1. Post #4041
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    751 Posts
    You've neglected the very top left hand corner of the planet which kind of breaks the form for me. But i'm just being picky :p Also i'm not sure if I like the soft edge on the planet looks correct or not. Perhaps still soft but not that much.

edit pageking content:

Armor design I made. The figure/face doesn't do it any favours though :/ was going for a moon theme, thought the moon-like hooks being used to hold straps would be cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #4042
    November 2010
    680 Posts
    I'll be honest, I had to compare the two pictures to find out what changed.

@outlawed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #4043
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,118 Posts

quick study
    sexual.

Edited:

Planet seems far too visible to me, given the fact that if light was hitting it at such a front-on angle, it would be daytime in the image, thus the sky would be blue, the atmosphere alive and anything as distant as a planet would look more like our moon (or the Death Star in the shots from the Endor planet surface).

Basically I think you need to fade dat ho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4044
    February 2010
    1,185 Posts
    Basically I think you need to fade dat ho
    Yeah, maybe if you just give it a blue tinge.

I think it would also be better if you gave it a harder edge, or if the side that we're seeing is where the light is falling off, we should see it going in a curved direction such as this:

Here's some other examples:

As you can see they have much harder edges, but still slightly soft. They also have those highlights around the edge where the sunlight's hitting it, and maybe a little glow of atmosphere would make it look even better.

Keep up the good work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #4045
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,460 Posts
    Decided to make myself a basic wallpaper while practicing Inkscape.
    Made from scratch (Vector).

Tempted to do a full body iron man and get it printed lifesize just cause it would look awesome.
    lose the lines
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #4046
    February 2010
    1,185 Posts

I'm calling this done, thanks heaps to everyone for your feedback.
    Now to start on the booklet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #4047
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,153 Posts

The flame texture inside the shapes just looks so... cheap. Same with the waterdrops, I'd keep them at least consistently the same way up and not other tails pointing up and other down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #4048
    February 2010
    1,185 Posts
    The flame texture inside the shapes just looks so... cheap. Same with the waterdrops, I'd keep them at least consistently the same way up and not other tails pointing up and other down.
    The flame texture is actually just the sunset with a bit of colour balance, or do you mean the solid colour of the flame swirls?
    If the latter, I wanted to do solid colours over a photograph because of the Here Comes the Indian Cover. That's where that inspiration came from. Although yeah, it is quite different being that it's been traced over, and compositionally hasn't really changed, but I still thought it looked cool.

Yeah I know it's a more hand-drawn approach rather than my more graphical one, but I wanted to try something different. I'm happy with it.

Also, I flattened the back cover to copy it onto the template file, and I accidentally closed the file. So it's flattened and I can't change anything on it. So I can't change the raindrop orientation without completely redoing it. I'm not too fussed though, I'm happy with how it turned out.

9. Post #4049
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,118 Posts
    I think the varied waterdrop tail direction looks good - gives it a slight chaotic motion and feels more like rain. If they were all pointing upwards they'd feel like they were 'swooping' in like birds or planes

Edited:

Also title text too close to top border, uncomfortable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #4050
    February 2010
    1,185 Posts
    I think the varied waterdrop tail direction looks good - gives it a slight chaotic motion and feels more like rain. If they were all pointing upwards they'd feel like they were 'swooping' in like birds or planes
    Yeah that's true. Rain doesn't necessarily fall at the same angle:

It zig-zags and overlaps, that's what I was trying to show by having the rain drops at different angles / flipped.

Also title text too close to top border, uncomfortable
    Ah awesome thanks. I didn't notice that.

11. Post #4051
    August 2009
    950 Posts

Good album. The picture of the tree on the right looks perfectly consuming.

Edited:

The writing is perfect.

Stupid non-animal collective listening non-psychedelic taking disagree-ers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #4052
    I like to get my fingers wet!
    September 2007
    823 Posts
    lose the lines
    This better?

Edit: Reuploaded and fixed some bits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

13. Post #4053
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,899 Posts
    Made a video

http://madeinbrunel.com/2012/05/jour...eas-the-video/

7D handheld, almost entirely stabilised

2 Compositing shots

Some motion graphics

Composed the music track

Quite enjoyable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #4054
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,272 Posts

oh shit you better run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

15. Post #4055
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,828 Posts
    Wanted to paint:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

16. Post #4056
    June 2010
    372 Posts

I sculpted a whale!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 23Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #4057
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,210 Posts
    awww :)

I finished that self-portrait

and here's some recent sketchbook pages. They're mainly filled with messy and stupid things beh. Got to shape up.
    Also, got me a 0.3 drawing pen and a marker- they are super-fun to draw with!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 16 (list)

18. Post #4058
    June 2010
    3,465 Posts
    Love it! The eyes are so expressive

19. Post #4059
    September 2011
    5,337 Posts
    Wish I could paint. The best I can get out is this weird stuff. Speaking of the devil, what is this thing?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

20. Post #4060
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    Hey guys, I know this is a place to post your works, but do you mind if I ask a few general animation questions?

21. Post #4061
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,460 Posts
    This better?

Edit: Reuploaded and fixed some bits.
    only a million times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

22. Post #4062
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,210 Posts
    Hey guys, I know this is a place to post your works, but do you mind if I ask a few general animation questions?
    This is a place for questions and help too man, fire away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

23. Post #4063
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,199 Posts
    Well, honestly, I want to get into animation but I haven't a bloody clue as to where I should start, including what software I should use (or whether I should software at all), and just all of the general basic stuff.

Do you guys have any good starting guides or anything? I'm groping in the dark here.

24. Post #4064
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,210 Posts
    I'm not an animator or anything but Flash is probably your best gateway option
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #4065
    ADT
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,545 Posts
    TVPaint seems to be a good alternative (though I never heard of it before), and the results can be amazing on this too.

There are some informations and tips about the software itself and the process on this blog (which was also made by the artist from the video above).

Otherwise, like said above, Adobe Flash is the average solution for animations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #4066
    May 2005
    98 Posts
    If you want to get into animation, the Animator's Survival Kit is the most recommended book I've seen. It goes over the foundations of animation and all that jazz, and is a great book to reference.

As for programs, yeah, you can use whatever gives you the functionality to animate. Adobe Flash is common (I wrestle with this dreadful program more often than not) and TVPaint looks cool but I've never tried it (it's onion skin function is way more useful than flash's, and it breaks away from That Flash Vector Look) but honestly they're just means to an end.

There's Pencil, which is free, but I have no idea how that program works. The MSPaint of the animation world is Easytoon (also free), which lets you create monochromatic animations but lacks the bells and whistles of the other programs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #4067
    December 2008
    1,072 Posts
    Whats that? A Generic Typography poster? Oh boy!

Comments are welcome. Also, should I take away the liquid splatters?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Tanzania, United Republic of Show Events

28. Post #4068
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,396 Posts
    i get the purpose of the lips as a visual message but the splatter lacks meaning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #4069
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,461 Posts
    i'd also recommend bringing down all of the copy in size a little bit

'pleasure' is too close to the border right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4070
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,734 Posts
    i get the purpose of the lips as a visual message but the splatter lacks meaning
    oh i think you know what it means
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #4071
    March 2010
    1,129 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

32. Post #4072
    December 2008
    1,072 Posts
    Would you replace it with something else, or...?

Edited:

oh i think you know what it means
    Exactly :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Tanzania, United Republic of Show Events

33. Post #4073
    August 2009
    950 Posts
    TVPaint seems to be a good alternative (though I never heard of it before), and the results can be amazing on this too.

There are some informations and tips about the software itself and the process on this blog (which was also made by the artist from the video above).

Otherwise, like said above, Adobe Flash is the average solution for animations.
    Thank you so much you are my hero.

I'm so sick of anime pro

Edited:

Just hung this up. A local shop said that I should fill one store with my art instead of dispersing them around for commission, so I went to my trustworthy local head-shop where I hung everything else.

It's called Lucid Jungle.
    Graphite on fine textured paper
    9 1/2" x 7 1/2" framed in a green/turquoise wood frame.

$40

(So hard not to smudge, took way too long)

It's a new style inspired by a few rather "intense" psychedelic encounters with a certain schedule I
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #4074
    If this a joke, not funny. If it's not a joke, Gmod is ruined. It was fun because it was free, I will never pay $10 for a sandbox game. No matter what new stuff you put in there.
    January 2005
    25,945 Posts

I sculpted a whale!
    that face, i'm melting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #4075
    January 2011
    7,210 Posts
    Thank you so much you are my hero.

I'm so sick of anime pro

Edited:

Just hung this up. A local shop said that I should fill one store with my art instead of dispersing them around for commission, so I went to my trustworthy local head-shop where I hung everything else.

It's called Lucid Jungle.
    Graphite on fine textured paper
    9 1/2" x 7 1/2" framed in a green/turquoise wood frame.

$40

(So hard not to smudge, took way too long)

It's a new style inspired by a few rather "intense" psychedelic encounters with a certain schedule I
    Looks like you drew it on a paper towel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

36. Post #4076
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    751 Posts

This is my first attempt at making a movie poster ever (grunge bandwagon). I had an assignment to do one for class which I thought would be fun but I couldn't think of many clever designs. Anyway we only have 3 days to do it and it's not really my field so crits are very welcome (and needed!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #4077
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,375 Posts

and here's some recent sketchbook pages. They're mainly filled with messy and stupid things beh. Got to shape up.
    Also, got me a 0.3 drawing pen and a marker- they are super-fun to draw with!

images
    Hey, stocking.
    The art style GAINAX use for PSG will always be amazing to me, but it's really hard to replicate :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #4078
    October 2011
    2,338 Posts
    what is happening oh god
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #4079
    January 2010
    4,252 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

40. Post #4080
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    918 Posts
    I love drawing with pens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)