1. Post #481
    Trying to avoid something so much, is counterproductive. It fogs the mind, and you stop acting you like you normally would.

You seem to be analyzing too much. Fuck what your friend told you. If she didn't want to have a relationship, you guys would not be texting right now.

Go for it. Be assertive, be sure about your decision. Trust me, it can make a difference between a friendzone situation and going out to a date. The longer you wait, the more the chances of being friendzoned goes up.
    also friends are dicks sometimes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events

2. Post #482
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    maybe it's just me but february seems like a really crappy month for relationships
    probably the weather
    I go with a hard hat flashlight on me at all times during those tough times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

3. Post #483
    January 2010
    232 Posts
    Trying to avoid something so much, is counterproductive. It fogs the mind, and you stop acting you like you normally would.

You seem to be analyzing too much. Fuck what your friend told you. If she didn't want to have a relationship, you guys would not be texting right now.

Go for it. Be assertive, be sure about your decision. Trust me, it can make the difference between a friendzone situation and going on a date. The longer you wait, the more the chances of being friendzoned go up.
    You're right. I just talked to her and I now have a date (at least I think that's what it is, I'll explain more tomorrow) on Tuesday!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #484
    March 2007
    1,933 Posts
    Relevant to this topic:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #485
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,329 Posts
    Every single time, no girl I'm interested in is ever available. In the middle of a conversation she'll say something about "my boyfriend did so-and-so yesterday, blah blah" and I'm just like "...ah shit".

You guys complain about having the balls to ask a girl out. Well I can't even get to that step.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #486
    June 2010
    3,622 Posts
    Been rejected 3 times so far. Twice by one girl. Now I sorta ran out of people I'm interested in so this is quite the predicament. but I still have feelings for the one I got rejected by twice. aaaah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,400 Posts
    Been rejected 3 times so far. Twice by one girl. Now I sorta ran out of people I'm interested in so this is quite the predicament. but I still have feelings for the one I got rejected by twice. aaaah
    stop being picky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #488
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,775 Posts
    That date was odd

I've had 5 girlfriends but I have never just been on a date with someone I barely know, so I did today and it was odd. Hardly any flirting happened, we just talked and got to know each other and stuff but it was just friendly really. She talked more than me which is great as I feel that any silence might have been awkward

I got her number and have the opportunity to see her again, but I don't know how well today went. I hope she had fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

9. Post #489
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,899 Posts

Go meet new people and/or stop trying so hard. You make it sound like there's something wrong because you're not in a relationship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #490
    I got her number and have the opportunity to see her again, but I don't know how well today went. I hope she had fun
    No, man, to me that sounds like an utter fail.

11. Post #491
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,811 Posts

Above is non-annoying girl gamer that I talk to a bit and I seem to be hitting off REALLY well with her.

Please tell me this picture is real and she exists, because this is the girl I've wanted for like ever.

Edited:

I mean seriously.

Valve fan.

Played Half Life.

holy shit
    So uh basically this quote. She's never kissed a guy before or anything, and knowing you guys are total bros, I'd like to see what you lot think.

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    1, Why did you ask the same girl twice?
    2. You asked out 2 girls, not the entire school. I'm sure you're interested in someone else.
    3. There is no predicament, stop forcing the issue of dating one particular girl if she continually rejects you.
    4. You don't need to be in a relationship.

Edited:

So uh basically this quote. She's never kissed a guy before or anything, and knowing you guys are total bros, I'd like to see what you lot think.
    Where'd you meet her? This is what really is going to influence my decision.

13. Post #493
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,775 Posts
    No, man, to me that sounds like an utter fail.
    we didn't flirt at all is my main gripe, just talked lots
    Kinda used to things being very flirty so I'm a bit put out by this, but it may be a good thing, we did talk about like everything under the sun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

14. Post #494
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    How do you find out the relationship status of someone in the most non-awkward way possible?

15. Post #495
    Huge Faggot #2
    November 2007
    5,149 Posts
    Ask her out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,811 Posts
    2. You asked out 2 girls, not the entire school. I'm sure you're interested in someone else.
    3. There is no predicament, stop forcing the issue of dating one particular girl if she continually rejects you.

Edited:

Where'd you meet her? This is what really is going to influence my decision.

At school. I sit in one one of her classes because I have Study Hall.

17. Post #497
    June 2010
    2,153 Posts
    At school. I sit in one one of her classes because I have Study Hall.
    Go for it. Seriously.

If you already talk to her in class, ramp it up keep talking to her (Not just about games, though common interest in that area is good)

Get full friendly then just ask her out somewhere, doesn't have to sound like a date just a cafe or maybe a film.

Just don't let it slip away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,811 Posts
    I wasn't intending on letting this one slip. She's like exactly what I've wanted ever in a girl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

19. Post #499
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,899 Posts
    If she's at school and she's inexperienced in dating, then it would be best to get to know her before dating because school aged people tend to have less of an inclination towards the world of dating before relationships.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #500
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    Go for it. Seriously.

If you already talk to her in class, ramp it up keep talking to her (Not just about games, though common interest in that area is good)
    this is important
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

21. Post #501
    we didn't flirt at all is my main gripe, just talked lots
    Kinda used to things being very flirty so I'm a bit put out by this, but it may be a good thing, we did talk about like everything under the sun
    But you got to know her.
    You didn't know her before, but you know her now, you have her number and she is willing to get together again. I am pretty sure that is success, at least in a minor extent. More success than fail.
    Give it another go. See how it goes. If it does it does, if not, more fishing to do.

22. Post #502
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,811 Posts
    So I asked about going out sometime soon, and she said definitely, just that tomorrow morning we'll talk about a date and shit.

woo!

BAD MISTAKE AHEAD

sometimes I make excited faces when good things happen.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 3 (list)

23. Post #503
    June 2010
    3,622 Posts
    1. First time it was more of an inderect sorta thing. So I thought I'd try again one day. (encouraged by my friend..)

2. I probably will be later on, you're right

3. Yeah I dunno why I said that I need to watch my wording.

4. So very very very true. I tell myself that all the time although that doesn't change the fact that I want to be in one.

All valid points, will take note.

24. Post #504
    March 2010
    793 Posts
    does anyone think that a cigarette shared can be more then a friendly gesture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #505
    August 2009
    855 Posts
    Yes. Obviously someone is trying to kill you slowly with lung cancer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #506
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,439 Posts
    Guys what do I do. I've been talking to this girl for the past few days and everything has been going well and she knows I have the intentions of being with her as her friend who I'm friends with introduced me to her. Aaaaaaand Valentines Day is right around the corner so I'm guessing getting her a cute little card and maybe an other little gift will be good. Ya know, nothing too big, nothing too small, and it sorta fits how things are going right now.

27. Post #507
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,809 Posts
    Ok so I'm watching this thing go down on Facebook.

Person A is leading on person B and person B seems to be completely into person From what I know person A has no interest in person B at all. Thing is, person A doesn't even seem to realize they're leading on person B. I am really fighting the urge to tell person A about what they're doing to person B, but last time something like this happened I got kind of yelled at, guess I ruined her plans of using person B to get whatever it is they want. So I guess I'll just sit back and watch this thing go on for who knows how long, it's been going on for nearly three months now already.

Edited:

Two similar situations are going on at other places I frequently visit but oh well, doesn't seem like I can do anything even though it bugs me with what there people are doing. Guess I'll sit here and watch the fireworks as I eat a "share size" Skittles bag.

28. Post #508
    Huge Faggot #2
    November 2007
    5,149 Posts
    Ok so I'm watching this thing go down on Facebook.

Person A is leading on person B and person B seems to be completely into person From what I know person A has no interest in person B at all. Thing is, person A doesn't even seem to realize they're leading on person B. I am really fighting the urge to tell person A about what they're doing to person B, but last time something like this happened I got kind of yelled at, guess I ruined her plans of using person B to get whatever it is they want. So I guess I'll just sit back and watch this thing go on for who knows how long, it's been going on for nearly three months now already.

Edited:

Two similar situations are going on at other places I frequently visit but oh well, doesn't seem like I can do anything even though it bugs me with what there people are doing. Guess I'll sit here and watch the fireworks as I eat a "share size" Skittles bag.
    Be the rainbow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

29. Post #509
    February 2010
    1,508 Posts
    I always wondered why people winked at me when I bummed cigarettes off of them.

30. Post #510
    March 2011
    1,858 Posts
    I hope not because once when I was working I gave a 60+ year old dude a cigarette and didn't even accept the dollar he tried giving me for it.

31. Post #511
    Not actually a glitch
    May 2005
    4,270 Posts
    Well, I'm in a weird situation.

My girlfriend of 4 months just doesn't "like" me.

Shes always been weird around me, she doesn't say anything nice to me at all, and shes never really flirted with me. Yesterday I asked her why I feel like she doesn't like me. She pretty much texted me a million things that she dislikes about me, followed with that she just really doesn't like me in general. However, she doesn't want to break up. I'm also pretty sure she is talking to other guys, in a flirtatious way. I would expect the normal thing to do is to break up with her, but I really do like her a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,439 Posts
    Well, I'm in a weird situation.

My girlfriend of 4 months just doesn't "like" me.

Shes always been weird around me, she doesn't say anything nice to me at all, and shes never really flirted with me. Yesterday I asked her why I feel like she doesn't like me. She pretty much texted me a million things that she dislikes about me, followed with that she just really doesn't like me in general. However, she doesn't want to break up. I'm also pretty sure she is talking to other guys, in a flirtatious way. I would expect the normal thing to do is to break up with her, but I really do like her a lot.
    Dump that ungrateful wench
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #513
    Dump it like it's hot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

34. Post #514
    December 2009
    5,002 Posts
    I guess i will try to ask a girl out once more. Been rejected so many times, so I wouldnt even care if i get rejected anotjer time. After this one, i'll just spend the weekends in a bar and see if i gind someone from there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #515
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    Why stop trying if you no longer care? If anything, that sounds like incentive to just ask girls out willy nilly. Learning how to stop caring gives you a huge advantage as long as you don't approach girls with an obviously miserable tone. Who cares if she says no? Who cares if she says yes? Just go with it and whatever happens, happens.

If you can get that mindset going, you'll find success. Keep in mind that there's a difference between not caring and expecting failure, the latter turns girls off instantly.

Also, guys get turned down all the time. You aren't the only chap to be rejected a lot. Before I found my current girlfriend, I got turned down all the time. However, each rejection is an isolated incident, they don't impact each other. As in, a girl turning you down doesn't increase/decrease your odds of being turned down the next time. It's like flipping a coin, just because it lands on heads 99 times in a row doesn't (for the sake of the analogy, it's a fair coin) change the odds of the 100th flip. It'll still be a 50/50 chance.

So being rejected, no matter how many times it happens, is no excuse to stop flipping the coin. The odds are the same each time, don't let insecurity convince you otherwise. Very few men go through their lives without meeting rejection multiple times. It makes you stronger.

36. Post #516
    December 2009
    5,002 Posts
    Why stop trying if you no longer care? If anything, that sounds like incentive to just ask girls out willy nilly. Learning how to stop caring gives you a huge advantage as long as you don't approach girls with an obviously miserable tone. Who cares if she says no? Who cares if she says yes? Just go with it and whatever happens, happens.

If you can get that mindset going, you'll find success. Keep in mind that there's a difference between not caring and expecting failure, the latter turns girls off instantly.

Also, guys get turned down all the time. You aren't the only chap to be rejected a lot. Before I found my current girlfriend, I got turned down all the time. However, each rejection is an isolated incident, they don't impact each other. As in, a girl turning you down doesn't increase/decrease your odds of being turned down the next time. It's like flipping a coin, just because it lands on heads 99 times in a row doesn't (for the sake of the analogy, it's a fair coin) change the odds of the 100th flip. It'll still be a 50/50 chance.

So being rejected, no matter how many times it happens, is no excuse to stop flipping the coin. The odds are the same each time, don't let insecurity convince you otherwise. Very few men go through their lives without meeting rejection multiple times. It makes you stronger.
    Im gonna stop trying because i already tried everyone vv

Now i'll just stop trying and go with the flow, see if i can find someone without trying to find that someone. But yeah, i have stopped caring lately anyway, and i have been going with that mindset.

Around here the girls only go on a date if they have a crush on the guy asking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

37. Post #517
    June 2011
    565 Posts
    Okay quick question, Should I give this friend that has Best-Friend-Zoned me a valentine card?

And this is the girl who once said: I didn't kiss you because it could ruin our friendship.

Yes - No?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

38. Post #518
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,447 Posts
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

39. Post #519
    January 2010
    232 Posts
    I'm going out with a girl on Wednesday and we've been texting flirtatiously since Saturday. Should I be saying something about valentine's day?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #520
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    I'm going out with a girl on Wednesday and we've been texting flirtatiously since Saturday. Should I be saying something about valentine's day?
    Are you asking to be romantic without even having at least one date?

Go out with her, and see if it still fits your pattern of thought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events