1. Post #4721
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,860 Posts
    they have these cargo-chino pants with the elasticated parts at the bottom of the legs. Are they fashionable? I'll see if I can find a picture
    i've seen them around for a while now
    i hate them really. i'm not sure i hate the trousers themselves but they've been taken in by the chino wanker crowd (only by the wankers who have far surpassed their peers in wankerness level)

speaking of chinos and the shitstain on fashion that they have become in the UK:

i went out into manchester yesterday, a saturday. i never go out on a saturday because i'm usually working. i never want to again. i should have realised that saturday is the day all of the kids who are obviously normally at school go into town. the city was a sea of mud chinos, vans, and american apparel hoodies with the white strings tied into bows

i'm sure when i was 14-16 everyone wore different things? usually jeans of course but then the top half and the shoes would vary somewhat? probably not. i must be looking back semi-fondly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #4722
    Caragolpe
    hey guys what backpack or whatever do you use for school/university.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete

3. Post #4723
    June 2011
    325 Posts
    FULS, how do you guys feel about cologne? There's a lot of talk about how clothes have to fit you as a person and I feel like it's the same way with cologne. I'm wondering if you guys wear cologne at all and if so, how you choose it to fit you/your style?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4724
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,319 Posts
    Whenever it's talked about here, Polo Black is a dead cert for most recommended

Jeez guys, calm down haha. The shirt is meant to be drapy, it's the style. It's meant to hang low. They're nice shirts.
    "It's MEANT to be like that guys, terrible is the style in my neck of the woods"

Short sleeve buttondown shirts are always awful

Top button is always awful

People think they can pull it off but they can't

Sure some people look less drastically bad with it, but they would always look better with it undone, without exception
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

5. Post #4725
    March 2012
    1,368 Posts
    Hey guys, I've recently heard that pomades, gels, or waxes used in the hair can cause baldness due to blockage of pores. Does anyone know if this is true?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #4726
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,319 Posts
    Maybe in the extremely long run? It's not something I'd worry about too much man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #4727
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    592 Posts
    i've seen them around for a while now
    i hate them really. i'm not sure i hate the trousers themselves but they've been taken in by the chino wanker crowd (only by the wankers who have far surpassed their peers in wankerness level)

speaking of chinos and the shitstain on fashion that they have become in the UK:

i went out into manchester yesteday, a saturday. i never go out on a saturday because i'm usually working. i never want to again. i should have realised that saturday is the day all of the kids who are obviously normally at school go into town. the city was a see of mud chinos, vans, and american apparel hoodies with the white strings tied into bows

i'm sure when i was 14-16 everyone wore different things? usually jeans of course but then the top half and the shoes would vary somewhat? probably not. i must be looking back semi-fondly
    I think there was a bit more variation but ultimately people will wear whatever is roughly in fashion at the time. It does seem like teen fashion is somewhat less cliquey and slightly more homogenised as of late though.

Edit: And by homogenised I mean mud coloured.

hey guys what backpack or whatever do you use for school/university.
    Satchels are cool.

Mine was dirt cheap but has held up reasonably well and looks okay (looks better in person than in this shitty phone pic). But that said I don't take any huge folders/books to uni so if you do, get a more substantial one.

FULS, how do you guys feel about cologne? There's a lot of talk about how clothes have to fit you as a person and I feel like it's the same way with cologne. I'm wondering if you guys wear cologne at all and if so, how you choose it to fit you/your style?
    Colognes smell slightly different on each person so there is an element of 'fit' to them, albeit generally a negligible one. But nice smells are normally fairly universal so it doesn't really matter too much what you wear provided it smells good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #4728
    April 2010
    508 Posts
    My input for the day
    Beards are fuckin' sexy

if done right. (i guess theres a certain kinda face that suits a beard) like these guys..

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #4729
    March 2012
    1,368 Posts
    Maybe in the extremely long run? It's not something I'd worry about too much man
    Alright, thanks man.

10. Post #4730
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    My input for the day
    Beards are fuckin' sexy

if done right. (i guess theres a certain kinda face that suits a beard) like these guys..

both look terrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4731
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    My input for the day
    Beards are fuckin' sexy

beards can work, but they look horrible on these guys

it's like you guys give the worst examples on purpose
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

12. Post #4732
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    guys at least try and give an example of a good beard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #4733
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,382 Posts

studded beards are where it's at
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

14. Post #4734
    Caragolpe
    what the fuck is going on with his face
    it looks like he is 12 years old or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Funny Funny x 9 (list)

15. Post #4735
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #4736
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,478 Posts
    Beard piercing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #4737
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,317 Posts
    normally i wear christian dior eau sauvage

which is quite a classic scent, not too overpowering and quite clean with a hint of musk. though with it being even warmer now sometimes i'm wearing my other ones more

space nk blue which is nice and light

and paul smith extreme is a pretty safe shout when it's warmer.

Edited:

Satchels are cool.

Mine was dirt cheap but has held up reasonably well and looks okay (looks better in person than in this shitty phone pic). But that said I don't take any huge folders/books to uni so if you do, get a more substantial one.
    satchels are the best!

and if you're carrying big folders and books to university then you should probably just stop. you shouldn't need to take any more than a notepad and a pen or two
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #4738
    January 2011
    7,319 Posts
    Vman posted this in CC, I thought you'd all get a kick out of it

Finished editing this for film class. Next time I'll remember to look for groups early so I don't get stuck in the group with the awkward asocial people.

I had two passionate bronies, a dude with a fedora with a tiny fedora on it (which I never EVER saw him take off.) and a woman in her 40's who's nice but looks like a crazy person, and she always wanted to include her little kid in everything.

I decided it'd be best if I was behind the camera.
    Specifically:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4739
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,735 Posts
    is that a....

GENIUS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

20. Post #4740
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,860 Posts
    i have now learnt the joys of real trousers

i've recently gotten a bit sick of jeans because they're not especially comfy but i'm bored of chinos and bored of seeing them everywhere i go

so today i wore plain mid-grey, slim-fit trousers (i had them for 6th form back in the day) and they go good with my jumpers and brown boots and they're so so so comfy

Edited:

something like these

but darker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #4741
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,317 Posts

i've recently gotten a bit sick of jeans because they're not especially comfy but i'm bored of chinos and bored of seeing them everywhere i go

so today i wore plain mid-grey, slim-fit trousers (i had them for 6th form back in the day) and they go good with my jumpers and brown boots and they're so so so comfy

Edited:

something like these

but darker
    m&s do a huge range of trousers like this literally ranging from 15 to 50. and they're brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #4742
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,967 Posts
    to keep the hearts going, I love you all

except for rusty
    good i would not have your affection taint my image
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #4743
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,086 Posts

Edited:

something like these

but darker
    legitimate trousers are really fucking comfortable

I have these chino-trouser mashups that are Dockers so they're not real chinos but they're not trousers either, but they're amazing since they can be dressed down or dressed up and they're really comfortable

24. Post #4744
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,735 Posts

Edited:

something like these

but darker
    wore those my entire highschool years
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #4745
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    legitimate trousers are really fucking comfortable

I have these chino-trouser mashups that are Dockers so they're not real chinos but they're not trousers either, but they're amazing since they can be dressed down or dressed up and they're really comfortable
    Dockers are the best, most reliable pair of pants I have.

26. Post #4746
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,086 Posts
    Dockers are the best, most reliable pair of pants I have.
    they're definitely some of the better pairs of pants I've had in awhile

27. Post #4747
    July 2010
    666 Posts

Just thought I'd make my first post in here, any comments on the hair, jacket, etc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

28. Post #4748
    THE MOON ... BEAU TIFUL
    June 2006
    1,143 Posts

Just thought I'd make my first post in here, any comments on the hair, jacket, etc?
    I don't like that haircut at all, I think you'd look much better with short hair

almost everyone does
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #4749
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    the haircut is really bad
    I can't see much of the jacket due to the lighting, but it looks meh, especially with that collar like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

30. Post #4750
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,149 Posts
    What does FULS think about quiffs? I really want one but idk if I could pull it off.

Also, I want some clothes for a party which make me look classy but not too dressy idk. Any ideas?

Edited:

Is your hair dyed? If it is, why?
    Collar should definitely not be up on the jacket imo. Idk, try a new jacket, you in UK (assuming yes cause of manchester)?

31. Post #4751
    July 2010
    666 Posts
    Yes it is dyed, and a short hair cut doesn't suit me if I'm honest, I don't even think the collar goes down on the jacket either.

Edited:

It does.
    If I remember I'll post a picture when I've done my hair tomorrow morning, the wind has fucked it up right now

32. Post #4752
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    if a short haircut doesn't suit you then neither does the actual one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

33. Post #4753
    July 2010
    666 Posts
    Here's another picture of the jacket, I don't know if it does much justice:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's the link for the jacket: http://www.superdry.com/mens/jackets...ch-army-jacket

Edited:

What does FULS think about quiffs? I really want one but idk if I could pull it off.

Also, I want some clothes for a party which make me look classy but not too dressy idk. Any ideas?
    Party clothes? You can never go wrong with a nice pair of jeans with either a polo shirt or a checked shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a plain white shirt underneath.

34. Post #4754
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,855 Posts
    your hair looks even worse in that picture
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #4755
    July 2010
    666 Posts
    Well I just uploaded the picture for people to see the jacket. If you guys think I should have it shorter then what style should I go for?

36. Post #4756
    Ask me about my Zimmerman fetish

March 2005
    3,353 Posts

It looks like you're trying to look like an animu character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #4757
    July 2010
    666 Posts
    Heh, I can see where your coming from, but no, that's not my intentions whatsoever.

38. Post #4758
    THE MOON ... BEAU TIFUL
    June 2006
    1,143 Posts
    Yes it is dyed, and a short hair cut doesn't suit me if I'm honest, I don't even think the collar goes down on the jacket either.

Edited:

It does.
    If I remember I'll post a picture when I've done my hair tomorrow morning, the wind has fucked it up right now
    I seriously doubt you look better now than with a short haircut. Your current hair looks like something my aunt would have, no offence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

39. Post #4759
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,149 Posts
    Try giving your hair a side fringe, instead of just letting it lie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4760
    July 2010
    666 Posts
    Try giving your hair a side fringe, instead of just letting it lie?
    That's what I usually do every morning, any tips for it though because it's usually back to it's natural state by night time. I'm not particularly fussed on using gel in it either.
    I currently only use hairspray in it and I've even had a hair clip in to train it to stay to the right(Only when I'm at home ofcourse)