1. Post #4081
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    That is truly amazing. Medals for you.

Here's the cropped and resized image of my "Intended-to-use-as-an-avatar"...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

2. Post #4082
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,070 Posts
    Well, honestly, I want to get into animation but I haven't a bloody clue as to where I should start, including what software I should use (or whether I should software at all), and just all of the general basic stuff.

Do you guys have any good starting guides or anything? I'm groping in the dark here.
    If you're going to get flash you should invest in a tablet or learn how to use the curves tool. Drawing in flash is an irritating mess without one, since it smoothes out the lines for you, which may give you good or bad results.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #4083
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    6,988 Posts
    The antialiasing makes it less messy if anything

I love drawing with pens.
    Mm scribbly goodness

I love the aspect of the demon girl

And everything about her actually, she's wicked

Edited:

The big guy looks a bit too red indian
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4084
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,540 Posts
    what is happening oh god
    freaky fred??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #4085
    Lots Of Speculation For Everyone
    April 2008
    1,832 Posts
    Well, honestly, I want to get into animation but I haven't a bloody clue as to where I should start, including what software I should use (or whether I should software at all), and just all of the general basic stuff.

Do you guys have any good starting guides or anything? I'm groping in the dark here.
    If you want to get into animation properly, skip flash and go for toonboom or as mentioned TVpaint. Flash is very pricey and only really pays off if your willing to get into the coding actionscript side or website integration. Tutorial books are the best start.

If you can't afford an animation program, A good thing to do is open up your favorite drawing program and start practicing animation frame by frame. You can check your final animation by just looking at one picture/frame after the other in windows picture viewer or find a program that converts the separate images into .gif or movie file.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #4086
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts

Too generic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #4087
    I like to get my fingers wet!
    September 2007
    810 Posts
    Are there any good open source or free drawing programs I can use with my Intuos 4?

8. Post #4088
    October 2011
    2,291 Posts
    I heard Corel is pretty good. It should have come with the Intuos 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #4089
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,009 Posts
    Nebulas

And this one is crappier

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #4090
    February 2010
    1,185 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

11. Post #4091
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,247 Posts
    Nebulas

And this one is crappier

oh thank GOD you thumbed them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

12. Post #4092
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    6,988 Posts
    They aren't THAT big

I perceive a slight influence
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

13. Post #4093
    February 2010
    1,185 Posts
    They aren't THAT big

I perceive a slight influence
    Alex Grey? I didn't say Alex Grey. Who said Alex Grey?
    Part of the assignment is to show clear influence of another artist's styles, so that's probably why there's such a strong connection.

14. Post #4094
    November 2010
    680 Posts
    I really like the pillow and blanket.
    Also, it took me a while to see that the guy on top had more than just three fingers on his left hand.

15. Post #4095
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    749 Posts
    the whole of the bed part is amazing.. not sure if i'm a massive fan of the white lightning though, seems cheaper than the rest of the rendering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #4096
    January 2012
    1,474 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #4097
    January 2011
    6,988 Posts
    Did you enlarge like a 100x100 thumbnail and then put that ship on it?

Alex Grey? I didn't say Alex Grey. Who said Alex Grey?
    Part of the assignment is to show clear influence of another artist's styles, so that's probably why there's such a strong connection.
    Aha

Style and imagery aren't really the same thing but alright
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4098
    January 2012
    1,474 Posts
    Did you enlarge like a 100x100 thumbnail and then put that ship on it?

Aha

Style and imagery aren't really the same thing but alright
    I added the ship and the title and put the picture through a couple filters to try and give it better resoulution and enhance it.

19. Post #4099
    October 2011
    2,291 Posts
    Why not use a higher quality picture instead?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #4100
    January 2012
    1,474 Posts
    Why not use a higher quality picture instead?
    I couldnt really find a better picture that fit the scene well, I apoligize for the bad quality.

21. Post #4101
    February 2010
    1,185 Posts
    the whole of the bed part is amazing.. not sure if i'm a massive fan of the white lightning though, seems cheaper than the rest of the rendering
    Is this better?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #4102
    December 2009
    5,965 Posts
    Nebulas

And this one is crappier

thanks for the new wallpapers, this will go great with my deep space collection
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

23. Post #4103
    January 2011
    6,988 Posts
    I couldnt really find a better picture that fit the scene well, I apoligize for the bad quality.
    Could have improvised, I dunno if that earth-like planet is canon or whatever but the one in the background could easily be substituted with a tweaked Jupiter, if you got a decent resolution pic of the first one it would be a ten-minute job

The ship's quality is rubbish as well, I'm sure you could dig up better

Filtering google image results to show large pictures only is your friend
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

24. Post #4104
    January 2012
    1,474 Posts
    Could have improvised, I dunno if that earth-like planet is canon or whatever but the one in the background could easily be substituted with a tweaked Jupiter, if you got a decent resolution pic of the first one it would be a ten-minute job

The ship's quality is rubbish as well, I'm sure you could dig up better

Filtering google image results to show large pictures only is your friend
    Ok Ill see if I can get better pictures next time still new to using photoshop though so Im still learning all the intrestig tools.

25. Post #4105
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,009 Posts
    Those nebulas where actually really fun to make

Bigger resolution then what I normally do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #4106
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts
    markers and gestures and other fun thing (click to enlarge)

and some early progress on a 80s painting I'm doing. I might have bit off more than I can chew by going with a pose like that combined with slight bird's eye perspective but oh well we'll see how it ends up.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10 (list)

27. Post #4107
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,909 Posts
    Just spent all weekend making a movie as part of the V 48 Hour Film competition in New Zealand.

Production stills, behind the scenes videos (etc) when we can get them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

28. Post #4108
    January 2010
    4,215 Posts
    work in progress
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

29. Post #4109

April 2012
    87 Posts
    practising geometric logotype design
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #4110
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    Thumb it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

31. Post #4111
    June 2010
    3,507 Posts
    I'm assuming that isn't the final text?

It says boner party, right?   

32. Post #4112
    retarded faggot
    January 2008
    1,408 Posts

I need to make a nice looking vintage postcard for a friend, so I did this as a test.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 6 (list)

33. Post #4113
    Dennab
    July 2009
    2,787 Posts

So much gaye
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #4114
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,957 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

35. Post #4115
    August 2008
    1,143 Posts
    you should make the a in party more obvious, i thought it read as bonerporty until i looked at it a couple times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

36. Post #4116
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,540 Posts

I need to make a nice looking vintage postcard for a friend, so I did this as a test.
    why is this the test
    it should be the final postcard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #4117
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,909 Posts

Text doesn't contrast enough with the background and/or is too busy to be readable. Try making it a different colour and if it's still difficult try changing the saturation of the images inside the text. Maybe try colourising them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

38. Post #4118
    June 2010
    1,468 Posts
    doe's anyone have a good exercise for practising symmetry, at the moment im just doing anatomy but i find it difficult sometimes to mirror eyes and detailed features.

39. Post #4119
    retarded faggot
    January 2008
    1,408 Posts
    Text doesn't contrast enough with the background and/or is too busy to be readable. Try making it a different colour and if it's still difficult try changing the saturation of the images inside the text. Maybe try colourising them
    Yeah, hoping the person requesting it will provide good images. I just searched "beautiful landscape" and these were two of the first results. Will be doing much more work on the final image, so thanks for the input.

40. Post #4120
    [b][highlight][size=+10]STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T[/size][/highlight][/b]
    January 2009
    2,013 Posts
    stuff

more stuff

fdshgh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)