1. Post #5121
    March 2007
    1,925 Posts
    She's thinking about it..

I told her friends to help her out if she asks for it. Just as a heads up.

Edited:

No, you have no idea.

This girl. She doesn't update her status every 6 minutes ok.. she's different. She doesn't dress all slutty either. She's kind of a like a Tomboy. That's what I liked about her.
    Man, sorry to ruin your fun but. It's post breakup status diarrhea. Most girls (in this case girls, although guys do it too) type all kinds of crazy shit after they breakup. It means shit, trust me. If she wanted to tell you something she'd do it.

And even if she is trying to indirectly tell you something, which I doubt, it would be an awful way to do it, and you're no hieroglyph expert so gain some self-respect.

If she has something to say to you and if she likes you, she'll respect you enough to come talk to you or even call you. Don't accept anything less than that. And by less I mean trying to decipher girl code language.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

2. Post #5122
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,753 Posts
    Yeah.

I accept it's over but you guys know that's not how our brains work..

The thing is.. just when I think I've recovered. I'm pulled back in.
    So then pull yourself back out

This whole bullshit with "Just when I think I've recovered, I'm pulled back in" is just silly. That's the silliest thing I've read in awhile. Please snap out of it and move on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #5123
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    That was the most painful, cheesy thing I've read in weeks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #5124
    January 2009
    2,091 Posts

This whole bullshit with "Just when I think I've recovered, I'm pulled back in" is just silly. That's the silliest thing I've read in awhile. Please snap out of it and move on.
    You let yourself get melodramatic and things get worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #5125
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,013 Posts
    facebook is the devil when it comes to relationship shit yo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

6. Post #5126
    March 2007
    1,925 Posts
    Facebook status... text message terrorism... oh the drama!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #5127
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,753 Posts
    Facebook status... text message terrorism... oh the drama!
    "this girl texted me a winky smiley face and made a facebook status that I've convinced myself is about me DOES SHE LIKE ME?????"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #5128
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,298 Posts
    fuuuuuuu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

9. Post #5129
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts

It's like snapping out of depression or something, you can't.

I'm fine but every now and then.. you know? I'm better now.

All right, unsuscribing to this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #5130
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,753 Posts
    It's like snapping out of depression or something, you can't.

I'm fine but every now and then.. you know? I'm better now.

All right, unsuscribing to this thread.
    Depression and melodrama are two completely different things, don't play that card.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

11. Post #5131
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,090 Posts
    It's like snapping out of depression or something, you can't
    haha wow how offensive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #5132
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,848 Posts
    why do people come into advice threads, but when people call them out on their issues, they argue or leave?
    its an advice thread on the internet, if you dont like hearing the truth, dont post in it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #5133
    August 2011
    427 Posts
    Facepunch, I am in between a rock in a hard place here.

So me and this girl have been dating off and on for a quite a long time. I love her very much, but recently she has gotten a job and is barely able to talk to me or even spend time with me anymore. Just recently she said she was off of work for two days, this was the first day she was off in quite a while and we got into a small fight and she ended up not even coming over. So I shrugged it off because she then said she would come over the next day. The next day however she just decided to go spend time with her nanny instead of coming to see me again because she was still mad. That really hurt me, so I got mad and we got into a big fight which wound up being about that and what we had fought about the day before. She gave me a bunch of reasons why she couldn't come over and just kinda told me to deal with it and I broke up with her.

After that I had gotten on to Facebook feeling not too well. Another girl, who is the daughter of a family friend, messaged me. She had confessed to liking me before and I had done the same. It was quite some time back when we had said we liked one another and before her and I ever had a real relationship me and the girl stated before started dating and I just stopped talking to her.

Well anyways she asked about the break up and we talked a bit. After a while she said that I should come over to her house and hang out. I wasn't sure about this because I had a feeling me and my ex would wind up getting back together again and going to her house would make sure that me and my ex's relationship would definitely be over.

The girl I talked to on Facebook is really quite hot and I wouldn't mind trying someone new. On the other hand though I really love my ex, she says we will be able to hang out more but I'm not sure if we really will. I hate being so lonely all of the time and with the girl on Facebook we would be able to see each other much more often.

What do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #5134
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,275 Posts
    If you really love your ex, then having a fling with the other girl won't help matters at all. It'll just be short term relief I would think. I spose the question would be do you want to get back with your ex?

15. Post #5135
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,204 Posts
    "So me and this girl have been dating off and on for quite a long time"

your relationship with her already sounds like it has some serious flaws and it isn't likely to work past the constant off and on. realize that, and stop wasting your time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #5136
    August 2011
    427 Posts
    If you really love your ex, then having a fling with the other girl won't help matters at all. It'll just be short term relief I would think. I spose the question would be do you want to get back with your ex?
    Well I mean I love her and I do want to get back with her, I'm just afraid we won't be able to see each other much and I will be lonely like I was before.

"So me and this girl have been dating off and on for quite a long time"

your relationship with her already sounds like it has some serious flaws and it isn't likely to work past the constant off and on. realize that, and stop wasting your time.
    I've gotten that before, but I've really grown attached to her, she was my first love I guess you could say.

17. Post #5137
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,275 Posts
    Well then it sounds like you need to have a long talk with her about the future of the relationship. You should lay down the problems that you're having with it and see if you two can compromise. If you can't compromise and nothing will change for the better, then move on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #5138
    August 2011
    427 Posts
    Well then it sounds like you need to have a long talk with her about the future of the relationship. You should lay down the problems that you're having with it and see if you two can compromise. If you can't compromise and nothing will change for the better, then move on.
    I could try that, but I have a feeling it will just start another fight.

19. Post #5139
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,204 Posts
    Well I mean I love her and I do want to get back with her, I'm just afraid we won't be able to see each other much and I will be lonely like I was before.

I've gotten that before, but I've really grown attached to her, she was my first love I guess you could say.
    it doesn't matter if she was your first love if neither of you are happy with the way things are going and you clearly don't care if you're saying things like "it would be nice to try someone new." you have no obligation to stay with her just because you dated her before anyone else.

I could try that, but I have a feeling it will just start another fight.
    If even trying to communicate will cause a fight, your relationship is not working.

Edited:

and seriously, you broke up with her not long ago and immediately had the mindset that you'd probably just get back together? you don't even take break-ups seriously, so what's the point? you should be able to see the issues here.

20. Post #5140
    August 2011
    427 Posts
    it doesn't matter if she was your first love if neither of you are happy with the way things are going and you clearly don't care if you're saying things like "it would be nice to try someone new." you have no obligation to stay with her just because you dated her before anyone else.

If even trying to communicate will cause a fight, your relationship is not working.

Edited:

and seriously, you broke up with her not long ago and immediately had the mindset that you'd probably just get back together? you don't even take break-ups seriously, so what's the point? you should be able to see the issues here.
    I suppose you are right. I should just let her go and move on. I'm sorry I'm just fucking retarded when it comes to relationships. lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

21. Post #5141
    March 2007
    1,925 Posts
    Facepunch, I am in between a rock in a hard place here.

So me and this girl have been dating off and on for a quite a long time. I love her very much, but recently she has gotten a job and is barely able to talk to me or even spend time with me anymore. Just recently she said she was off of work for two days, this was the first day she was off in quite a while and we got into a small fight and she ended up not even coming over. So I shrugged it off because she then said she would come over the next day. The next day however she just decided to go spend time with her nanny instead of coming to see me again because she was still mad. That really hurt me, so I got mad and we got into a big fight which wound up being about that and what we had fought about the day before. She gave me a bunch of reasons why she couldn't come over and just kinda told me to deal with it and I broke up with her.

After that I had gotten on to Facebook feeling not too well. Another girl, who is the daughter of a family friend, messaged me. She had confessed to liking me before and I had done the same. It was quite some time back when we had said we liked one another and before her and I ever had a real relationship me and the girl stated before started dating and I just stopped talking to her.

Well anyways she asked about the break up and we talked a bit. After a while she said that I should come over to her house and hang out. I wasn't sure about this because I had a feeling me and my ex would wind up getting back together again and going to her house would make sure that me and my ex's relationship would definitely be over.

The girl I talked to on Facebook is really quite hot and I wouldn't mind trying someone new. On the other hand though I really love my ex, she says we will be able to hang out more but I'm not sure if we really will. I hate being so lonely all of the time and with the girl on Facebook we would be able to see each other much more often.

What do?
    This is one of those things when you have to get some balls and take action. I'm not telling you what to do but I since it was you who broke up I wouldn't advise involving yourself romantically with this new girl.

However, you should definitely go out with this new girl. It will definitely make your GF interest in you because she'll feel she's losing you to another girl. You can use this to kinda "manipulate" her.

It's an ass move, yeah. Otherwise if you really love your girl and if you're really meant to be with each other, you should definitely go to her with a present and apologize for fighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

22. Post #5142
    Huge Faggot #2
    November 2007
    5,149 Posts
    you're not fucking retarded, dude. we all know how hard it is to actually see straight when you have feelings for someone, or at least think you do. that's why this thread is here! :)

Edited:

@rayboy

Edited:

although reading your post over again that was a really moronic reason to break up with her, it might be better for you both to stay separated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #5143
    August 2011
    427 Posts
    This is one of those things when you have to get some balls and take action. I'm not telling you what to do but I since it was you who broke up I wouldn't advise involving yourself romantically with this new girl.

However, you should definitely go out with this new girl. It will definitely make your GF interest in you because she'll feel she's losing you to another girl. You can use this to kinda "manipulate" her.

It's an ass move, yeah. Otherwise if you really love your girl and if you're really meant to be with each other, you should definitely go to her with a present and apologize for fighting.
    I could try that, though she may just think I hate her and move on. I think I'll go with the second option lol.

you're not fucking retarded, dude. we all know how hard it is to actually see straight when you have feelings for someone, or at least think you do. that's why this thread is here! :)

Edited:

@rayboy

Edited:

although reading your post over again that was a really moronic reason to break up with her, it might be better for you both to stay separated.
    Idk dude I was just really lonely and hurt and my mind was like "whatever man screw her she doesn't care go get some one else" then later my heart was like "fuck dude why in the hell did you do that?? You love her!" And now im just confused as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

24. Post #5144
    March 2007
    1,925 Posts
    You go with whatever suits you best. At this time you just have to kinda "have the balls" to stick to your plan. If you go have something with this other chick without knowing what you're doing, might as well do nothing.

I think if you let things cool off a bit you'll have pretty good chances with yout girlfriend. Otherwise, well you still have the other chick if things go wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #5145
    August 2011
    427 Posts
    You go with whatever suits you best. At this time you just have to kinda "have the balls" to stick to your plan. If you go have something with this other chick without knowing what you're doing, might as well do nothing.

I think if you let things cool off a bit you'll have pretty good chances with yout girlfriend. Otherwise, well you still have the other chick if things go wrong.
    Crap I meant to rate agree, I hate this phone lol, but yes I agree with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

26. Post #5146
    October 2009
    1,721 Posts
    Hello Facepunch and sorry if this post doesn't fit what this thread's about; just a bit of venting out and I hope to get any advice if possible, but do tell me if I'm being stupid or such.

So basically, I'm in a bit of a rut. I've been harboring rather negative thoughts about certain things. Mainly, I've realized that I have virtually no close/good friends, just a bunch of friends for hangout purposes, but no one I can turn to for advice or such, hence why I'm here asking you guys on Facepunch. Even then, I have been thinking that the people I do hangout with, well I really don't think they like me being with them. I get angry, I'm dickish, an ass, etc, and so I don't blame them, but basically I'm really disconnected with them. I'm never the first to get called, the first for this or that, or anything, and usually I'm never invited in general. I don't mind, but correlated with the fact that I have literally no one else, it gets really lonely. That wouldn't be so much of an issue, but whenever I try to make a point in any discussion of any sort, I'm shut down or ignored. I'll try to make an insightful point and literally the fucks given is equal to zero. Again, it gets really lonely when you can't even talk to the people you consider friends, coupled with the fact that you aren't even close friends with any of these people.

Secondly, I've had this realization. I literally have no motivation to work or study, and this isn't some teen angst shit. What I've come to realize is that we work the first quarter of our lives in order to get a job and work for the next two quarters of our lives only to live in relative peace in our last quarter of life. We study, we work, we die, and every day becomes the same circle: Eat, Work, Recreation, Sleep, Rinse and Repeat. I know come to the question, why bother? If the only reward we get is money, then why bother working so hard? People that study harder than others simply get a better pay, but in the end, they still get a job, a family, money, and death. They live mundane lives and I'm getting sick of this forced-filled propaganda of getting a better job for a better life, when really it isn't. Why can't I work for something that gives purpose? Why can't I change the world, have an influence? What I want is to leave my mark here, not to be in some desk job doing the same meaningless task for forty years, then to retire, then to die. That's not what I want.

Thirdly, when I even bring Point 2 up in any debate about what my "friends" want to or do when they're older, I get these odd looks or something. Hell I'm not even sure what, but I do see that they disagree with me there. Again, its my beliefs, but I can't even bring them up.

But lastly, I just feel like no one cares about me, which albeit sounds selfish considering the other injustices of the world and here I am complaining about social issues so on that I'm really sorry. I really just wish that someone would give two fucking shits about my day, but instead I have to initiate the conversation. No one says "How was your day?" No one sends me a steam message asking me about how was my meal or something. Instead, I message them. But does anyone want to send a message on how vizard38 was or how his fucking birthday is? Nope.avi. I really wish someone would care you know? The only people that ever message me are the people I know online...

Well, that's my /rant, and I hope it wasn't stupid or dumb, and I'm really sorry if this is the wrong thread. I hope the rest of you chaps have a wonderful day, and I would love any advice or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

27. Post #5147
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,753 Posts
    So basically, I'm in a bit of a rut. I've been harboring rather negative thoughts about certain things. Mainly, I've realized that I have virtually no close/good friends, just a bunch of friends for hangout purposes, but no one I can turn to for advice or such, hence why I'm here asking you guys on Facepunch. Even then, I have been thinking that the people I do hangout with, well I really don't think they like me being with them. I get angry, I'm dickish, an ass, etc, and so I don't blame them, but basically I'm really disconnected with them. I'm never the first to get called, the first for this or that, or anything, and usually I'm never invited in general. I don't mind, but correlated with the fact that I have literally no one else, it gets really lonely. That wouldn't be so much of an issue, but whenever I try to make a point in any discussion of any sort, I'm shut down or ignored. I'll try to make an insightful point and literally the fucks given is equal to zero. Again, it gets really lonely when you can't even talk to the people you consider friends, coupled with the fact that you aren't even close friends with any of these people.
    So you know you have a problem, tackle it. Find new friends. Find things to talk about.

Secondly, I've had this realization. I literally have no motivation to work or study, and this isn't some teen angst shit.
    You say that it isn't angst, and then you say the following quote. Kind of contradictory

What I've come to realize is that we work the first quarter of our lives in order to get a job and work for the next two quarters of our lives only to live in relative peace in our last quarter of life. We study, we work, we die, and every day becomes the same circle: Eat, Work, Recreation, Sleep, Rinse and Repeat. I know come to the question, why bother?
    Why bother? Because being alive is better than being dead? Why live a boring life if you don't have to?

Thirdly, when I even bring Point 2 up in any debate about what my "friends" want to or do when they're older, I get these odd looks or something. Hell I'm not even sure what, but I do see that they disagree with me there. Again, its my beliefs, but I can't even bring them up.
    Sounds like your first point, you just aren't well adjusted to socializing I guess? How old are you?

But lastly, I just feel like no one cares about me, which albeit sounds selfish considering the other injustices of the world and here I am complaining about social issues so on that I'm really sorry. I really just wish that someone would give two fucking shits about my day, but instead I have to initiate the conversation. No one says "How was your day?" No one sends me a steam message asking me about how was my meal or something. Instead, I message them. But does anyone want to send a message on how vizard38 was or how his fucking birthday is? Nope.avi. I really wish someone would care you know? The only people that ever message me are the people I know online...
    You just need to make more friends. Your current ones are seemingly shitty.

Well, that's my /rant, and I hope it wasn't stupid or dumb, and I'm really sorry if this is the wrong thread. I hope the rest of you chaps have a wonderful day, and I would love any advice or something.
    No rant is dumb :) Even I have to do it now and then.

28. Post #5148
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,706 Posts
    No rant is dumb :) Even I have to do it now and then.
    It's good to vent every now and then. I ended up bottling up my childhood issues and when I hit a low point in my life, I got really fucking depressed and withdrawn for several weeks. My sisters helped me through it and I owe them greatly for it.

Don't bottle up, it bubbles over after a while and then you can't control the anger or whatever and gets pretty serious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

29. Post #5149
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,102 Posts
    kind of off topic, but last night my dad and i were talking about psychology and i told him how i'm dead set on going into cognitive neuroscience, he said it was a great idea. today he came home from work and handed me a college textbook on neuroscience, he stopped at the bookstore to pick it up for me. (:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13Winner Winner x 5 (list)

30. Post #5150
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,089 Posts
    kind of off topic, but last night my dad and i were talking about psychology and i told him how i'm dead set on going into cognitive neuroscience, he said it was a great idea. today he came home from work and handed me a college textbook on neuroscience, he stopped at the bookstore to pick it up for me. (:
    he sounds like a cool dad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

31. Post #5151
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,285 Posts
    The best feeling in the world is when you see someone you know start to change their ways because of you (for the better). I am basically saving this girl that I know from falling into the same steps as the rest of her family and today she finally posted something that is a direct reference to me.

The feeling is amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #5152
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    i wish i had a dad, could i get some advice on how to get one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #5153
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    4,030 Posts
    i wish i had a dad, could i get some advice on how to get one?
    Be conceived
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #5154
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,013 Posts
    which albeit sounds selfish considering the other injustices of the world and here I am complaining about social issues so on that I'm really sorry.
    I have never seen a facepuncher use albeit correctly, ever

It's like a forum-wide DISEASE

(Sorry, that was my vent)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #5155
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,598 Posts
    Maaan you sound a lot like I did during my final years of high-school. It gets better, trust me, and the fact that you're already asking these questions is great; it's an indication that you're willing to confront yourself, your situation and how you feel about it, and willing to put in the effort to find a solution. The truth is, the answers you're looking for won't come straight away, I know I still haven't completely found mine, but life itself is the journey towards those answers, so long as you're willing to embrace it.
    And typing up that 'stupid rant'? That's the first step (:

I get the feeling that you're somewhat young, lonely and ultimately 'lost'; confused as to what your place in the world is and what you can do to contribute to it. You shroud yourself with cynicism but you know inside, you're an idealist that likes to entertain the 'bigger questions' of life, someone who wants to make genuine connections and see real change in the world, but at the same time you feel selfish and even immature to think you have reason to suffer yourself. Firstly, you need to accept that all suffering is relative, and whilst there are undoubtedly many, many people out there who have it far worse off than we do, you still have the right to feel lonely, confused or disillusioned. It's important to understand this because it's easy to begin to lose sight of yourself and your own internal life whilst placing so much of a focus on all of the larger problems of the world. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself but it took me some time to realize that inward and outward growth need to occur hand-in-hand, two interdependent forces which ultimately drive social change; love yourself as much as you love the world and its people, basically.

So, what exactly can you take away from all this seemingly pointless rhetoric? First and foremost, just keep moving forward. You're asking the right questions, don't be afraid to continue doing so, and you'll find yourself forming your own answers as you move through life and its many challenges and opportunities. Your social circle is also very important, and the way it sounds now is that you just have a bunch of friends out of convenience; you said it yourself, people you just hang out with. Now, you shouldn't blame them or hold anything against them for being different to you, or for not holding similar world-views, because you're who you are and they're who you are and that's just life. Whilst not sacrificing yourself or what you believe, you can still definitely make more of an effort to be more sociable with them and to be more fun to be around. I was a massive dick during my earlier years of high-school for similar reasons, and of course, I ended up having very few friends, always just longing for someone to ~see me for who I was~ or whatever other angsty bullshit I used to justify my behaviour. Once I began learning everything I'm trying to communicate to you now, I started making friends with the bigger groups, getting involved with the grade's parties and whatever else, even though I was still the same person with the same opinions. I just allowed people to see more of my humour, kindness, friendliness, and so on, whilst still retaining everything else that made me who I was.

But of course, being friends with the 'cool' kids or going to parties doesn't really mean shit, and in the end you still want people which you can genuinely connect with on a deeper level. I moved through high-school feeling pretty similar, lonely and longing for people that I could actually connect with on the things that meant the most to me. You won't ever be able to force these things out of anyone, trust me, and so instead you should just focus on being the best version of yourself, every single day, and the right people will fall into place. And that means exactly what it sounds like it does. It's so easy to be complacent, or to even feel guilty about how little we can do for the world, but think about every opportunity you have in every single day to give back. Whether you're pushing yourself towards a career in which you can effect real, sustainable social change at an international level, or whether you're sitting on a forum and trying to help some kids move through their lives, there's literally countless opportunities to give back to the world. And if that's what you're passionate about, the right people will notice you, I promise that.

It sounds ridiculous but honestly, since graduating, I've connected with people I never even knew in high-school, just because they've noticed the type of person I am from Facebook statuses, even just shit like that. I've started dating girls I wouldn't have even considered during high-school, and through them I've met new people and formed new connections. Even better, go find clubs, groups or any other local community of like-minded individuals, but if that's not plausible, there's always university/college which is undoubtedly going to have many people who will be able to relate to you and vise versa. You've seen a very small slice of what the world has to offer, don't lose your faith just yet dude.

Ultimately, all of this shit takes time man. On the surface, perhaps you have concerns over your friends or lack thereof, or maybe some days you're feeling lonely and wish you had someone to talk to, or maybe you just wish you could give something back to the world and have a real impact on its people, but realize that all of these things will find their place as long as you're pushing yourself to be the best version of yourself, every single day. I've already written more than I intended to, but I wrote a blog post recently with some thoughts which may resonate with you based on what you've said here. It's here if you're interested (:

Oh and, I want to leave you with this quote as well. It's one of my favourites!

Playboy: If life is so purposeless, do you feel its worth living?

Kubrick: Yes, for those who manage somehow to cope with our mortality. The very meaninglessness of life forces a man to create his own meaning. Children, of course, begin life with an untarnished sense of wonder, a capacity to experience total joy at something as simple as the greenness of a leaf; but as they grow older, the awareness of death and decay begins to impinge on their consciousness and subtly erode their joie de vivre (a keen enjoyment of living), their idealism - and their assumption of immortality.

As a child matures, he sees death and pain everywhere about him, and begins to lose faith in the ultimate goodness of man. But if he’s reasonably strong - and lucky - he can emerge from this twilight of the soul into a rebirth of life’s élan (enthusiastic and assured vigour and liveliness).

Both because of and in spite of his awareness of the meaninglessness of life, he can forge a fresh sense of purpose and affirmation. He may not recapture the same pure sense of wonder he was born with, but he can shape something far more enduring and sustaining.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death - however mutable man may be able to make them - our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfilment.

However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.

— Stanley Kubrick in interview for Playboy, Stanley Kubrick Interviews, University Press of Mississippi, 2001, p.73

Godspeed, nigguh. I don't mind at all if you want to add me on Steam as well, I'm more than happy to listen to any and all of your stupid rants!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #5156
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,569 Posts
    ur posts are long u should be more concise these arent thesis'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #5157
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    207 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

38. Post #5158
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,298 Posts
    ur posts are long u should be more concise these arent thesis'
    Shut the fuck up.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Rusty100))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 24Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #5159
    September 2011
    711 Posts
    My girlfriend is literally obsessing over My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. She talks about it everyday, and how she wants to go to bronycon and cosplay as Rainbow Dash. Any tips on how to tell here to "Shut the fuck up, please." in a nice way? Whenever I say something people always take offense because of my abruptness.

By the way I've never been so abrupt as to actually say "Shut the fuck up".

40. Post #5160
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,569 Posts
    Shut the fuck up.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Rusty100))
    good job
    at least it was concise!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)