1. Post #1961
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,607 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #1962

October 2011
    25 Posts
    Argh, I do not know how to use Photoshop. So far what I make looks poor to me.

I really think I messed up somewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1963
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    6,110 Posts
    Photoshop not needed. Your survivors/scavengers/urban warriors look pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1964
    January 2012
    246 Posts
    Reminds me of Fallen Earth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1965
    January 2012
    118 Posts
    Hey guys Iím new to this so any tips are welcomed. So to start, a Volus crackdown.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #1966

October 2011
    25 Posts
    Photoshop not needed. Your survivors/scavengers/urban warriors look pretty cool.
    Oh. Thanks. I guess I'll just use Photoshop to clean up the pics a little, because the raw screenshot looks very bland.

Reminds me of Fallen Earth.
    That's what I was aiming for, a desolate, apocalyptic feel. I still don't think I did a very good job at it, but I tried anyway. Spent a good hour trying to work out the makeshift sword on the first picture. Next step: Making an armory.

Am I rambling?

7. Post #1967
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,538 Posts
    Oh when I said 8-20 hours I mean about 1-4 to pose depending on complexity (some times I spend an hour just farting around looking for locations) a half hour to an hour to take the screenshots if I have to do any fancy lighting or effects in-game, an then 1-15+ hours for editing. Sometimes my screenshots take two hours or less, but all of the ones I'm really proud of are the ones where I spend hours on end for two days straight editing and tweaking them. A lot of it's painting and compositing different effects, but I can spend 4 or 5 hours just playing around with something and scrapping it because I don't like it or it won't work. If I redid them and knew what I was doing it'd be more like 5 or 6 max but I love experimenting. I probably sound a few degrees of insane now that I think about it haha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #1968
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    Argh, I do not know how to use Photoshop. So far what I make looks poor to me.
    you've got the right idea with posing (or at least it's functional at this point), but your camera angles are wasting a lot of space. try to zoom in on the model so that it takes up a certain amount of the screen, like so:

once you learn to use the right amount of zoom you can move onto lighting, and only at that point should you be worrying about editing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #1969
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,892 Posts

This isn't really much a great picture more than it was just testing Nayr's Obi-Wan model, granted I was experimenting with Super DoF.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #1970
    April 2008
    888 Posts
    Use super dof when there's something other than darkness in the background.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #1971
    April 2011
    1,019 Posts
    I'm a sucky poser :P
    Metro's last stand:

Story:
    The humans had been wiped out. Now the largest horde had descended onto
    the metrocop. He had his trusty handgun and his friend, who died taking photos
    of his last stand. Now all he had was his gun and his fists to fight the dead....

Hope yer like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #1972
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    I'm a sucky poser :P
    don't use NPCs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #1973
    January 2010
    3,067 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Winner Winner x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #1974
    July 2011
    1,508 Posts
    Her face made me laugh. Also whatthefuck is that thing in the background?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1975
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,538 Posts
    Well since Sebi mentioned it, when faceposing make sure you study facial anatomy for a few minutes to ensure you're getting a realistic face pose, just google facial expressions or something to that effect. For example, her eyebrows don't seem to have changed from the idle pose, and don't match her mouth, thus she looks like a curious gopher. Posing is nice and composition is okay though, it's not bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #1976
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,076 Posts

More updates! I think I'm done for now, actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #1977
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,993 Posts
    Looking forward to release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

18. Post #1978
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,076 Posts
    There wont be one, on further advice by Bloocobalt. It will be kept between trusted people and within the Total War forum game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #1979
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    There wont be one, on further advice by Bloocobalt. It will be kept between trusted people and within the Total War forum game.
    well that's annoying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #1980
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,076 Posts
    So is getting asked if they can use the models as bases for their own models/reskins, over and over again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1981
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,993 Posts
    If they're going to be private, don't post pics, it's like saying "Oh look at my Toys, but oh, you can't have them!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #1982
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,607 Posts
    Viper he just wanted to post a pose with some models that he worked on that he doesent want to release, it's up to him if he wants to release them or not because he made the skins. When you post a picture with private models it's best just to not reply to comments like "Can you please give me those models or Where did you find those models".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1983
    Instead what you do is ass-kiss.

Fussy, may I pretty please you are a beautiful man please have those models?

I don't actually want them though.
    That was an example.
    You are still beautiful, Fussy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1984
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,076 Posts
    If they're going to be private, don't post pics, it's like saying "Oh look at my Toys, but oh, you can't have them!"
    I post the pictures in case I can get some actual comments on how I could improve them or maybe up my motivation for continuing.

If you don't like it, be quiet about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #1985
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,538 Posts
    Well here's some critique. The brick texture is fugly, once you see it you can't unsee it. So try to look for a higher resolution backdrop if the characters are going to be that close. As well, I'm not a fan of the lighting. It's probably more realistic but the left character's face is rather dark, which is generally not something you'd shoot for. The posing is excellent, except I can't tell why the left guys right hand is up in the air with him resting his arm on his leg, unless there's something he has his hand on that I can't see I would keep his hand down or limp. The right character is good as well, but it looks like he's floating off the couch a bit, especially since I assume they're valve skeleton, they should be the same height. I also am having difficulty seeing what he's toying around with, a bit of fill light would be a nice addition to the shot as a whole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #1986
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,076 Posts
    I was asking for critique on the textures themselves, on the models, not the posing or gm_constructs brick wall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #1987
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,538 Posts
    I was asking for critique on the textures themselves, on the models, not the posing or gm_constructs brick wall.
    You don't post fucking models for feedback in the screenshot thread. You post screenshots. And your textures? What did you even do, add some stripes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #1988
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,076 Posts
    No need to get hostile, man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #1989
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,538 Posts
    No need to get hostile, man.
    I just wrote you an entire paragraph to get the thread back on topic and you're going to be a smart-ass about "gm_constructs brick wall" because I didn't compliment your stripes?

EDIT:

But I digress, I don't even know you, I shouldn't have a beef. Let's carry on shall we?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1990
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,076 Posts
    Go right ahead.

31. Post #1991
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,607 Posts
    Chill out guys.. no need to make this a hostile environment over a picture.. jeez.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1992
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,538 Posts
    I'm cool I'm cool boss! Promise!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #1993
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,607 Posts
    I'm cool I'm cool boss! Promise!
    No, I think I might have to put you in the freezer for a few minutes c:, then you can be as cool as a pickle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

34. Post #1994
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,376 Posts
    So why didn't you post it in here instead?
    http://facepunch.com/threads/1160592
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #1995
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    9,076 Posts
    It was not my first thought, which I appologise for.

36. Post #1996
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    3,495 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #1997
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    wow this thread got hostile fast

they're just models geeze, they're cool and I'd like to see them released some day but getting grumpy isn't going to make that day come any quicker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1998
    October 2011
    90 Posts

Meh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

39. Post #1999
    January 2012
    69 Posts

C&C please.

I have no idea where is the source of shadow on the wall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

40. Post #2000
    I don't even think you can comprehend how not ass damaged i am.
    August 2009
    4,213 Posts
    where did you get that helmet model?