1. Post #1
    I'M A MASSIVE FAGGOT AND LOVE COCKS
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    Before giving hard advice let me give you advice about advice, before forming your opinion step on the shoes of the person you're giving advice, weigh your experience and take into context everything you know about the situation, most of the advice i've seen on this thread and in the original LA section were simply people just trying to be 'right', instead of helping

Carry on

V1: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1133771
    V2: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1152241

Quoted from V2, thanks for lil_n00blett for gathering all this great info!

Welcome to the place Facepunchers like yourself come to in order to solve their ~love~ problems (or just trying to figure out how to put together sentences in front of other humans)

Dating: The Basics
    This is going to mostly be geared toward males, because that's mostly who comes through here.

I need a girlfriend :(
    No, you don't. If you have that attitude, you don't know what it is that you want, and you'll probably get called out for it, too. You should focus on making yourself happy before you try to make someone else happy. That's what a relationship is, caring for another person and doing your best to make them happy, and it's hard to do that if you have plenty of your own problems. So figure yourself out before you get into dating; get some hobbies, develop as a person, make lots of friends, and romance will follow suit.

I like this girl--
    Stop, stop right there. You like her? Ask her out.

But I've hardly spoken to her.
    That doesn't matter. You don't need to become someone's best friend before you can take them on a date. You don't even need to become their friend. Going out with someone doesn't guarantee a relationship will follow, or even that you have to still like the person you took out. It's supposed to be about learning about the other person and deciding if you're interested enough to keep seeing them and take things further.

How do I ask her out?
    Just get a short conversation started, make some small talk, get her name if you haven't already, and ask her, "hey, do you want to go out to X with me on Y?" It's important to be clear that you're going out, to make it less confusing. If you say "hang out," it's more likely to be taken as just friends, that sort of thing.

Being "Cool"

Don't set out to be cool. It sounds really cliche, but the key is to just be yourself. And also, it has a little bit to do with looking around you and not doing things that are socially really weird. It's not that difficult. The important things include being open to everyone around you; don't shut out one group because you think they're all just douchebags and sluts. Be open to talk to people like that and show you're a fun/funny person, and they'll see that. Give everybody a chance and find the people that you like to be around the most, and if you just talk to them enough, transitioning into hanging out with them on your free time should be easy enough.

You don't need to limit yourself to hanging out with your one group of friends that plays LoL together and hangs out on weekends for LAN parties. You can also have that group of friends you hang out with when you want to go to a party, that group of friends you have for when you want to run through town and act ridiculous, etc. You'll probably have one group that's your best friends, but you can be friends with lots of people. And it's a good feeling that, for example, if you're at lunch or something and your best friend's gone sick, you can easily just walk down a few tables to sit with one of the other groups that will welcome you because you're fun to be around.

Just be yourself and be confident. You can talk about anything with anyone.

Tips from Dark_Light on what it means to be "alpha" (it's just a term, don't freak out about idiots calling themselves alpha):

Dark_Light posted:
    - Being ‘Alpha’, What It Means and Why It’s Important -

First off, let me clear something up. Being ‘alpha’ is not stupid, and striving to reflect alpha values is not either. However, going around and thinking “what I am doing makes me more alpha and therefore I am an alpha male” is obviously fucking retarded. To me, being alpha is just an easy way to describe the many characteristics which make up a generally attractive, independent and confident male. Forget the terminology and its connotations, all it means is having a strong core and consequently being able to interact well with both men and women. I first read about this whole concept of being alpha over two years ago and I have since never used it in conversation or even thought about it. I understood and internalized the ideas, and continually strived to improve my core values every day since. That’s all that it should be about, so let’s not get caught up on the semantics.

So why is it important? Allow me to generalize, but women are generally attracted to the qualities which an alpha male carries. They are confident, successful, and interesting. They know what they want and are firm in their efforts to get it. To reduce it to a science, it is an evolutionary efficient strategy to praise a leader. Why are ‘nice guys always coming last’ whilst the assholes and jerks seem to be the ones more successful with women? It is because with an asshole personality comes some of the qualities of an alpha male; he is self-centered, he has little regard for what others think of him, he does and says what he wants when he wants, he is unafraid of women, and so on. Inversely, your archetypal ‘nice guy’ (read: chump) displays behaviours and attitudes which girls generally find unattractive; he is needy and very available, he bends over backwards to appease her, he usually focuses on a single girl and puts her up on a pedestal, and so on. Now, you obviously don't want to be either of these things. You can be a nice guy without being a 'nice guy' and you can be confident and forward without being an asshole.

*Keep in mind, leadership is NOT dominance. A man who thinks he is the best man in the world is not going to learn from anybody. This is no competition where you have to try and ‘out-alpha’ other males around you. It is just as important to listen and learn from your peers and to respect the opinions of others. You'll find it very difficult to move forward in life if the only person you value is yourself.*

Now that we understand the importance of all of this in relation to attraction and relationships (although 'alpha' qualities will benefit all areas of your life), here is a short list of some of what I think are the most important things that should be aimed for:

1) You are all of the things mentioned in BDA's OP.
    Don't get me wrong at all. I know a lot of people, BDA included, have this issue with being 'alpha' and the rest of it, but this post is in no way in spite of any of that. As I explained, to me it is just a term which unfortunately has gained quite a stigma and is easily associated with overly dominant, ego-inflated assholes. I of course do not agree with this definition and I definitely want to stress how important it is to be friendly, genuine and respectful to both yourself and everyone you interact with.

2) You lead and take charge.
    The majority of people will respond favourably to a person that takes charge. You make the decisions, you lead your peers by example, you initiate interaction with women, you lead the conversations, you ask them out, you go for the kiss, you take them by the hand and lead them like a gentleman would, you are not afraid to escalate physically. You do not follow the crowd for the sake of it, you make decisions for yourself. Being assertive is important in many others areas of life. You set out to get what you want.

3) You do not seek approval.
    You do things for yourself, not to impress this or that person. You don't buy her a drink or a gift only to please her, you don't say or do something because you think your peers will find it funny and think more of you. Inversely, you don't shy away from saying or doing things which you want to because you fear rejection or judgement from those around you. You are proud of your opinions but are mature enough to consider criticism. You are your own person, you do not need others to validate you to be confident. Your confidence comes from within. You are fucking awesome and you know it. You are the center of your own world.

4) You are non-reactive and outcome-independent
    You don't chase after a specific outcome such as getting a number or a kiss, which saves you disappointment in case of failure. You are indifferent to the outcome and instead stay in the moment and enjoy the process. Everything you do is a learning experience, and you have fun along the way no matter what. You do not fear rejection. This leads in to you being non-reactive. You do not seek reactions from others and you do not respond to their reactions. You don't see a girl looking at you and immediately she likes you. You do not ever even wonder if a girl likes you or not before getting to know her, such information is irrelevant to you. You assume attraction and continue as you would usually. Inversely, you do not become depressed if a girl turns you down. You maintain your state and move on.

5) You are true to yourself and confident in being yourself.
    You stick to who you are and never fake anything to make yourself appear to be something you are not. You do not hide your insecurities behind masks of fake confidence.You have your own inner values which define who you are and you are not afraid to be passionate in expressing these things. You know who you are and you aren't afraid to be that person.

6) You are always looking for ways to further yourself as a person.
    You are constantly improving yourself. Mind (control of your thoughts and feelings), body (having a body you are proud of and can be comfortable in) and spirit (your passions, values, inner energies and other intangibles) are all as important as each other. They feed off of each other and you can't expect to have one of them healthy if another is lacking. You keep looking for lessons to learn and experiences to gain from. You accept the opinions of others as you understand that external perspectives can be beneficial. You want to live a happy and fulfilling life and you understand the importance of self-improvement in achieving this.

7) You don't give two shits about 'being alpha'.
    You don't go around explicitly thinking you are an alpha male. You don't laugh at people and call them betas. You don't even think about trying to be 'alpha'. You have developed yourself to the point where you are naturally an interesting, confident and passionate individual which people want to know.

Evidently, a lot of these things tie into each other, and so it may seem like I'm repeating myself here and there but essentially it becomes this frame of beliefs which work off of each other. You're confident in being yourself which means you don't seek the approval of others which means you make decisions for yourself, and so on.
    Anyway, please do make any comments or ask any questions that you may have and I'll do my best to elaborate or explain. I'm more than happy to hear conflicting opinions on anything I've mentioned as well.
    Thanks for reading.
    Some very useful information about the friend zone from Dark_Light:

Dark_Light posted:
    - The Friend Zone, What It Is and How to Avoid/Escape It –

Typical scenario; shy, quiet, lonely dude meets a girl. They hit it off quickly and become very close. The guy thinks he’s finally met someone that wants to know him, he’s finally met a girl that he can connect with. He starts crushing on her, and not quite sure on how to deal with this, he starts doing everything he can to let the girl know how much he cares. But she doesn’t see it, she’s too busy chasing all the other guys. ‘Why does she like those guys and not me, I’ve been here this whole time and I’m so much better than them!’ Losing his patience, he finally cracks; he has to tell her how he feels.

“Aw… You’re just a really good friend, I love you like a brother…”

This is the friend zone, and this is something I think a lot of the guys posting here have experienced. I’ve been there, and I know there are others in this thread that have as well who have ended up getting the girl in question, so let me make it clear: It is possible to ‘get out’ of this situation. More on that later.

Clearly the best way to avoid the problem is to never get here in the first place. Here are a few tips to avoid developing this with a girl:

1) Understand and adapt all of the things mentioned in my last post:
    You can get mad about me using the word ‘alpha’ all you want, it doesn’t change the fact that if you are an independent, confident, genuine and self-respecting individual, you are a LOT less likely to be seen as ‘just a friend’ by a girl, and you are also a lot less likely to develop such a deep crush on a single person.

2) Realize that there are many other girls available:
    This situation usually comes about from a guy thinking he’s met the only girl that will ever like him. The guy is often longing for a relationship and so naturally thinks that he really likes her and that she is the best option. The truth is, there are plenty of other options available.

3) Avoid confessing your feelings:
    There is really no reason to let a girl know how you feel about them until there is a clear mutual connection. All it does is make things awkward and puts the ball completely in her court. The only time this will work in your favour is if she also likes you, but most of the time it’s just going to make her even more reserved around you and everything you do around or with her is going to feel awkward. Seriously just don’t do this.

4) Don’t put her up on a pedestal:
    Don't be so available for her, be more of a challenge. Don't do everything you can to please her, don't focus all of your energies on her alone. You need to treat every girl like you’re boyfriend-material, not just her. Don't agree with everything she says just because you like her. Don't be scared to disagree with her, you have your own opinions as well.

So, for those less fortunate and have already ended up in this predicament, it isn't completely hopeless. Yes, it's difficult, and your best bet would be to drop it and move on to other options, but it is possible to recover. Each situation is different but generally you want to be less available, and more of a 'challenge' for the girl.
    What does this mean? Allow me to elaborate with the following tips on how to get out of the 'friend zone':

1) Make a conscious effort to improve yourself:
    It is often the case with guys that end up in this problem that they are the timid, quiet type who have inevitably clung onto the first hint of female interest. Your absolute best bet on improving the situation is to first improve yourself. Again, I think my last post will be helpful in this area specifically, especially the 6th point on self-improvement. Even the superficial things such as hitting the gym and paying more attention to your appearance will have an effect on your self-confidence and how you carry yourself. Always remember, until you love yourself, don't expect to be able to have someone else love you, nor will it be easy to love anyone else. You should always come first.

2) Live your own life:
    You have your own life to live, one that is centered around yourself and not her. You have other friends, you know other girls, you have your own hobbies and interests. You don't have to drop everything to answer at her every call. No, you don't have to fake anything or think this is some sort of game with her, just live your OWN life and let her miss you. She is not your first and only priority. If she texts/calls you, obviously be friendly, but just always appear busy, preoccupied, distracted etc. End conversations earlier than you used to, simply by saying you're busy/have something else to do/can't talk right now. Spend less time with her and focus your energies on yourself instead.

3) Be sexually confident:
    One of the biggest reasons guys end up as 'just a friend' is because there is no sexual attraction from the girl. To avoid this, you need to express that you are comfortable with your sexuality. You aren't afraid to be physical with her, you aren't scared to touch her (no, this doens't meant groping her), and you aren't scared of her touching you either. Just start with light touches on her hands or her arms. Make your hugs intimate and genuine! You should also be flirting with her, don't be afraid to tease her or make jokes at her expense, of course all playfully. Just have fun with it!

4) Just fucking RELAX:
    Just treat her like a friend. Don't let me confuse you here, but seriously what has the relationship been about up to this point? It's been about the guy being desperately in love with a girl that doesn't feel the same way. He hasn't been treating her at all like a friend. You don't kiss your friends' asses, you don't put up with them treating you like shit, you don't worry about annoying them and you don't shy away from teasing them. Just relax, regain your composure and be natural. Be yourself, not some continually pathetic attempt at impressing her. She's only going to be attracted to you if you're being YOU. Stop over-thinking everything and exist in the moment, not in your head. If you're on a date with her, listen to her stories, smile when you want to smile, laugh when you want to laugh, grab her hand when the moment feels right. Ideally you never even want to be asking, "does she like me?" A more important question should be, "do I like her?"

All in all, it's much easier to just avoid ending up in the friend zone, but once you get there it is possible to recover the situation. It's difficult, and consequently it would only be counter-intuitive if you put an excessive amount of effort into trying to save the situation, but one thing I preach often is the importance of self-improvement. There are always lessons to be learnt, so don't be afraid to let go and move on to different, new experiences, and who knows, she might just follow you anyway.
    (i'll format this better in a few hours)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Friendly x 21Dumb x 12Winner x 4Funny x 3Useful x 2Agree x 2Informative x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    Thank you, Mr. Breen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    i am king of thread, as such i will not let any questions or advice unanswered
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    oh god why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26Funny Funny x 8 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2010
    232 Posts
    Maybe copypaste the OP from the last thread? There was some great stuff in that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #6
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    Maybe copypaste the OP from the last thread? There was some great stuff in that.
    Sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

7. Post #7
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,913 Posts
    why would you make the thread without the effort to write up a nice guide
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    February 2010
    1,255 Posts
    Fresh thread
    Fresh slate

Smells gooood.
    Could get used to this new thread every month malarky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    why would you make the thread without the effort to write up a nice guide
    The one in the other OP is very educational, i copy-pasted it just now. (and gave due credit obviously)

10. Post #10
    Fresh thread
    Fresh slate
    no actually
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    A friend of mine had a date planned.

he thought it was a good idea to go on a first date smarked.

12. Post #12
    February 2010
    1,255 Posts
    no actually
    Come at me bro ill fight you @ lan.
    Wasnt stated when I was banned. Lets call it a clerical error.

No fap feb guys use it to get the ladies.
    Back next month

Red leader out
    Rgr rgr.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Back next month
    Nope.

Calling it right here. Post in this or any subsequent love advice thread ever again and I will perma you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    February 2010
    1,255 Posts
    Nope.

Calling it right here. Post in this or any subsequent love advice thread ever again and I will perma you.

Confirmation instruction is understood.

Good luck getting ass kids cause your gona need!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #15
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,080 Posts
    Confirmation instruction is understood.

Good luck getting ass kids cause your gona need!
    because i'm sure you're one hell of a success story
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    oh god the girl I'm sort of kind of dating just told me that her mother is a psychic and can talk to dead people

I'm packing my bags for australia and getting the fuck away what do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events Funny Funny x 23 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    oh god the girl I'm sort of kind of dating just told me that her mother is a psychic and can talk to dead people

I'm packing my bags for australia and getting the fuck away what do
    Get her preggers you can have kids that all have a sixth sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

18. Post #18
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,449 Posts
    What do I do when girls don't have much to say or kill a conversation or just make it awkward on accident?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #19
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    End the conversation.

Conversations begin and conversations end. When it's time for one to end (someone runs out of things to say/doesn't feel like talking anymore/etc) let it end. Say your goodbyes and leave it there. A conversation that goes strong and is cut off as it begins to fail is much better than one that is drawn out and slowly dribbles on for way too long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    End the conversation.

Conversations begin and conversations end. When it's time for one to end (someone runs out of things to say/doesn't feel like talking anymore/etc) let it end. Say your goodbyes and leave it there. A conversation that goes strong and is cut off as it begins to fail is much better than one that is drawn out and slowly dribbles on for way too long.
    I must disagree, as it's counterproductive. If his purpose is a phone number, kiss, or anything else from her, then by all means he should continue doing so, but, with a purpose in mind.

When I engage in conversation with women I'd like to get things from, I will make the conversation obviously go my way. Most don't know how, so maybe at first your advice seems good as it removes any discomfort, but to achieve greater results one must go out of his comfort zone as much as possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,366 Posts
    I must disagree, as it's counterproductive. If his purpose is a phone number, kiss, or anything else from her, then by all means he should continue doing so, but, with a purpose in mind.

When I engage in conversation with women I'd like to get things from, I will make the conversation obviously go my way. Most don't know how, so maybe at first your advice seems good as it removes any discomfort, but to achieve greater results one must go out of his comfort zone as much as possible.
    Well a lot of times when a girl (or anybody else) stops contributing to the conversation, they just don't want to talk to you anymore. In that case, I think it would be a bad idea to keep pestering them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

22. Post #22
    Huge Faggot #2
    November 2007
    5,149 Posts
    My senior prom is in a few months and I know that it's not all it's cracked up to be, but I'm still getting a bit nervous. Everyone's talking about it and such and to be honest this and the months leading up to my junior prom last year were the only stressful times in my entire high school career. Last year I asked a great girl to go with me and we both had a great time. But she's got a boyfriend this year (I wasn't interested her romantically, so don't pin it on that) so I can't ask her. I just really want to ask a girl I'd have a good time with because that's really all I care about from now until college, making the most of my senior year. I'm nervous that if I ask someone and she turns out to be boring or something I'll be locked into going with her, but at the same time of I wait to long they're all going to be taken.

This is the most stress I've ever felt in high school, not even Advanced Placement exams could phase me, and I'm getting all hung up over this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    Well a lot of times when a girl (or anybody else) stops contributing to the conversation, they just don't want to talk to you anymore. In that case, I think it would be a bad idea to keep pestering them.
    When a girl is attracted to you it will never be considered pestering, trust me. Also, if she's attracted to you, she'll fill in the blank. Don't leave the conversation if you like the girl.

Edited:

My senior prom is in a few months and I know that it's not all it's cracked up to be, but I'm still getting a bit nervous. Everyone's talking about it and such and to be honest this and the months leading up to my junior prom last year were the only stressful times in my entire high school career. Last year I asked a great girl to go with me and we both had a great time. But she's got a boyfriend this year (I wasn't interested her romantically, so don't pin it on that) so I can't ask her. I just really want to ask a girl I'd have a good time with because that's really all I care about from now until college, making the most of my senior year. I'm nervous that if I ask someone and she turns out to be boring or something I'll be locked into going with her, but at the same time of I wait to long they're all going to be taken.

This is the most stress I've ever felt in high school, not even Advanced Placement exams could phase me, and I'm getting all hung up over this.
    Then make the right choice. Waiting won't make any difference, choose who you see fit and let yourself enjoy instead of feeding yourself that it will turn out bad, when it has the same chances going bad as going good.

When you let yourself enjoy, she sure as hell will also enjoy it. It's just prom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

24. Post #24
    February 2011
    279 Posts
    None of my friends approve of me doing math outside of school for fun. Most of my friends are somewhat neutral on the situation, but a few people are just being douchebags about it. Any advice?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Who gives a shit what they think?

Plenty of people hate math but I love it. I don't care. It's something I enjoy that they don't. I bet there are plenty of things they enjoy that I don't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

26. Post #26
    February 2011
    279 Posts
    Who gives a shit what they think?

Plenty of people hate math but I love it. I don't care. It's something I enjoy that they don't. I bet there are plenty of things they enjoy that I don't.
    But I do give a shit what they think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    March 2008
    319 Posts
    I'm nervous that if I ask someone and she turns out to be boring or something I'll be locked into going with her, but at the same time of I wait to long they're all going to be taken.
    If you ask someone and she turns out to be boring, make an effort anyway! That's the polite thing to do. Besides, if you went to someone and said 'Oh yeah I had a shitty prom, I went with this boring girl' they'd be like 'and you let that ruin your night?!'. And I think (this is just my dumbass opinion) people aren't always as boring as you'd first think. I mean, you'd be hard pressed to find a really boring person with nothing to chat about.

What I'm saying is just pick someone who's taken your fancy, and give them the benefit of the doubt, they could be a blast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,366 Posts
    Just do what you want to do and ignore it. As long as you aren't bringing it up in a conversation, then I don't see what would keep causing the problem.

29. Post #29
    February 2011
    279 Posts
    Just do what you want to do and ignore it. As long as you aren't bringing it up in a conversation, then I don't see what would keep causing the problem.
    They see me doing math and they bring it up. I try to say "whatever" or "that's your opinion" but they keep pushing it.

30. Post #30
    March 2008
    319 Posts
    None of my friends approve of me doing math outside of school for fun. Most of my friends are somewhat neutral on the situation, but a few people are just being douchebags about it. Any advice?
    Straight up tell them to fuck off. I can imagine it's difficult to hear "oh it doesn't matter what they think!" and it doesn't, but if you don't believe that, then it sounds like you're possibly at an age where it does matter? Like in school or something?

If not, you can get better friends because anyone who acts like that out of school age is a twat. But my point is, tell them to fuck off. It doesn't have to be aggressively like you want to start a fight or anything. Just don't entertain the idea of carrying on the conversation, if they're being a dick just be like 'yeah okay man, whatever' and carry on doing your own thing.

If it's any consolation, being passionate something enough that you spend your free time on it, that isn't wanking or playing video games is an attractive trait in people. Even if it's a boring thing, people don't care as long as your eyes light up when you talk about it, they'll be happy to hear about it probably!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    It's not something you really enjoy if your friends' opinions affect what you think of it. Tell them it's something that interests you, and it doesn't affect them and they should leave you alone. If they can't do that, they're not terribly great friends and you should

Straight up tell them to fuck off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #32
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    18,050 Posts
    what the fuck do they have to do with what you want to do in their free time. it's none of their business and you should indeed

Straight up tell them to fuck off
    it's some really immature behavior and they don't sound like they are very nice

Edited:

me and my gf had a fight a few days ago. she got pissed because there's some things i do that bother her, and i got pissed because there's some things she does that bother me (caring about things that i saw as silly included).
    we argued and it was ok, then.

today, the same thing happened. she came over, she got pissed because i went to my pc for a few minutes to check on a few things i was doing. i guessed she wouldnt bother because she was, after all, reading a book. turns out she cared, and then left earlier than i'd expect, said it wasn't necessary for me to walk with her to the bus stop (which is a good 10 minute walk from my place and the bus takes its time to arrive, you know how its like) even though she always wants me to, etc. at the time i asked her if everything was ok and she insisted it was, even though i could see it wasnt.

now we were talking about it online, and i told her she should just tell me on the spot if im doing something thats bothering her. she said she has to deal with it and get used to how i am or a relationship wont work because we idealize partners etc etc

now i dont know if i should tell her to complain about things i do that she dislikes or if i should just let her "get used" to how i am (which to be honest is an alternative i dont see working)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,185 Posts
    why did you hijack this fucking thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,234 Posts
    What do I do when girls don't have much to say or kill a conversation or just make it awkward on accident?
    if they make it awkward i start acting awkward on purpose too because it's funny.
    sometimes they don't find it as funny as I do though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    The one in the other OP is very educational, i copy-pasted it just now. (and gave due credit obviously)
    Can you separate out the quotes? It doesn't look great all clustered into one giant quote box.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    what the fuck do they have to do with what you want to do in their free time. it's none of their business and you should indeed

it's some really immature behavior and they don't sound like they are very nice

Edited:

me and my gf had a fight a few days ago. she got pissed because there's some things i do that bother her, and i got pissed because there's some things she does that bother me (caring about things that i saw as silly included).
    we argued and it was ok, then.

today, the same thing happened. she came over, she got pissed because i went to my pc for a few minutes to check on a few things i was doing. i guessed she wouldnt bother because she was, after all, reading a book. turns out she cared, and then left earlier than i'd expect, said it wasn't necessary for me to walk with her to the bus stop (which is a good 10 minute walk from my place and the bus takes its time to arrive, you know how its like) even though she always wants me to, etc. at the time i asked her if everything was ok and she insisted it was, even though i could see it wasnt.

now we were talking about it online, and i told her she should just tell me on the spot if im doing something thats bothering her. she said she has to deal with it and get used to how i am or a relationship wont work because we idealize partners etc etc

now i dont know if i should tell her to complain about things i do that she dislikes or if i should just let her "get used" to how i am (which to be honest is an alternative i dont see working)
    Dude, what the fuck. Either she tells you the fuck's wrong, or tell her to piss off. This childish behavior will lead to no where but constant arguments and a broken relationship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    Dude, what the fuck. Either she tells you the fuck's wrong, or tell her to piss off. This childish behavior will lead to no where but constant arguments and a broken relationship.
    I don't know if he loves her or not, but i assume it's kind of HARD to tell your loved ones to fuck off

Edited:

Can you separate out the quotes? It doesn't look great all clustered into one giant quote box.
    I'll get on it later today or tomorrow morning i have too much college crap to handle at the moment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    Love is a point of view thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    Have you ever been in love

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    I have had strong feelings, I even cried. Still, I don't call it being in love just being infatuated. Love to me, has a different definition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)