1. Post #4001
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,218 Posts
    Anyone know anything about laws?

I was denied entry to a bar because I'm 19. Makes sense so far. But... my father was there too.

So I was restricted entry to a bar even with a parent present.

It was a goodbye party for a coworker too, which blows chunks. Neither my dad or I had any intent of drinking (they have a pretty rad arcade).

The website says 16-20 not allowed for "licensing reasons." But 15 and under with a parent is A-OK. I don't see the logic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4002
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,758 Posts
    its private property so they can deny anyone who they want entrance

and even with your dad, its not like you can just suddenly ignore the drinking age... I know you weren't planning on drinking, but having your dad present makes no difference whatsoever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #4003
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,218 Posts
    I know, but they can't sell me alcohol anyway so they aren't liable for any of that.

4. Post #4004
    July 2009
    741 Posts
    But they can sell it to your dad and he can give it to you. Even if your dad isn't going to buy you drinks they still have to watch out for people who do. They have strict rules for a reason and if the rules are broken the place can be shut down or fined. In high school I used to hear countless stories of girls who would go with their moms to bars and think they were cool because their mom would buy them like one drink or something

5. Post #4005
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,218 Posts
    My parents are thinking of starting a shitstorm (they aren't really bright) and I knew since it's private property it's probably a lost cause, but I just don't understand the logic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #4006
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,758 Posts
    tell them not to start a shitstorm
    its pointless and really immature
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #4007
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,218 Posts
    Welcome to my parents

I could bitch about them all day

8. Post #4008
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,758 Posts
    uh youre the one who thought there was something illegal about not letting you in with your dad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

9. Post #4009
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,024 Posts
    IGNORE HER Luci-fer. If she walks into the room, walk away. If she follows you, go to a bathroom. Remove her number from your phone. I don't really give a fuck about what it takes, but stop talking to her, stop giving her opportunities to talk to you, and don't put up with her. And if you notice you're starting to think about her, immediately go play some video games or something to take your mind off it, something that requires active participation and/or social interaction so you don't drift off into thinking of her. You need to learn self control.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #4010
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,758 Posts
    jesus christ its like a bad sitcom in here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

11. Post #4011
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,218 Posts
    uh youre the one who thought there was something illegal about not letting you in with your dad
    Did I say "this is illegal someone help me justify this?" No, I did not. I wanted a simple bit of clarification, saying I didn't understand their logic.

In other news, in trying to convince them to not give a shit, my mom drew a connection between her partial paralysis and how she was able to walk again... and why we should try to change their policy. I... don't know.

12. Post #4012
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    3,921 Posts
    I took a coop course (ie. unpaid internship for a credit) in high school. There was this kid that was clearly going nowhere in life - he had three different placements, got fired twice for not showing up. He slacked on everything, and I don't think he passed the course. He's a social god though in that he has literally hundreds of friends. This was 3.5 years ago, in grade 11 - we haven't talked since. We took the same bus to get to our placements, so I kind of became an acquaintance with him over the four months.

I just finished my freshman year at uni a month ago and I get a random facebook chat from him today that we should hang out sometime. I told him that I work pretty much all the time, and he tells me that I still have nights and that we'll go to some parties soon. That brightened my week up so much.

I wish I could just conjure up that fuzzy feeling 24/7.

:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #4013
    My town has it's own page for shitty meme's about it.

:I

14. Post #4014
    August 2008
    1,880 Posts
    This thread is tamer than expected. Best of life to you and yours everyone!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

15. Post #4015
    May 2012
    6 Posts

I am terribly sorry.

16. Post #4016
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,024 Posts

don't worry, mine does too. seems like every major university does too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #4017
    Snippits from this atrocity against humanity.

SYRGERY (the people in this are in high school btw, not elem.)

If you do a shitty meme at least do it right.

18. Post #4018
    January 2009
    2,021 Posts
    Snippits from this atrocity against humanity.

SYRGERY (the people in this are in high school btw, not elem.)

If you do a shitty meme at least do it right.
    first is pretty funny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9 (list)

19. Post #4019
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,951 Posts
    Oh Jesus, she's trying to talk to me. I don't know what to do, I need to stay away but I want to talk to her and tell her. But if I do, I might fall for her
    I can tell you from personal experience (I had something very similar happen to me about a year ago) that it's best to stay the fuck away from her for a while. You don't need to tell her that you're not going to talk to her anymore, just stop all contact and she'll eventually get it. There isn't much more school left, and it'll probably be a lot easier to ignore her over summer unless she lives really close to you.

Until then though, just straight-up ignore her - don't acknowledge her existence, avoid being in the same room with her, stop thinking about her. At the very beginning of this school year, after an entire summer of zero-contact, she loudly said "Hi Robert!" as we passed each other in a hallway. I didn't acknowledge her and kept walking. She repeated herself, louder, but I still didn't respond. It might seem like an asshole thing to do, but remember that she was a complete bitch to you and doesn't deserve any response. (to put it very bluntly)

It might seem a bit weird to do, but if you notice your mind trailing off a bit thinking about her, try focusing your thoughts on the negatives. Thinking about the positives will form a romanticized, exaggerated depiction of her in your head, and you want to avoid that.

If you give yourself enough time, you'll lose all your previous feelings for her, there may or may not be a period of time when you're just frustrated/pissed off at her, but that will pass too. Several months later you'll be at the point where you no longer care in the slightest and can have a regular conversation with her. I don't know about you, but in my case we were really good friends before shit happened, so every once in a while during that conversation you could visibly see how much she missed the closeness of that friendship.

Basically, stay away and your feelings will eventually fade away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #4020
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,834 Posts
    If everything goes according to plan I'm going on a date this weekend.

Pretty cool, it's been quite a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4021
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,240 Posts
    At this point it upsets me because all I can tell about myself is that I'm the most generic, average person ever.
    From what I've heard from other people, I gather that physically, my looks are just that of just an average guy. And for personality, I get comments mostly like "lukewarm" or even "emotionless" a couple times.

I really don't know what to do about it because I'm just saying what I just say what I normally would.

22. Post #4022
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    24,239 Posts
    At this point it upsets me because all I can tell about myself is that I'm the most generic, average person ever.
    From what I've heard from other people, I gather that physically, my looks are just that of just an average guy. And for personality, I get comments mostly like "lukewarm" or even "emotionless" a couple times.

I really don't know what to do about it because I'm just saying what I just say what I normally would.
    try to be more positive to situations and try to get excited about things around people. it sounds dumb "trying" to put on an emotion but it really is possible and eventually you'll naturally be more like that (which will help people to warm to you better)

i mean, for example, say you're out with your friends and someone says "hey how bout we see this movie?" and other friends are thinking the idea over, just jump on it and be like "yeh sure why the hell not!" - even if you think the film might be a bit shit or you're not sure you can be bothered to see a film (obviously don't use these words because they sound retarded but you get the idea i'm trying to convey hopefully). the worst that could happen is that the rest of the group decides not to but you won't be judged for that. people love enthusiasm and a care-free spirit in the right degree. it's far better than saying "whatever" or "i've heard that film got some quite mediocre reviews"

don't use this as a blueprint though - people react to different things in different situations. in general, just try to talk more openly and friendly

yeah sure people will say you're pretending to be something your not blah blah... but if you're not happy with how things are then you should make an effort to change it right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #4023
    April 2009
    1,078 Posts
    Anybody have any good advice on how to get rid of crazy women?

My friend has a stalker who in the last two days has sent him 183 call me's and while i was typing this 6 more have arrived.

He deleted his facebook account and blocked her number but she got a new one and has used it JUST to text him!

At this point its really creepy and he has no idea what else he can do.

Also 10 more just arrived... Great.

Edit:

Oh did i mention she is going out with his best friend?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #4024
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,269 Posts
    Found a bag of hersheys kisses and a bar of chocolate in my glovebox. I honestly don't remember them being there, so I asked everybody who's been in my car since the last time I checked my glovebox (dont use it very often) and they all said that they didn't know anything about it. The kicker? The name of the bar of chocolate is Sweet Obsession
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #4025
    September 2010
    1,453 Posts
    Found a bag of hersheys kisses and a bar of chocolate in my glovebox. I honestly don't remember them being there, so I asked everybody who's been in my car since the last time I checked my glovebox (dont use it very often) and they all said that they didn't know anything about it. The kicker? The name of the bar of chocolate is Sweet Obsession
    Sounds like a good ol' fashioned practical joke to me, that or the girl who fancies you is a bit of a weird one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #4026
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    11,205 Posts
    Look at that, Im going on a date in the summer vacation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #4027
    I act like a douche bag to people and I really do not mean to, I got really cynical over middle school cause basically everyone ragged on me and anything out of my mouth during school was an attempted comeback. Any advice? I try to stop but it may sound cliche, but I do not really know how to be nice.

28. Post #4028
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,480 Posts
    Me and my friend talked things out, turns out he wasn't mad at all, just annoyed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #4029
    January 2009
    2,021 Posts
    Me and my friend talked things out, turns out he wasn't mad at all, just annoyed.
    well duh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #4030
    January 2012
    715 Posts
    Oh dear. My friend seems to be trying to make me have a go at her. I am apparently too 'goddamn passive' and she wants it to be me who does something wrong for a change. I am not respoding to her because I don't want to be a jerk.

It was via text if you were wondering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #4031
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,024 Posts
    Oh dear. My friend seems to be trying to make me have a go at her. I am apparently too 'goddamn passive' and she wants it to be me who does something wrong for a change. I am not respoding to her because I don't want to be a jerk.
    you don't like her, don't deal with her. just tell her you don't have feelings. if she's a real friend she won't push you into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

32. Post #4032
    January 2012
    715 Posts
    you don't like her, don't deal with her. just tell her you don't have feelings. if she's a real friend she won't push you into it.
    This is social rather than romantic.

33. Post #4033
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,024 Posts
    This is social rather than romantic.
    "She wants it to be me who does something wrong for a change": Care to clarify this then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

34. Post #4034
    January 2012
    715 Posts
    "She wants it to be me who does something wrong for a change": Care to clarify this then?
    I am just generaly nice to her and dont insult her, while she does insult me. I'm fine with that, but sometimes she crosses the line and i pull her up on it, and then that was the end of an argument that stemmed from me pulling her up on something. In hindsight it was a little trivial. I told her I wasnt going to argue with her because if i got properly annoyed i would say something incredibly offensive.

Edited:

Sorry about any poor grammar or spelling, I am on my phone.

35. Post #4035
    October 2007
    1,425 Posts
    Fuck, girl asked me if I want to go into her place and the first thing I thought was sex and I pussied out... fuck i fell like a douche now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #4036
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,195 Posts
    It's in the past, there's nothing you can about it anymore. Learn from your mistakes and move on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

37. Post #4037
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,758 Posts
    exactly
    no male high school senior is going to get to the point where they are really upset with you and need to spend some time apart right before graduation
    they just get pissed for a bit and avoid you for a little while until you can be bros again

38. Post #4038
    I act like a douche bag to people and I really do not mean to, I got really cynical over middle school cause basically everyone ragged on me and anything out of my mouth during school was an attempted comeback. Any advice? I try to stop but it may sound cliche, but I do not really know how to be nice.
    Anyone?

39. Post #4039
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    stop being a dick? i don't think there's much advice to give you other than to be more self aware and stop being a dick to everyone. there's no magical "meditate 3 hours a day" solution that will help you if you don't have the self restraint to have some sense of control over your personality or at the very least your actions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #4040
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    3,921 Posts
    Take deep breaths and fake it till you make it - everyone isn't out to get you anymore. Double check what comes out of your mouth when you think it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events