shit don't look black in the shadow, only slightly darker but too many "Realistic" configs try to get strong blacks for shadows and shit. Looks crappy when they do that IMO, but to each his own
    same applies to the environment, too many go for the super high contrast black shadows look when doing outdoor environments, that's rarely the case in reality though... it does depend on area and tree coverage and all that sort of shit but in terms of open areas, there needs to be less contrast and more ambient if they're tryna get "Realistic"
    Looking more realistic has nothing to do with what they're talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #1027
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,540 Posts
    Looking more realistic has nothing to do with what they're talking about.
    No but they're shitting on someone elses tastes
    if someone is after a realistic look, that's their preference. i'm not gonna say it looks shitty compared to other looks, though before this turns into a style vs realism debate i'm just gonna hop off this one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #1028
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,883 Posts
    --Cow Ass--
    Game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #1029
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,444 Posts
    Looks like Witcher 2

30. Post #1030
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    728 Posts
    The Witcher

Semi-ninja'd but it's the first game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

31. Post #1031
    January 2012
    1,140 Posts
    good god that avatar
    She wants to fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #1032
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,083 Posts
    Some ACR beta
    Is it good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

33. Post #1033
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,892 Posts
    patroling our base but one of our res nodes got destroyed went out to see what it was

fuck

FUCK

FUCK!

we pushed them back but our 2nd res node got destroyed by a fade so we went to repair the power

FUUCK

after 10 mins of fighting and holding the line we formed a group to hit back at their hive

pushed deep into their 2nd hive

taking down that 2nd hive

after taking down the 2nd hive we lost 2 SQ members so had to RTB

damn game was the longest i've ever player 1 hour and 18 mins long the server was getting real laggy due to the infestation
    natural selection 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

34. Post #1034
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,680 Posts
    That game has been in development for like 500 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

35. Post #1035
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

36. Post #1036
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,359 Posts
    Niiice.

Edited:

Oh yea the game looks decent too.

37. Post #1037
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,845 Posts
    That game has been in development for like 500 years.
    Well they did decide to create a completely new engine about 1/4 of the way through. From what i've seen of the beta so far, it paid off imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #1038
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    507 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

39. Post #1039
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,662 Posts

Damn, I suck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events

40. Post #1040
    January 2008
    190 Posts
    What it says on the tin. Also included: a hilarious joke at the end of the video

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)