1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,048 Posts
    My senior prom is in a few months and I know that it's not all it's cracked up to be, but I'm still getting a bit nervous. Everyone's talking about it and such and to be honest this and the months leading up to my junior prom last year were the only stressful times in my entire high school career. Last year I asked a great girl to go with me and we both had a great time. But she's got a boyfriend this year (I wasn't interested her romantically, so don't pin it on that) so I can't ask her. I just really want to ask a girl I'd have a good time with because that's really all I care about from now until college, making the most of my senior year. I'm nervous that if I ask someone and she turns out to be boring or something I'll be locked into going with her, but at the same time of I wait to long they're all going to be taken.

This is the most stress I've ever felt in high school, not even Advanced Placement exams could phase me, and I'm getting all hung up over this.
    Just have fun. This is coming from a guy who is in the position of the possibly boring girl you ask to go with you. Deep down, everyone wants to have fun, but they just don't know how to. It's taken me years of friends teaching me how to have fun for me to learn how to do it myself.

So, what I would recommend is always ask her to join you to dance, and if she says no, playfully enforce that she does, because chances are if she went to the prom WITH YOU she wants to dance WITH YOU. If she says she can't dance, quickly teach her.

You'll also find that the biggest reasons for her being boring is that she's shy or nervous. Break the ice, have a friendly competition, not a race or anything, but do something that suits her personality. You'll soon notice that even if you're not interested in a relationship with her, you will actually become friends if you try to make sure that she's involved in everything you do and basically just makes sure that she has fun.

The secret to you having a fun night, is to make sure that she has a fun night. Because then that will be her mission too. Good luck and remember to just have fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #42
    March 2008
    319 Posts
    I have had strong feelings, I even cried. Still, I don't call it being in love just being infatuated. Love to me, has a different definition.
    Seith you don't have to act so elusive all the time, I'm assuming you're not like this is real life and you just talk normally. What is your definition of love then? Is it different to everybody elses? I don't like the idea that people get to decide their own definitions for things for the sake of looking all mysterious and deep. That's not the way it works, if someone asked you for a banana you wouldn't say "Oh, that? You might call that a banana. But a banana to me, has a different definition."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Seith you don't have to ask so elusive all the time, I'm assuming you're not like this is real life and you just talk normally. What is your definition of love then? Is it different to everybody elses? I don't like the idea that people get to decide their own definitions for things for the sake of looking all mysterious and deep. That's not the way it works, if someone asked you for a banana you wouldn't say "Oh, that? You might call that a banana. But a banana to me, has a different definition."
    Love is an abstract, so the example given is quite absurd.

Love is a definition; it can be purely sexual or it can be purely emotions with no relevance to sex what so ever. Love could be simply the idea of companionship, love could also be used to describe purely passion towards a certain activity. It's so powerful, it can be in context with almost every object in the world, so yes, love is a point of view, a definition, which is to me different than most.

If people would like me to elaborate on my views of MY definition, sure. I am being "mysterious", because it's pointless explaining myself on Facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    March 2008
    319 Posts
    Love is an abstract, so the example given is quite absurd.

Love is a definition; it can be purely sexual or it can be purely emotions with no relevance to sex what so ever. Love could be simply the idea of companionship, love could also be used to describe purely passion towards a certain activity. It's so powerful, it can be in context with almost every object in the world, so yes, love is a point of view, a definition, which is to me different than most.

If people would like me to elaborate on my views of MY definition, sure. I am being "mysterious", because it's pointless explaining myself on Facepunch.
    That's what I'm saying, you can't have a different definition. That's the point of defining something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    That's what I'm saying, you can't have a different definition. That's the point of defining something.
    I have just shown 3-4 different definitions of the word "love". I will define it for you with a PM if you wish, no point discussing it here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    March 2008
    319 Posts
    I have just shown 3-4 different definitions of the word "love". I will define it for you with a PM if you wish, no point discussing it here.
    Ah fair enough, let's just agree to differ. Different strokes and all that.

Content: I feel like I need to get out more lately. I'm in a bit of a rut. I've got too comfortable with just going home and hanging out with my housemates. But my housemates smoke a lot of weed and now they have no more money so they just sit and home eating value pasta and playing peggle. This is a problem because normally I'd say to them hey let's all go down the pub and have a few drinks, and we'd normally meet some people there, but now they can't go anywhere and I don't really wanna go on my own and look weird. That means my only alternative is to meet some other mates of mine at the pub, but that's usually one on one. What I want is to go down the pub with a group of mates for a good few hours just bantering but my uni friends are so fragmented (as in, there in different sorts of groups, my comp sci friends couldn't tag along with my other mates etc) that that just doesn't happen. So either I end up staying in, or meeting a mate for a couple 'to catch up', and it's getting a bit tiresome. Bleurggh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Ah fair enough, let's just agree to differ. Different strokes and all that.

Content: I feel like I need to get out more lately. I'm in a bit of a rut. I've got too comfortable with just going home and hanging out with my housemates. But my housemates smoke a lot of weed and now they have no more money so they just sit and home eating value pasta and playing peggle. This is a problem because normally I'd say to them hey let's all go down the pub and have a few drinks, and we'd normally meet some people there, but now they can't go anywhere and I don't really wanna go on my own and look weird. That means my only alternative is to meet some other mates of mine at the pub, but that's usually one on one. What I want is to go down the pub with a group of mates for a good few hours just bantering but my uni friends are so fragmented (as in, there in different sorts of groups, my comp sci friends couldn't tag along with my other mates etc) that that just doesn't happen. So either I end up staying in, or meeting a mate for a couple 'to catch up', and it's getting a bit tiresome. Bleurggh.
    Take a vacation, hop over, we'll have the best time of our lives;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #48
    March 2008
    319 Posts
    "Hey guys. Brb, just popping over to Israel. No, no it's fine. Yeah, I did just decide today, why? ...I think impulsive is a pejorative term, actually."

Well it's a very nice invitation, but I'm going to have to decline what with real life getting in the way. Things like bank balance and commitments. It's not a bad idea though, taking a vacation. I mean I can't afford that but I think I might go back home (as in, family home) this weekend to catch up with people and get a bit of a change of scenery. And hopefully my mum will cook for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Mum cooking for ya was the main argument for catching up with home, wasn't it? You weasel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    October 2009
    1,738 Posts
    The confliction (is that even a word?) you get when your friend gets the girl before you do despite knowing her longer is one helluva experience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    The confliction (is that even a word?) you get when your friend gets the girl before you do despite knowing her longer is one helluva experience.
    Knowing her longer has nothing to do with it. You didn't take the opportunity to get with her or she wasn't interested in you so there should be no hard feelings.

Unless of course you told your friend that you wanted to date her, then he is an ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

12. Post #52
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,460 Posts
    lets take this thread back from drbreen
    drbreen, you have hereby been abrogated from ur own thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #53
    March 2008
    319 Posts
    I don't really know what you're getting at, so I'll tell you how I would feel it this was me, and then you can decide if you're feeling something something similar and if it's relevant to you, if not I'm sure someone else might find it useful!

I suppose if this was me I'd be feeling low because you'd get the sense despite you having more time to work on it, so to speak, your friend's able to jump in and get it immediatly, whilst you've been there trying your hardest for ages. And then it would make me think that they're 60x better than me.

Well I tell a lie, that's what I'd be feeling if I was like 16. The reality is that's not how it is, if someone goes for your friend and not you, all it means is that particular person wanted your friend and not you, that's reasonable enough isn't it? Otherwise you'd have to assume everyone ever wants you and that must be wrong. So don't worry about it, because some other people will definitely want you over your friend without even a second glance. Different people want different things man, that's all there is to it.

you have hereby been abrogated from ur own thread
    I've never seen this word before, it's ace. I'm gonna start using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    January 2010
    232 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 32Winner Winner x 11 (list)

15. Post #55
    I'M A MASSIVE FAGGOT AND LOVE COCKS
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    Would you guys say that having a lot in common is better for a relationship?

because i feel that there's people that want a copy of their ego with boobs and people that want the exact opposite of themselves, and hundred other combinations

i feel that having a lot in common doesn't really matter

At least for people over 20
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,533 Posts

because i feel that there's people that want a copy of their ego with boobs and people that want the exact opposite of themselves, and hundred other combinations

hint

it doesn't matter or care, dating someone with exact similarities and differences has benefits and negatives and it really depends on YOUR own personality and not your partners

my girlfriend is a lot like me in ways that I don't actually like, (stubbornness etc) but she can put up with my eccentric ways
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #57
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,872 Posts
    Dude, what the fuck. Either she tells you the fuck's wrong, or tell her to piss off. This childish behavior will lead to no where but constant arguments and a broken relationship.
    i asked her to go out this sunday and told her its because we need to talk. she said "oh fuck okay", but hey
    i really dont see this kind of stuff as healthy for a relationship
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #58
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    hint

it doesn't matter or care, dating someone with exact similarities and differences has benefits and negatives and it really depends on YOUR own personality and not your partners

my girlfriend is a lot like me in ways that I don't actually like, (stubbornness etc) but she can put up with my eccentric ways
    i know, but "having stuff in common" is something that a lot of people hold in high regard these days

19. Post #59
    Imma ask this girl out tomorrow I can't wait.

Edited:

I'm excited and feel like I'm gonna hurl at the same time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,048 Posts

I prefer a girl to be able to take me out of my comfort zone and to do things with me that I would never have done before, and I want to be able to do the same for a girl.

But on the other hand, having the same passions can be great, as long and they really are passions and not just minor interests.

Edited:

Edited:

I'm hoping to do the same on Tuesday. (I've been saying that on this forum since early December, but I'm really going to do it this time.)

May the force be with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    I'm hoping to do the same on Tuesday. (I've been saying that on this forum since early December, but I'm really going to do it this time.)

May the force be with you.
    The force will be with you. Always.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

22. Post #62

Edited:

Just don't get excited and start twitching, then hurl on her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

23. Post #63
    Just don't get excited and start twitching, then hurl on her.
    I'll do my hurling beforehand.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

24. Post #64
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Gosh, today is one of those days where I feel this tremendous pain inside of me because of my ex-girlfriend. It has been 6 months since we broke up, but at times this whole thing that we had to together flashes back.

Feels bad man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    I'll do my hurling beforehand.

Edited:

lol spoons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,666 Posts
    Need some quick advice, just said to a girl we should go see __ sometime, and she said "Who else is going?"

Now should I say I was just thinking we could

or say Do you know anyone that would wanna come?

Since I don't wanna fuck shit up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    January 2010
    232 Posts
    I'd say something like "Well I was thinking just the two of us could go" or some shit like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    I'd say something like "Well I was thinking just the two of us could go" or some shit like that
    No.

Edited:

Need some quick advice, just said to a girl we should go see __ sometime, and she said "Who else is going?"

Now should I say I was just thinking we could

or say Do you know anyone that would wanna come?

Since I don't wanna fuck shit up.
    How did you guys meet? How long have you know each other? Is this your first time trying to initiate that sort of move?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,666 Posts
    How did you guys meet? How long have you know each other? Is this your first time trying to initiate that sort of move?
    Two years, but i've only just started speaking to her in the past 2 - 3 weeks, having proper conversation etc... and she doesn't speak to me in person, or she doesn't initiate anything since I think she's shy.

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Two years, but i've only just started speaking to her in the past 2 - 3 weeks, having proper conversation etc... and she doesn't speak to me in person, or she doesn't initiate anything since I think she's shy.
    Do you usually do all the talking in person? Do you guys speak eveyday, did she ever send you messages?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,666 Posts
    Do you usually do all the talking in person? Do you guys speak eveyday, did she ever send you messages?
    I'm the one who usually starts speaking, but even then it's quick stuff. I see her monday and Thursday in College on the break and she hasn't started any messages since I did, but she's been replying and stopped replying for whatever reason last week, but then replied a couple of days ago.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,169 Posts

my friend once casually referred to my girlfriend as "the other one"

I asked him who he meant (though I had a feeling I knew), and he said "you know, the one that's like... you, but a girl"

I guess that makes both of us huge narcissists? lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,666 Posts
    Hah, doesn't matter anyway, got friendzoned~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    I stopped commenting because I knew that would happen. Now, after you've gotten to where you are right now this is what you need to do:

don't contact her for at least a month. then you can reset, and learn from your previous mistakes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Informative Informative x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,691 Posts
    Well, my ex-gf snapped at me and everyone was like "back the fuck up you hurt him already"

Today was good day. I feel free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

36. Post #76
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    i'm going to a date in about 70 minutes, wish me luck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,875 Posts
    why did you hijack this fucking thread
    At least he's not hijacking your planet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts
    From you guy's perspective is kissing on a first date such a bad thing?

39. Post #79
    Depends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    From you guy's perspective is kissing on a first date such a bad thing?
    No. If you and the other person are okay with it, what's wrong with it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)