1. Post #3161
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,023 Posts
    Been testing some new methods for dynamically lit viewmodels. Normally shadows can be cast on viewmodels, but they can't self-shadow. I've found a handy way around this... How's it look?

Ignore the fairly bland shot, again this was sort of a test. I'd like to hear any critique you guys have on it so I can improve it for later, far more interesting images.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #3162
    No one likes you, get banned.
    December 2009
    6,159 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3163
    September 2011
    408 Posts
    Been testing some new methods for dynamically lit viewmodels. Normally shadows can be cast on viewmodels, but they can't self-shadow. I've found a handy way around this... How's it look?

Ignore the fairly bland shot, again this was sort of a test. I'd like to hear any critique you guys have on it so I can improve it for later, far more interesting images.
    That looks amazing for the source engine!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #3164
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,186 Posts

It was originally going to be a set of screenshots but since I thought this was the best ill throw this in instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #3165
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,165 Posts

It was originally going to be a set of screenshots but since I thought this was the best ill throw this in instead.
    the camera angle is horrible and the bloom really kills it, but the posing on the running guys isn't too bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #3166
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,843 Posts

The guy on the right is about to fall over and why are WWII russian soldiers using modern weapons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

7. Post #3167
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,165 Posts
    so I'm going to make a comic at some point in the near future, I need to know if this is readable, if the font's a good size, etc.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

8. Post #3168
    thread killa
    May 2010
    966 Posts
    I don't know the right words for all of this, but by and large, you fit the text to the bubble as tightly as you can, within reason. Avoid having large blank sections, particularly between lines, but don't have text and border touch. A solid colour would work better than the white dot strip pattern on red, as well. It doesn't make the text easy to read and it's bleeding over a bit over said text.

With all that said, I like what you did with the last bubble. Just needs to lose the empty space to the right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #3169
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,165 Posts
    I don't know the right words for all of this, but by and large, you fit the text to the bubble as tightly as you can, within reason. Avoid having large blank sections, particularly between lines, but don't have text and border touch. A solid colour would work better than the white dot strip pattern on red, as well. It doesn't make the text easy to read and it's bleeding over a bit over said text.

With all that said, I like what you did with the last bubble. Just needs to lose the empty space to the right.
    I was trying to make the dot pattern look similar to those old pulp comics from the 50's, and how they were usually printed on crappy paper. but I guess trying to make it look shitty on purpose isn't a very good idea in the first place anyways.

thanks for the crits

10. Post #3170
    September 2009
    1,665 Posts

Been a while since I posed anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #3171
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,627 Posts

testing a hack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 16 (list)

12. Post #3172
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    966 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

13. Post #3173
    February 2012
    1,137 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #3174
    January 2012
    69 Posts
    Too much bloom ! But posing itself is good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

15. Post #3175
    I LOVE MY CHINESE COMPUTER PARTS
    Dennab
    December 2010
    1,816 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

16. Post #3176
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    6,110 Posts
    I think in combat, tank riders would do more than sit on the tank waiting to be dropped off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #3177
    February 2012
    1,137 Posts
    I think in combat, tank riders would do more than sit on the tank waiting to be dropped off.
    They are not fighting, they are retreating.

Edited:

I didn't find any better models than these ones. If you know better WW1 models, PM me.
    Also, is editing needed ?

Last question, can I give Enhanced Citizens physics to those models ?

Edited :

Rain effect added.
    No I'm not using Photoshop but the shitty Photofiltre.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #3178
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,165 Posts
    They are not fighting, they are retreating.

Edited:

I didn't find any better models than these ones. If you know better WW1 models, PM me.
    Also, is editing needed ?

I don't think editing is going to make that picture much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #3179
    February 2010
    132 Posts
    Here a fast one.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

20. Post #3180
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    6,110 Posts

Russian Spetsnaz operators take down a suspected Chechen terrorist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #3181
    February 2012
    1,137 Posts
    Recently, I saw the film "Passchendaele" (it was a shit) and a scene made me wanting to do that :

My models :

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #3182
    March 2010
    79 Posts
    Hey guys, i posted this picture a couple of days ago as a thread. I now have some more experience with photoshop and i obviously didn't want to make a new thread. So i decided to try and edit it a bit more in depth. I am posting this so you guys can tell me if you think it makes the picture better and if i am on the right track with editing.

Comparison to the original edit http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/135694
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

23. Post #3183
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    385 Posts
    Just make another pose man, don't keep showing around the same one. The muzzle flash still isn't good either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #3184
    March 2010
    79 Posts
    Just make another pose man, don't keep showing around the same one. The muzzle flash still isn't good either.
    I have made like 3 new poses and posted them, i simply posted this one because i wanted to try and improve my editing skills on it and know if it improved it, i know i didn't change the muzzle flash. I have posted it 3 times, once in the have your picture edited thread, once in it's own thread and here so that i could get feedback on the editing not the picture in a sense. I can't really say that is showing around the same one, but that is just me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #3185
    February 2012
    1,137 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #3186
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,025 Posts
    I love how you mispelt Hauptmann.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #3187
    February 2012
    1,137 Posts
    I love how you misspelled Hauptmann.

The second "n" is behind the SS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #3188
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,165 Posts
    that's better, but there isn't anything happening in front of the camera and the posing on the dead/dying guys is horrible. also, as Araknid already pointed out, you mispelt "Hauptmann".

Edited:

The second "n" is behind the SS
    your name is spelt "Hauptmann", you spelt it in the picture as "Hautpmann".

29. Post #3189
    February 2012
    1,137 Posts
    Ah shit, I believe that he didn't saw the second "n"

Hautpmann -_-'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events

30. Post #3190
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,165 Posts
    also Happy Wheels

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #3191
    I LOVE MY CHINESE COMPUTER PARTS
    Dennab
    December 2010
    1,816 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

32. Post #3192
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    915 Posts
    ''Duke Nukem: my vacation sucks''
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #3193

July 2011
    17 Posts

CC guys

Someone plz tell me. Which point I have to Improve ?

Thanks...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

34. Post #3194
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    May 2010
    8,015 Posts
    Someone plz tell me. Which point I have to Improve ?

Thanks...

The fella on the far right's leg seems awkward.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #3195
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,182 Posts
    Just some model tests

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

36. Post #3196
    February 2010
    282 Posts
    these all look so awesome :3
    I'll be definitely checking back in this thread, and it's motivated me to try to work on something more constructive in GMOD. (I typically just get SWEPS and NPCs and just fight things)
    I'll work on some stuff and post soon (not sure what to make though)

cheers

*vanish*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #3197
    #420 PRAISE IT
    May 2010
    6,607 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

38. Post #3198
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    Why do blacklight guns go so perfectly with odsts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #3199
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    3,494 Posts
    Why do blacklight guns go so perfectly with odsts?
    ...Those aren't blacklight guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3200
    January 2012
    1,581 Posts
    ...Those aren't blacklight guns.
    They arent?What are they then?Either way they look great with the odsts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events