thank you sir for noticing that, was worried if anyone didnt see that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

2. Post #4562
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,345 Posts
    doodled a pony o no

That moment when you realize it's a mask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #4563
    July 2009
    4,172 Posts

I did a "Quentin Blakesque" portrait of a friend. How is it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

4. Post #4564
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,256 Posts
    That moment when you realize it's a mask.
    did it take that long? I know it's dark but I'm wondering if my monitor's brightness is too high and it's causing me to detail stuff out at a really low point. Looking at it on my side monitor (which is wonky in the first place) makes it so dark you can't see where the mask ends and the skin around the eye begins, which makes me a little worried about the comparative brightness of my main.

I need to calibrate the monitors or find proper driver profiles or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4565
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,345 Posts
    did it take that long? I know it's dark but I'm wondering if my monitor's brightness is too high and it's causing me to detail stuff out at a really low point. Looking at it on my side monitor (which is wonky in the first place) makes it so dark you can't see where the mask ends and the skin around the eye begins

Took me a second watch and 5-10 seconds to figure out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #4566
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,456 Posts

that woodcut print thingy i made from a bedside unit i found
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4567
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #4568
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,263 Posts
    dont say black and white or color u racist, hes an african american
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

9. Post #4569
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,256 Posts
    at the moment I'd take the b/w, the color seems oddly vivid and flattened at the moment. Keep working in color for now and decide later, I say. Right now your priority should probably be that shoulder, it seems very angular and thin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #4570
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,263 Posts
    seriously though the lighting on the shirt is very flat. most of your image is just a lot of brush strokes with very little value change.

11. Post #4571
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,345 Posts
    Colour but with the values of B&W intact.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

12. Post #4572
    July 2011
    57 Posts
    [QUOTE=T_T crai2fun fact: the yellow tinge isn't piss it's rum hehe rumstain hehe[/QUOTE]

I BET ITS CUM

oh snap i fucked up the quote thing

im to lazy to fix it
    so deal with it

Edited:

Edited:

nigga cant draw

Edited:

this is me, guess who i am

(User was banned for this post ("Stop" - daijitsu))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #4573
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    Cool guy made a logo for me:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #4574
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,349 Posts

that woodcut print thingy i made from a bedside unit i found
    Maybe it's just me but I read "Trash" before I read "Man's"

Edited:

Cool guy made a logo for me:

That was cool to watch I guess but in terms of speed, that was a very inefficient process. A lot of those steps could have been skipped totally or done faster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #4575
    May 2009
    1,781 Posts
    did it take that long? I know it's dark but I'm wondering if my monitor's brightness is too high and it's causing me to detail stuff out at a really low point. Looking at it on my side monitor (which is wonky in the first place) makes it so dark you can't see where the mask ends and the skin around the eye begins

This is one of my biggest problems too. It often happens that I drag the photosop window to the second monitor and then.."oh no that looks wierd as hell". So I'm usually trying to find some middle point between "it looks ok on the main monitor" and "it looks ok on the side monitor". Yeah, I know i'm stupid.

Also, some new drawings I did.

And some quick scientist girl.

I still really suck at faces :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 26Winner Winner x 3 (list)

16. Post #4576
    You're goddamn good at depth and materials.

Edited:

Give me the power to not make things look flat please.

Edited:

Also your attention to detail on the futuristic cuirassier is tremendous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #4577
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,092 Posts
    Jesus that's amazing, though the sun looks out of place and there's a weird copy paste feel in the lower right corner of the city. Do more stuff like this please. I don't know why you make most of your other stuff look muddy
    Because I'm still figuring out colours haha

and blurry most of the time.
    Because I like loose paintings, like these ones by Mhugo:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

18. Post #4578
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,377 Posts
    well they're still a lot more defined than yours.

Edited:

the first one doesn't seem blurry at all.

Edited:

there's a huge difference between blurry and loose actually. he knows exactly what to define on the first one. i don't like the second one very much. i think the city looks bad and a lot of the focus goes into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #4579
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,256 Posts
    I think that despite the paintings being loose, the natural texture of the paint gives it a feeling of being more refined. Maybe finding a way to texturize a bit (without just slapping a paper/grunge overlay on top) would be beneficial.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #4580
    March 2011
    3,547 Posts

I drew this instead of studying for exams.
    How can I better use my scanner?
    That's huge sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9 (list)

21. Post #4581
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,732 Posts
    can you explain me how exactly did you do that perspective?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #4582
    March 2011
    3,547 Posts
    If you forgo planning entirely and draw the top buildings first the rest flows very intuitively.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

23. Post #4583
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,827 Posts

Tiny update. I'm so slow with my drawings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #4584
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,092 Posts
    Never done it myself, but I would have put a vanishing point in the center of the top border, another one about center bottom, drawn perspective lines towards the center of the page and then curved the lines together, extrapolating the curves in the same way you might extrapolate the curve of a perspective cylinder-cap or wheel

Edited:

well they're still a lot more defined than yours.

Edited:

the first one doesn't seem blurry at all.

Edited:

there's a huge difference between blurry and loose actually. he knows exactly what to define on the first one. i don't like the second one very much. i think the city looks bad and a lot of the focus goes into it.
    I don't get which of my paintings you're referring to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

25. Post #4585
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,183 Posts
    Can someone post that anatomy study website where you can put in gender, nudity/clothed, and how long, etc etc?

I have a friend that wants to improve her anatomy and needs a good website. I thought I had it in my favorites but it's not there!

26. Post #4586
    September 2011
    302 Posts
    This is probably not it but could be useful unless you find the right one.

http://www.zygotebody.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Zing Zing x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #4587
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,183 Posts
    I'm kind of pissed that I lost the site, it's an EXCELLENT quick study website. It procedurally generates studies for you based on the amount of time you want to spend on each study and how long you want to do studies in general.

28. Post #4588
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,176 Posts
    http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php

www.lovecastle.org/draw/

Edited:

This is probably not it but could be useful unless you find the right one.

http://www.zygotebody.com/
    As a rule of thumb it's not a great idea to do studies from 3D models. They can't approximate a real body very well at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4589
    September 2011
    302 Posts
    Well this is a similar site I have bookmarked. Probably not this one either though. :D

http://www.posemaniacs.com/thirtysecond

@Mako Well you're entitled to your opinion but I think it's great for looking at how the muscles flow and all that. To understand anatomy, not just look at the shell. I bet you've looked at anatomy drawings for reference at some point. They're a lot worse than 3d representations imo. But yeah for studies of the human exterior form there's nothing better than the real thing ofcourse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #4590
    JDB
    July 2007
    2,851 Posts
    Is metal-art usually posted in here?

31. Post #4591
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,338 Posts
    well it's creative and it's not poetry, so yeah sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #4592
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,092 Posts
    Rusty the conqueror
    sits on his throne
    a heart without rhyme;
    is he always alone?

Edited:

=[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

33. Post #4593
    JDB
    July 2007
    2,851 Posts
    Decided to fix someones CNC plasma cam and cut out a couple sheets of stuff then i went and cut out this
    it got this far before the machine broke

rest had to be cut out by hand with a hand-held plasma cutter

still have yet to grind it down to remove the heat discoloration and then paint it.

maybe i will post the other metal stuffs i make
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #4594
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,151 Posts
    The lower part of the guy is fine, but the face is too messy and unfinished. The head with the helmet is a selling point in the drawing, it needs to be better finished. Now the top and bottom halves look like they're from different images.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #4595
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,486 Posts
    Man, drawing without referentials sure is hard :I

Edited:

Just something quick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

36. Post #4596
    May 2009
    1,781 Posts
    The lower part of the guy is fine, but the face is too messy and unfinished. The head with the helmet is a selling point in the drawing, it needs to be better finished. Now the top and bottom halves look like they're from different images.
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully I'll find some time to fix it, cause now I'm really fucked up with the university :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

37. Post #4597
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,176 Posts
    Well this is a similar site I have bookmarked. Probably not this one either though. :D

http://www.posemaniacs.com/thirtysecond

@Mako Well you're entitled to your opinion but I think it's great for looking at how the muscles flow and all that. To understand anatomy, not just look at the shell. I bet you've looked at anatomy drawings for reference at some point. They're a lot worse than 3d representations imo. But yeah for studies of the human exterior form there's nothing better than the real thing ofcourse.
    Firstly posemanics use especially inadequate models, we stopped recommending the site like three threads ago.

Secondly looking at the "shell" is exactly what you get with a 3d model. The modeler sure as fuck didn't model each muscle and layer, just the shapes with a texture around them. They're guaranteed not to be perfectly accurate, and for the most part they're only vaguely alright (See: the two sites you posted)

I wouldn't call it an opinion even, it's just how it goes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

38. Post #4598
    Emz
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,318 Posts
    http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php

www.lovecastle.org/draw/

Edited:

As a rule of thumb it's not a great idea to do studies from 3D models. They can't approximate a real body very well at all.
    Thanks for those links. I tried posemaniacs once and I struggled to gain anything from it but I like the look of pixelovely and may get a new blank pad today and try and get back into drawing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #4599
    September 2011
    302 Posts
    Firstly posemanics use especially inadequate models, we stopped recommending the site like three threads ago.

Secondly looking at the "shell" is exactly what you get with a 3d model. The modeler sure as fuck didn't model each muscle and layer, just the shapes with a texture around them. They're guaranteed not to be perfectly accurate, and for the most part they're only vaguely alright (See: the two sites you posted)

I wouldn't call it an opinion even, it's just how it goes

Well posemaniacs pretty much has the shell with painted muscles on top and wasn't a good example for my point about 3D muscles but there sure are 3D models with all or most of the muscles modelled. I think zygotebody gives a lot better impression of how the bigger muscles flow than drawings do because you can rotate around the thing. If not better at least it adds to the understanding in my opinion. This one should be detailed enough if zygotebody doesn't satisfy. Check the video in the 7th post.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...-free-download
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

40. Post #4600
    Yanukovich Style
    Dennab
    January 2008
    2,888 Posts
    My first stencils I made, gonna print these out, cut out black parts and spray somewhere, but first will add some scenario to scene, I didn't use the typical: Paste into photoshop, change levels and done. I took original images, and by looking at them for few mins, broke them up into few parts and redrawn using basic shapes in photoshop, so really made from scratch.
    Inspired by Gasmask Goliath and police in Ireland.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events