560 Posts
    ive never seen a man in toms do they look the same as the normal ones
    yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #402
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    You look incredibly sad, smile more and lift your chin up.

Also get rid of that graphic tee.

okay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    bieber hair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #404
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

5. Post #405
    you can label a girl's shoe as a guy's shoe and it will still be a girl's shoe
    Dude, it comes down to opinion. To be honest they are unisex and I see plenty of straight guys wear them and get nice girls. Just because they do not fit your style does not mean they are "gay" and even then youre making it sound like being gay is bad. I tend to see gay men dress and groom themselves better than most straight dudes anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #406
    Dennab
    June 2011
    560 Posts
    Dude, it comes down to opinion. To be honest they are unisex and I see plenty of straight guys wear them and get nice girls. Just because they do not fit your style does not mean they are "gay" and even then youre making it sound like being gay is bad. I tend to see gay men dress and groom themselves better than most straight dudes anyways.
    dressing "gay" as a straight male is bad

7. Post #407
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    I seriously don't see anything wrong with them.

They're a good casual shoe. They're not made to be MANLY. They're made to be simple and comfortable. Obviously you're not going to wear them if you're used to wearing sportier footwear like Nike and Pumas and things of the like, but they certainly aren't exclusive to women and gay men.

There are also a few styles to the Tom's brand and not just the basic canvas shoe.

I'm not saying that the brand is for everyone, because it isn't.

But it's certainly not reserved for a specific gender.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

8. Post #408
    Dennab
    June 2011
    560 Posts
    i guess they don't look that bad

but honestly, i've only ever seen girls wear and talk about toms

it's kind of like shopping at forever21 as a guy

not a bad thing, but it has some ramifications

9. Post #409
    December 2009
    60 Posts
    Why that new obsession with onesies? They make you look like an oversized child.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #410

Uh, forever 21 has an entire side devoted to guys, I shop there and have never been called gay. In fact I get to talk to the very pretty women who work there.

I have no idea where you are getting your misconceptions, but you should probably look up what youre talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    Why that new obsession with onesies? They make you look like an oversized child.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #412
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts

It depends on where you are. Down here, Toms are popular with everyone.

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts

you seem incredibly insecure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,885 Posts
    I don't like them much, and I wouldn't say they were for women either. They seem like something on the same spectrum as Crocs with them being only a little past sociably acceptable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8 (list)

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    592 Posts
    I don't like them much, and I wouldn't say they were for women either. They seem like something on the same spectrum as Crocs with them being only a little past sociably acceptable.
    I think as a shoe Toms are, whilst not something I would choose personally, perfectly acceptable.
    Whereas crocs are about as socially acceptable as genocide
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #417
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,265 Posts
    all the girls i know say that guys who wear toms are weird
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #418
    July 2010
    4,024 Posts
    i'd say you could only get away with wearing toms in a warm place like cali.

if you were to wear them over here in glasgow, you'd get stabbed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #419
    August 2009
    709 Posts
    I fucking love my new haircut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,885 Posts
    I think as a shoe Toms are, whilst not something I would choose personally, perfectly acceptable.
    Whereas crocs are about as socially acceptable as genocide
    Still looks like someone said "I really love Crocs but everyone hates them. How can I change them so they look normal while still being like Crocs?"

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    I fucking love my new haircut
    looks good but you have a weird expression on your face
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    592 Posts
    Still looks like someone said "I really love Crocs but everyone hates them. How can I change them so they look normal while still being like Crocs?"
    Actually Toms are based on Espadrilles, which were around long before the Croc. Although that said, Crocs are basically rubbery plastic clogs and clogs have been around (and ugly) since time began.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #423
    Dennab
    June 2011
    560 Posts
    you seem incredibly insecure
    in what way?

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    you're very afraid of looking gay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #425
    Ask me about my Zimmerman fetish

March 2005
    3,350 Posts
    @hay
    looks nice, but how come you're always squinting like that!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events

26. Post #426
    Dennab
    June 2011
    560 Posts
    you're very afraid of looking gay
    straight men dressing "gay" is an objectively bad thing for them, which is all i was saying

i don't dress gay, so i'm not afraid of looking gay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #427
    August 2009
    709 Posts
    @hay
    looks nice, but how come you're always squinting like that!
    Thanks, probably because of shitty lighting in my house. That, or I always look that way.

Just ordered a bunch of this stuff on a whim. I'm excited for it to come.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

28. Post #428
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,848 Posts
    straight men dressing "gay" is an objectively bad thing for them
    how is that objective at all? you're an idiot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #429
    Dennab
    June 2011
    560 Posts
    how is that objective at all? you're an idiot
    because you'll be sending the wrong message to the kind of people you're trying to show off to?

unless you live in a town where everybody is a metrosexual
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    straight men dressing "gay" is an objectively bad thing for them, which is all i was saying

okay except none of that is gay

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    923 Posts

no matter how you dress you're still going to be a wiener
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #432
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,848 Posts
    because you'll be sending the wrong message to the kind of people you're trying to show off to?l
    which is objectively bad? lol no it's not. some people subjectively don't give a shit/aren't trying to show off at all or the people they are trying to show off to also subjectively like the "gay" way they dress
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #433
    April 2010
    3,380 Posts
    Thanks, probably because of shitty lighting in my house. That, or I always look that way.

Just ordered a bunch of this stuff on a whim. I'm excited for it to come.
    I use that sometimes, I think you should have bought defining paste though. It's essentially the same but better to use when your hair grows longer. For how it is now it should be good.

34. Post #434
    Dennab
    June 2011
    560 Posts
    which is objectively bad? lol no it's not. some people subjectively don't give a shit/aren't trying to show off at all or the people they are trying to show off to also subjectively like the "gay" way they dress
    then why do people in this thread bitch about upgrade so much?

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,848 Posts
    then why do people in this thread bitch about upgrade so much?
    because we subjectively feel he looks like a douche
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    hey daniel my friend id just like to let you know rating people dumb isn't actually a counter argument!
    dont worry i was confused at first too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    592 Posts

Guys, danielplazzy is right! I'm going to update my wardrobe so I don't look 'gay' anymore.

Lord Pirate's guide to looking manly (inspired by the teachings of danielplazzy).

Some sort of predator based graphic t-shirt is essential.

Camo trousers just in case you have to do some impromptu MANLY stuff like hunting or hiding in the woods.

Sturdy hiking boots because nothing excites the ladies like a man who is ready to climb things.

Seriously, there's no such thing as dressing 'gay', although I would say it is possible to be/look camp. Almost all the gay guys I've met or I know wear exactly the same sorts of clothes that everyone else does, with one guy being the exception because he dresses in a MORE 'manly' way. I can only assume that you've never actually met someone who is gay and are basing your opinion solely on gay sitcom caricatures.
    Also as a side point, several of my female friends have a thing for guys that look camp, so it's not exactly disadvantageous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 16Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,848 Posts
    daniel why did you rate me dumb even though i just reiterated your point, only i said it was subjective and not objective. can you even remember what your initial point was anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #439
    Dennab
    June 2011
    560 Posts
    oh boy, here we go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,848 Posts
    gg great response
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)